The Breakers on the Ocean Reviews

The Breakers on the Ocean 4
The Breakers on the Ocean 5

Jillian · Married on 07/14/2019

Best Day Ever

My husband and I married at The Breakers on July 14th! It was the most beautiful, beachy, laid back vibe we were looking for! Shannon was amazing, professional and always had time to answer my numerous questions! Michelle handled our day perfectly! We are 100% ecstatic with how our day turned out!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2019

Beautiful Venue

I am so happy I chose Breakers to Marry the love of my life! The venue is absolutely beautiful, right next to the beach. The day was PERFECT! Eileen and then Katherine were amazing. Michelle our Maitre D’ was amazing too , they all made me feel very much LESS stressed! Everything went perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing.

The Breakers on the Ocean 6
    Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Raluca

Raluca · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding reception

This place is just gorgeous. I had a small wedding so we were able to use the Seashell room so the viewing the ocean was just breathtaking. My wedding coordinator was very professional and easy to work with and food was delicious. I would definitely recommend it and go back there for future life events/ parties

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

We were married a year ago at The Breakers and the team helped make our wedding simply flawless and amazing. Shannon, Michelle, Molly and the entire Breakers staff were attentive, courteous and dedicated to making our complete wedding weekend perfect for us and our guests. We just visited again for our one year wedding anniversary and were welcomed back with the same level of service and professionalism. We would highly recommend this venue. We love The Breakers, it is indeed our magical place. 8/18/18 Ray & Carol Sorg

The Breakers on the Ocean 12
    The Breakers on the Ocean 13
    The Breakers on the Ocean 14
    Sent on 08/20/2019

Kristen · Married on 06/29/2018

The Breakers helped give us the most perfect wedding day. We worked with Eileen who was determined to make our day special from the very first meeting. Eileen is professional and always responsive to calls and email. She always answered any questions and alleviated any concerns. We did DIY centerpieces and we were able to drop them off early and the Breakers put them together and set up everything perfectly which was such a great relief! Our maitre’d Dona was amazing! She checked in with us to make sure we liked the table settings and kept everything for the reception on time. The staff also made sure my husband and I had everything we wanted to eat set aside which was so appreciated! Overall, the Breakers is an amazing wedding venue. Not only do you get beautiful views and pictures but you get top notch service and professionalism! You should definitely choose them for your big day!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Jillian · Married on 06/22/2018

I absolutely loved The Breakers!! I have been receiving nothing but compliments about our wedding day, from the staff to the view to the food it was all wonderful!! The staff is very approachable and will make your wedding day perfect!! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kelly · Married on 05/05/2018

So far I've been blown away with how great they are to work with! Shannon in sales is beyond sweet and very kind.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Victoria · Married on 11/05/2016

Where to even begin the staff at the breakers made my wedding absolutely perfect everything I could want and more. Shannon was always happy and so accommodating. She did it all! And the day of the wedding Michele was awesome she made sure I drank water (which definitely needed too) and made the whole night flow so great! Our bartenders were great and the servers were also perfect!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Molly · Married on 10/28/2016

Our wedding was amazing. Our guests are still buzzing about the food and service they experienced. Shannon, our Sales Manager, provided us guidance throughout the planning process. We could not have done it without her! So many staff members worked together to make sure everything ran smoothly. We are so grateful for our unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 09/30/2016

Eileen was great in showing us around the venue. Love their vintage look. There are a lot of venues that claim they are "vintage" but they are really just outdated. The Breakers is a beautiful venue that is in a gorgeous neighborhood right across the street. I am very excited about having my wedding there. I can't wait!
    **Update**
    The wedding was great!!! The weather was terrible! We could not hold anything outside. The ceremony was in the ballroom, cocktail hour was downstairs that had windows facing the ocean, and the reception was back upstairs in the ballroom. They did a great job switching the rooms over. I was able to drop off all my decorations a few days before.
    The only issue/complaints I heard was the valet. The valet personnel was not that courteous, did not answer any questions the guests had about where to go, at times there was no valet because they were parking other cars. So there was no one there greeting the guests as they drove up. One of the valet drivers left a car door open in the terrible rain we were having. The guest contacted the hotel the next day and that issue is getting resolved.
    But otherwise the food was amazing, our maitre d Michelle was amazing!! Eileen was so helpful!! Everyone had a good time; the bar was fully stocked with a good selection. It wasn't the bottom shelf stuff either; we did not have the option to choose the grade of alcohol we could get so I was curious to see what they provided. Everything was high quality. They have been doing some updates to the ballroom which I was happy to see.
    Overall; the wedding was amazing, if my guests didn't have a good time it was their own fault.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/23/2016

We had our wedding at the Breakers and it was perfect and I am not one to ever say something is perfect. Eileen and Donna did an amazing job with staying on top of everything for my wedding and making sure everything ran smoothly. I highly recommend using the breakers for your wedding. The Crystal Ballroom is beautiful and nothing beats the cocktail hour on the beautiful wrap around porch over looking the ocean.

