The Boylston Rooms Reviews

The Boylston Rooms 6
The Boylston Rooms 7
  • W

W Flynn · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Great Venue! Outstanding Service!

We are happy to give our highest recommendation to Erin and her team at the Boylston Rooms. Our daughter had her wedding and reception at the facility in March, and it was amazing. Erin is an excellent communicator and was supportive throughout the planning process. Every detail was attended to by the team. The facility was immaculate. We were struck by their professionalism, integrity and overall helpfulness. The staff was warm, friendly and considerate. They were there to meet every need. Her caterer was outstanding, we have received many compliments about the food.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Gaby · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful, unique space, great staff and amazing food

We got married at the Boylston Rooms on Saturday and it was everything we could have wanted and then some. From the bright, airy, clean space to the amazing staff to the incredible food, the Boylston Rooms has it all. Erin and her team were so attentive and organized through the whole process and during the day they were doing everything they could to make sure we were happy. Our guests raved about the space, our photographer loved the light and the cool upstairs space where we did our first look, everybody LOVED the food. Overall, incredible experience and we are so happy our wedding took place here. We could not have imagined it happening anywhere else. Now, we just hope we get invited to a wedding at the Boylston Rooms so we can relive it all again!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • estel20m

Emi Estelle · Married on 01/19/2019

Industrial Chic with Amazing Management!

We looked at a number of wedding venues in Western Mass, and my husband and I were both really drawn to the Boylston Rooms. We both grew up in the area and loved the idea of having our wedding in one of the old mill buildings. The inside of the building has been redone and the rooms we used for our ceremony and reception are absolutely beautiful—industrial and nostalgic but at the same time very elegant and modern. We got married in the Boylston Room East in front of a gorgeous row of windows. There is also a patio right outside the rooms that can be used for cocktail hour—we only used the patio for photos because it was too cold on our day in January, but the twinkly patio lights are gorgeous and we took some breathtaking pictures out there in the snow.

We knew we were having a winter wedding, and we wanted a venue that could accommodate both our ceremony and reception without our guests feeling too cooped up throughout the evening. Both the Boylston Room East and the Boylston Room West were light, airy, and spacious. We also had some elderly guests with accessibility issues and we really liked that all the rooms and the bathroom were located on the same floor and that made it easy for all of our guests to get around. The private bridal suite was so chic, comfy, and fun for me and my attendants on the day of the wedding! There is also a private bathroom in the bridal suite, which is very convenient and was stocked with every single amenity you could think of (and probably some you wouldn’t think of—like static guard spray, which was so helpful for me on our cold and dry January day to rid my veil of static cling!!).

Aside from how beautiful the space is, we really ultimately chose this venue for one reason: Erin Witmer, the owner and manager. From the first time we toured the space, Erin was so warm and friendly. We always felt like Erin was willing to take the time to communicate and even meet with us in person, and she was very laid back and easy to work with. Planning a wedding can be a long and stressful process, and every time I interacted with Erin in the year leading up to our wedding, she just gave off this sense of calm and that really helped me in managing my stress. She was also extremely knowledgeable and we got a lot of great vendor suggestions from her that we ended up going with as well. We planned our wedding from out of state and had limited availability to travel to Western Mass for meetings and appointments related to the wedding, and Erin was very accommodating and understanding of our situation from the get go.

It was important to me when we were picking our vendors that I felt like I could trust and communicate easily with everyone on our team, and Erin really went above and beyond. We felt that she truly had our best interest at heart and she cared about us, our guests, and our vision for the day. Erin worked with our other vendors and her staff to make sure everything went perfectly for our wedding, and there were really no issues on the day. We got married in January, and in the week leading up to the wedding the weather forecast for the big day kept getting worse and worse, with 1-2 feet of snow and ice being predicted!! I was completely losing my mind with stress, and Erin and our planner worked with us to make some last minute changes to the plan that ended up really saving the day. Like REALLY saved it.

The Boylston Rooms was a relatively new venue when we booked it for our wedding, and I feel truly lucky that we took that leap. Our guests all had a great time and we got a lot of compliments about the venue. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi Biciunas · Married on 11/17/2018

Something a little different, but timeless and elegant

When I first started touring wedding locations I had several appointments booked. I met Erin first and knew that the Boylston Rooms were going to be it. I canceled all the other appointments that day, and went for it. Because of the incredible work that Erin has done in the space, the rooms can be transformed into anything you can dream up. If you want to feel secure, like your wedding is in impeccably good hands, trust Erin. She and her staff work with your other vendors to make your dreams come true. She supports you throughout your event, and makes you feel relaxed and at ease. The Boylston Rooms are beautiful - but there are many beautiful venues in the pioneer valley - Erin is what makes this venue worth every penny. She is there when you need her, and invisible when you don't. We had the most amazing day, and we couldn't be more grateful.

