The Brown Hotel Reviews

15 | Louisville, KY

15 Reviews for The Brown Hotel

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/19/2018

Stunning venue, top notch service

My husband and I were married at the Brown Hotel on October 19, 2018. We wanted an upscale and special venue where we could have our ceremony and reception in the same location, and that would have fantastic food and drinks. Our vision was luxe, elegant, and intimate. With a guest list of 60 people, we weren't sure we would find this at the Brown, having mainly seen photos of the very large Crystal Ballroom online.

Thankfully, we went to tour the space anyway and met with Meghan McNeill, who showed us other options within the hotel. We knew the Bluegrass Ballroom was exactly what we were looking for when we saw it. Our ceremony and reception were both in that room, with cocktail hour in the South Lobby while the room was flipped. While the venue was gorgeous, it was Meghan who really helped the Brown shine for us. Throughout the planning process, Meghan was a complete joy to work with. She was attentive, thorough, professional, and responsive. As gorgeous of a venue as it is, the experience was elevated and made so easy by Meghan. She is a breath of fresh air when dealing with such a stressful life event!

The day of the wedding, everything went even better than expected. Meghan and the event staff were top notch. We received so many compliments on the food and drinks ("you win for best wedding entree ever" said one guest.) If you couldn't tell already, I highly recommend the Brown Hotel. Thank you to Meghan for being instrumental in helping us achieve the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 12/03/2018

rebecca · Married on 12/31/2017

The Brown Hotel was magical and the perfect setting for a picture perfect wedding. The hotel is gorgeous - like something out of a book or movie. I have nothing but great things to say about the staff - Chef KT Thompson, Events Manager Meghan McNeill, Events Coordinator Jennifer Mitchell and Concierge Pat Sloaman were beyond compare. They elevate customer service to the next level. Pat recommended local masseuse Kristi King for an in room massage and it was perfect. From the moment we checked in the staff were always checking for ways to make sure everything was to our liking and to better our stay even more. The wedding itself was perfect in every way. The Crystal Ballroom is beautiful and the perfect backdrop for a wedding. Our Banquet Captain Shari and her team of servers and cooks did an amazing job with dinner. Meghan and KT made our tasting experience wonderful and the food was amazing. The lobby bar was a special and pretty space to congregate with our guests for an evening cocktail. The bell staff was professional and a pleasure to work with. I could go on and on. Whether you are looking for weekend trip with someone special, a cocktail before a concert event downtown or a wedding or special event venue - you will be in the best hands with the Brown Hotel.

Sent on 02/02/2018

Nessa · Married on 05/16/2015

Beautiful venue. Amazing staff. Had a wonderful experience with this venue. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Tim · Married on 03/22/2014

Off the chain with their support and flexibility for our family and guests for the Wedding.

Sent on 05/26/2014

The Brown made my daughter's wedding the most unbelievable event. Everyone was attentive, professional and made us feel like we were the first and only wedding held at the Brown (of course we weren't) but you get my point. I would recommend the Brown to anyone wanting a once and a lifetime experience for their wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2013

The staff is amazing and the Crystal Ballroom is the most beautiful reception venue in Louisville.

Sent on 01/14/2013

James · Married on 09/04/2011

My wife and I held our ceremony and reception in the crystal ballroom. Jeri was amazing, she was available whenever we had questions and was always willing to help. The staff was great, as they made sure the night went off without a hitch. It is a little pricey but they will do all they can to help with menu options to find something that works for you. The manager of the hotel stopped in while we had our food tasting to make sure everything was excellent. I seriously can't say enough nice things about The Brown Hotel.

Sent on 01/21/2012

Colleen · Married on 07/25/2009

The Brown was perfect. With Jeri taking care of everything, I did not even need a wedding planner! I almost did not look at the Brown initially because I assumed it would be too expensive. Though not cheap, the prices were certainly competitive and, considering the exceptional level of quality, actually an amazing value for your money. Jeri was a pleasure to work with and responded to my many questions in detail and, perhaps most importantly, right away. Every detail was simply perfect, and Jeri worked with my vendors to allow me to do nothing but just enjoy the party. The food was delicious, truly a higher level of quality than any large event I have ever attended - and I have been to a lot of weddings and work events! I was also impressed with professionalism and kindness of the staff. When I went to peek at the ballroom before anything began, the waiters were receiving pre-reception instructions. When they saw me in the corner, they started smiling, clapping, and saying congratulations. The sincerity in their immediate smiles conveyed sincere pride in the work they do, and it showed all night long. Additionally, our many out-of-town guests appreciated the convenience of having just an elevator ride at the end of the night (very competitive wedding rate) and reported rave reviews of their experiences.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Jenny · Married on 05/16/2009

I can't say enough good things about the Brown Hotel and especially about Jeri Stewart, the on-site Wedding Coordinator! My wedding reception was held at the Brown and I had several out-of-town guests (including my husband and I) who stayed at the hotel. It is truly a gorgeous place with a magnificent ballroom and very comfortable guest rooms. The chef is amazing and I was so happy with the way they worked with me to provide our youngest guests with something they'd enjoy for dinner and that I was able to create some special items of my own (not taking straight from the menu) for our big day! I planned my wedding from out of town and could not have been happier with the responsiveness and attentiveness that was given to my emails and calls throughout the planning process. Plus, Jeri provides a great listing of recommended vendors which made it easier to plan from so far away. I love the ambiance and character of this historic hotel and would highly recommend it to all future brides! We have great photos and great memories from our wedding there!

Sent on 11/23/2010

laura · Married on 05/23/2009

the room was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious. jeri was amazing to work with.

Sent on 06/16/2009

The brown is a beautiful place for a wedding I loved everything about it

Sent on 12/30/2014

Casey · Married on 06/26/2010

3.0

We spent our wedding night here and it was wonderful! I truly felt like a princess thanks to the quality of service. The bellhops were fantastic, and absolutely treated us like royalty. Maybe we'll go back on our 10-year anniversary!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Susy · Married on 04/13/2008

The Brown Hotel provided a beautiful wedding weekend, they were flexible with our custom menu, and made sure our wedding evening was unforgetable.

Sent on 06/12/2008

Tri · Married on 01/01/2009

3.5

Food was great and plentiful. Selection was awesome

Sent on 03/11/2009