The Bridal Boutique Reviews

The Bridal Boutique 6
The Bridal Boutique 7
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 03/27/2015

I had such a wonderful experience at the Bridal Boutique! I bought my dress 2 years before my wedding, and the Bridal Boutique thought nothing of it! My dress came in quickly and I took it back to DC with me until it was time for the fittings. Fast forward to December 2014 and the Bridal Boutique was nothing but wonderful. I was scheduled quickly and their seamstress did a phenomenal job on the alterations. My dress fit like a glove and was absolutely stunning! Thanks!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Hannah was a wonderful bridal consultant. She pulled wonderful dresses, was very respectful of my low budget (they have lots of dresses under 1200), and never pressured me. She was great at suggesting belts or different options to make the dress more flattering to me. My entourage and I had a great time shopping. I ended up finding my dream dress elsewhere, but I will tell all of my friends to make the drive from D.C. to this boutique.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

I worked with a consultant named Juli who was wonderful. She helped me find the perfect dress while respecting my budget. I truly felt catered to and had that great bridal experience that every bride to be hopes to have while trying on wedding dresses.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

I highly recommend Brides in the DMV area to make a visit to the Bridal Boutique! I found my dream dress in an hour and a half there. I worked with Tasha, who was AMAZING!

I brought in some pictures of dresses I tried on, things I thought I liked, and told her my price range. She did a fantastic job of listening to me and my ideas, and was able to keep my family in line and get them to stop pulling dresses! She really understood the look was I going for and was able to help me make sure that there was nothing else out there. She was so patient and understanding, as it was a busy Saturday. She warned me when a dress I tried on was above my budget, which I really appreciated.

This was the third salon I went to, and it was the best service. The other salons said I needed to order right away because of how long dresses take to come in. Not here--no pressure, super fun, and they had a fantastic selection of dresses and designers. If you want an Allure gown, go here!

Tasha did a great job of getting my correct measurements so I wouldn't have to worry about alterations too much, and she explained the whole purchasing process making it easy. My order was placed the following Tuesday and I should receive it in early April, leaving plenty of time for alterations!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Kate · Married on 06/14/2014

I was looking for a particular dress I found online and had contacted shops in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. When I emailed Bridal Boutique they responded the next day that they had just gotten the dress in! At my appointment I was overwhelmed at first, but my consultant was so helpful picking out dresses that would fit my body type along with the dress I loved online. My dress came in weeks before I thought it would and everyone I worked with for my fittings were so nice.

Sent on 07/28/2014

I would reccomend this place to anyone, from Hannah who helped me at the beginning to Tasha who was incredibly sweet and helpful during my dress fitting to Ferdus who did an amazing job w my alterations. Tasha and Ferdus met me during my second dress fitting and the next time they remembered my name and made me feel super special. I never felt rushed and had an amazing experience! Most staff are helpful and always greet with a smile! Thank you Bridal Boutique staff and special thanks to Hannah, Tasha and Ferdus.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Laura · Married on 05/03/2014

Excellent Customer Service posted 6/11/2014

I searched high and low for the right gown. Although I did not find my gown at the Bridal Boutique, I decided to order it from them because their prices were more reasonable and they were in a convenient location. I had also originally looked at gowns at the Bridal Boutique and I found their customer service to be very personal and individualized. Amanda was great to work with and so were the other women at the store. They are all very sweet and understanding during such an emotional time. I also ended up doing alterations there, ordered my bridesmaids dresses through them, and will preserve my gown through them even though I no longer live in that area. They were fabulous!

Sent on 06/13/2014
  • Kate MacDonald

Kate · Married on 04/26/2014

I had such a great experience at the Bridal Boutique! This was the 4th store I had been to and by far the best experience! I went to try on a specific dress and ended up leaving with something Julie picked out for me. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, it was definitely the best customer service I've experienced to date.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Kori · Married on 03/08/2014

I found my '"perfect" dress from The Bridal Boutique!! Thanks for making my wedding day so special!!

Sent on 06/05/2016

I shopped for a dress and took a night to think about it. I was in contact with Tara and she came in on her day off to accommodate with my schedule. She was fabulous!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/15/2013

Shopping for a wedding dress with a limited timeframe was not only challenging it was stressful. With many bridal boutiques in the surrounding areas I found myself overwhelmed with trying to conserve time and find the perfect dress. I originally chose the bridal boutique because they had their entire inventory online, this made it easier to be sure they had the dresses I had in mind before I spent time shopping. I met with Jeannie and gave her a list of 10 dresses I wanted to try. She made sure that I tried both dresses I chose but also dresses completely different to be sure I tried every option. She also was sure to stay within my price range. I fell in love with the very first dress I tried on!! My dress arrived timely, and fit perfectly. I did not need any alterations except for bustling. My experience was perfect.

