The Candlewood Inn Reviews

79 Reviews for The Candlewood Inn

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

79 The Candlewood Inn Reviews

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

We decided on Candlewood Inn for our venue after we saw the amazing view they had. We had our wedding there yesterday and I have to rave about them because they were so amazing. Bridal attendants always made sure I was being taken care of with everything I needed bring me food during cocktail hour since I was taking photos. They were on top of everything for me. The whole staff were amazing and they let me know of everything going on ahead of time so that way I knew. They made my wedding perfect! The food was absolutely delicious, I had many guests telling me that as well. Thank you guys for making my wedding dreams a reality!

Katie · Married on 12/02/2017

We would give 10 stars if possible! We celebrated our wedding day in early December 2017, and although the venue is known as a premier location for outdoor weddings, we were blown away by the holiday décor and beautiful cozy ambience of a winter wedding. The staff at the Candlewood Inn makes wedding planning a breeze due to their expertise in event planning. We dropped off all our decorations and personal touches a few days before the wedding, thinking that some of our bridal party would need to set up a few of the bigger items, however the team at Candlewood did it all for us. Christian and team go above an beyond the day of the wedding to make sure that all plans are executed to perfection, the bride and groom are fed, and gifts are secure. We had 4 staff members available for help and for service the whole day. All the food was excellent. Plus we loved that the dance floor is huge and accommodated so many of our guests. Many family members and friends have told us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever attended. Thank you Candlewood Inn!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/01/2017

The Candlewood Inn was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. The husband I were blown away by the property and the fact that they are a full service venue was awesome. The staff is amazing and planning, from our first meeting before we signed our contract, to our wedding day was stress-free. I never had any problem getting my questions answered in a timely manner. We decided to create our own centerpieces and the staff graciously created the tablescapes for me on the day of working from pictures I provided and everything was perfect. The food is amazing; not one of my guests were disappointed! Look no further than The Candlewood Inn for a gorgeous venue on the water in Fairfield County.

mike · Married on 08/20/2017

We got married on 8/20/17 - what a wonderful, beautiful place... on top of that Christen and his staff were great my wife and i had our own personal assistants for the day, when the photographer was working us lol they made sure we had appetizers drinks and even keeping us hydrated. the food was fantastic - even today our guests and family tell us what a great day they had!! To Christen and his staff THANK YOU!!!!! Mike & Valerie Costakis

Jill · Married on 06/24/2017

Candlewood was the best choice for a venue. Christian is amazing and is there for any questions or concerns that you have. My husband and I couldn't get over how great everything went and how amazing our bridal attendants were. They were there whenever we needed them from the moment we got there to the moment we left. Christian was also there our entire wedding. If you are looking for a place to have a wedding Candlewood is the place to go :)

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2017

We are so thrilled that we picked the Candlewood Inn for our reception. From the moment they opened the limo door and we stepped out, Christian and the gang were by our side. They went above and beyond--asking us what they could get us, bringing out appetizers and drinks while we were taking pictures and even bustling my dress for me!! We left a roll tulle at the venue that we didn't know how to use and they tied it into beautiful bows on the bathroom stall doors!! They went above and beyond and the reception was absolutely everything that we hoped it would be. We had a little mishap with seating and Christian fixed it almost instantly and absolutely seamlessly. Besides being a stunning venue, the service is what really made our wedding day spectacular. They even asked us when we wanted them to serve our food so that it wouldn't get cold when we were going around to our family and friends. This phenomenal service and stunning venue made our day absolutely perfect and we are so thankful that we chose the Candlewood Inn.

Meaghan · Married on 06/16/2017

I recently got married in June, and The Candlewood Inn made my experience so unforgettable. The whole staff, especially Christian were completely professional and helpful from day 1 with wedding planning. The first time we met he even gave us some sample cake slices to take home that someone had left...we were so excited to try so many cakes! And even with not so great weather and a ton of Danbury traffic, they created a perfect day for us. My guests complimented on how beautiful the ceremony was, even inside. They were able to transform the room from ceremony to reception with no problem. The food they provided was phenomenal, there were so many rave reviews from our guests, and our cake was incredible! A simple funfetti with cream cheese filling, everyone LOVED it! We also decided to have one of their exit stations as our guest favors...we chose the fabulous "cookie jar." We knew people were appreciative of some to-go cookies just by how little cookies were left by the end of our wedding. It was definitely a great favor idea. I can't say enough great things about Candlewood. The staff, the food, the service, the scenery, the atmosphere...I wish we had been able to party there all night long! They are an absolutely wonderful wedding venue.

