The Boylston Rooms Reviews

The Boylston Rooms 4
The Boylston Rooms 5
  • W

W Flynn · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Great Venue! Outstanding Service!

We are happy to give our highest recommendation to Erin and her team at the Boylston Rooms. Our daughter had her wedding and reception at the facility in March, and it was amazing. Erin is an excellent communicator and was supportive throughout the planning process. Every detail was attended to by the team. The facility was immaculate. We were struck by their professionalism, integrity and overall helpfulness. The staff was warm, friendly and considerate. They were there to meet every need. Her caterer was outstanding, we have received many compliments about the food.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla Bobbitt · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Only looked at one venue!

Everything we wanted and more! Can’t wait to getting married at the Boylston Rooms next summer! Working with Erin has also been amazing! She has an answer to every question and every worry!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • marissa

marissa · Getting married on 05/24/2020

Marissa and Zoe's Wedding 6/8/19

We would recommend to anyone 100 times over. They were great in all aspects and truly helped us get through our wedding process as stress free as you can be. Everything was organized, communication was top notch and they helped and accommodated to all of our needs and requests. For having 2 separate departments if you will, venue and catering- you would never even know that is how flute everything was! We have had great responses from our wedding from our families etc. We got married 6/8/19 and if I could I would do it all over again at the same place! They were GREAT !!!! 10 stars across the board!

The Boylston Rooms 6
    Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Szymborn · Married on 12/31/2019

Dream wedding

Erin and Katy were wonderful to work with. Helped iron out details and made our night absolutely dreamy. Guests had nothing but positive things to say. Thank you!!

Sent on 01/03/2020

The Boylston Rooms's reply:

Thank you so much! You had an absolutely amazing New Year's Eve wedding, and it was such a pleasure to work with you!
  • Chanis

Chanis Bowse · Married on 10/27/2019

Perfect Venue for the Perfect Day!

Erin was excellent to work with as well as her staff. We knew exactly what we were paying for and didn't have to make decisions immediately. We ended up adding a cocktail hour somewhat last minute and it worked out perfectly fine! We loved the wedding suites, and my husband was so happy that the groom's suite was finished in time for our date! There were a few hiccups with day of decor, but between Erin and the wedding party, everything was taken care of without fuss. Erin was present most of the night and she worked very hard behind the scenes to make sure everything ran smoothly. My wedding was a night I will never forget and the venue helped us capture our personalities and desires in a way I wouldn't have expected. If I could do it all over again, I would!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Justin

Justin Harpin · Married on 10/27/2019

Perfect Wedding Day and Venue

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Kierstyn

Kierstyn Prindle · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Venue, Experience and Staff

When looking for a wedding venue, I knew right away the Boyslton Rooms was a must visit because of the unique look and industrial atmosphere. Once meeting Erin and her staff, we didn't have any questions or hesitations about booking our wedding here. The group was so incredibly professional and any needs we had along the way were answered in a timely manner.

We loved everything about our wedding!

The Boylston Rooms 12
    The Boylston Rooms 13
    Sent on 11/25/2019

Lauren Waslick · Married on 10/13/2019

Perfect Venue for Our Perfect Day!

Erin and the whole staff were incredible! She made sure that every detail was discussed to make the day run seamlessly. We dropped off the decorations the day before and when we showed up on the day of the wedding she had everything organized beautifully--even better than we would have done it ourselves. She was there for anything we needed, and we did not stress about a thing. I also loved how unique the venue was. Pictures were beautiful because there were so many different locations we were able to go! Everything about the day was perfect. I highly recommend this venue!

The Boylston Rooms 14
    Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Evelin

Evelin · Married on 10/12/2019

Industrial Beauty!!

Erin & Katy, were nothing short of AMAZING through the whole planning, setup, and wedding day. My husband and I highly recommend working with this team!! They are not only flexible but also extraordinary professional and have taken the time to make our special day, one to remember. All of our guests had a wonderful experience and we cannot wait to work with them again soon for another family member's wedding this year!! 10/10 for sure!!

-Ev & Nick 9/7/19

Sent on 09/11/2019

The Boylston Rooms's reply:

Thank you Evelin and Nick!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience at the Boylston Rooms, and I'm looking forward to seeing you both again in a few months :)
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2019

Everything we dreamed of!

My husband and I got married on 11/2/19 and could not have been happier that we chose the Boylston Room as our wedding venue for both our ceremony and reception!

Erin is absolutely AMAZING! I was an anxious bride with a very tight budget and huge guest list... Erin responded to all of my emails quickly and always gave her honest opinion and advice! She met with us several times over 18 months of wedding planning and accommodated to our tight budget with decorations!

