The BRIX on the Fox Reviews

The BRIX on the Fox 7
  • liz

liz · Married on 09/07/2019

Venue of my dreams!

This venue is beyond amazing and made my wedding dreams come true from the start! It has a great atmosphere with touches of rustic, touches of modern, touches of elegant and they all blend so well together to fit everyones styles! We booked with them just after the floors were poured and only the original walls were up; no bathroom no bar no bridal suite no kitchen were yet constructed. But Rob and Tone were so descriptive and confident in what the venue was going to be that i took full trust in them to give the venue the full potential it had to be an amazing venue and they did that and more! They are so great to work with and were there any time i had a crazy question or any of the thousands of times i asked to drive up there just to see the venue as it was getting finished or to show another person the amazing venue we were going to get married at. 100% highly recommend this amazing beyond beautiful unique venue to anyone looking for a place giving you freedom to make your wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/23/2019

Highly recommend!!

When we first went to see The Brix I fell in love with the building and all of the character. We needed minimal decorations because it spoke for itself and we did not want to over shadow the beauty of the building. As we began planning all the aspects of the wedding, I got to see how incredible Rob and Tone were in addition to their venue. They were so helpful every step of the way, always trying to make everything easier on us. They were more than willing to help accommodate our needs and requests and were so quick to respond to emails/calls. We never waited more than an hour (even at night) to hear back from them. The day of our wedding Rob and Tone were out of town so their son Robby took over and he was also so wonderful! I absolutely love this venue and would recommend it to anyone looking for unique spot for their wedding!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    The BRIX on the Fox 8
    The BRIX on the Fox 9
    The BRIX on the Fox 10

Sheila · Married on 08/16/2019

Spectacular!

Wow! I don't even know where to start.

From the moment we stepped into The Brix, we knew this was it. The venue is stunning. We didn't have to decorate much because it's beautiful on it's own. Rob and Tone were a dream to work with. The first time we met them, it was clear that they were going to make everything as easy as possible. They're incredibly kind and they really are there for you every single step of the way.

- The venue allows you to hire any vendors of your choice (which is a HUGE plus).
    - The bar is awesome and makes for an easy set up.
    - The kitchen is huge and has everything that any caterer would need.
    - The transition from ceremony to reception was SO fast and seamless.
    - Their tables are stunning. One of my biggest things when looking at venues was that I did not want linens and circle tables. The Brix provides beautiful, wooden handmade tables.
    - There are multiple hotels about 5 minutes away. Once of which provides a shuttle to and from the venue.
    All of our vendors loved The Brix as much as we did and all said they hope to work there again!

We looked at 20+ venues in the Chicagoland area. Nothing compares to The Brix. The uniqueness, the price, the flexibility, the freedom of vendor choices, the owners - I can't recommend it enough.

Thank you, Rob & Tone, for making our day perfect. I'd throw a party here any day!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    The BRIX on the Fox 11
    The BRIX on the Fox 12
    The BRIX on the Fox 13
    The BRIX on the Fox 14
    The BRIX on the Fox 15

Lacy · Married on 07/12/2019

Loved the brix

I can't say enough great things about The Brix! The owners, Rob and Tone, truly make you feel like family. We had heard about the venue in 2018 while it was still undergoing renovations. Even with the yellow construction tape on the floor, we could see their vision for the venue very clearly and we could not be any happier that we took the risk and booked it that day for July 12, 2019. During the entire planning process, Ron and Tone were helpful in answering any questions that we had and were very quick to respond to my emails. They not only have the client in mind, but also the wedding guests and vendors - from the lighting, sound system, parking, etc. They also have a great list of preferred vendors that will help make your day run seamlessly and were so laid back about any ideas that we had. The photo booth and arch for our ceremony was an extra perk! Since this is a newer venue, none of our guests had seen the space before and they all loved it!

Thank you both for everything, it truly was a day we'll always remember and you played a big part in that! :)

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/03/2019

Professional and Understanding

It was an absolute joy to work with Rob Tone. You can tell they give their all to helping couples have the best experience possible. When we needed to change the date of our wedding unexpectedly due to my father’s health, The BRIX on the Fox was willing to work with us. The venue is gorgeous and does not need much more in terms of decorating. With the flexibility to bring in your own vendors-this is great! In many ways you can save money (alcohol) but you do have other expenses that can get costly (renting tableware)-we opted on using nice disposable items, still looked and was amazing. The owners offered Brix Talks, which helps couples answer questions about the space and gives suggestions of vendors to use-DJ, bartending. Overall, the experience was amazing. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/07/2019
    The BRIX on the Fox 16
    The BRIX on the Fox 17
  • Matt

Matthew Girdner · Married on 05/27/2019

Gorgeous Venue

We really enjoyed our wedding at the Brix! We hired them site unseen, and when we showed up at the venue a few days before the wedding we absolutely loved it! Rob was amazing to work with and we would recommend The Brix to anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Robbie

Robbie Ocasio · Married on 11/10/2018

The absolute best!

As wedding photographers ourselves, finding a venue that fit our personalities and vision was really important to us. When we came across The Brix online, we knew we had found something really cool. When we saw the venue for the first time, it was still being finished and, even then, it was beautiful and we could tell by hearing their vision for the space that it was going to be incredible. Our family and guests raved about how beautiful everything was and that they had never been to a wedding space like it. Aside from the gorgeous venue space, Rob and Tone are two of the coolest people we have met in the wedding industry. They care so much about their couples and the other vendors there for the day. Tone is seriously the sweetest and was such a big help and calming presence the day of. Rob was always so quick to respond to absolutely any question we had throughout the entire process, and was always very thorough in his responses. We couldn't have imagined a better team to help make our day happen. Words can't explain our gratitude towards Rob and Tone. Would highly, highly recommend The Brix to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful venue with staff who cares about the couples, families, and guests.

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Adelyn

Adelyn · Married on 10/21/2018

Love the Brix!

From the moment I saw The Brix I knew I had to have my wedding there. The space is beautiful with it's natural lighting and industrial charm. My guests were quite complimentary of it's beauty and uniqueness. The building itself provides lots of nice photo backdrops, and the river and surrounding areas are great as well!
    Rob and Tone were SOOO helpful and accommodating, I felt like they were personally invested in making our wedding day perfect. They were always easy to communicate with and were extremely flexible with letting us stop by the venue for various reasons during the planning phase.
    Have your wedding at the Brix! You will be glad you did.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Chris · event on 05/02/2018

I am a full-time DJ who lives in Carpentersville. I read about Brix in a news article & had to see it for myself. Rob was kind enough to invite my family over to check it out. Even while under construction the venue is absolutely beautify. I got the full tour & really enjoyed the conversation and hospitality. I highly recommend you give Brix a call or just stop in and see for yourself!
    - DJ Chris Hodson

Sent on 07/23/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

I have had a small part in making this new wedding venue a dream come true! The owners of the venue are the kindest, smartest, and best all-around people I know. They will do whatever they can to make their clients happy. As for the venue, WOW! The venue space is incredible. Exposed brick, lots of big beautiful windows, and right on the river. This space is stunning and unique, and you have the freedom to make it exactly how you want it. I cannot recommend this venue enough. Take a look at this place before it books up!

Sent on 05/03/2018