The Cake Maker Reviews

42 | Kremmling, CO

42 Reviews for The Cake Maker

Elizabeth Bowling · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Responsive vendor and delicious/beautiful cake!

Sarah picked up my call immediately and answered all of my questions very clearly. I wanted a simple, small, but beautiful and delicious 3 tier cake. Her website was very helpful with cake flavor options, she replied to all of my emails within a day or 2 (great!), and my mom commented on how efficient she was with setting up the cake and using the flowers from the florist to decorate the cake. We had caramel filling, spice cake, vanilla buttercream frosting and every guest (only 7 of us) commented on how delicious the cake was. She even drove the cake safely up a dirt road for delivery :) Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Gretta · Married on 10/10/2020

Simply the best Cake Baker!

Sarah is the best of the best! Her cakes, frostings, and fillings are delicious, she creates the most beautiful cakes, and we were pleasantly surprised at her pricing for our large and involved cake request! We were quoted twice her price from another mountain bakery (glad we didn’t cave to Vail pricing!), and her cakes are so good we woke up craving another piece the day after our wedding! She is the best decision you can make for your CO mountain wedding.
    She will mail you cupcakes and frostings to try for your tasting, and we made a fun night out of it! We also had her make a gluten free cake for some of our guests and it was equally as delicious!!
    She is so accommodating and great with communication. We couldn’t be happier and look forward to future cakes for special events from her :)

Sent on 10/23/2020

Mariah Campbell · Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing!!!

Sarah did such an amazing job with our cake. I was blown away with how incredibly beautiful it was. It was exactly what we wanted and tasted absolutely delicious! It tasted so good that we didn’t have any leftovers — our guests went back for seconds (and thirds)! Unfortunate for us, but that tells you how delicious her cakes are. Sarah is super responsive and helpful with picking out exactly the kind of cake you want. She made our wedding cake dreams come true! Thank you so much, Sarah!!!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Jocelyn Taylor · Married on 03/06/2020

Delicious cake!

Sarah was so easy to work with! She made our wedding cake dreams come true. We went to Breckenridge in October to plan our wedding and she was willing to meet us to do a tasting so we could decide on cake flavors. She very easily worked with my Grandmother when she had lots of questions! Our cake was absolutely delicious. We chose our bottom layer to be lemon and the rest of our cake to be vanilla with the almond buttercream frosting with a strawberry filling. Our guests absolutely loved it and we barely had any left. Numerous people came up to us to compliment us on our wedding cake and that it was the best they have ever had. She was also willing to be flexible when I requested a metallic gold bottom of our cake and the cake not all being the same.

Sent on 03/13/2020

Abigail Hughes · Married on 02/12/2020

Delicious and beautiful cake!

Sarah baked our wedding cake in December of 2019. She was easy to schedule with for both the tastings in the mail (which made having a tasting from out of town really easy) and for the order and delivery of the wedding cake. She had tons of options and inspiration for flavor combinations and designs, and the cake we ended up choosing was beautiful and delicious. We would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a cake for any occasion!

Sent on 04/25/2020

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2019

Delicious cake!

We hired Sarah The Cake Maker Colorado for our wedding and could not be happier! Her cakes are both delicious and beautiful! She has a beautiful range of designs and styles to choose from- so many unique options! We did a two tier vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and it was so delicious and moist, we got a ton of comments on how good it was! The design was absolutely perfect for our mountain wedding- watercolor hand painted mountains. It was so beautiful! We also got some brownies from her and they were super fudgey and so good! Sarah was also super sweet and accommodating to work with! I would highly recommend hiring Sarah for your wedding or event!

Sent on 11/09/2019

The Cake Maker's reply:

Thank you, Samantha! I am so glad that everyone enjoyed the cake and the brownies. I made stickers for my cake boxes using a photo that I took of your cake!