She allowed us to drop off all of our wedding supplies/decorations a few days prior to the wedding, she was there to organize our rehearsal the day before and she was there bright and early the morning of the wedding! Our wedding party was able to use the bridal suite and grooms suite the entire day and night!

We had our ceremony in the East Room with the gorgeous windows, hardwood floor and white brick walls! We were able to DIY most of our decor because the venue was so beautiful with their bistro lights that I didn't need to bring too much with me!

We held our cocktail hour on the outdoor patio and rented a few heating lamps to keep our guest warm. We were able to seat 200 guests comfortably (round and rectangular tables) in the West Room for our buffet style dinner and a night full of dancing! I loved that the chiavari chairs were included at no extra cost (other venues we toured were charging extra).

When booking this venue you must use Myers Catering.... THEY ARE INCREDIBLE! All of our guests LOVED the food and are still raving about how fresh and amazing everything tasted! They were very generous with our food tasting and really let us a pick a menu that we would both love. We chose buffet style to save money and to ensure that dinner would run as fast as possible.... BEST decision we made! Our guest were able to have 3 times the amount of food that would have been provided in a plated dinner at a much cheaper cost! Dinner finished in a little over an hour and we were able to dance with our guests for hours! We were even able to take home all of our leftovers and had a party the day after with all of our food!

The entire staff was professional and organized. They helped our entire day/night run smoothly and kept us to our timeline. They packaged all of our supplies and had them ready for us to pick up the next morning.

If you're looking for a large venue with delicious food and staff that's truly accommodating and reliable.... THIS. IS. IT!

The Boylston Rooms 23
    The Boylston Rooms 24
    Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Adams · Married on 09/06/2019

The Perfect Wedding Day

We got married in September at the Boylston Rooms and I cannot say enough great things about Erin and her team. We knew immediately upon entering the venue that we wanted to get married there. Leading up to the event, Erin was extremely helpful with any questions that we had. On the day of, I did not have to stress over anything at all. Erin made sure everything stuck to a schedule and that all of the moving parts went according to plan. We had a perfect wedding, a lot in part to the team at The Boylston Rooms. Thank you!

The Boylston Rooms 25
    The Boylston Rooms 26
    The Boylston Rooms 27
    The Boylston Rooms 28
    Sent on 11/04/2019

Marie Ryan · Married on 08/10/2019

The most amazing venue we could have asked for!

Best Venue Ever! All our guests kept commenting on the great food, terrific staff and beautiful venue! Erin and Katie were the best to deal with and helped more than they know for keeping stress levels down. We could not have asked for a better venue overall. I would give 1,000 stars if I could! Perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Chris

Chris B · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent Venue & Service

What can I say? I'm so happy that we booked our wedding at the Boylston Rooms! The Venue was flexible and breathtaking! It helped to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one spot. All the bridal suite was lovely and made getting hair and make-up getting ready super easy! Erin was so helpful from beginning to end! She made this process so easy, and really went above and beyond. Also, this venue comes with a catering package who served delicious food and a great cake! Would 100% recommend this venue! Thanks to Erin, everything went great!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Courtney · Married on 06/30/2019

Wedding Reception

My husband and I had the night of our life at the Boylston rooms. Erin and her staff helped our night go without a hitch. The quality of the service and communication among the catering crew and Boylston room staff was great. The quality of the food was amazing, guests are still talking about it, and the unique elements of character in the mill buildings are easy to make beautiful and dramatic. Erin is flexible and truly helped us bring our vision for decor to life. We would highly recommend this venue for your next event.

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Cappello · Married on 06/28/2019

Most magical wedding ever!

What a magical wedding we had on June 28th, 2019. EVERY SINGLE PERSON from the Boylston Rooms and Meyers Catering were amazing to work with. They were pleasant, efficient, professional, knowledgeable, and stayed attentive throughout the event, making it possible for us to have the most memorable and stress-free wedding we could imagine. Plus, the space is perfect! From the tastefully simple room where we had the ceremony to the patio for cocktails, to the dining and dancing room, it was all perfect, not to mention the "bride room" which became our sanctuary that day. The only tiny drawback is that the patio has no shade and the day was quite hot, making the cocktail hour quite steamy. Adding some big tarps or umbrellas would make a big difference. But that's a very minor complaint. I would highly recommend them. It truly couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you Boylston Room staff, especially Erin and Amanda. You all rock!

The Boylston Rooms 29
    Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Santaniello-Laguerre · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream wedding

I’ve dreamt of my wedding ever since I was a little girl. I always thought I would get married in a castle or on a mountain somewhere. I never in a million years thought I would be getting married in an old mills building.