Sent on 12/23/2018
    The Boylston Rooms 8
    The Boylston Rooms 9
    The Boylston Rooms 10
    The Boylston Rooms 11
    The Boylston Rooms 12

Chelsea · Married on 10/19/2018

Our perfect day

We could not have picked a more perfect venue than the Boylston Rooms for our wedding day. The blank canvas allows you to be in control of your own vision and the raw architecture in and of itself is simply exquisite. But like many other reviewers have stated previously, the reason this venue is the absolute best is all because of Erin, the event coordinator. She made every single request come true. All the stress from months of planning completely melted away when I saw my vision come to life the morning of our wedding. We have zero regrets and we owe that to Erin. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!! It was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Erica · Married on 09/15/2018

Enchanting

We had the time of our lives. Our wedding was Steampunk themed and everything about this venue complimented our special day. Erin and her team are genuine people with a love for weddings and it truly shows. They took care of all the details, planning was easy. We felt so comfortable with Erin and we cannot thank them enough for the enchanting production of our reception. I would also like to mention we received so many compliments on their catering!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/11/2018

We only looked at one venue for our wedding, The Boylston Rooms, and that was enough for us to know that we’d picked the perfect place to get married. My husband and I keep talking about how flawless our wedding day was and we can thank Erin for that. We would frequently email Erin leading up to the wedding and there were times that I worried we were asking too many questions, but she always immediately responded to us and was so kind, patient, and informative. She truly went above and beyond to ensure that our day would be perfect. When we were doing first look photos outside by the pond and we were on the verge of a rainstorm, Erin actually drove us in her car to the back of the building and stayed with us the entire time to help out. The venue itself was absolutely stunning the night of the wedding and I’m still getting compliments every day on how beautiful everything looked! My guests also keep talking about how great the food was, which was provided by Myers Catering right inside the mill. I could not ask for a more perfect day and I’m so incredibly grateful for all that Erin did for us. If I ever had to plan a large event again, I would choose The Boylston Rooms in a heartbeat. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We had the best day of our lives and we owe much of it to Erin!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    The Boylston Rooms 13
    The Boylston Rooms 14

Deb · Married on 07/27/2018

What a wonderful venue. Erin and her team made my daughters dream wedding come true!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    The Boylston Rooms 15
    The Boylston Rooms 16
    The Boylston Rooms 17
    The Boylston Rooms 18
    The Boylston Rooms 19

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

We had our dream ceremony at The Boylston Rooms. The setting is beyond breathtaking and could not be happier with how everything turned out. Erin made the whole experience fun and easy and she went above and beyond what we were expecting. Highly recommend to anyone looking for something other than the typical wedding venue.

Sent on 08/08/2018
    The Boylston Rooms 20

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2018

This is the BEST wedding venue anyone could ask for. The venue is so beautiful and made our daughters wedding spectacular! From start to finish the owner and the staff was so caring and sweet. They were also there to guide and help with all our needs. I highly recommend this place. I want to get married again so I can have my wedding here.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    The Boylston Rooms 21
    The Boylston Rooms 22
    The Boylston Rooms 23

Tanya · Married on 06/09/2018

If you want a venue that you can truly customize to your personality, then The Boylston Rooms is perfect! The space is beautiful and will go with any style wedding. The event coordinator, Erin, is very flexible and supportive, and she was incredibly helpful on just about everything: from recommending other vendors to planning the day to making sure that everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The staff at The Boylston Rooms were extremely helpful and attentive on our wedding day itself: every time I turned around and looked like I was looking for something, someone was right there beside me offering to help. Our guests LOVED the staff and the bartender, and the food from Myers Catering was awesome!

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Donald

Donald · Married on 05/26/2018

Perfect Venue

We LOVED working with Erin for our Memorial Day Weekend wedding... it turned out to be the hottest day ever and she made sure we always had water and that we were enjoying every aspect of the day... she went above and beyond for us including picking bugs out of the tulle in my dress- how amazing right!? When searching for a venue i knew i wanted something that felt like it was not in Western Mass and for sure no where i had a prom... this venue has such an amazing unique feel with the lighting down to the chairs (SUPER important to me) Having the bridal suite available to use all day made life easy for myself, my wedding party, and hair/makeup. I had a place to sneak off too and use the restroom or sit and take a moment to let it all sink in throughout the entire day.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Virginia · Married on 05/19/2018

