The Bridal Boutique Reviews

The Bridal Boutique 4
The Bridal Boutique 5
The Bridal Boutique 6
The Bridal Boutique 7

Bridal Boutique left a huge positive impression. I had already bought a returnable dress elsewhere and was having a freakout. They got me a booking immediately to see only one dress that I wanted. Then when I was really really torn, the owner walked up to me and said. "I'll take $100 off and give you $100 towards accessories. Plus, if you want, bring the other dress in and try them both on." In the world of strict and snobby bridal boutiques I believe that is a one-of-a-kind offer. She was going to let me try on a competitor's dress in her store so I could choose. I didn't take her up on her offer because the price swayed me enough, but their openness left a good impression. I left 1/2 a point off on value because of course the accessories prices were high. I'm not sure that totally fair because EVERY boutique over prices their accessories, but it should be said.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2013

We got my bridal dress, MOB dress, three bridesmaid dresses and 2 junior bridesmaid dresses at the bridal boutique. With the exception of some confusion over when the bridal party dresses were ordered, working with the Bridal Boutique was great. I found my dress online and could not find it in any stores. The Bridal Boutique carried the line and the attendant was helpful in getting me in similar styles but they just weren't the dress and the store (and the owner) were great in ordering the dress -- understanding that I was spending a lot of money on a dress site-unseen. We did some alterations at the store and they were great (the measurements done were almost perfect so little had to be done to most of the dresses). Considering the horror stories of bridal dress shopping, our experience at the Bridal Boutique was fabulous and one less stress leading up to our special day.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Mignonette · Married on 03/24/2012

I purchased my wedding dress from The Bridal Boutique and they staff was very good in communicating with me. The called me when i dressed arrived and called to remind me whenever it was time to make another appointment for a fitting. Before I picked up my dress is was cleaned and steamed. They also took the time to show my mom, and my maids of honors how to tie my dress and bussel it. They can be very busy at times when yuo arrive for a fitting, but that is no fault of theirs. I would definately reccommend them

Sent on 06/26/2012

Jen · Married on 12/10/2011

Great store, nice people, and wonderful selection! :)

Sent on 12/02/2011

Shanel · Married on 05/07/2011

I found my dress during an appointment for bridesmaid dresses for one of my best friends. No, i did not hijack my friend's appointment. In fact, it was my friend who said she already decided on the BM dress for us and she and the other girls encouraged me to try on dresses. FYI, I am NOT a dress person. We fell in love with something on the spot. Jennifer was my consultant and she was great. She was honest and wise about what looked right on me. I'm curvy and busty, and i was nervous, so I appreciated her professionalism and expertise. And the dress was a great price. My dress was ordered and arrived on time. I believe I ended up getting the dress 2 sizes bigger, as that is common with dress sizing. I regret going that much bigger. Alterations went well, but I feel like I could have saved some money had the dress not had been that much bigger. The ladies were kind everything I visited for fittings. I was never kept waiting and the process was speedy each visit. I ended up using their cleaning and preservation service after the wedding. Unfortunately, the preservation was one expense that I was disappointed with. Maybe I didn't do enough homework to explore several options because i got excited that they offered a discount to brides who purchased their dresses from them, but in the end I felt like I got my dress back in a simple box and just gathered up in there. I guess I was expecting a more presentation type of box. It looked very wrinkled in the box and i felt like it didn't really exude a great display. Maybe save your money with this or use a different service. Other than the preservation, I would recommend other brides visit the bridal boutique to find a dress. I had a friend who did shortly after my positive experience.

Sent on 11/22/2011
  • Shaquita

Shaquita Gause · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Great Experience!!!

The store associate was very attentive and met my expectations of what bridal gown shopping should be. Every dress I tried on she pulled accessories for me to try on to enhance the look and overall was pleasant. I really enjoyed the experience at this dress shop.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Rebecca · Married on 05/04/2019

So impressed!

