The Botanical Emporium Florist & Greenhouse Reviews

56 Reviews for The Botanical Emporium Florist & Greenhouse

• Katy

Katy R. · Married on 05/11/2019

Five stars!

It was such a pleasure to work with Elizabeth! She was very responsive and professional from the beginning and throughout the entire planning process and wedding day! I didn't realize until after booking my wedding that I was getting married on Mother's Day weekend. I met with several florists, many of which were very rude/negative about the fact that I had picked that weekend and basically told me that I'd have to pay a fortune or wouldn't even take a wedding that weekend. Elizabeth, however, was very positive and encouraging throughout the entire process. The flowers were GORGEOUS and very reasonably priced. We had several meetings to design the centerpieces and bouquet and the final results looked just like she promised. I really cannot say enough great things about Elizabeth and Botanical Emporium and recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 08/11/2018

Elizabeth is the best

As soon as I talked to Elizabeth on the phone, I knew that I could trust her opinion and judgment. I also trusted her to stay within my budget (she actually came in under budget - who does that?) but create beautiful arrangements, and she delivered. You should have no hesitations about working with her. Her taste is amazing, her flowers are beautiful and her prices unbeatable.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Kim · Married on 06/09/2018

Elizabeth was wonderful to work with, she is an extremely creative person. My sister - in - law had recommended her to me, so I was already familiar with her work. We wanted a specific type of flower, and she went straight to the growers and got it for us. The flowers were beautiful, even if I could do it over I would not have changed anything about them. Can not say enough good things!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Sydney · Married on 09/17/2016

We met Elizabeth at a Bridal Show before we had even selected a date or a venue. She was really helpful and instead of talking flowers she gave us the inside scoop on all of her favorite venues. Once we picked a date and a venue I knew we had to go talk to Elizabeth about flowers! She spent over an hour with me and wanted to see pictures of my gown, the bridesmaids’ dresses, and even our mothers’ dresses so she could make sure the flowers matched with every little detail of the wedding! Elizabeth is very different and not your normal florist, but that was what I loved about her! She had amazing ideas and LOVED the fact that I wanted something different. I wanted fall flowers, our colors were orange and navy. I love Gerber Daises and she found the perfect one for my wedding! Two months out from the wedding my mom and I met with her again for what she calls “Build a bouquet”. We spent over an hour with Elizabeth picking out flowers we liked and putting them together to design the perfect bouquets for my bridesmaids and I! Elizabeth pulled out the Gerber Daises but added orange roses and blue orchids to make them beautiful and elegant! The week of the wedding my husband and I went to see one of the centerpieces that Elizabeth was going to make for the wedding. I loved that I knew exactly how everything was going to look before hand so that there was no stress the day of! On the day of the wedding the flowers showed up right on time and looked AMAZING!! Everyone complemented our flowers because they were so unique and beautiful! Elizabeth was so much fun to work with and made everything so stress free!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Karen · Married on 06/24/2016

Can't say enough great things about Elizabeth. Love, love,love her. She did all the flowers for my daughters wedding. They were over the top gorgeous!!!! So many compliments and the pictures are so beautiful. Would never go anywhere else. If you want the special attention to details. You want Elizabeth!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Linda · Married on 05/21/2016

I hadn't imagined working with a florist on the flowers would be so much fun. Elizabeth had such great ideas and the flowers were stunning. Since our venue was a ballroom built in 1894, she worked with me to develop an idea that would look amazing and fit with the historic feel of the venue and the vintage feel of the rest of the wedding.

Everything was so wonderful and I put my bouquet in a vase at home so I could enjoy it for days after the ceremony and reception were finished. The florists at Botanical Emporium used esperance roses, orchids and so many lovel greens that provided texture and personality to our bouquets - exactly what I had wnated. They were simply magnificent, and I know it was the best choice for the big day.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Amber · Married on 10/10/2015

GORGEOUS FLOWERS! I don't even know how else to describe them! I could not have been happier with our centerpieces and my bouquets... I had so many compliments! I was a bit worried not knowing what to expect and trying to keep in budget, but boy, did Elizabeth do a great job! She has a huge personality and is passionate about her work! The flowers were one of my favorite accents!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Allison · Married on 09/05/2015

Elizabeth was a wonderful professional to work with and is extremely dedicated to her work. She provided wonderful insight and ideas not only for our flowers but also for other details for our wedding day that we did not even think of.
    All of our flower arrangements were exactly what we wanted and were absolutely stunning.
    We got many compliments from guests at our wedding and we continue to get compliments from people who see the flowers in our pictures.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Violeta · Married on 08/22/2015

Elizabeth was such a pleasure to work with! She really helped me pick the perfect flowers for my wedding, leading me into the right direction. My bouquet was the most beautiful bouquet I had ever seen and my bridesmaids bouquets were exactly like the picture I showed her. My venue also looked picture perfect. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Colleen · Married on 08/08/2015

I LOVE Elizabeth!!!! She is just so sweet and really cares about what she does. I have never seen someone so easy going and laid back, someone who truly loves their job and serving brides. The flowers at my wedding were absolutely gorgeous and everything I dreamed of and more. I couldn't believe the vision we imagined and how well she put that to life. If you are looking for someone who will give you feed back, add her artistic style but keep your dream alive pick Botanical Emporium. They work so hard and will make sure you are happy!