We also chose to purchase our bridesmaids dresses from the same boutique, having a large bridal party was challenging, but the staff was sure to find me two dresses perfect for all of the girls. Thank you so much for finding us such amazing dresses.

Sent on 11/26/2013

I am a middle-aged woman who wanted to look appropriately bridal for my age. Hannah was so helpful (as was Linda and Chelsea and then others) I had originally chose a strapless, sweetheart sample gown. After a couple of months, I still didn't like the way my upper body looked in the strapless gown, even after weight-loss. The Bridal Boutique allowed me to re-select and I chose a mermaid, v-neckline, sparkly dress with an illusion back, Everyone at my wedding raved about how great I looked in the gown! I felt absolutely gorgeous and sexy. Special thanks to Hannah, who was so patient and encouraging from the very start to the very end. The seamtress did the fittings to perfection! It was a great experience and I would recommend any bride of all ages to go to The Bridal Boutique for her wedding gown. The prices were reasonable, too!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Alli · Married on 10/20/2013

I found my dress after trying on 7 dresses! The staff and boutique was wonderful.

Sent on 12/21/2013

Susan · Married on 10/05/2013

After getting really frustrated at other bridal stores looking for a quality dress that I loved, I came to The Bridal Boutique, had an amazing experience, and found my dress. They have a gorgeous selection and have something to fit everyone's budget. The staff is very attentive and helpful. When I came back for my first fitting, my dress was not what I remembered and much, MUCH poofier. I was about to have a mental breakdown but the stylist/seamstress quickly prevented it by cutting out all the tulle from under the skirt and assuring me that it would fall flatter once it was steamed and hanging for a while. I had a few fittings and the seamstresses worked quickly and efficiently. My dress was STUNNING and I could not have been happier with the service I received at the Bridal Boutique.

Sent on 05/30/2014
  • User2053751 · 2+ years ago

This is a great little shop with a great selection for anyone on a budget. The people that work there are very friendly and helpful. All my appointments have started on time and they will work with you until you figure out what you are looking for. I never felt rushed and I ended up finding the perfect dress for me. If anyone plans on checking this store out, make sure to make an appointment.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Katie · Married on 09/07/2013

I had read other reviews about this dress boutique and was determined not to go here. But, after going to 3 other stores and having terrible experiences at 2 and not finding anything at the other one, I finally decided to forego the reviews and see what this store had for me. And, I have to say I am sooo glad I did!! This was the best dress-buying experience I could have asked for. The consultant was able to pull a dress for me that I fell in love with and I was so happy to have finally found the one. Plus, the whole experience itself was great. They were nice and respectful and listened to what I want instead of trying to cram me into dresses they thought would look good on me. They also offered a range of prices for me, so they could fit a variety of budgets. (Though none under 8/900)

I also used this store for my bridesmaid dresses. They were able to rush my dresses after ordering (for a $50 fee) as I had to move my wedding up 5 weeks. And they were so nice about everything, and letting me try on my dress as often as I wanted to.

A couple tips for all brides: 1. make sure you ask for a white bag if your fiance might see your dress when you store it at your house. (They come with clear ones and the store will hold the dress there once alterations have started.) 2. Make sure you try walking on a variety of surfaces so you can see where the hem will really fit. 3. Walk with your veil, as mine kept catching on my dress, but I didn't realize it would because I hadn't walked in it.

I would definitely recommend this vendor to friends!

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/17/2013

I strongly recommend you make a stop here if you live anywhere in the area and are looking for a wedding dress. If you can, try to get an appointment with Jeannie - she was my first and LAST stop (with a couple other in between).

Their price range is $1,000 - 2,000 and that fit my budget perfectly so I felt I had a lot of options. At other boutiques, I was on the low-end of their spectrum so I had limited choices, but not a The Bridal Boutique!

When I first drove up, I thought the store might be a little small with a limited selection, but they had a great selection with plenty of big-name designers. I primarily went there because they sell Allure and they had a wide variety of their styles.

Jeannie started the appointment by asking me to describe my wedding. I started with "it's in a barn, it's vintage, rustic, and we're doing a lot of pieces ourselves" but she pushed me to come up with some other words to describe it. This put me on the spot, but in the end, I think it really helped her pull the best dresses possible.

Hands down, Jeannie pulled the BEST SELECTION of dresses I tried on across 6 appointments and I felt she really understood what I wanted (but since it was my first appointment, she made sure to show me a handful of things outside my vision, just to reassure me).

Jeannie was also extremely patient, asked good questions, but wasn't pushy. I believe she spent at least 2 hours during our first appointment and seemed more than happy to do so.

