The Briarcliff Manor Reviews

62 | Briarcliff Manor, NY

62 Reviews for The Briarcliff Manor

Alexandra · Married on 06/09/2018

From the minute I walked into The Briarcliff Manor, I knew it was the perfect venue for our wedding! My (now) husband and I had visited many venues but nothing could compare to the charming, sophisticated, beautiful manor! We could not be happier that we picked this venue for our special day, it is truly a gem! From start to finish, the staff was such a pleasure to work with…they are so accommodating and will work with you to create the perfect wedding package for you and your budget. Our families had some pretty crazy requests for our wedding, but the team at The Briarcliff Manor made them all happen! Our wedding was EXACTLY how I dreamed it would be – from the ceremony site overlooking the Hudson, to the beautiful décor and flowers done by Vincenza, the delicious food, everything was PERFECT!!! Our guests are still raving about the food, the attentiveness of the staff, and the picturesque location. Perry, Vincenza, Nick, Fern, and Emily made sure the whole night ran so smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. We highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a unique and top-notch wedding!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Nirali · Married on 08/04/2019

The Briarcliff Manor

We recently got married on August 4th at Briarcliff Manor. We couldn’t have been more happy to have had our wedding at Briarcliff Manor. The Briarcliff Manor was the first location we had seen in the initial planning phase, we just fell in LOVE...Perry gave us a great tour of the Manor and really detailed everything we needed to know. Perry was kind enough to work with us incorporating additional food items that would make our families comfortable. We just knew that this was the place we wanted to get married. Emily and the entire team had been very helpful throughout the process of planning and prep. It truly eliminate unnecessary stress. Everything on the actual day was perfect and the entire team was present to help us. It was truly magically! I had prepped myself to think I was not going to get a chance to enjoy the food or drinks and was I wrong...Perry made sure that me and my husband enjoyed the food. Jerry was amazing in ensuring we had a filled glass throughout the night. We truly appreciated the little touches from the team. All of our guests enjoyed it all. THANK YOU Perry, Emily and the entire team for helping us create a lifetime of wonderful memories.

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Anna

Anna Fontana · Married on 07/13/2019

A perfect, magical day

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Briarcliff Manor in July 2019. From the start, we felt at home at the Manor, between the warm atmosphere and the down to earth owners. The Manor had many selling points for us - an intimate setting with a vintage vibe, only one wedding at a time, not the same venue as all our family and friends used, and mainly, the ability to personalize and customize many aspects of our wedding. Perry sold us from the start on the idea of being able to tweak the menu to include items we wanted that represented us. Leading up to the wedding, we worked mainly with Emily, who took all our suggestions and comments in stride and made it all happen! (We were pretty particular about all our details.) At times we had a little back and forth about the details, but ultimately, Perry and Emily worked to satisfy our desires and make our vision come true. We are so glad that we chose The Briarcliff Manor to host our family and friends for such an important day in our lives. The service, the food, the view and the ambiance are all A+++! Such a special place that we will never forget.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Alyse · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Experience from Beginning to End

I would recommend the Briarcliff Manor to any couple looking for a historic venue with a staff that treats you like family. We had such an amazing experience from the planning to the night of the wedding. It was more than I imagined. We were planning our wedding from out of state and the staff was extremely flexible and worked with the few days we were in the area.

We had a New Year's Eve wedding and wanted to play into the holiday season. Vincenza decorates the Briarcliff Manor with garland, trees, wreaths, and oversized ornaments. She suggested balloons for the lobby and I was so happy she talked me into it because it surprised everyone and was such a nice touch.

The Bride and Groom's rooms were amazing. Due to the weather, our wedding party arrived earlier than planned for the reception, they were ready for us with food and champagne. There was a last minute change/addition to our seating, I told Emily and she took care of it quickly and set my mind at ease. They brought us a sampling of the cocktail hour food so we could take pictures without going hungry. Which brings me to the food, it was absolutely delicious and service was great.

During the reception, Robert was attentive and between him and the waitstaff somehow was always available when we wanted another glass of champagne, water or whatever we wanted. At midnight, they handed out hats, props, and noisemakers for us to ring in the new year.

I could go on and on about the amazing experience we had with our wedding at the Briarcliff Manor. They took our vision and made it a reality. We are so thankful to Perry, Vincenza, Emily, Robert and the rest of the team for taking care of us.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Ava · Married on 04/29/2017

The Briarfcliff Manor was amazing! I had my wedding there at the end of April. The pavers they just put in for the asile outside looked amazing in my pictures! Vinchenza did my flowers for an extremely reasonable price and they were PERFECT. Perry was involved in every step of the way and Valerie was the best wedding coordinator. The food was delicious and so much of it. Everyone i invited told me how much they loved our day wedding. Would 100% book them for another event. Thank you for making my wedding day the best day of my life.

Sent on 05/20/2017

The Briarcliff Manor's reply:

Thank you Ava! You were a pleasure to have here. We'll never forget the wonderful energy of your day full of dancing. Hope to see you soon. Please come back and visit.

