The Bethwood Reviews

88 Reviews for The Bethwood

The Bethwood 1
The Bethwood 2

Sismely · Married on 05/26/2018

Our wedding was on May 26, 2018!!!..Where do I begin, before we came across this beautiful venue we went to a lot and I mean a lot of venues between New York and New Jersey. From the moment I step in and had the pleasure of meeting Jason I was already in love! Jason is the best he made everything and anything I wanted possible! Every question or concern I had was answered or taken care of! He made us feel so at home and everything did go as planned even my doggie bags :-) ..My guest loved the food and still are talking about the cocktail hour how much food was provided!! Again the food is amazing!! The deserts were a hit the drinks everything was amazing!! I would recommend the Bethwood a million times over they made my wedding a dream come true! They even have their own garden to take your pictures and don’t have to make any more stops! When you make your appointment I highly highly recommend Jason he is truly truly the best and I couldn’t have imagined planning my wedding with anyone else but him and the Bethwood!
    Love always Jason from your fave couple Mr. & Mrs. Gonzalez

Jeff · Married on 08/12/2017

My wife and I just had our wedding at the Bethwood and it went as wonderfully as we ever could have hoped. We absolutely loved it! We were on a relatively tight budget compared to other weddings, and the Bethwood was a steal for all they were offering. Steve Ranieri was there to help us every step of the way and made everything so much easier and we highly recommend him. He has been in this business for many years, and his experience shows. My wife and I were free to enjoy the day as he worked with everyone behind the scenes with great patience and leadership. The coordination with our DJ, photographer, videographer, pastor, and guests was like a well-oiled machine. The garden area outside gave us opportunity for amazing photos in a portion of New Jersey that it is normally hard to get away from streetwires and highways. The food the whole time was also very good with a vegetarian option. The Bethwood also invites clients to bring some friends and family to try the food at their weekly Sunday brunch at no cost other than tip.

• User6678067 · 1+ year ago

The bethwood is a beautiful place to get married. It has beautiful gardens to take pictures and also they have an awesome service. Beautiful and looks like a castle.

Heather · Married on 03/31/2017

If I could give The Bethwood 1000 stars I would. My Husband and I were looking for a place to have both the ceremony and the reception. Every place that we looked at told us it would be in the same room, we didn't like that idea. Then we stumbled upon the Bethwood in our searches and it looked like they had a separate area for the ceremony and they did. I feel in love with the entire venue as did my husband. We worked with Jason and he is by far the best person I have met when it comes to venues. He answers all of my emails and phone calls and we talk to each other like we have known each other for years, which made this process so much less stressful. He was there with us every second for the day of the wedding. He was there when I got out of the limo to cleaning up afterwards. He made me less stress the day of. Everything was how we imagined our dream wedding to be. We were in love. Jason did an outstanding job and be back to have many more occasions there. Especially with him!!!

• mrsgcracker

Kate · Married on 10/29/2016

There is absolutely NOTHING bad I can say about The Bethwood. Sure, in the beginning two of managers ended up quitting and we got the run around, but once we landed Steve Goodman - that was it! He was absolutely amazing! Every single thing we wanted, he gave. Even things my husband and I didn't think of, he had it! He was always available for us - phone, email, whatever! We had BP members from out of state, and he allowed us to come in and look at our rooms whenever we wanted, without any fuss. The food was better than delicious, our Maitre D - Dominic - was a GODSEND, and, since we got ready there, the help we had was so focused and brought us anything we needed. I would go back to The Bethwood for EVERYTHING. Any parties from now on will be held there!

Not to mention, the price was unbeatable!!

Thank you Steve, Dominic and all the help!! You really made our wedding day super special!!

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2016

Great food, Great Value, Great Staff. Jason helped us set everything up and my Maitre d was absolutely hands down the best. Checked to make sure everything was good and right the whole day. hearts and flowers I LOVED my wedding day.

Joanne · Married on 09/10/2016

Great service! Great night. Highly recommend.

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

The goal of any couple is to enjoy your day and not worry about details. The Bethwood makes that happen. There were some snafus with 2 different guests at our wedding. I seriously didn't blink and it was handled. The Bethwood is comparable in price to other places but you will not find the attention to detail and professionalism anywhere else. They are just amazing. If you want a worry free fun wedding I highly recommend The Bethwood.

