The Cakewalk Shop Reviews

The Cakewalk Shop 5
The Cakewalk Shop 6

Erin Hawkins · Married on 10/25/2018

Absolutely Perfect

I'm so glad I found this shop for my wedding! We were so impressed with everything they had to offer, and the price really couldn't be beat. We ordered our wedding cake as well as a dessert buffet that included cookies, mini pies, cheesecake shooters, lemon bars, and meringues. The desserts were gone before we even had a chance to cut the cake (luckily our wonderful caterer set some aside for us)! Our guests raved about how good everything was, and the display for gorgeous! At our tasting, I gave them an idea of the look I was going for and they hit it out of the park! Every detail was perfect.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Nicole · Married on 07/01/2018

The Cakewalk Shop did a fantastic job with our cake and a dessert table. All of the desserts were a hit with our guests. They were really helpful as we were planning how big of a cake and how many other desserts we would need. The cake was beautiful and had amazing sugar flowers decorating it. It was also delicious cake!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/20/2018

My experience with the cakewalk shop was amazing to say the least. I was behind on my planning, but they managed to accommodate me on short notice and still provide an absolutely amazing cake. We went in for a tasting and I said "ferns" & "blue?" and they sketched the idea right then and there. It's like they knew exactly what I was going for. When they delivered, I provided the flowers and ferns and they decorated on site. When I returned to the dessert table to see their work, I was literally speechless. I wish I could have kept it forever, it was too beautiful to eat. I thought in my short time frame that I'd have to settle for simply decorated, but they made my dreams come true. Oh, and the "blue" velvet we asked for was absolutely delicious too!!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Eddy · Married on 09/16/2017

We cannot thank Tamera and Johanna enough for all that they did for us. Tamera's ideas and guidance helped us make a truly unforgettable day with memories that will last a lifetime. We had the most amazing lemon cake with a passion fruit filling. A simple black and white cake on the exterior, but when we cut into it, there were 7 brightly colored layers of the rainbow. We paired that with matching flavor cupcakes for the guest. We also had amazing chocolate cupcake filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with salted caramel buttercream. We highly recommend this amazing team!

Sent on 02/25/2018
    The Cakewalk Shop 7
    The Cakewalk Shop 8
    The Cakewalk Shop 9
    The Cakewalk Shop 10

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. We had a smaller cake and a variety of dessert options. Pies, mini cupcakes, macaroons, tarts. Everything went.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2017

Our cake turned out beautiful, just the way we wanted! They have have the ability to make more detailed cakes, or keep them simple! It tastes absolutely amazing too!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Sherrie Belt

Sherrie · Married on 11/27/2016

People are still talking about our cake! Gorgeous and absolutely delicious. The absolute perfect cake for our wedding.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband and I LOVED our experience with The Cakewalk Shop. The mother-daughter team did an amazing job with our cupcakes, beautiful wedding cake, and helping to set up the cake table. Everyone loved the cake flavors (browned butter is amazing!) and the cake table looked dreamy. We would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Alex · Married on 07/16/2016

I can't thank Johanna and Tamara enough for crafting up the perfect wedding cake for our wedding day. Not only do I think that their cake is the best around, but I was looking for some specific flavors and they ended up creating a new cake recipe for us. I was looking for a cake that wasn't too sweet, so they created a sour cream pound cake with white chocolate filling and summer berries inside. I can't even tell you how delicious it was. For our second flavor, we chose from their menu and ended up with chocolate with salted caramel frosting and brittle inside. We did a fresh berry sauce for guests to pour over the cake. Guests are still raving about how delicious our cake was.

As for our design, by the time we went in for our cake tasting I was "decisioned-out." I had some photos of things that i liked, but couldn't choose just one to save my life and honestly didn't care. I just wanted it to look pretty. In the end, I told them to just have fun and create something they thought was beautiful. I walked into our reception and was BLOWN AWAY by our cake. It was so perfect and gorgeous. There are so many pretty cakes, but it was fun to see what they envisioned along with the rest of the design for the wedding I had shown them.