Natalie Helm · Married on 09/07/2019

Perfect Experience

Sarah was honestly the easiest vendor to work with! She was so accommodating and the cake was absolutely perfect in every way. I am not a huge cake person...but it was so delicious, we packed it up and literally flew back home with the leftovers! We hoped it would last for our first year anniversary but I thawed it and we finished it after just one month :) YUM!

Sent on 11/25/2019

The Cake Maker's reply:

Oh my gosh! I am so happy that you enjoyed it so much you took home the leftovers! Such a pretty little cake!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/06/2019

Sarah goes above and beyond!

We asked Sarah to do our wedding cupcakes and they were outstanding!

Since we were unable to do a tasting in person, Sarah was able to do a tasting by mail which was so fun. Her cake and frosting are absolutely delicious (I highly recommend the chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream). She was quick to respond to my emails and delivered everything to the venue on time. I provided her with wooden crates as the cupcake stand, as well as some greenery she could place as she wished and she made everything look so beautiful! Sarah has great prices for such amazing quality of product and service.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Fuller · Married on 07/27/2019

Dessert bar dreams come true!!

I had always wanted a dessert bar for my wedding, because one dessert is simply not enough! And let me tell you, Sarah The Cake Maker made all of my dreams come true, and so much more! From the ordering, to arranging the items day of, everything was absolutely spectacular! We ordered 3 different types of cupcakes, 3 types of cookies, and brownies, too! We also had a 2-tier cake to cut at our wedding and keep for our 1st year anniversary. Everything was SO delicious, and not to mention beautiful too!!!! If you want cake and desserts that you'll crave for years to come, Sarah is your gal! She even had many of our guests raving that the chocolate chip cookies were the best they've ever had! Long story short, if you want someone who not only makes the best desserts but is also responsive, professional, kind, helpful, and everything else, Sarah the Cake Maker is it!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Elise

Elise Moderwell · Married on 07/21/2019

Still dreaming of my wedding cake...

Our cake was unreal! It was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I honestly had six pieces at my wedding...

On top of it, Sarah was so great to work with! Super professional, responsive and helpful in the answering all questions throughout the process. She was really accommodating and even made us a gluten free cake and a vegan cake for some of our guests with dietary restrictions.

Sent on 07/29/2019

The Cake Maker's reply:

I am so happy that you loved your cake! It came out so pretty. I loved the display that you came up with for the cakes too!

Kati Barraza · Married on 07/20/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Cake!

I absolutely loved the cake Sarah made for us. It was exactly how I pictured. She is super talented, and I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Colorado Rockies.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/13/2019

Sunflower Themed Wedding Cake & Packers Grooms Cake

We absolutely enjoyed working with Sarah! She was extremely responsive and helped create the vision we had for our wedding cake and Grooms cake. We choose two layers: a marble cake with almond frosting and lemon cake with strawberry filling and almond frosting for the Wedding, then did a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for the Packers themed Grooms cake. All was perfect and we highly recommend using The Cake Maker!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Sam · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding June 22

Sarah made my wedding cake dreams come true!! She was amazing from start to finish. Cake was even better than I could have imagined. Beautiful and soooo yummy! Get the raspberry filling! She was so friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. You will not regret having her make your cake!Read Less

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/15/2019

The PERFECT wedding cake for a cake fanatic!

Sarah is THE BEST. From the moment I emailed her and we began exchanging lighthearted (but still very detailed) emails about our mutual love for cake, to the ease of mail-order cake tasting, to her INCREDIBLE talent in producing our gorgeous and absolutely delicious, art-deco red velvet wedding cake as well as a vegan/gluten-free small cake for our guests - I cannot recommend her enough!! So many cakes these days look great but taste mediocre, and it was important to me to find someone who cared as much about taste as I did. Sarah totally nailed it, and I am so so thankful we found her! She is also amazingly well-priced for the Vail area - honestly, she cannot be beat! Book early so you don't miss out on her talent!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Kathryn Skinn · Married on 04/05/2019

Beautiful and Delicious!