Sent on 09/06/2015

Elizabeth really takes the time to get to know what you want in your flowers. Being able to build the bouquet was so helpful because I knew we were both on the same page! I also got to see what my centerpieces looked like before the big day and they were amazing! highly recommend for any big events.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Bethany · Married on 05/16/2015

For creative options - go here! I loved my flowers. I had a basic idea of what I wanted and Botanical Emporium thought about it, came up with cool ideas and ran with them. They spend time with you to discuss what flowers will be in season for your wedding and what your budget will be. The can accommodate everything- or atleast everything l asked for.
    They made huge feather filled vases for the church which matched the vintage style of my dress. My bouquet was daisys, peonies, and white, silver tipped feathers with greens mixed throughout. My bridesmaids had pink peonie bouquets with gold and silver bling laced in. Everything turned out perfect. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Molly · Married on 05/09/2015

Elizabeth is quite a character, but great at what she does! She is very opinionated and can come across kinda pushy, so I was a little worried that she wasn't really hearing what I wanted. But don't let that scare you, she was listening and my flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous and were exactly what I wanted!! Also, make sure you have plenty of time when you schedule an appointment with Elizabeth because she loves to talk!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/03/2014

Hands down Elizabeth the owner and Proprietor of The Botanical Emporium was at the top of favorite vendors for my husband and I. We selected the Doubletree by Hilton – Greentree location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for our Reception venue. As part of our package with the Doubletree the floral centerpieces were included and we were provided a preferred vendor of the Doubletree that we were to communicate with for our centerpieces. From the very first moment my husband and I met Elizabeth we fell in love with her enthusiasm and talent! We also decided to go with the Botanical Emporium for the rest of our flowers for our Wedding Day and could not have been happier as a result! We met with Elizabeth several times during our planning process and every time we did we had such a good time and lost all track of time! She is such an amazing person and Proprietor and she is blessed with such an unbelievable talent and passion for what she does and it is evident from her final products! When I first saw my bridesmaids bouquets, my breathe was taken away at how beautifully they turned out, which was way beyond what I could ever imagine! She definitely has a customer for life in us! Both my husband and I STRONGLY recommend The Botanical Emporium for everyday occurrences and especially for Weddings!
    No complaints whatsoever!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Tanya · Married on 09/06/2014

Elizabeth was awesome and my flowers were gorgeous!!! I met with her twice before my wedding and talked to her several times before the big day. During our first meeting, she went above and beyond! I had one of my bridesmaids bring their dress to the meeting. Elizabeth loved the dresses and even suggested to add a rhinestone belt to them, which everyone loved! We took the dress outside in the parking lot for better lighting, wrapped the rhinestone belt around the dress and Elizabeth even covered the bridesmaid's shoes in white tissue paper to get the whole look!! She was able to order the rhinestone belt from her vendor and had it for me during our second meeting.

She brought out every hot pink flower they had for our second meeting and listened to my likes and dislikes and created beautiful bouquets!!! She lent me her church bows at no extra charge and her staff had them tied on to the pews hours before our wedding. The flowers were all delivered to the church hours before the ceremony, which was so nice that I didn't have to worry about them! We ordered bouquets for all the bridesmaids, boutonnieres for all the groomsmen and ushers, flowers for the mothers, fathers, grandparents, ring bearer, petals for the flower girls, flowers for the blessed mother AND flowers for the anniversary dance and they were all amazing!! She also did all the centerpieces at my reception. My husband (wow, that's weird to say) made fun of me for ordering so many flowers, but I am so glad I did!!! She called me the week of my wedding and sung me wagner's bridal chorus (dum dum da dum) which cheered me up from an otherwise stressful day at work during my wedding week. My mother in law loved her too and we both plan on recommending botanical emporium and Elizabeth to anyone looking for flowers!!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Alexis · Married on 08/30/2014

Elizabeth did such an amazing job with building.centerpieces and bouquets around my specific style. There is not a thing I would've done differently and I am so thankful to have had such an attentive, creative florist! I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/10/2014