Rachel · Married on 08/27/2016

We are grateful fo the service,everything was nice and tasty! Recommended to all!

Kristen · Married on 07/23/2016

I don't even know where to begin! From the very first appointment with the Bethwood staff, my husband and I fell in love. We were treated like royalty and Jason and all of the staff have now become part of our family. We had the absolute "dream team" on the day of our wedding- Jason, Captain Carlos, and Joanna. They guided us through every step of the way, from the first appointment, to picking things up the morning after. We sat in awe during dinner and just watched everything that was going on and tried to soak it all in. It was the most magical, amazing day. Their attention to detail did not go unnoticed- anything and everything that we hinted at or could have asked for was there the day of our wedding. I had what I thought were a lot of "silly questions" but Jason never flinched. He was very patient, kind, and helpful. He always responded with "not a problem" or "I'll figure it out." He even found a way to give us a "Smores Bar for dessert!" When I had a concern about lighting or decor that was in the room when we took our tour but was no longer there as we got closer to our big day, he had different décor/lightning reinstalled for me for the night of our wedding- all at no cost to me. Most importantly the entire Bethwood staff (no matter who you work with) makes you feel apart of the family, they are always looking out for you and your guests. They are very sweet, helpful, and are always willing to respond to calls & emails within 1-2 days, if not hours. We still have guests telling us how wonderful the food was, how amazing all of the staff were, and what an unforgettable time they had! We cannot wait to go back and visit! We definitely HIGHLY recommend The Bethwood to everyone who would like to have their fairy-tale ever after wedding (in a castle type building too!) Please ask us if you have any specific questions- we would be so happy to answer them! Best of luck!!

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/16/2016

So far, Andy is awesome! He answers any and all questions and is very flexible with us.

Chris · Married on 04/30/2016

Just had our 140 person wedding at the Bethwood on April 30, 2016. I couldn't wait to write a review because our night was perfect. The staff at the Bethwood made us feel like a king and queen. (Our maitre'd was Todd). Even though there are other events going on - we never saw anyone else - and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. The food was spectacular and all drinks were heavy pours. It speaks to the quality of the Bethwood that all guests were happy at all times - smiles all night. They did not rush us out at 11pm and let us take our time saying goodbyes and changing clothes.

We worked with Steve, the general manager, to plan the wedding. THE BEST. He was always quick to respond to an e-mail and he made us feel anything was possible - my bride wanted some small changes to menu/cake and he did them all at no extra cost. I can't even imagine what better service would be like.

Tatiana · Married on 04/09/2016

I love this place! They really know how to listen and to give you more than what is wanted or even expected.
    If I could do it again, this is where I would go!

Shrouk · Married on 01/14/2016

Outstanding service I choose the best place to do my rehearsal such a beautiful place

Alyssa · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I can't begin to thank The Bethwood enough for making our wedding a night to remember! From our initial visit Steve Goodman answered all my questions and helped us plan a gorgeous, affordable wedding. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the Bethwood and our guests had a wonderful time. Our Maitre'd Dominic was wonderful, he was there on the rehearsal day and our wedding day and the service was impeccable! The food was delicious ~ we still receive compliments from our guests on the quality and the amount of food served during both the cocktail hour and reception. The Bethwood exceeded our expectations in everyway... We are so happy we decided to have our wedding at the Bethwood.

Alexis · Married on 07/25/2015

We had our wedding here recently and it went great! Steve Goodman worked really hard to help us have the wedding we wanted. It went very smoothly, the food was great, and the venue was beautiful. We got great pictures in the garden as well! Everyone raved about the service.

We couldn't be happier with our experience with the Bethwood. My new husband and I spent many nights of our honeymoon reflecting on how wonderful this venue was and how it was definitely the right choice for us! Not only was it very affordable, but it was top notch in every aspect. They have been doing weddings for decades and YOU CAN TELL based on the level of service you get from them. Manager Steve Goodman has been our co-pilot since the first day we booked with the Bethwood. He helped with every detail and provided excellent customer service. He even stepped in the day of the wedding to help with a last minute emergency (nothing to do with the venue - but one of our vendors), he made some calls and saved the day! The food is delicious but even more appetizing was the amazing garden which made for fantastic wedding photos. Our pictures are beautiful and our guests were very happy. We got many compliments about how delicious the food was and how friendly and kind the staff was as well. If you want first class service book with the Bethwood - you won't regret it! They also have an awesome castle feel, which makes you feel like a princess! A++++++ experience. THANKS BETHWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• User2009031 · 2+ years ago