I had Whitney as my consultant the day I made my appointment to try on gowns. She listened to me and made the process stress free. I had gone to other shops and left frustrated feeling pushed into something I didn’t want. I said yes to the dress! We struggled to pick a size to order since I measured between 2 sizes. The seamstress KC took her time to check for seam allowance and made sure I ordered the correct size dress. My dress came in very quickly! Alterations were a breeze - Ferdoz wa sweet and amazing! She made my long train into a beautiful bustle! I can’t wait for my wedding day.

Sent on 03/16/2019

The Bridal Boutique's reply:

Thank you so much, Rebecca! It was a pleasure working with you and we're so glad you were able to find your dress with us! We hope to see you soon!

M. Williams · Married on 04/19/2019

Great First Gown Shopping Experience!

Not knowing quite what to expect for a bridal gown appointment- I was very delighted with my experience with The Bridal Boutique. I was welcomed and Nancy did an excellent job of walking me through the process and holding my hand along the way. The shop was well laid out and the variety of dresses available was good. This was my first appointment of several and though I found my dream dress elsewhere, I would still recommend making The Bridal Boutique one of your first stops if shopping for a gown. Thanks Nancy!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2018

Loved working with my consultant Amber. She had such a great instinct and helped me find my perfect dresss. I ended up loving the first dress she pulled for me. She knows her stuff and was able to help me when I only had a vague idea of what I wanted. The whole shop was overall great. The dress ended up exactly as I pictured and they were flexible with my schedule. The seamstress did give me some push back with how I wanted to bustle my dress but ended up doing an amazing job and it ended up perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

I had a great experience at The Bridal Boutique! I called to make an appointment during the sample sale this past weekend but they were fully booked! Sara (the Assistant Manager) was so kind and opened the store for me 2 hours early! It was such a special experience getting to try on dresses for the first time with my mom and sister and have the whole store to ourselves! Sara was so knowledge about the dresses and quick to help me get in and out of them (I had a lot I wanted to try on!) The last gown I tried on ended up being the one I said “Yes” to! The price was better than any other shops in the area and the service was top knotch. While I was celebrating and trying on veils, popping my champagne and taking pictures with the “I said yes to he dress!” sign - Casey let me know that Maggie Sottero had just discontinued my gown THREE days before! I didn’t panic though because they promised I was in good hands and they’d get it taken care of! I just got the call today that they were able to order it in my size and it will ship out on April 1st! I can’t wait! thanks Sara, Casey and everyone at The Bridal Boutique! #maggiebride #yestothedress #thebridalboutique

Sent on 11/30/2017
    The Bridal Boutique 8
    The Bridal Boutique 9
    The Bridal Boutique 10

Annielle · Married on 10/20/2017

The Bridal Boutique was amazing! I went in knowing exactly which dress I wanted (Mori Lee Blue 5108) which they had. The consultant was amazing and I had a great dress shopping experience. I got my dress that same day. I also had my dress altered. I read the reviews about all the horror stories about getting an alteration there so I was very apprehensive. Thankfully my experience was nothing like that. My alterations went perfectly! We also got the groom and groomsmen suits from there. I was worried because the suits were arriving 2 days before the wedding and once again I've read the reviews of the horror stories. The groom and the groomsmen got measured at the salon and the suits came 2 days before and thankfully they all fit. My experience here was wonderful.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Miriam · Married on 05/07/2017

This is the first place I went to shop for a wedding gown, and I ended up buying the first dress I tried on! However, what really made the experience, and the sale, was Shannon. I was nervous about getting so much attention from (and so personal with!) a stranger, and she made the experience entirely comfortable. She listened to me about what types of gowns I was interested in and really paid attention to our budget. She picked out the exact gown I'd found online that I wanted (the one I picked) and also a variety of others that fit in with what I wanted. She made sure that I had a chance to try on different types of gowns but never made me feel pressured and always paid attention to what I liked. Although we were late getting there and she had another appointment when we weren't quite finished, she didn't make me feel rushed. She also helped negotiate a deal that (mostly!) fit in with our planned budget. I'm looking forward to seeing her when I start alterations soon!