Sarah was such a joy to work with! She took my vision and made cakes even more beautiful then I could have imagined. And they tasted amazing!! She was always quick to respond and was very patient as I changed my mind several times. Highly recommend the funfetti cake!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Thank you Kathryn!
    I am so glad that you enjoyed your cakes! You had some beautiful ideas and it was so fun to bring them to life for you! Congratulations!
    Sarah
  • Katie

Katie French · Married on 01/06/2019

Loved our Lemon Wedding Cake!

Working with Sarah from The Cake Maker was a wonderful experience. Planning a destination wedding from states away had it's challenges, but Sarah brought ease and excitement to choosing a cake. My now-husband and I made a fun date night out of sampling different cakes and icing flavors, which were mailed fresh right to our door step. I shared my preferences for flavor, style, and size, and the final product was a dream come true. I will cherish our cake-cutting photos forever, and we will definitely seek out The Cake Maker's lemon cake next time we are in Colorado!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2018

Brought our vision to life

Sarah is incredible! She completely made our vision a reality! I gave her ideas of what I wanted and she put everything together perfectly. She made a mini semi-naked cake for the groom and I and she decorated it so beautifully. Not only was it beautiful, but it was so delicious! We also had cupcakes for all of our guests and received so many compliments about how fantastic they were! Sarah is so sweet and super easy to work with. Everything was so simple and stress free when dealing with her! She definitely helped make our day perfect and brought our vision to life.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2018

Sarah did such an amazing job with my wedding cake. She was able to perfectly create what I wanted and even recommended some great additions to the design. In the scheme of things, I contacted Sarah pretty late about ordering a cake, but she responded very quickly and was very accommodating. I would recommend doing her cake tasting over the mail as well. The package was delivered quickly and everything tasted delicious. I would have been happy with any of the flavor combinations she sent. The taste and look of the cake was perfect and was also perfectly priced. Even the workers at the restaurant we had our reception at was impressed by the cake. They took photos themselves and asked who made the cake so they knew themselves! I definitely recommend getting a cake from Sarah for any special occasion you have. Also, you should get the wooden cake stands her husband makes too. It was a great token to take away from my wedding to remember it by.

Sent on 09/30/2018

The Cake Maker's reply:

I am so happy that you liked your wedding cake! It was so much fun coming up with new ideas for one of my favorite designs! I hope you both have a wonderful life together!

Christy · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome to work with and amazing cake!

We hired Sarah to make the cake for my sister's Grand Lake wedding in July 2019. As a wedding vendor myself, from out of state, I wanted to make sure we had someone who could make things easy for us on wedding week, and Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was amazing to work with in advance, quick to respond to emails, we LOVED that she will mail tastings, and the wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! I would definitely recommend Sarah to anyone looking for an amazing wedding cake! Thank you so much, Sarah!

Sent on 07/25/2019

The Cake Maker's reply:

Thank you so much Christy! It was wonderful working with you and your sister. I loved the photos that you shared. The long dinner table looked AMAZING! I wish you lived a little closer so that we could work together more!
  • Logan

Logan · Married on 08/24/2018

Highly recommended this vendor

Sarah was amazing to work with! And most importantly, makes very good wedding cakes! She is very quick at responding to emails, it was quite impressive. We changed our mind about the size of our cake the week before our wedding and also added a small vegan cake to the order and she was very accommodating. Although we never met her in person, we didn’t feel a real need to because of her swift responses to my emails. For our tasting, she sent different flavors of cake and icing to us in the mail, which tasted amazing. We figured if her cake still tasted that delicious after traveling in the mail, then the day of cake would be even better. We had a semi naked cake with 3 different flavors(lemon poppy, devils food, and carrot) and also a small white vegan cake with coconut frosting. All of it was so good! The cake was beautiful inside and out and we were very happy with it. Thanks Sarah!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Beard · Married on 08/11/2018