Finally, I had secretly planned a groom's cake with Johanna. My husband was so surprised and it was really fun to see how they crafted the arena floor for his favorite basketball team.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    The Cakewalk Shop 11

Julienne · Married on 06/18/2016

The Cakewalk Shop provided our cutting cake, cupcakes for guests and french macarons as our wedding favors and they were fantastic. They were flexible in scheduling a tasting outside their typical hours and responsive to our questions. In addition, they generously offered help to box our macarons. We received many compliments from our guests on how delicious everything was. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Julie · Married on 07/18/2015

Turned out better then I even could imagine. They were on time and very helpful when I needed it. The cake and cupcakes were so good and guest wanted to take some home :)

Sent on 07/27/2015

Paul · Married on 06/27/2015

They prepared cake for us, it was looking pretty cool and delicious thanks for everything !!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Katie · Married on 06/13/2015

Yummmy cake here !! I definitely recommend them !!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Emily · Married on 05/24/2015

SOOOO Yummy! Cakewalk Shop was so easy & fun to work with. The cake tastes as good as it looks, too!
    My husband & I actually booked them before doing a tasting because the reviews were so high and we were not disappointed.
    Upon finally testing out the flavors, we tried 4 different kinds of cake and numerous toppings to the point where it became difficult to choose. We settled on alternating tiers of red velvet & spice cake. The day of the wedding the cake arrived early and it was stunning! Would recommend Cakewalk to all future couples as the price point and quality are top notch.

Thank you!
    ~Emily & Ghiles

Sent on 06/10/2015

Kristen · Married on 03/21/2015

When we first visited our venue, Swans Trail Farms, we heard there was a bakery onsite and were thrilled to learn that they made not only cakes, but pies too! After tasting the pie holes (single serving pies), we were completely sold and decided to get a small two tier cake from them too. They waived the minimum cake cost for us and allowed us to use a cake stand of our choice at no additional cost since we got married onsite. They even baked the pie holes that evening and brought them out to our reception still warm from the oven! They were a huge hit and the cake was absolutely delicious too! We couldn't be happier with our experience with The Cakewalk Shop!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Nicole · Married on 01/31/2015

I was in a crunch as my prior baker disappeared so going off of online reviews only, I bought a cake from The Cakewalk Shop.....and I was NOT disappointed! We chose two flavor combinations for our cake: the salted caramel filling was TO DIE FOR and the champagne cake was so delicate it melted in your mouth. The customer service was very helpful and her kind words calmed my stress. I have referred several friends and family to her and will continue to do so.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Hortencia · Married on 11/22/2014

Can we just say AMAZING and DELICIOUS!! You have to give The Cakewalk Shop a try!!

I am not a sweets person; I am not even a big fan of cake. I usually pass when cake is offered because it always just seems so plain and not exciting. All of that changed when we met with the ladies of The Cakewalk Shop!

We had the brown butter cake with coconut and salted caramel filling and it was divine! ME…The person who didn’t like cake was in heaven and I couldn’t wait until our wedding to share the amazingness The Cakewalk Shop is with everyone.

We definitely had to share a whole lot sooner so we ordered our wedding cake flavors for two birthdays in our family before the big day. EVERYONE couldn’t stop talking about how delicious the cake was! We had family as excited as we were to eat cake at our reception.

The cake was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. It was simple yet elegant and matched our wedding perfectly!

We tried a lot of cake that just didn’t really do it for us before going to The Cakewalk Shop. We were glad we found them! We had a beautiful and delicious cake that was right within our budget yet looked like we could have spent a pretty penny!

