The Cannon Room Reviews

The Cannon Room 3
  • F

Funky Fresh · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Timeless Event Space

Very classic, upscale design. Loved all the windows that brought in the natural light. The bar area was very large. No heavy decor needed because it really is a classic space. The best part was working with the staff. Christie was the onsite venue manager and also the wedding coordinator at our wedding event. She went above and beyond to make sure the guest had a wonderful experience. We would highly recommend brides take a tour and look forward to coming back.

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • La'dasia

La'Dasia · Getting married on 05/24/2020

spectacular view of downtown

The space is chic clean, and contemporary. The staff were very accommodating, friendly & professional.

Sent on 04/30/2019

The Cannon Room's reply:

Thanks so much La'Dasia... the views are pretty awesome! We appreciate your kind words, and hope to work with you soon.
  • Cody

Cody · Married on 04/20/2019

The Cannon Room was a great choice for a wedding reception!

We had our April wedding reception at the Cannon Room and it was a wonderful decision. The space is gorgeous and all of the staff members were incredibly professional, flexible, and helpful. We can't recommend the Cannon Room enough!

Sent on 06/02/2019

The Cannon Room's reply:

Thank you so much Cody! So excited for you and Liz to continue your lives together! We loved being a part of your big day, and adored getting to know you and your family! -Christie

Marla · Married on 09/15/2018

If it weren't for Christie at The Cannon Room, I would not have been able to have my wedding. My fiancé and I had planned an outdoor wedding. Hurricane Florence came and severely altered our plans. We started looking for alternative venues on the Monday before our wedding. I saw photos of The Cannon Room and gave them a call. Christie answered and immediately started working to help us carry on with our wedding! She did everything in her power to make this work for us. She was so helpful and efficient. She literally planned my entire event in three days. I can't recommend her enough or this venue. The space is absolutely beautiful. It is light and bright with unique and charming features like beautiful windows and amazing light fixtures. I think Christie is what sets this venue above all the others. I guarantee you will find a beautiful venue but you won't find someone as amazing as Christie to help support you though wedding planning. I am forever grateful for Christie and the team at The Cannon Room. We were upset and considering canceling our wedding because it wasn't how we planned. I am so glad we didn't because I don't think it could have been any better!

Sent on 09/16/2018

The Cannon Room's reply:

I'm not crying... you're crying... ;)

Marla, you are such a wonderful human. You made it easy to just jump in and throw this awesome wedding with a few days notice. We did it! You did it! I wish you and Guy the happiest of ever afters! (Also your whole family/friends deserve a review, what an amazing support system)
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 07/14/2018

Christie is your girl! She will not disappoint!

I had the pleasure to work with Christie. She was wonderful in planning and making sure everything went well. The bride and groom organized everything with her all the way from another state. I officiated the wedding and I could not tell this was a long distance planning. Absolutely beautiful!
    I highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

The Cannon Room's reply:

Caroline, thank you SO much for this super kind review. We hope to work with you again very soon. At this point I think I should put we specialize in long-distance weddings! I think nearly all of my planning for 2020 weddings are long distance! :)
  • Brianna · Married on 05/05/2018

Christie was great! The Cannon Room fell into our laps and we fell in love with it! The venue accommodated all of our needs and everything was magical! I loved how involved Christie was and trusted her suggestywhen I needed them! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

The Cannon Room and team did a wonderful job on our wedding - it was the most perfect day! The venue is the perfect place to have a wedding. Throughout our entire wedding planning process, the team was always very responsive to our emails and making sure that everything was 100% ready to go for the day of. We would highly recommend this place as your venue!!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Kylie · Married on 01/05/2018

This is such a stunning space! The downtown location is great and close to other hot spots in Raleigh. The views of the city made for an enchanting backdrop for our holiday party. The space is clean, chic, and contemporary. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Victoria · Married on 01/01/2018

This was a beautiful place to have a wedding. I wanted a rooftop wedding but it being January, the 12th floor of the Capital Club overlooking some of the city was perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with either. Christie was remarkable and replied quickly and always made time for us! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Denise · Married on 12/15/2017

Our company had the opportunity to have its holiday party at the Cannon Room in December 2017. It was an amazing experience. Everything about the experience was phenomenal. The space itself was great with a spectacular view of downtown. Christie went above and beyond to ensure we all had a great time. We had space to mingle around the bar before dinner, eat dinner at a number of large tables and dance afterwards. The staff was impeccable, ensuring we were well taken care of. With the Cannon Room being downtown, we were able to walk to several other venues after our time at the Cannon Room was over.