Sent on 12/25/2016

Natalie · Married on 10/22/2016

Susan was absoluetly fantastic as I went in with no idea of the style I wanted and she worked through about 20+ dresses to find the style that fit my vision best. Once narrowed down, she was patient while I tried on two dresses numerous times. She wrote down all the details of the two dresses and we stepped out for lunch. I was able to make a decision after eating and a different staff member allowed me to again try on the dress one last time to be 100% certain it was the one. Looking forward to getting the dress in my size and walking down the aisle in this beautiful dress!

Sent on 05/08/2016

The Bridal Boutique's reply:

Natalie, thank you so much for your kind words. We are SO happy that you found a dress that you love and are ready to walk down the isle in! We can't wait to see you again soon!

Chevonne · Married on 09/03/2016

They have a huge selection of beautiful wedding gowns to choose from and i think their pricing is affordable for everyone's budget. I would definitely recommend purchasing your wedding gown from this vendor.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/12/2015

I had such a wonderful experience buying my wedding dress at the bridal boutique, that I took my bridesmaids there to get their dresses even though it is far for us. They were flexible with times and even stayed open almost an hour after closing to help us finish up with bridesmaid dresses. I had been to several other bridal shops and was having a lot of trouble finding a dress, but Tanya (who was amazing) talked to me for a while and helped me to find the perfect dress. I didn't try anything on that wasn't in my price range (an issue that I had at other shops) and every dress was amazing quality. Wonderful experience overall.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Kate · Married on 08/01/2015

This was my second bridal shop to try on dresses, and I had very high hopes for finding "the dress". I was so pleased to say that I did find my dress here, and the service provided was excellent! Although I have read some negative, and quite scary reviews regarding alterations, my dress came out just as beautiful. I had a long lace dress in which I wanted the long-sleeves altered to become a cap-sleeve. The seamstress who worked on my dress were absolutely fantastic! My dress came out perfect, and I was extremely satisfied. I felt that I was given full attention from the bridal consultant as well as the seamstress, so I do recommend this shop for any bride to be!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Elissa · Married on 11/08/2014

The Bridal Boutique was the first shop I looked in for my wedding dress. I had a wonderful experience working with Susan. She has a kind, calm and supportive disposition. I didn't purchase my dress at that time and continued my search in various shops. Ultimately, I returned to Susan, who gave me ample time to spend deciding between two dresses. After making my decision, I left feeling calm, accomplished and elated!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2014

I loved that I found my dress here. Natasha really helped me pick out a dress that I fell in love with! They are very flexible in scheduling alterations and appointments just to come in and try on the dress!

The only minor issue we had was with the alterations. The major alterations regarding the shape and fit of the dress were amazing (my dress fit like a glove!) but we had minor problems with some little details. Just make sure to look over everything before you take it home.

Otherwise they are fantastic!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Katie · Married on 10/26/2013

I purchased my Maggie Sottero gown here and had Chelsea as my consultant during my appointment. She was great and made me feel comfortable purchasing. While I did find my dress a bit cheaper elsewhere, they were able to work with me in other areas and I received a credit for my bridal accessories. I thought it was very kind of them to do that. We had some minor issues with my alterations but they were able to correct while I was in the shop and I was still able to leave with my dress after the final appointment. The dresses are in a good price point.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Wonderful place to find your dream dress! Ask for Chelsea, she's the best!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/11/2013

The experience I had at The Bridal Boutique far exceeded the other bridal salons I visited when looking for my perfect dress. Chelsea was my bridal consultant and she was fabulous! I am an average size woman and when other bridal salons made me feel too big for dresses Chelsea did not!!! I found a dress at TBB that I thought I liked then visited a few other stores and returned to TBB to try on that dress again and a few others. Well Chelsea ended up picking a new dress to try which became "the dress" and as soon as I put it on my mom, sister and myself all fell in love. It was a great experience. I had some difficulty during the alterations process with things not be completed but spoke to the manager and she had everything straightened out and the final product was was fabulous! I would highly recommend this bridal salon!