Amy · Married on 11/23/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Briarcliff Manor is a beautiful, classy and timeless venue with a cozy feel and delicious food. The staff at The Briarcliff Manor were extremely professional and helpful in making our day so special! Our guests loved the food and ambiance! We used the venues creative director, Vincenza, for all our decor and flowers. She did an amazing job and we didn’t have to worry about anything! The staff also provided me with pictures of our ceremony that were truly better than our photographer took! Can’t say enough about how happy we were to have our wedding here and work with a great team of people that really care for their customer!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Eliza

Eliza Stanley · Married on 10/31/2018

Beautiful and Timeless!

My husband and I were married here in October of 2018. This venue stood out from many other locations we looked at! It was a beautiful yet charming setting, perfect for our reception of 150 people. The building has a timeless feel that can be easily decorated to fit your personal style. We also received many compliments from guests saying the food was awesome! Would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 10/31/2018

S · Married on 06/25/2017

It's a great venue with views that are breathtaking. The team works closely with you to help achieve the event (graduation party in our case) you hope to have. I definitely recommend The Briarcliff Manor and will be hosting more events there in the future!

Sent on 07/30/2017

The Briarcliff Manor's reply:

Thank you for the kind words!

Jason · Married on 03/03/2018

3.5

Once my partner and I saw the Briarcliff Manor in person we knew it would be the perfect venue to host our wedding. First, the positives: The facade and ballroom are stunning with original period details that you don't find in generic halls. As our decorator, Vincenza thought of every design detail (we procured floral arrangements externally) and worked to make both the fireplaces and tables look stunning. I didn't expect outstanding food because wedding food generally isn't something you write home about - but at both my tasting and on the day-of I was blown away by the freshness and quality of the menu selections. Many of our guests commented that it was some of the best food they'd had at a wedding and not of the mediocre catering variety we are all used to. This, coupled with reasonable off-peak (March) pricing, was the reason we felt the value was on point.

Two constructive points. First, responsiveness: at key times, we were left waiting on answers or confirmation of our choices. Emails were often left unanswered for days, and it took over a week to get our agreed-upon final menu selections in writing to take to the printer. Second: while ALL the staff are pleasant and accommodating, it wasn't always clear who was in which role. We worked with no less than six people - some for the duration and up through the night of, and some just for a short while. This can get confusing for the client, especially when they have other vendor relationships to maintain. We had a few issues with communication among the staff which could have been resolved if there had been only one pre-event point of contact.

Overall, I'd recommend The Briarcliff Manor to anyone looking to host a classy affair where the finer details are not overlooked.

Sent on 03/09/2018

The Briarcliff Manor's reply:

Thank you for this honest review. We are so glad that you enjoyed the beauty of our property, the decor, the food & menu options, attention to detail and the overall value that you experienced with us here at The Briarcliff Manor. We are honored to have been a part of your special day!

We do appreciate your feedback, and as we become more busy, we need more people to manage the events and bookings. We do acknowledge that there is room for improvement in our communication and we do not take your feedback lightly. We are working to provide more clarity to our clients on the roles of our team members, better communication, and faster email return times.

Once again, thank you choosing us for your wedding and we hope to see you again soon. Congratulations!

Joanne · Married on 04/27/2019

4.2

A Beautiful Venue

I was recently married in April of this year. The main server was attentive to our needs. He made sure my husband and I were served and everything about our reception flowed as planned. The decor by Vincenza was absolutely breathtaking. She truly is committed to her work and is very talented. The food was great, our guests thoroughly enjoyed. Overall, we had a satisfying experience.

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 11/09/2019

3.6
      3.0

Beautiful day, some miscommunication leading up to it

We stumbled upon The Briarcliff Manor after weeks of hunting around venues, trying dozens of different dates, and really struggling with finding a place that could fit our party size for our budget. Thank God we found Briarcliff. Perry really made us feel comfortable and at home, like we were in good hands. The venue is stunningly beautiful (really, I cannot stress this enough), the food was spectacular, and the service on our wedding day was excellent. However, we can’t ignore that there were definitely some struggles with the venue leading up to our big day. It seemed like more than once lines of communication were crossed, like we were answering key questions more than once, and that the venue was telling us about new restrictions and last-minute changes just days before the wedding that we should have been told about months in advance… It felt like things could be going more smoothly than they were. For a place that could be one of the grandest wedding venues in Westchester, it felt like their project management and customer service could have been a little better. We were thrilled that our event came together and looked beautiful, but we could have used fewer last-minute venue problems. Back to positives, The Briarcliff Manor thankfully was very amenable to us wanting to bring in our own decor, flowers, and cake. The menu was quite extensive and had plenty of wiggle room for dietary restrictions and specific requests. All in all, our guests left extremely happy with the way the wedding went and we’re grateful for all the work the folks at Briarcliff put in to make our day spectacular.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Cheryl · Married on 05/24/2015

1.4
      2.0
      0.5
      2.0
      1.5
      1.5

As my 2nd wedding anniversary approaches, and many of these "Will you review me" emails keep coming my way, I feel I am now ready to review The Briarcliff Manor. I have more to say than can fit in this comment box, but it is important for you to get a taste of our feedback, in hopes you can better the establishment and your wedding business for the future.

See email for the rest....

Sent on 05/19/2017

The Briarcliff Manor's reply:

We're shocked and sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your event. Your event was booked under previous ownership, and we felt we went above and beyond to work with you. Although payment was made to the previous owner, we did not want to leave you without a venue for your wedding day a few weeks before the date of the event. We still hope that one day you will be open to a conversation with us, as we'd love to discuss further with you. Wishing you all the best.