Phoenix · Married on 04/15/2017

Candlewood Inn is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Connecticut. The outdoor ceremony area with gazebo looking out on the lake was absolutely perfect. There was a chance of rain on our wedding day, and the indoor option with the same view would have been perfect had we needed to hold the ceremony indoors. Christian, our coordinator, and the staff at The Candlewood Inn made everything from planning to the actual day run smoothly. Everything was set up perfectly. They took the time to understand how exactly we wanted things to be displayed and double checked with us when they weren’t sure. The attendants did a great job of making sure our every need was taken care of the day of the wedding. We were kept aware of when events were going to take place, and they ensured that we had plenty to eat and drink throughout the day. The food was excellent, from hors d’oeuvres to entrees to the cake were perfectly prepared and presented. The day ended with the staff packing up all of our stuff and loading it into the car, so we had not a single thing to worry about. We would recommend The Candlewood Inn to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

I can not say enough about The Candlewood Inn! The second my husband and I drove into the parking lot to view it we knew it was the place for our special day! The view of the lake alone is breathtaking! Filomena and Christian were great responding to my emails before the big day. Marlene did and amazing job reigning our big group in for the rehearsal and made sure all of our last minute questions were answered. The day of Mario was there to help with anything and everything! He came out of no where at times to do simple things you wouldn't normally think about, for instance when I came out and was about to start my first dance I thought what do I do with my bouquet and then I looked up and he was there to grab it from me! We had two attendants Emily and Christina these two were absolutely amazing!!! While taking pictures the two of them made sure my bridal party was fed and had drinks as well as me and my husband. So I wouldn't get anything on my dress they actually fed me at one point and gave me my straw to sip my drink. During the pictures I had taken my shoes off and when we got back in the girls actually got a wet wash cloth and cleaned my feet off before putting my shoes back on for me! The girls were there all night long getting us drinks and anyhting else we needed! All of our guests raved about the speedy service at the bar, the bartenders had set up the most common drinks all across the bar so no one had to wait a second for their drinks after the ceremony! The day was perfect which for a wedding is usually hard to say but The Candlewood Inn delivers the food was amazing and the staff was exceptional!!

Paula · Married on 09/16/2016

Our wedding was on 9.16.16 and our guests are STILL raving about how much they loved everything about The Candlewood Inn! From start to finish the staff truly went above and beyond to make it the best day ever. Our friends and family all complimented how welcomed they felt and how exceptional the service was. The attendants throughout the night were so pleasant and I felt that they were truly happy to be there, celebrating with us:) Five stars is not enough to rate the quality of service!!! Leading up to and even the day of, the entire staff worked with us to understand our vision, and they offered helpful suggestions at every turn. They were incredibly accommodating and reassuring through every decision regarding our special day. The value of this venue is exceptional, everything was very reasonably priced and there were many options for add on's in addition to the meal provided. We will never be able to say enough good things about our wedding ceremony & reception thanks to The Candlewood Inn!

Jodi · Married on 09/11/2016

I cannot even put into words how amazing The Candlewood Inn and ALL the staff were. They followed through with every little detail we requested from serving beer in pint glasses rather than the bottle, to choosing a cake shape and design from two different cakes they offered. Everything was absolutely perfect. We were treated like royalty. I never had to go looking for a bridal attendant, they were always there to hold my bouquet, lipstick, bring a drink, etc. Special thank you to Christian for all his hard work. I cannot imagine having a better venue. The Candlewood in was beyond perfect. Thank you for everything! -Jodi and Barry

Charlotte · Married on 07/23/2016

There are not enough words to describe how outstanding my wedding reception at the Candlewood Inn was! Christian and his team were absolutely incredible from the moment we first toured the property through to the moment we left after our wedding was over. The venue speaks for itself with the gorgeous lake views and stunning grounds. The inside was SHINING the day of my wedding, with a fresh coat of paint and newly washed chandeliers! Christian even took the time to help me decide on the perfect color for the uplighting that we added in, never losing patience with me and acting as if he had all the time in the world to help indecisive me decide on a color.
    As soon as the limo bus pulled up with my husband and our bridal party we were treated like royalty. Our bridal attendants took excellent care of us, always making sure we had water, beverages, and food nearby. When my bustle on my dress broke a few times throughout the night, they were always prepared to help fix it.
    The food was delicious, from the cocktail hour all the way to the gelato bar, my guests are still raving about it! Christian made sure that my husband and I took the time to sit down together so that we could enjoy our meal as well, something that was very important to us. He even got us our own special individual pieces of tiramisu, my favorite dessert, to go along with our wedding cake! Everywhere I looked that day, Christian was there making sure that my husband and I were having the best day of our lives.
    To say that our wedding day was a dream come true is an understatement. The Candlewood Inn helped create a wedding day that was far beyond our dreams, it was absolutely perfect in every single day. Every single person working at our reception had a smile on their face and you could feel their genuine happiness for us, it did not seem like it was just another day at work for them. The Candlewood Inn is worth every single penny!

Kathy · Married on 07/02/2016

We had our son's wedding on July 2,2016 at the candlewood Inn and it was magical. The entire staff from the first day of planning till the day of the reception, made us feel that our wedding was going to be spectacular..... And it was. The venue speaks for its self on beautiful Candlewood lake. We have a summer home on the lake and dreamed of having our sons wedding their with all the beauty the lake has to offer. Having amazing weather could only add to the special feeling that the venue offers.
    The food was 4 star, from the cocktail hour straight through to the Viennese hour that was top class. We would recommend this venue to any family looking to have an elegant wedding reception that truly became worry free for us. Many venues will promise you everything and when the special day arrives and you are disappointed, you can't redo the day. you have one chance to get it right and we are so happy we chose the Candlewood inn.
    The catering manage Philomena, Christian the party planner and the bridal attendants will cater to your every need.

