The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory Reviews

The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 7
  • Emmie

Emmie · Married on 09/07/2019

A Must Have!

The Cedar Room went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! They even ended up letting us set up a few days early due to the hurricane. The space is open, airy and trendy with beautiful exposed brick and huge windows and the staff and food is INCREDIBLE. 10/10 would recommend for any event!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 8
  • Victoria

Victoria Kelley · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Day Ever!

I found this venue online while planning my destination wedding and could not have been more pleased. When we first walked in after traveling to see it in person, my fiancé who had previously had no opinion on the wedding venue even said, this is it! It was amazing. Graham and Caitlin were amazing to work with. Dealt with all my questions and changes over the entire year we planned from states away. The day of my wedding was a dream! It was gorgeous, the staff did not let me go without food or drink, they were so kind and made sure I had whatever I needed at every moment. They took excellent care of us. It really was the wedding of my dreams! Also- the food! I have family reaching out to me letting me know it’s the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding- I completely agree!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 9
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 10
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 11

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2019

The Cedar Room is the BOMB

From the moment we toured The Cedar Room, I knew without a doubt that I wanted our wedding reception to be held there! Our wedding reception could not have been more perfect! The venue itself is absolutely stunning and spacious to hold a good number of people! The staff was responsive and professional throughout the whole process. Caitlin was absolutely great the day of the wedding, and things ran so smoothly! Our guests are still raving about how great the food was, and how much they loved the venue! I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking for a beautiful spacious indoor reception venue in downtown Charleston! Thank you Cedar Room for an unforgettable wedding reception :)

Sent on 07/16/2019

Meghan · Married on 02/08/2019

Wonderful!

A beautiful venue with wonderful staff! Caitlin and Graham were so helpful! The communication was great throughout the entire process. Everything was seamless! Our guests loved the venue and everyone raved about the food. It was perfect!

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Christina

Christina F · Married on 09/22/2018

Organized and friendly

Planning a wedding from out of state was stressful. It was very difficult to make time for tastings and vendor meetings. Caitlin was always patient and kind with me, even when I sent a dozen emails with far too much detail. She always remained professional, patient and kind, and for that I am sincerely grateful for. We appreciated the Chef and the team accommodating our schedule to fit in our tasting. The team is wonderful and incredibly attentive. The team at The Cedar Room really help with coordinating your event and genuinely go above and beyond.

The venue is beautiful and has enough space if you're worried about weather. It has a gorgeous courtyard that we had our ceremony. The food though... it was amazing! We love Charleston and wanted to share this beautiful city with our families from Boston and Mississippi so we chose Shrimp and Grits, a carving station and taco bar. Months later our families are still talking about how amazing the shrimp and grits were and the beef tenderloin was PERFECT. The food was incredible. If I could redo my wedding the only thing I would change would be to spend more time eating! The food and the team was wonderful. Thank you for helping to make our day so special. *Photos are by Taylor Rae Photography*

Sent on 12/27/2018
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 12
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 13
    The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory 14

The Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory's reply:

Thanks, Christina!

We appreciate your kind words. Best wishes to you Sledge!

Sincerely,
    Graham & Caitlin

Rachel · Married on 08/03/2018

The Cedar Room, Graham, and Caitlin were an absolute dream to work with. We held our wedding reception at the venue and it was beyond perfect. To start off, lines of communication with Graham and Caitlin were phenomenal. Every one of our calls, emails, and questions were always answered in a timely manner. Graham, Caitlin, and everyone at The Cedar Room have a special way of making you feel like your event is the only one they're working on.
    In terms of the venue itself, it was perfect! The set of up of the space was exactly what we envisioned and the staff were extremely friendly and polite. The appetizers, salad, and entrees were incredible as well. Our guest are still raving about the food that was served and how it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. Caitlin is extremely detail oriented, especially when it came to a couple small requests we had. We mentioned a family tradition where two of our grandparents love anchovies on their salad and that the groom and groom's father favorite drinks were martinis with blue cheese olives. The night of our wedding, anchovies appeared on our grandparents salads and there were blue cheese olives for our martinis. It's the little things like this that made our wedding reception beyond perfect.
    The Cedar Room's catering staff were incredibly accommodating to some of our guests with severe food allergies. They provided allergen free meals as well as desserts for our guests with the allergies.
    The wedding cake was also perfect. The design was exactly what we asked for, as were the flavors of the cake.
    We cannot thank Graham, Caitlin, and their staff enough for everything they did to make our wedding reception everything we could have asked for and more.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jonathan · Married on 06/16/2018

