The Carolina Girl Yacht Reviews

35 Reviews for The Carolina Girl Yacht

35 The Carolina Girl Yacht Reviews

Beth · Married on 10/14/2018

5 Star Experience

We were looking for a unique venue for our wedding. The Carolina Girl was absolutely fabulous. We had our ceremony and reception aboard for 4 hours. Captain Bob and the entire staff went above and beyond to help us have the most amazing wedding day. Our guests are still talking about our wedding day and how great it was. Definitely look into planning your wedding and or reception aboard The Carolina Girl.

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

Words can not describe the experience we had. Every single detail was executed perfectly! Everyone has said this was the not only the most unique, but best wedding they had ever been to! Hats off to The Carolina Girl and its crew!

Stella · Married on 04/28/2018

We held our daughter's wedding reception aboard the Carolina Girl in late April and it was the most amazing experience imaginable! From the very beginning, As mother of the bride, Ashley took such great care of me, so responsive to my many questions and emails, always the professional with an extra dose of sweetness! I felt in good hands through the entire planning and day-of experience. Our guests are still talking about what a magical evening it was - perfect weather, smooth sailing thanks to our handsome Captain TJ and his crew and a full moon rising at the end of the cruise - heaven sent!

Latronya · Married on 06/23/2017

This was the perfect venue! Ashley and Captain Bob were outstanding. They gave me everything I asked for and they were there and efficient every step of the way. We were able to enjoy our wedding day because they were so attentive to us and our guests. I would recommend this venue to EVERYONE! It was a very simple but elegant wedding and all of my guests loved it. The Carolina Girl, hands down!

Victoria · Married on 04/14/2017

I worked with Ashley through the planning stages and she was AMAZING. Took care of everything I couldn't! Really kept me level headed in my spastic times. Monica was our day of coordinator and she was GREAT! I had guests coming up and telling me that she was really on top of things and making the day run smoothly!

Caitlin · Married on 05/14/2016

Fantastic venue!!! If you want a fun, unique wedding that your guests will love, book them now!! The breeze, the beautiful view at sunset and the fact that you're on a yacht is reason enough. So many people are still telling me it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Captain Bob is personable and creates a fun, exciting atmosphere while Ashley (my in-house wedding planner and head events coordinator) made sure everything went flawlessly. She even bustled my dress!!! Who does that? :) She's amazing! They truly went above and beyond and gave us the perfect day.

Lori · Married on 08/07/2015

Amazing job done by the entire crew. They made our event so special. I would highly recommend a wedding on the Carolina girl

Lakisha · Married on 07/25/2015

The staff on Carolina Girl were so attentive on our wedding day. They worked well with each of the vendors that came to set up. Ashley was just all around excellent. I didn't have to worry about anything! Everyone was great!

Shannon · Married on 05/16/2015

Everything was perfect! Our guests loved it and we loved it! Everyone was so helpful and pleasant to work with-from the expertise of Camille and Kate in helping me plan and work the details, to Ashley being there the day of to make sure everything went as planned (she was amazing), to Captain Bob being so welcoming (and entertaining on the microphone), the DJ, bartenders….everyone was so professional, pleasant and easy to work with; it truly was the perfect day!

Maggie · Married on 03/14/2015

The Carolina Girl Yacht was the perfect place to have my wedding! The staff worked so hard to make sure that everything went as planned. Camille was such a great person to help me plan out the wedding - she was quick to respond to any questions I had and also gave feedback/suggestions when asked. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have a fun, memorable event. Thanks to Camille, Kate, Captain Bob, and the rest of the staff!

Jaimie · Married on 10/18/2014

Captain Bob, Camille, and crew were absolutely amazing! They made sure everything was just right and, most important, FUN!! We were blessed with a beautiful day and the friends and family who shared it with us still cannot stop talking about this unique venue. Our wedding day was more special than we could have ever imagined thanks to this awesome team. A longer day would have been the only thing that could have made it any better! Thank you to everyone at The Carolina Girl!

Stephanie · Married on 10/04/2014

Omg....these people are amazing!! They made my wedding day super easy....I literally did not have to do anything but get dressed and show up! All of our friends and family are still talking about what a great time they had, and how beautiful the venue was! Captain Bob, Camille, and Ashley were awesome and I can't thank them enough for everything they did to make sure that we had a wedding that far exceeded our dreams and expectations!!!

Our Rehearsal Dinner aboard The Carolina Girl was a smashing success. Captain Bob and Camille, our coordinator, were very professional, easy to work with and made some great suggestions. The DJ kept the dance floor hopping. I highly recommend The Carolina Girl as a very special venue for any celebration.

Ralph · Married on 07/26/2014

The Carolina Girl not only met but exceeded our expectations and contributed to making this special day extraordinarily exceptional. We chose the Carolina Girl for our wedding and reception after evaluating several different venues. Like others, we wanted something unique and exciting. We chose them for our wedding based on our experience with the people we interacted with like Capt. Bob and Camille and based upon feedback from others who had used them in the past. We could not have been more pleased with the professionalism and care the staff showed both preparing for the event and during the wedding.

As an event planner, Camille took great care to help us identify and recommend several different options for everything we needed including caterers, flowers, pictures, etc. She ensured everything went smoothly leading up to the wedding and that nothing was left to chance. All of her preparation paid off as everything happened exactly when it was supposed to on the day of the wedding and the boat staff was fully prepared.

The day of the wedding, Ashley was a consummate professional and handled any issues that arose quickly and effectively. We even had a problem with one of the vendors however Ashley jumped in and immediately handled the situation without any fuss on our part. She was a pleasure to work with; we could not have pulled this off without her.