Sent on 12/11/2014

McKenzie · Married on 09/13/2014

First off Yum! There cake is delicious! The cake tasting was fun, they let us try several cake flavors and different types of frostings and we could even mix and match! They let my fiancé and I alone for a little bit so we could discuss which was our favorites and which combinations we liked. We thought this was so nice!
    They were so flexible with the amount of cake I ordered...Originally I had anticipated 160 guests but ended up with 130. About 2 weeks before I called and asked if I could change the size of the sheet cake and they worked with me so I didn't pay for extra cake!
    The caterer I used said my cake was the prettiest cake she has seen! The Cakewalk Shop did an amazing job. I had showed them a few pictures of ideas and they did a drawing of their ideas and I told them to go with it. It was so beautiful!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Tamara and Johanna are so wonderful! They made an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake (or two..)! So many different flavors to choose from, and all so wonderful! We had a 3-tier cake as well as a groom's cake. Top and bottom tiers were lemon cake with one layer of lemon curd, 2 layers of raspberry buttercream, middle tier was browned butter cake with milk chocolate ganache, and groom's cake was carrot cake with spiced cream cheese and ginger. All flavors were a hit!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Simon · Married on 08/09/2014

We had a very simple cake in mind, though of course we knew that a simple result often takes more work to pull off than the extravagant look. The tasting was fun, and we felt we had good guidance on what would and wouldn't work, which really helped. The end result was perfect and not only looked good, but matched the day perfectly and tasted amazing.

Sent on 09/30/2014

This place was amazing! I was planning my seattle wedding from CO and were able to fit me in last minute for a tasting when I was only in town one weekend in June. The tasting was great with a wide selection of cakes and frostings and worked very well with the venue, they were just down the street. On the day of they delivered everything and the catering staff set up (so things wouldn't melt in sunlight). Everybody LOVED the cupcakes! We loved our adorable cutting cake! We had 3 cupcake flavors for our guests and our cake for us. They were beautifully decorated and tasted great!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Jaeeun · Married on 07/12/2014

The cake here is SO delicious! Everyone asked for more! We had the browned butter cake with raspberry mousse and lemon cream cheese filling for one of the cakes and a browned butter cake with chocolate ganache and caramel for another cake. They were winners!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

I cant say enough good things about the cakewalk shop! They exceeded all my expectations. Booking with them was easy, my cake tasting and design planning was a relaxing and fun experience. When I saw my cake for the first time on my wedding day I jumped and squealed like a little girl. It was perfect. They followed my design to a T, nailed my colors perfectly and holy moly was it ever delicious! The cake was so fresh and the flavors were in perfect harmony. Not to mention the sugar flowers on top were little works of art, themselves. They even found me a mint cake plate to use that was identical to the one I had been searching for (without any luck). The whole process with the cakewalk shop was a breeze and im SO glad I found them! To think I was going to just get a grocery store cake and call it good. Would have been a terrible mistake. I highly recommend them, they know their cake!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Gwynne · event on 06/07/2014

The cakewalk shop is simply amazing. Fantastic service with true professionalism and friendliness . They are very attentive to my requests and were very prompt with my emails and questions. I ordered a custom made three tier cake for a woodland themed baby shower. Cakewalk was amazing in replicating the picture of the cake I wanted but also added a creative and artistic emblem. The cake was the talk of the party. The brown butter cake with salted Carmel filling and the red velvet cake with cream cheese filling was delicious. I had many inquiries about the bakery and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • User4642062 · 2+ years ago

We first heard about The Cakewalk Shop at a vendor open house held by Antheia Ballroom. We were able to sample the different cakes and frostings. We talked with the staff and came up with what we wanted the cake to look like as well as the different flavors available. We decided on a 6" round cake and 8 dozen cupcakes. We had 2 different flavored cupcakes and our 6" round wedding cake was a different flavor than the cupcakes. We really liked the fact we were able to have such a variety of flavors at no additional cost. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how moist and delicious the cupcakes were. We were so happy with our experience that we voted for them in the category of Best Wedding Cake in the Best of Western Washington contest. We highly recommended The Cakewalk Shop.

Sent on 12/29/2014