I stumbled upon The Boylston Rooms after researching wedding venues in my area. I fell in love with the pictures that were on the website. I emailed Erin and received a quick response to check out the venue. I fell in love with the space and it’s uniqueness.

I got married in the Boylston West. This is the bigger room. I fell in love with the floor and the industrial feel. I liked the pillars in this room and the separation between the dance floor area and the tables. I also liked how the patio entrance was right off of this room. Pay the extra money to have the lights on the pillars and the bistro lights hanging from the ceiling. It makes the space. For me, details of the wedding were key. The Boylston East is beautiful as well. I took most of my wedding photos in this room. The windows are to die for and make the space.

The beautiful bridal suite was available throughout the night to us. We didn’t end up getting ready here so it was amazing that Erin and her team let us have it throughout the night. Rumor has it that they are building a groom suite as well!

Speaking of Erin and her team, WOW. They are amazing and definitely there for you the whole night. Kudos to The Boylston Rooms staff because I don’t know what I would have done without you all night.

Erin, thank you for everything. She was there throughout the entire night. Anything that I needed, she was there!!!

The patio area is to die for. That is where my guests hung out for most the night. If I could redo my wedding I would have the reception out there for the whole night. That’s how beautiful it is at night. The lights from Boylston East shine through and it looks beautiful. I wish my DJ put a speaker out there for my guests. Like I said, most of my guests hung outside. I would highly suggest talking with your DJ to try and make that happen.

Make sure they pack up everything at the end of the night; nicely. I had a couple things broken and not returned. When my guest bathroom baskets were returned, they had nothing but empty boxes in them. I’m assuming that other people in the mills took them because it is the public bathroom. But hey, what’re you going to do. These are minor things and not much of a big deal!

If you end up taking pictures upstairs, prepare for your dress to get dirty. But I HIGHLY recommend it. Depending on who your photographer is, I imagine they will get amazing shots.

There are definitely pros and cons to every wedding venue and you have to make your judgement based on your wants/needs. I would 10/10 recommend getting married/having your wedding reception at this location.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Gaby · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful, unique space, great staff and amazing food

We got married at the Boylston Rooms on Saturday and it was everything we could have wanted and then some. From the bright, airy, clean space to the amazing staff to the incredible food, the Boylston Rooms has it all. Erin and her team were so attentive and organized through the whole process and during the day they were doing everything they could to make sure we were happy. Our guests raved about the space, our photographer loved the light and the cool upstairs space where we did our first look, everybody LOVED the food. Overall, incredible experience and we are so happy our wedding took place here. We could not have imagined it happening anywhere else. Now, we just hope we get invited to a wedding at the Boylston Rooms so we can relive it all again!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Megan · Married on 04/01/2019

Wonderful - highly recommend

Highly recommend. Lovely to work with and the event space is gorgeous.

Sent on 10/22/2019

The Boylston Rooms's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and it was a privilege to be a part of your day!
  • estel20m

Emi Estelle · Married on 01/19/2019

Industrial Chic with Amazing Management!

We looked at a number of wedding venues in Western Mass, and my husband and I were both really drawn to the Boylston Rooms. We both grew up in the area and loved the idea of having our wedding in one of the old mill buildings. The inside of the building has been redone and the rooms we used for our ceremony and reception are absolutely beautiful—industrial and nostalgic but at the same time very elegant and modern. We got married in the Boylston Room East in front of a gorgeous row of windows. There is also a patio right outside the rooms that can be used for cocktail hour—we only used the patio for photos because it was too cold on our day in January, but the twinkly patio lights are gorgeous and we took some breathtaking pictures out there in the snow.

We knew we were having a winter wedding, and we wanted a venue that could accommodate both our ceremony and reception without our guests feeling too cooped up throughout the evening. Both the Boylston Room East and the Boylston Room West were light, airy, and spacious. We also had some elderly guests with accessibility issues and we really liked that all the rooms and the bathroom were located on the same floor and that made it easy for all of our guests to get around. The private bridal suite was so chic, comfy, and fun for me and my attendants on the day of the wedding! There is also a private bathroom in the bridal suite, which is very convenient and was stocked with every single amenity you could think of (and probably some you wouldn’t think of—like static guard spray, which was so helpful for me on our cold and dry January day to rid my veil of static cling!!).

Aside from how beautiful the space is, we really ultimately chose this venue for one reason: Erin Witmer, the owner and manager. From the first time we toured the space, Erin was so warm and friendly. We always felt like Erin was willing to take the time to communicate and even meet with us in person, and she was very laid back and easy to work with. Planning a wedding can be a long and stressful process, and every time I interacted with Erin in the year leading up to our wedding, she just gave off this sense of calm and that really helped me in managing my stress. She was also extremely knowledgeable and we got a lot of great vendor suggestions from her that we ended up going with as well. We planned our wedding from out of state and had limited availability to travel to Western Mass for meetings and appointments related to the wedding, and Erin was very accommodating and understanding of our situation from the get go.