The staff was extremely professional and on more than one occasion went out of their way to make this event special not only for us, but for our guests as well. We want to personally thank Captain Bob as he was forthright about ideas for making the event great and providing insights into what he has seen that works best while keeping the wedding unique to our tastes.

As others have shared with their feedback, all of our guests described it as the best wedding they had ever attended! We highly recommend this venue and staff to anyone.

Helen · Married on 06/13/2014

We had our wedding rehearsal on the Carolina Girl and it was a grand slam event! Camille (planner) helped me with top-notch recommendations on catering, transportation, flowers and timeline. Capt Bob and the boat staff were exceptionally professional, friendly and attentive to guests and needs. Cruising the harbor at night on this beautiful yacht was memorable for all and.am still hearing from the 95 guests that it was one of the best parties ever!

Would I use them again? You bet....in a heartbeat!

Amazing venue to send the happy couple away after a great wedding weekend! Everyone was so helpful and beautiful boat and views of Charleston!

Ambar · Married on 05/17/2014

The Carolina Girl was the perfect wedding! We wanted something short and sweet but with a breathtaking effect on our guests and this was just it! The quality of service was great! Camille, Captain Bob and Ashley did a great job making everything run smoothly! The communication between Camille and I was great! She did a wonderful job of helping me out! The boat is expensive for a venue but worth it! We used the boat for 3 hours and they seemed to fly by but in retrospect, it was the perfect amount of time! I hid on the bottom floor until the ceremony started and it was the perfect entrance! The sunset was a beautiful view! There was plenty of food as well! We used Crave Catering and they did a great job! This venue is perfect for those who want a simple wedding without too much planning. All I had to bring was the backdrop for the ceremony and the center pieces. The venue itself is beautiful and not much else is needed! You don't have to worry about entertainment either, there is so much beauty around that the guests just spend the whole time exploring and eating and taking pictures! Stress-free wedding! I would do it again!

Paige · Married on 04/25/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner aboard the Carolina Girl and had a fabulous time! All of the pre-planning with Camille was so easy...she communicates quickly and clearly, which was great! On the night of our event, Ashley and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were met. We couldn't have been happier with their service and our experience! The DJ was great, and our catered food from Jim and Nick's was delicious! Overall a great time was had by all...our guests raved about what a wonderful, unique experience it was. I highly recommend the Carolina Girl!!

Seth · Married on 10/06/2013

We just cannot thank The Carolina Girl Yacht enough for the extremely professional service provided to us for our wedding at sea!

This venue comes with an in-house wedding planner, so you definitely don’t need your own! Our planner Camille was so amazing to work with throughout the process and we simply could not thank her enough. She was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls within hours of our questions and totally kept us on track.

As for Captain Bob, we cannot think of a better captain for our event. From the moment we met him, we knew he was the man for the job. Not only was he very knowledgeable and capable of a safe cruise, but he’s extremely personable like us and we knew this would add to a memorable experience for our guests. We also appreciated the Captain’s crew for their professionalism during the event as well as the hard work they performed to ensure the yacht was shining for us.

During the event, all wedding planning is put into the hands of an onboard coordinator/event director. Our coordinator was Ashley and we had a blast with her! Her flexibility during the event and ability to make things work while herding tons of people is just awe inspiring. The four-hour event went by way too fast and there is no way we would be able to do all of our important traditions without her help!

DJ Bob was an absolute hit! The music was spectacular and everyone had the opportunity to dance.

We chose the great value of Jim 'N Nick's BBQ for our catering. The food was AMAZING! We had so many guests compliment us on this. Jim ‘N Nick’s food and service truly gets a full 5 Stars in our book! We can't wait to visit the actual restaurant again our next time in Charleston.

We are surely leaving something out but again wish to communicate to everyone this is the best wedding venue ever!!!

Sincerely,
    Newly Wed Mr. and Mrs. Charna

Helen · Married on 06/22/2013

We were recently married on the Carolina Girl. We had such a positive experience and everyone loved it. The staff made everything so easy from the planning to the actual ceremony. We had babies, children, adults, and senior citizens and the venue was perfect for all. (I do recommend taking a baby sitter or two as we did!)

Tim and Leslie · Married on 04/18/2013

What an enjoyable, relaxing evening on the water !!! The Captain and his crew were absolutely delightful to my husband, myself and all of the guests aboard. It could not have been any better......would and will recommend this venue.
    Thank you!!

My husband and I had an unforgettable night for our wedding! Everything was absolutely perfect on the Carolina Girl! From the coordinating, to the captain and crew, to the dj, everything was exceptional! Would HIGHLY recommend the Carolina girl for ANY event!

My daughter in law had her ceremony and reception on The Carolina Girl and I must say that it could not have been a more beautiful event. The weather was glorious and the Captain situated the boat in front of the most amazing sunset. Captain Bob officiated which lent such a relaxed atmosphere to the ceremony. He was able to ease the nervousness of the couple as well as involve all of the guests so it was the most intimate and lovely ceremony I have ever witnessed.

Camille worked with my daughter in law for 12 months walking her through every step of the planning process. She and her team were available at all times for consultation or meetings and were there the night of the wedding to ensure all went well. And it did! The sound system was top notch and DJ Bobby not only played everything my daughter in law requested but he really knew how to incorporate music that got all of the guests involved. Everyone, from the kids to the grandparents, was dancing up a storm on the dance floor.

This was truly an amazing event! From the beautiful sunset during the ceremony to the backdrop of Charleston harbor during the reception, this was a one of a kind wedding that is still talked about by our family and friends to this day. This website only allows me to give The Carolina Girl 5 stars but in my book they are a 10!

Julie · Married on 09/22/2012

Very memorable experience! It has been almost a year since our wedding. And our friends and family still talk about how much fun we had. From start to finish I would still choose The Carolina Girl to have my wedding on!