An Elegant Wedding and a Surprisingly Easy Planning

The Cedar Room was such an incredible wedding venue. From planning to day-of, the process couldn't have been easier. Graham and Caitlin were helpful in any request we had. The venue was absolutely stunning. We worked with Emily at Ooh! Events for planning, and the two made a great pairing. I can't say enough good things about both.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Amelia · Married on 02/02/2018

I highly recommend The Cedar Room to anyone looking for a wedding venue. The space is gorgeous and they have done such a great job renovating the space to be picture perfect while still preserving the unique feel of the old cigar factory. I loved everything from the high ceilings and huge windows to the wooden beams and the beautiful light fixtures. But The Cedar Room offers more than just a great physical space. Graham and Caitlin are wonderful to work with and they will make sure every detail of your event is perfect. And my friends will not stopping talking about the food we served at our wedding! Mercantile & Mash produces some of the most delicious food in Charleston. We couldn't have been happier with our choice to book The Cedar Room.

Sent on 05/01/2018

S · Married on 09/23/2017

I'm so glad every day I selected this venue! I had a really specific vision for what we wanted, and they really worked with me to make it all happen. Everyone who works there really puts in the effort to go the extra mile. And our guests absolutely loved the look and feel of the venue! Also finding a location with parking in downtown Charleston is a rare gem. We highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Cathy · Married on 09/02/2017

The Cedar Room well surpassed our expectations. What an incredible venue, team & experience! When my husband & I decided to get married in Charleston, we quickly came across The Cedar Room & never looked back. It was everything we wanted in a venue. Graham & Caitlin were awesome and easy to work with. Not only are they very professional & on top of things, they are the nicest! Hurricane Harvey hit a week before our wedding (I grew up in Houston & my family still lives there) - Caitlin was extremely flexible and worked with us to adjust everything accordingly - since things were changing minute by minute. The food was amazing. The space was amazing. Everything was top notch!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Cedar Room made our wedding day more than we could have ever imagined. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful with tons of natural lighting and the exposed brick and beams. Our guests could not have said more wonderful things about the venue and the food. Many comments were made that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding, and we second that. Caitlin and Graham were an absolute pleasure to work with. Their responsiveness and organization helped ease the stress of wedding day planning. We also did our rehearsal dinner with Mercantile and Mash, and it was phenomenal. We worked with them as well with that, and could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Brittany · Married on 06/23/2017

I just got married at the cedar room June 23rd. It was the absolute perfect day. Graham and Catlin are two of the most friendly and professional people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Every single person told me how beautiful the venue was. It literally took my breath away when I first viewed it and honestly still does. The food is to die for. The hardest thing we had to do was choose the menu. Everything looked amazing and everything we tasted was.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

When my fiance and I began looking for venues, this was our first stop. Although we looked at several other options as well, we could not get this beautiful, rustic venue out of our heads. I am SO SO glad we chose the Cedar Room! First - the look... The simple beauty of this building really eliminates the need for extravagant decor. The pictures from our wedding honestly could not have had a better backdrop. Second - the help... Graham and Caitlin could not have been better to work with! We moved away from the Charleston area shortly before booking this venue, and Graham was so great to work with as an out-of-town bride. The food (as supplied from Marcantile & Mash) is still being raved about from our wedding guests! They also worked so well with my dietary restrictions (gluten allergy). Seriously - book this place. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Tammy · Married on 05/20/2017