Erin and her team exceeded my expectations. I showed up with merely a vision; color scheme, pictures, and random decorations I had purchased. Erin and her team managed to turn this into my perfect day.
    We rented the smaller room for the ceremony and with the simple elegance we did little decorations, but had a guitar singer that echoed through the room with ease.
    We rented the larger room for the reception, which had about 120 guest, who sat and moved comfortably. We opted for food stations (sliders, pasta bar, Haitian beef, french fries, ice cream sundaes). Our colors looked beautiful and the whole front space was saved for the DJ, Bar and Dancing. The only comment I would make is make sure your DJ comes early and tests his acoustics as the people at the tables couldn't hear the music (first dance or father daughters) and when he did work to correct it, it took some time. WE luckily laughed through it but I can see some people being pretty upset. Trust me.
    Now, I briefly mentioned the food, but it is important to emphasis the AMAZING caterer Myers they use at this venue. They did anything I asked, and made sure it was all set, hot, out for a while to enjoy and did I mention it tasted spectacular. Lastly, the pictures you could get around the property has the possibility of being AMAZING, we had rain (ok, understatement, we had a TROPICAL RAIN) so we couldn't take advantage of the property and missed out on some of the shots in the warehouse spaces, etc. BUT please ensure you set a lot of time aside, a good hour or more, it will be worth it.
    Ok, last, last, did I mention Erin sewed me into my dress and took dirt off it and helped bring me the gifts I had forgotten for the rehearsal?!!?! This sort of support is unheard of at some venues, it is personal and stress free once you take the leap with Erin and her team. I wish this venue all the luck, as it is beautiful and a mix of industrial glam. Thank you again for making our day stress free and perfect!

Sent on 09/10/2018

lynda · Married on 12/30/2017

It was awesome and Erin was wonderful and very attentive!!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Audrey · Married on 11/03/2017

I've never dealt with someone who's as relaxed and easy to work with as Erin. She helped to make this entire wedding experience WAY less stressful than I thought it was going to be. I was very anxious about the actual day and I'm also a bit of a control freak so wedding planning was not something I was looking forward to. She was more than happy to communicate with my other vendors and was there ALL day the day of for decorating assistance and overall moral support. If you decide to go with the Boylston Rooms for your wedding day I would also highly recommend Tanya Costigan for wedding planning. Tanya and Erin worked in Tandem with each other and even somehow got me to sit down and do my makeup and stop trying to help with set up. Definitely take advantage of the old mill building for you photos! We only used one room for the reception since we had a church wedding and Erin let us use the other room for our family shots. This kept everyone from wandering off (If you have a large family this is a real issue) and almost created a "photo space" to keep everyone where they were supposed to be. The best most unexpected part of this day for me was the bridal suite. When I first toured the space it was actually under construction so I wasn't even really expecting anything, but it was fantastic to have a specific space for all of my bridesmaids and my mom to get ready with me. It is a huge suite and had plenty of room for a large bridal party. It also has a private bathroom which was also great for during the reception. Erin also stocked the fridge for us with champagne and if you forgot things there was all the necessities such as a sewing kit, bandaids, water bottles, and other random stuff you don't want to be thinking of on your wedding day. Myers was also fantastic and everyone loved all of our food! Overall I couldn't be happier that we decide to go with this location for our Wedding Reception!!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2017
    The Boylston Rooms 31
    The Boylston Rooms 32
    The Boylston Rooms 33

Shannon · Married on 10/28/2017

The venue is absolutely perfect! Beautiful with an industrial yet rustic feel. Erin was amazing and was there with me every step of the way and really helped make my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Brianna · Married on 10/21/2017

Erin is so helpful and sweet! She is very considerate and has a lot of great ideas to help you plan your day. The reception room is gorgeous and fit our wedding of 120 beautifully.

Sent on 10/31/2017

marissa · Married on 08/05/2017

I can't even begin to describe how amazing our wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and reception were. If I could give more than five stars I would. The rooms themselves are beautiful and amazing, along with the cozy bridal suite. I didn't even mind being in the suite all day because of all of the special touches. I'd have to say one of the best parts by far about our wedding was working with Erin. She truly goes above and beyond in every aspect, I could fill a book with all the ways that she helped not only me but my family, bridal party and guests as well. She was accommodating, flexible, communicative, friendly, ridiculously hardworking and truly caring. She would give you the shoes off her feet to make you comfortable. I am sad that our wedding day is over but so so so happy we held it here.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Liz · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing our experience was having our reception at The Boylston Rooms! We arrived at the bridal suite, and there was a bottle of my favorite champagne--I had never mentioned this. She just knew I guess. During the reception, I had a bottle of water that was replaced about an hour later with a new, colder bottle of water. Some children in our party would not eat anything that we served--Erin got them special meals and made things so much easier for their dad, me, and my husband. Erin is personable, reliable, and wants to go above and beyond (Napkins shaped like flowers? Help me keep multiple potted plants alive? No problem when you have Erin to work with!). Our guests were very impressed with the historic architecture and modern decor. Definitely worth visiting for your next event! I'm sure we will be hosting another event here in time!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Maryclaire · Married on 08/25/2018

This was the only wedding venue we looked at and it was a no brainier. The huge windows and natural light, industrial vibe, outdoor areas - you can really do a lot with it and you have a lot of flexibility in how you use the space. Working with Erin was really easy. She's so responsive and organized and she's there with you on the day working with your vendors. Other bonuses: great bridal suite and amazing food from Myers Catering. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2018