Rosanna · Married on 05/28/2016

Our wedding at the Candlewood Inn was everything we could have hoped for and more. From booking to the big day everything went smoothly and Christian was great to work with. We arrived early for pictures and were welcomed with open arms. The bridal attendants went right to work making sure everyone was comfortable and hydrated, they blew us away. One of the attendants even found me on the bus as we were leaving with food in to go boxes for us to eat later! All the food was great, filet was our favorite! Our guests are still raving about the coffee cordial bar that they offer with dessert, highly recommended!

Alexa · Married on 04/09/2016

We got married at the candlewood inn on April 9, 2016. From booking with filomena to choosing the cake and food choices with Christian everything went smoothly. The day of our ceremony was perfect, the staff were so helpful and guests even complimented how everyone went above and beyond. The food and cake were delicious and the venue is gorgeous. We had our ceremony inside due to colder weather and it was still beautiful. We couldn't have asked for anything better from the candlewood and the staff.

Candlewood Inn was absolutely AMAZING! The weather was perfect, the staff was professional and the grounds are gorgeous! Anyone would be lucky to get married here! Christian is amazing, he is cool, calm and collected throughout the entire event. I don't think anything could rattle his cage. A truly great venue to get married at!

Megan · Married on 07/18/2015

We got married in July at Candlewood Inn and loved the whole experience! Christian and his crew made everything so easy and stress-free! My husband and I both had attendants the whole night checking in with us, grabbing us drinks and even helping my MOH bustle my dress! My biggest fear was the food since we were not allowed to do a tasting before, but the food was great! We added the gelato station and a pretzel exit station which our guests LOVED! The venue was beautiful and we got great pictures on the lawn as the sun was setting. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and staff!

• Carei

Carei · Married on 12/13/2014

If you are looking to have the most perfect wedding experience that won't break the bank, then DEFINITELY book your wedding at the Candlewood. The staff is beyond professional. They were very attentive and very caring. Our wedding went off without a hitch and it was all due to Christian, Mario and their staff.
    When we booked our wedding, I was a little nervous about the food, especially since there was no tasting, but everything was delicious and perfect. We ordered the filet mignon and the chicken piccata are our entrees and they were out of this world. The steaks were made to order and we like butter! And the wedding cake was included in the package!!!!
    The venue is also beautiful! What more can you ask for??? The space, the staff and the delicious food made everything perfect!

Shawna · Married on 10/04/2014

The candlewood inn did an amazing job for our wedding this weekend. Christian and his staff were absolutely wonderful and were so accommodating. It rained on our day but they made it just as special than if it were outside. Everything was more than I could have asked for.

Thing couldn't work out better, Christian was spot on with hi team. They were reponsive, helpful, courteous and always smiling. Steak was the main course and we received comments from a lot of guests that it was the bet steak they ever ate.

Steven · Married on 06/14/2014

The best venue for any event, particularly on a sunny day. The views of the lake are unsurpassed, the food delicious and the service first class all around. If I had any daughters left this is where they would be married! All of my guests echoed the same. A great time was had by all!

My daughter's wedding was Memorial Day weekend. There is no other venue worth looking at in Connecticut as Candlewood Inn has it all. The setting is amazing. The staff was absolutely incredible, especially Christian. Christian was the person we dealt with every step of the way, especially the rehearsal and evening of the wedding. He was incredibly attentive and wonderful to deal with. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious. All of our guests were blown away by this wedding venue. Most people said, why would anyone look any place else. I would recommend Candlewood Inn to anyone without any reservations at all.

• User3519721 · 2+ years ago

The choice to get married at Candlewood Inn was an easy and obvious one! The venue speaks for itself. We had only visited a handful of other places and instantly knew when we drove up that this was where we wanted to say "I do." My husband and I got married over Memorial Day weekend. From the very beginning Christian and his staff were more than helpful and accommodating. They walked us through the entire planning process and helped alleviate some of the stress of planning a wedding. The weekend of our wedding Christian and his staff were by our side from the rehearsal dinner all the way through the end of our reception. From the ceremony through the reception Christian was there making everything run seamlessly. He was so much fun to work with! The biggest worry I had prior to the wedding was that they do not offer food tastings. If you are concerned about this, don't be! The food was fabulous. Our guests are still talking about the filet and how it was so tender it could be cut with just a fork. Thank you to Christian and his staff for a wonderful and memorable day! We couldn't be happier.

• User4641997 · 2+ years ago

Staff was amazing and so attentive. I couldn't have been happier having my wedding hear. It is so beautiful and everyone worked with us to make this day unique to us and also calmly help us make a decision when the weather wasn't cooperating! The experts that they are we were able to get out ceremony done outside just in time!!!