The Bridal Boutique also gets points for one of the best set-ups. The fitting rooms are pretty bare bones, but you don't want to stay back there long, because once you come out, your friends & family have a whole dedicated area to themselves with several small couches (and you can't see other girls having appointments), and a 3-sided mirror so you can really see your dress. Plus, they have a clever "reception lighting" that helps you see your dress in low lights - it makes a big difference!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2013

I loved this place! Marcie was INCREDIBLE!
    She made sure that I had the whole bridal experience! I actually found the dress I was looking for at another salon but I loved Marcie and how comfortable and at ease I felt with her that I went back so that I could work with her! Everyone there was so nice and professional and was eager to help! If you go there, ask for Marcie! She is amazing! She makes you genuinely feel special!

Sent on 12/04/2012
  • Sharonda

Sharonda · Married on 08/10/2013

I went to the Bridal Boutique based off of the great reviews. I had visited a bridal boutique the day before and fell in love with a Maggie S. dress and a DaVina )Dress A and B). However, when I came to the Bridal Boutique, I only inquired about the Maggie S (I had completely forgot about the DaVina). When I walked in, I was greated by Marcie. She gave me the information about ordering the Maggie and delivery date (July 28...ouch!!!) Long story short, she offered to fit me in a couple of dresses similar to the Maggie, however she didnt want to sway my opinion. Coincidentally, she brought out the DaVina and I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with it!!!!! Marcie made me feel sooooo beautiful! She adjusted the dress to fit my curves and showed jewelry options to compliment the dress. For anyone who is searching for a Bridal dress, look no further! Thanks MARCIE!!!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Lillie · Married on 06/30/2013

The Bridal Boutique was a great place to get a dress. The staff is sometimes a little overwhelmed, but when you have their attention they are wonderful. They were incredibly responsive to my questions and requests throughout the dress altering process and very generous helping me decide what changes to make. I ended up going to 5 different stores in the DC/MD/VA area to try on dresses. While it isn't the fanciest shop the Bridal Boutique had the best selection at the best price for sure! They were also easy to work with for my bridesmaids.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Heather · Married on 06/22/2013

My appointment was originally scheduled for 2 PM but I called a few days before and asked if they had a 2:30 and they did! When I walked in it was a little crowded, seems like I was coming as many people were going. They had so many dresses by so many popular designers but also affordable designers. I do not know if it was just when I went or always but they had so many sample gowns at great prices! Go see HANNAH! She was amazing! She let my sister stay with me and help out the whole time and did not get annoyed when my sister basically started doing her job. HANNAH was amazing and she helped me find my perfect Maggie Sottero gown! Even though I did not buy it yet, if I do not find another dress I love I will definitely be returning and working ONLY with HANNAH!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Becky · Married on 06/15/2013

Jeannie must be a wizard or something because she was able to send me home with a dress within 2 hours. According to Jeannie, I'm super analytical - i'll like the bustle of one dress, but like the skirt of another and want to cut/paste them together into my hypothetical perfect dress. Since that's not possible, Jeannie helped me find my perfect, happy medium. She is super patient, honest, and crazy knowledgeable. It's kind of like having a second mom there who actually knows what she's talking about.

Sent on 07/09/2013

J · Married on 05/25/2013

I also had Jeannie as my consultant and she was AWESOME! I went to Bridal Boutique for my first dress shopping experience and had a blast thanks to her. She was very friendly and not pushy and really seemed like she was having a fun time with everyone that I brought with me. The store also carried a lot of gorgeous dresses and I had a really hard time deciding which one I liked better (believe it or not!). I had another dress appointment at another store later that same day and they did not offer the customer service that Bridal Boutique did nor did my consultant at the other store make the experience any fun. If you need a fun place to shop with lots of amazing dresses, I highly recommend Bridal Boutique!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 03/15/2013

I had a really positive experience with the Bridal Boutique! This was my first and only stop when shopping for a wedding dress- Jeanie was so helpful and nice, and I found a dress I really love! I also bought my veil and bridesmaids' dresses here, and my experience was only positive! I was a little nervous for the alterations, but everything went really smoothly, and the seamstress listened to what I wanted, and did a great job!

Sent on 03/28/2013
  • MrsKAllTheWay

Melanie · Married on 10/20/2012

The staff at The Bridal Boutique were really wonderful. My appointment went smoothly and was much better than it had been at a larger chain store. My consultant listened to what I was looking for and we found the perfect dress and I ordered it. When it came in, it didn't need any alterations, so I can't comment on that aspect. However, I brough in my dress to be pressed and it was ready when it was promised and it looked perfect on my big day.

Sent on 11/14/2012