They did a wonderful job on our flowers for our wedding at the Embassy suites on June 22nd. Everyone raved how wonderful the room looked and I couldn't of been happier. The feathers were a great touch, and my bouquet looked great in pictures along with the bridesmaids bouquets. Everything tied together perfectly. Elizabeth the owner worked with me every step of the way and had great ideas. I had interviewed with other florist and botanical emporium had the best options for centerpieces as part of my hotel package versus the other vendors. I was surprise that they were included as they were beautiful and elegant. They were very reasonable for wedding party flowers too. Elizabeth works with your budget to get you what you envision. Glad I picked Botanical Emporium as they delivered. Great job everyone! I give them 5/5 on everything..for some reason the rating scale not working

Sent on 07/09/2014

My wife and I worked with Elizabeth and her team for our wedding in June. She was fantastic and delivered arrangements that looked beautiful and matched exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Kelli · Married on 06/07/2014

I can't say enough good things about Botanical Emporium! My flowers were amazing! From my centerpieces, to my bouquets and boutonnières, everything was perfect! Elizabeth was just full of ideas and energy. She really took the time to listen to what I wanted and made my flowers better than I could have hoped for! They really made my day beautiful!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/05/2014

Botanical Emporium transformed our wedding venue Bella Sera into the most beautiful room! I have worked with Elizabeth the owner many times on a professional level and she has always done an excellent beautiful unique look. She outdid herself for my daughters wedding, It was spectacular! I appreciated her always being honest and giving us suggestions as she is the expert! So glad we allowed her to create for us! Thank you and your staff for all your hard work!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Stacy · Married on 08/09/2013

Hubby and I looked forward to each meeting with Elizabeth. She has out of the box ideas, we trusted her and went with them... We weren't sorry! Everyone raved about how breath taking ALL of the flowers were. She did a wonderful job! I now travel 45 minutes when we need flowers because I know she'll come up with something great! Recently I called her and needed flowers same day, voila! Beautiful and she was as pleasant as always!

Sent on 09/10/2013

K · Married on 06/15/2013

The Botanical Emporium on Banksville Road did absolutely beautiful flowers for our daughters wedding! We worked with Diane and she was pleasant,professional, knowledgeable and helped us create the most elegant wedding flowers for our day. Elizabeth was also on board, helping us even the day before the wedding! When they delivered the flowers to the church there was a rather large funeral, so our flowers went to the rectory. Elizabeth called me and very calmly explained where the flowers were, that they were in air conditioning, not to worry and could be picked up there. She also wished us well. When we retrieved them, everything was marked perfectly for each attendant, mother, etc. We would use them again for any occasion, but were very pleased with everything for the wedding, price, quality, beauty and ease of doing business. Thank you BE Team for making the flowers as beautiful as the bride!

Sent on 06/22/2013
  • melony

Melony · Married on 09/01/2012

For my wedding, all I wanted was hot pink roses. Our colors were hot pink and black, so there was no question for the flowers. When I got my hot pink roses, I almost cried! They were the most beautiful pink I have ever seen in my entire life. I didn't realize how pink roses could be. They matched everything perfectly! Elizabeth at the Botanical Emporium was amazing. She is extremely creative, and she saw my vision exactly how I wanted it. The floral centerpieces were beautiful, the bridal party and parent flowers were amazing. If you're looking for creativity, please go see Elizabeth and her staff at the Botanical Emporium!!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Michelle · Married on 07/14/2012

Elizabeth may not be for everyone, but she definitely went above and beyond on my wedding day! I know she may rub some people the wrong way, but in my opinion she is passionate about what she does and knows her stuff!! Elizabeth was part of our Holiday Inn reception package, and although the centerpieces came with the price of the reception, we decided to go with her for the rest of our flower needs. Elizabeth met with us several times to decide on what was needed and envisioned for my wedding day. She was very detailed oriented and knowledgeable about flowers and weddings. She used pictures of my wedding dress to create a stunning bouquet to go with my wedding dress! I don't know of many florists that pay this much attention to detail especially since I had checked out another florist beforehand. On my wedding day, Elizabeth did not miss a beat! Everything she said she would do and create was there. She also made gorgeous centerpieces that my guests were so impressed by that they wanted to take them home with them that night (check out her lighted crystal tree centerpieces). Looking back on some of my wedding pictures, I am still amazed at how beautiful and breathtaking all of my wedding flowers were!! I highly recommend The Botanical Emporium for all of your wedding flower needs! Elizabeth is truly wonderful and an expert at what she does!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Elizabeth did my flowers for my bridal shower and for my wedding ceremony and reception. She was willing to do whatever she could to work in the budget range that I had in mind. Everyone raved about how gorgeous the flowers were! I couldn't have been more pleased with the service and flowers that I received!!

Sent on 07/23/2012