Our daughter had her reception at The Cedar Room in May, 2017. Everything went flawlessly and was perfect. Everybody commented on how they loved the venue and how delicious the food was. Caitlin and Graham did an wonderful job with everything from start to finish. I highly recommended using The Cedar Room for any event you may be planning. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/13/2017

The Cedar Room is a GORGEOUS wedding venue. From the second my fiancé and I walked into the room, we knew that was the place for our wedding. It had a contemporary feel to it, but also a ton of Sothern charm. The stunning backdrop doesn't need much and there are so may options of what you could do with the space. It ended up raining on our wedding day and despite wishing we were able to capture some of the Charleston landscape, our pictures are FANTASTIC because of how beautiful The Cedar Room is inside. Caitlin (and Graham) were both so friendly and easy to work with - they made the decision making process for our menu very easy. It was hard to narrow down all the delicious options we tasted! We still (a month later) have people raving about how good the food at the wedding - both the cocktail hour and the reception/main course! Caitlin was always available if I had questions, and she was always willing to be flexible to meet whatever requests we threw at her for our wedding. I highly recommend The Cedar Room for any event.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Colene · Married on 03/11/2017

We hosted our reception at The Cedar Room and it was unbelievable. Graham and Caitlin were wonderful to work with. They were very responsive, professional, and met our every need. We had a plated dinner for just over 150 guests and the execution and service of it was perfect. We constantly have guests tell us how awesome the food was. They couldn't believe it! Dinner unfolded in a timely manner and was coordinated so that guests could enjoy their meal, but also have plenty of time to dance the night away! We also had their pastry chef design our wedding cake. We sent them a picture of my wedding dress and the chef produced an exact design of it on our wedding cake. It was absolutely perfect. The Cedar Room is a large beautiful room and a unique space. Our guests still rave about it. It was the perfect place to celebrate our marriage. We couldn't have asked for a better venue or a better team to work with. It was flawless!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Taylor · Married on 02/18/2017

I can not begin to express how amazing it was working with The Cedar Room and Mercantile and Mash. From initial contact, working with Graham and touring the venue, to tasting and meeting Caitlin, I couldn't imagine my wedding ceremony and reception taking place anywhere else. The food was amazing, Chef Morton is a true gem and I seriously get compliments regularly on ever single station we had set up! The cake was beautifully done, made to look exactly how I wanted it! The entire team assisted in setup of the ceremony inside, then cocktail hour was held in the courtyard, while the team flipped the room for the reception, and they did not miss a beat! Caitlin is the sweetest, most accommodating person I've ever met, and it felt like she gave as much care to making my day special as she would her own! I wish I could relive that day at least once a year. I truly felt like my husband and I were royalty. Before you could even ask, this team delivered and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

-Taylor Geathers

Sent on 03/21/2017

Kat · Married on 01/13/2018

4.2

We fell in love with the Cedar Room the second we walked inside. How can you not? Exposed brick, wood floors and beams, and giant windows to fill the room with natural light - it was love at first sight! Then we walked out to the courtyard and I immediately saw myself getting married there with the red brick and greenery. It is seriously the perfect venue.

Graham was flexible enough to show us the space with only a few days notice. We loved working with Graham and Caitlin and even decided to host our rehearsal dinner downstairs from the venue at Mercantile & Mash because we loved working with these ladies so much. They are professional and responsive, their venues are beautiful, and the food is DELICIOUS! We got so many compliments on the food for our wedding and rehearsal dinner - it was seriously incredible. They also have a bar downstairs from the venue which is where everyone went after our reception. It's the perfect little area for the entire wedding weekend and Graham and Caitlin made it so easy to plan from out of state. I would highly recommend the Cedar Room to anyone planning a wedding in Charleston!

Sent on 01/19/2018