Sent on 05/19/2013

christina · Married on 12/08/2012

An overwhelming (but great) selection of dresses. The one I chose was nothing like I envisioned but it was beautiful and I loved it more and more every time I came in for a fitting.

Mona did a nice job altering my dress, though I had to come in for two separate fittings as I don't think the entire dress was finished during the first round, which was a bit inconvenient since I had a 45 minute trip to the salon. And, the initial trim of the dress (at least for mine-- it was tulle) was done with scissors, and kind of sloppily, so make sure you have that cleaned up during alterations. On a happy note, the bustle was done very nicely and complemented my dress perfectly.

Overall, I had an enjoyable experience with purchasing my dress at the Bridal Boutique in Columbia.

Sent on 12/28/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2012

Kaycie and all of the ladies at the bridal boutique were wonderful to work with. The Bridal Boutique was the first bridal shop I went to and after shopping 16 other bridal shops (including kleinfelds) I ended up back at the bridal boutique. When I walked in my sales consultant saw me, remembered me from weeks prior, and came up with a dress in her hands. After trying on 70+ gowns, I knew that was the dress before I even put it on. I purchased my reception dress that same day.

All of my bridesmaids got their dresses from the Bridal Boutique as did my mother. All of the dresses we perfect and the alterations were properly done. One of my girls had someone else do the alterations and the lady botched the dress. The ladies at the bridal boutique even searched for another dress for us (1 week from the wedding).

I would highly recommend the bridal boutique to anyone in the baltimore area. Their prices were great too!

Word to the wise: It's your wedding dress. Don't be rushed and try to go on a Saturday. Take a day off work and go during the week when you can really take the time to enjoy wedding dress shopping.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Christine · Married on 09/08/2012

I got my dress (and alterations) done at The Bridal Boutique of Columbia. They were the best! I bought an Alfred Sung dress during a sample sale and got the dress for more than half off. The alterations department was great when it came to the fittings- they were able to delay taking in the bodice until I wanted to have it altered.

The store has a ton of Maggie Sottero and Mori Lee dresses, as well as other top designers. The boutique also has bridesmaids dresses (we went with David's Bridal) and tuxes/suits for guys.

My husband went with them for his suit and the suits for his guys. The only reason this is not a 5/5 review is that my husband and his guys put down deposits about 6-8 months before our wedding. The guys rented their suits and my husband put down a deposit to buy his. Unfortunately, the boutique didn't order his suit when he paid the deposit and Calvin Klein discontinued the suit. Cue major freakout from us. Thankfully the boutique took responsibility and upgraded his suit to another very very very similar Calvin Klein suit that was more expensive. They also forgot to include our pocket squares, so my dad had to run out in the rain and buy pocket squares for $$$ the afternoon of our wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Shawn · Married on 06/01/2011

I found out about this boutique while reading reviews for an Alfred Angelo boutique. The AA shop in my area got really poor reviews and one of the ladies suggested this place instead. I sent them an email before store hours and they responded within hours of the store opening. I am so happy I went to them!! i got a appointment right away and they actually had most if not ALL the dresses I wanted to see in-house! (I used The Wedding Knot iPhone app to view hundreds of dresses before I called) I worked w/Julie and she was great! Patient, professional, and offered suggestions on what to try on and honest answers opinions about the dresses.

When i went to pick up my dress there were several beads that needed to be pulled tighter; Julie worked with my BM to find each one and the seamstress fixed them and i picked up the dress the next day.

I gave a lower mark on quality for two reasons - I wish there dressing rooms were a little bigger and because they had to keep my dress for a month for alterations. Keep in mind i got married during the busy 'season' (prom, graduation, wedding) and I think this place does a booming business. Anyways - i would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 06/15/2011