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2016

I had my wedding at The Breakers on September 16, 2016 and it was amazing!!! From the moment we booked Terri and everyone at The Breakers was extremely responsive and wonderful with answering all our questions. The weather was absolutely wonderful, we had our cocktail hour out on the beautiful porch. The food was delicious, my groom actually had two meals himself! Everything was perfect, thank you to everyone who helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Crystal · Married on 08/19/2016

The Breakers made our dream beach wedding come true!!! The wedding and cocktail hour on the front porch was beautiful overlooking the ocean. The staff was so friendly and everyone was so accommodating. An amazing beach venue for an even more amazing price.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Kerry · Married on 08/12/2016

It has always been a dream of mine to get married at the Breakers. Since I was young I would go to the beach across from the Breakers and watch all of the brides, they always seemed to have the best time. The day after we got engaged my husband and I booked the Breakers. Everyone was so incredibly wonderful to us and we could not be more excited to have our reception there. After we booked we had celebratory drinks on the porch over looking the ocean and we knew it was the perfect choice. Throughout the year Terri, Anthony and Joseph made sure we received everything we could ever dream of. The wedding day came and it was our dream come true! Everything was perfect. The food was insanely amazing, the wait staff was wonderful and so helpful and the Maitre D was simply the best! We had a Hoffmans truck come and the Maitre D made sure that my husband and I got ice cream even though we were unable to go out to the truck. We had a five piece band and 200 guests and we all fit perfectly and never had space issues. We were able to have cocktail hour on the porch overlooking the ocean, andmy husband and I took some night shots on the boardwalk. After the wedding we stayed in the honeymoon suite upstairs and that was also a dream. It was enormous and warm, and from our window we could see the ocean plus it had a big jacuzzi tub. It was the perfect spot for a romantic evening after our wedding. Since the wedding we have been back to the Breakers on numerous occasions for dinner, because the food is simply the best.

My sisters and friends of mine have gotten married at a few different venues, and I have to say this was the most helpful and loving staff as well as the best location, food and everything all for the best price! Everyone still talks about our wedding, that it was the best they have ever been to. I cannot recommend the Breakers enough. It was simply put, a dream.

Sent on 02/27/2017

Mary · Married on 05/01/2016

Since this was a second marriage for both of us, we didn't want a huge affair and yet we wanted it to be perfect. The Breakers gave us everything we had hoped for! We went with the brunch menu and oh my... We got it! The choices and the food itself was outstanding! The cocktail hour and appetizers were amazing! Our sales manager, Terri, was so helpful and always answered my numerous emails promptly. When the big day finally arrived, everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Jay · Married on 03/19/2016

Where do I start with The Breakers? My partner and I decided to get married in December and wanted to have our wedding in March of the following year. Three months is not much time to plan, but we figured we would be able to accomplish it. With the help of Shannon, Michele, Eileen, and the rest of The Breakers Staff we were able to have our perfect wedding ceremony.

I did some quick research and found The Breakers online on a Friday and met with Shannon the following morning (definitely impressed by their quick response time). Their quick response time and very accommodating nature continued throughout the entire planning phase of our wedding. I met with her several times/exchanged numerous emails and phone calls over the course of 3 months and she was always so kind and helpful. I think one of Shannon's best attributes is her ability to know what you are looking for, even before you know it. My partner and I had no idea of certain wedding etiquette and she was always there guiding us and letting us know what should/shouldn't be done. When Shannon was not available, her colleague Eileen was there to help me out, and I think it is the excellent teamwork among the staff that definitely shines through.

During our wedding day, Michele was our Maitre D, and she was so organized and thoughful that I didn't have anything to worry about at all during our wedding day. I had several lists and she executed them to perfection. She kept the flow of things so well, that my guests were telling me how they have never seen food coming out so quickly during the cocktail hour and our reception (which was done buffet style). I also want to commend our bartenders, who kept the drinks coming and made it so that my guests never had to wait long for their drinks. Lastly, the food at "The Breakers" is some of the best I've had (not just for a wedding but among restaurants too). Overall, they far exceeded my expectations. Thank you "The Breakers"!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Emily · Married on 10/10/2015

I don't know where to start, The Breakers staff was out of this work and the venue speaks for itself! Our wedding went off without a hitch, everything was perfect. Eileen, Michelle and Molly at The Breakers were amazing they made the process so easy and fun. The food was delicious, cocktails amazing and the service we recieved were just incredible. It was worth every second and every dollar. Our guests loved the venue and said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been too! Our guests that stayed over night LOVED the venue and the views of course. The rooms were clean and everything we needed was provided! The breakfast buffet the next day was the perfect end to a perfect weekend! 110% recommend to ANYONE! :-D