Best Cake Ever

Sarah was amazing to work with, from the fluid communication, flexibility in design of the cake, and positive, upbeat attitude. I live in Texas and held our wedding in Granby. Sarah was able to mail me the cake and icing samples including tracking number so I knew exactly when they'd arrive and not melt in the heat. I held a taste testing party with my bridal party and we had such a hard time deciding which flavor combos to go with because they were all so good. In the end, we went with the Champagne Cake, Lemon Buttercream Filling and Strawberry Buttercream Frosting, kind of a play on strawberry's and champagne. I'd never had champagne cake before, but it's so light and moist, really worth the few extra dollars! I'd also asked her if she does strawberry cake and while it's not part of her overall menu, she was happy to share with me some she'd whipped up! They were also so good but in the end decided the overall group would prefer the champagne and I'd have to order strawberry some other time just to have! The strawberry icing is like eating fresh strawberries, seeds and all but not pink since she just infuses the icing with the fresh berries. I really debated on the style of cake given the many options shown on her website and Pinterest but in the end, I went with a 3 tier cake and watercolor buttercream frosting (not a fan of fondant) and it turned out even better than expected. She delivered the cake on time as promised and worked well with my wedding planner on timing of everything. We used flowers from my florist (The Stalk Market.) There were absolutely no complaints, all 5 * across the board. We can't wait to enjoy our cake top at our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Madisyn · Married on 08/11/2018

Loved our floral cake & cupcakes!

Sarah did a fantastic job with our cake, it turned out exactly how we pictured! We requested pressed flowers in the cake and it was beautiful. The raspberry filling is delicious. We are coming up on our one year and are excited to dig in to our cake again. All of our guests loved our strawberry cupcakes and of course the classic yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting my husband wanted. Sarah was easy to work with, flexible, and quick to respond. We initially ordered the tasting to our house, but wanted to try the fillings so Sarah found a time to meet us so we could try it all together. Use Sarah for your desserts, you won’t regret it. Thanks Sarah!

Sent on 06/22/2020

Tracy · Married on 08/10/2018

Sarah was amazingly patient with me and my changes. She allowed me to have each tier a different flavor. The cake was the most delicious I’ve ever had. You will not be disappointed if you choose her for any occasion!

Sent on 09/07/2018

The Cake Maker's reply:

Thank you so much Tracy! I am so glad you enjoyed it. I really loved the black, gray and white. I thought it came out really beautiful!
  • Stacy

Stacy Burch · Married on 08/08/2018

Piece of Red Velvet Cake

Sarah was incredible and so helpful in every way while I was planning our cake! As you all can relate I am sure, planning a wedding, no matter the size, can be extremely stressful, and before you know it your timeline has gotten away from you. Sarah worked with me so patiently, and even at the last minute saved my cake by picking up new fresh flowers as the ones we originally bought wilted 🥀 rendering them useless.
    We chose a red velvet cake and Sarah suggested an almond icing she makes. It was more perfect than anything I could imagine! So delicious! The almond icing was subtle and the cake was baked to perfection. I have not before or since had a better cake!
    I will continue to use Sarah for any other events in which I need a cake, as well as refer my friends to her.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Melanie · Married on 08/02/2018

Delicious cake, perfect design, and great service!

Hire Sarah now! She was incredible to work with and her cake was to die for! I personally love carrot cake and she made probably the best sweet thing I've ever eaten. She added the coconut icing for the tasting (which she offers to send via mail) and wow. Not to mention, the design was absolutely perfect. I wanted a funky three layer cake with mandala piping over purple on the bottom, a trasition layer for the middle, and mountains in white frosting for the top. I literally ran over to the cake table with a giant smile on my face on my wedding day because I was so happy with how beautiful it turned out. Top it off, her prices are totally affordable and her husband offers beautiful wood cake stands to complete the look. I highly recommend using The Cake Baker for any of your cake making needs.

Sent on 10/21/2018