It was important to me when we were picking our vendors that I felt like I could trust and communicate easily with everyone on our team, and Erin really went above and beyond. We felt that she truly had our best interest at heart and she cared about us, our guests, and our vision for the day. Erin worked with our other vendors and her staff to make sure everything went perfectly for our wedding, and there were really no issues on the day. We got married in January, and in the week leading up to the wedding the weather forecast for the big day kept getting worse and worse, with 1-2 feet of snow and ice being predicted!! I was completely losing my mind with stress, and Erin and our planner worked with us to make some last minute changes to the plan that ended up really saving the day. Like REALLY saved it.

The Boylston Rooms was a relatively new venue when we booked it for our wedding, and I feel truly lucky that we took that leap. Our guests all had a great time and we got a lot of compliments about the venue. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi Biciunas · Married on 11/17/2018

Something a little different, but timeless and elegant

When I first started touring wedding locations I had several appointments booked. I met Erin first and knew that the Boylston Rooms were going to be it. I canceled all the other appointments that day, and went for it. Because of the incredible work that Erin has done in the space, the rooms can be transformed into anything you can dream up. If you want to feel secure, like your wedding is in impeccably good hands, trust Erin. She and her staff work with your other vendors to make your dreams come true. She supports you throughout your event, and makes you feel relaxed and at ease. The Boylston Rooms are beautiful - but there are many beautiful venues in the pioneer valley - Erin is what makes this venue worth every penny. She is there when you need her, and invisible when you don't. We had the most amazing day, and we couldn't be more grateful.

The Boylston Rooms 30
    The Boylston Rooms 31
    The Boylston Rooms 32
    The Boylston Rooms 33
    The Boylston Rooms 34
    Sent on 12/23/2018

Chelsea · Married on 10/19/2018

Our perfect day

We could not have picked a more perfect venue than the Boylston Rooms for our wedding day. The blank canvas allows you to be in control of your own vision and the raw architecture in and of itself is simply exquisite. But like many other reviewers have stated previously, the reason this venue is the absolute best is all because of Erin, the event coordinator. She made every single request come true. All the stress from months of planning completely melted away when I saw my vision come to life the morning of our wedding. We have zero regrets and we owe that to Erin. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!! It was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jenny Mckeon · Married on 10/06/2018

A unique and wonderful experience!

The Boylston Rooms is a fantastic venue, and Erin and her team were incredibly helpful from start to finish! Erin was quick to respond whenever we needed anything throughout the process, and even stepped up to find us new lightbulbs for our glass-breaking ceremony when ours disappeared that day. Both the East and West Room are gorgeous and atmospheric, the patio is lovely, and there are some great spots throughout and outside the venue as well for plenty of cool photo opportunities! Our day turned out beautiful and I can't recommend this venue enough.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Erica · Married on 09/15/2018

Enchanting

We had the time of our lives. Our wedding was Steampunk themed and everything about this venue complimented our special day. Erin and her team are genuine people with a love for weddings and it truly shows. They took care of all the details, planning was easy. We felt so comfortable with Erin and we cannot thank them enough for the enchanting production of our reception. I would also like to mention we received so many compliments on their catering!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/11/2018

We only looked at one venue for our wedding, The Boylston Rooms, and that was enough for us to know that we’d picked the perfect place to get married. My husband and I keep talking about how flawless our wedding day was and we can thank Erin for that. We would frequently email Erin leading up to the wedding and there were times that I worried we were asking too many questions, but she always immediately responded to us and was so kind, patient, and informative. She truly went above and beyond to ensure that our day would be perfect. When we were doing first look photos outside by the pond and we were on the verge of a rainstorm, Erin actually drove us in her car to the back of the building and stayed with us the entire time to help out. The venue itself was absolutely stunning the night of the wedding and I’m still getting compliments every day on how beautiful everything looked! My guests also keep talking about how great the food was, which was provided by Myers Catering right inside the mill. I could not ask for a more perfect day and I’m so incredibly grateful for all that Erin did for us. If I ever had to plan a large event again, I would choose The Boylston Rooms in a heartbeat. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We had the best day of our lives and we owe much of it to Erin!

The Boylston Rooms 35
    The Boylston Rooms 36
    Sent on 08/28/2018

Deb · Married on 07/27/2018

What a wonderful venue. Erin and her team made my daughters dream wedding come true!

The Boylston Rooms 37