Sent on 10/13/2015

Debbie · Married on 10/02/2015

We can't believe it was one year ago today that our son and daughter in law had the most beautiful reception here. Eileen and the entire staff were so helpful and made sure everything and I mean everything was prepared and presented perfectly. Everything Eileen suggested was spot on, perfect in every way. Our guests raved about the accommodations, food , service, just everything. We couldn't have been more pleased and happy. Our son and daughter in law had the wedding they dreamed of .
    Debbie & Scott

Sent on 10/02/2016
  • tmartino18

Taylor · Married on 08/21/2015

The staff at The Breakers went above and beyond to make sure we had the most perfect wedding reception. Our glasses were never empty and our guests were treated like family by the exceptional staff. Eileen our coordinator and Dona our maître de made sure every single detail was to our liking. I can't say enough about how great they did in every aspect of our day.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Pam · Married on 07/10/2015

We had our entire wedding at the Breakers (rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception, brunch the next day) and I couldn't have been more happy! We live in Germany (I am from NJ, but my husband is from Munich), so practically the entire wedding was organized from abroad, and they couldn't have been more helpful or professional. Shannon, Michelle and Donna are amazing, and the whole staff really works together as a team, so if you tell one person something (even if it's not their responsibility), they'll make sure that it gets done.

Additionally, the Breakers as a venue is an amazing value for everything you get/can do there for your wedding. The only thing that made us a little concerned were the prices for the hotel rooms and that there was a 3 day minimum. It was a lot of money to expect people to pay. What we ended up doing is blocking rooms at the Marriot in Neptune for the people who were on a budget/only wanted to stay one night (there are ZERO hotels in Spring Lake or neighboring beachside communities that don't require at least a 3 night minimum). Some of our friends and family coming from Germany decided to actually stay at the Breakers, as they figured it was worth it to make it into a mini weekend. Every single guest who stayed at the Breakers was so happy they did, and felt like it was worth every penny. No one wanted to leave and everyone wanted to go back!

Finally: if you like seafood, definitely get the raw bar. It’s totally worth it. It’s the second best decision I have ever made in my life (best decision goes to marrying my husband).

Sent on 08/09/2015

Renee · Married on 05/17/2015

Terri made our whole wedding planning process incredibly easy. She answered all our questions promptly and gave helpful advice. We loved the character of this venue and how close it is to the ocean. We had our wedding in the crystal ballroom, which is gorgeous. We met with Dona, our maître d, the week of the wedding. She knew exactly what to do with all our favors, candy bowls, sandal basket, etc. She decorated the room amazingly. Dona worked very well with our DJ and Photographers, which helped the night go smoothly. Terri & Dona really helped to make our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Janet · Married on 04/03/2015

We knew immediately that The Breakers was perfect for our wedding! A very charming venue. So close to the ocean! The food is absolutely delicious. And EVERYONE on the staff is wonderful and caring. They made everything so easy for us -- initial planning, blocking rooms, menu choices, vendor coordination, event design, and so on. What we didn't know was just how pampered we would be!! They really treated us and our guests like royalty. I highly recommend The Breakers.
    We can't wait for our next trip there!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Gwen · Married on 11/08/2014

It has been nothing but a pleasure doing business with The Breakers. Their quality of service and professionalism was phenomenal! The staff was so friendly and helpful and really made us feel like they cared about our wants and needs! Their service really helped to ease the stress of planning. The food was great! And amazing views! Would highly recommend and do business with them again! :)

Sent on 01/31/2015

Gabrielle · Married on 10/18/2014

I cannot speak more highly of The Breakers. Hosting our wedding reception here was one of the best decisions we made. We selected The Breakers due to their amazing location and the value of the packages they offer. They include everything, and for a reasonable price - especially considering the area. We worked with Eileen in planning the reception, and she was a complete dream to work with. Very receptive and helpful. Everything in working with The Breakers went so smoothly. I loved that all we had to do was show up for the wedding and every detail was taken care of. Eileen, and our Maitre d' Donna, made sure that all my decor was in the proper place and that everything at the wedding ran smoothly. The food was delicious, everyone is still raving about it. We also stayed in the hotel, as did almost all our guests. Everyone was very happy with their accommodations. I can't wait to come back to The Breakers to celebrate our anniversary for years to come.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jolie · Married on 10/12/2014

From Eileen Barnetti to Dona, these people are amazing! Everything went so smoothly and they certainly made our happily ever after a day we will never forget!

Sent on 10/15/2014