Sent on 01/15/2018

Caroline · Married on 12/13/2017

The Cannon Room is the perfect venue for any event! Christi and the HQ team are extremely attentive and helpful. Would host here again!

Sent on 01/16/2018

bridget · Married on 11/03/2017

We were married here at the beginning of November and it was a perfect venue for us. Not only is the staff EXTREMELY helpful, they also go above and beyond the call of duty. Christie is AMAZING. Every little freakout I had she responded immediately and made me feel at ease, I trusted her from the get go and I was not disappointed. She is one of the hardest working women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. We had kids at our wedding, without even asking she had netflix hooked up in the glass room for them and she was in there monitoring while they ate dinner. The space is gorgeous...bright, airy and clean. We were married at sunset and the city lights gave an amazing backdrop to our special day. I can't recommend this space enough, it was pure magic. ♥

Sent on 11/09/2017

Amaree · Married on 10/20/2017

We hosted our anniversary party at the Cannon Room last month, and all our guests were blown away by how gorgeous the space was! Our guests also loved the central location, and the short walking distance from parking decks and hotels. Not having to invest too much in decor was also a plus, because the room itself has such beautiful details and views! There just isn't a space like it around! Christie was so helpful and accommodating, our whole experience was excellent. I have no complaints!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Rana · Married on 10/05/2017

We’ve had the wedding of our dreams at the Cannon Room. Christie was very helpful and responded to our emails and texts right away. She is very cooperative and professional.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Devan · Married on 10/01/2017

I recently had a wedding here and this place is phenomenal! The venue assistants were wonderful, especially Lakeesha and Christie. It has a lovely view of the city (especially at night) and is perfect for any celebration! It comfortably fit our guests (roughly 125) and had enough room for everyone to sit, stand, and dance without any issue. If you're looking to have a wedding in Raleigh, or any kind of gathering / celebration, please consider the Cannon Room. HQ Raleigh owns it and they can be thoroughly trusted to ensure perfection at it's finest.

Sent on 10/22/2017

The Cannon Room's reply:

Thanks so much Devan! We were honored to be a part of your big day!

Michael · Married on 09/01/2017

Great venue location! We love working with Christie and everyone over at HQ Raleigh during their special events. It is always a joy to be a part of an event space with such wonderful views. AMAZING!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2017

Being in the event industry, I know how important hospitality is. One thing is certain, The Cannon Room and their staff are accommodating, kind, professional, and deliver high-quality service. Not only that, the space is STUNNING with a phenomenal view! The remodel was very well executed and really sets the tone for a variety of events: weddings, corporate, conferences - so versatile! Love hosting and working events here!

The Cannon Room 4
    The Cannon Room 5
    The Cannon Room 6
    Sent on 02/05/2018
  • Keosha

Keosha · Married on 09/21/2013

Christie was amazing to work with! From the beginning she was very good about keeping the lines of communication open. The day of the event she was on site making sure things ran smoothly and even help with the set up! Not to mention the view is breathtaking. I can't wait to refer future clients to The Cannon Room because I know they will be happy with the decision!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Alli · Married on 09/30/2017

We had an amazing wedding at the Cannon Room. Christie and her staff were friendly, responsive, and very helpful and accommodating. The space is beautiful and does not require a lot of decoration or lighting to be absolutely gorgeous. It photographed well, too! The guests at our wedding loved the space and the beautiful views of Raleigh from the top of the Capital Club building. We strongly recommend checking out the Cannon Room for your wedding or special event - you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/12/2017