Jason from the Bethwood is your go to guy when it comes to picking the best venue for a wedding. From the start Jason was very attentive and patient. He has the answers to all of your questions and even when we postponed our wedding he assisted us in easing the planning once again for our special day, three years later! The grounds of the Bethwood are beautiful and it allows for you to take pictures in multiple areas without having to leave and worry about transportation back and forth to various locations for picture taking. According to the guests, the food during the cocktail hour was plentiful and filling (We were busy taking pictures so we didn't get to see any of this). They help coordinate everything the day off so that you can enjoy the party without having to stress over so many of the details. We were very satisfied with our experience here and would highly recommend it to other couples!

Thank you to all the staff at the Bethwood for making our special day possible!

Lopez
    5-30-2015

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2015

Jason was so great to work with from day 1 - he really made our wedding everything we dreamed it would be. The attention to detail and the overall service not only to us but for our guests was above and beyond anything we expected. We got married in the front gardens and had our cocktail hour in Pueblo and reception in Seville. It was important to us to separate the cocktail hour room and reception room and Jason was very accommodating and flexible to make this happen. The food was amazing both at the cocktail hour and in the reception. I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else - Jason and his staff made this the best day of our lives!

Colleen · Married on 02/28/2015

The Bethwood, and specifically, our host, Dominic Leone, made our wedding day special. Dominic made everything run smoothly, and was willing to accommodate all our requests. Our guests raved about the food, the service and the venue. They made our planning easy, and helped make our day a success!

shellie · Married on 02/28/2015

As a same sex couple we were nervous about how we would be treated by a vendor. Those fears were alleviated when we first met with the staff. We were given a tour and arrangements were made for us to bring four friends to have a complimentary Sunday buffet. We had a very easy time planning the event. Domenick was available for any questions we had leading up to the event. We used our own baker for our cake and pies. The cost of cake or Venetian platter is included with a package. We had a friend who wanted to do it for us. We had our wedding at the venue and it was wonderful. The chapel and banquet room were blank canvases and we were given control over how we wanted to decorate. It was a wonderful experience.

emel · Married on 01/24/2015

The Bethwood is a beautiful place to have a wedding. My sister had her wedding in the summer time at the Bethwood and the garden was beautiful to take pictures in. My wedding on the other hand was during the winter and my pictures came out beautiful with the snow. The pricing was great, the service was great. They were very professional. It was the perfect place for my little wedding.

Mariana · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about The Bethwood. Dominic was our guide throughout the entire process. He was so helpful throughout every step and explained everything in detail. He made a lot of the planning easy, especially at our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about remembering anything, he guided us and the bridal party every step of the way.

Amazing food, beautiful facilities, great and extremely kind staff and everything was on point. I couldn't have asked for more. I highly recommend this venue.

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2014

First: Jason B., our guide throughout this entire process, is probably my favorite human being on the planet (after my new husband, of course). He was so helpful throughout every step. He made a lot of the planning easy & fun. We felt like he went above & beyond to accommodate every detail we requested. Pretty much everything we asked about was met with "not a problem" or "I'll figure it out." And very importantly, he responded to calls & emails within 1-2 days, if not hours. At our wedding we didn't have to worry about remembering anything, he guided us & the bridal party every step of the way. And at the reception he even took us over to the buffet & put food on the plates for us!

The food was amazing. They accommodated so many food requests to allow us to have a half vegetarian wedding.

The staff set up all the tables for us & we had a lot of stuff! After the wedding was over they packed up all our stuff! And let us pick up every thing I'm the morning.

We truly didn't have to worry about anything at our wedding. And it was really affordable as well! Everyone had a great time.

My only negative review would be that the cake didn't hold up very well and some flowers were falling off by cutting time.

All of the wait staff was very friendly & helpful.

We loved every minute of working with and celebrating at The Bethwood!!!

Mariela · Married on 09/19/2014

My husband and i cannot say enough good things about the Bethwood. We recently had our wedding there and we are more than convinced that we made the right decision when we signed that contract. Even though we walked into the Bethwood without an appointment, the one lady at the office was able to get us to talk to a very kind man named Steve Goodman. Steve was extremely nice, he showed us the facilities, he gave us different options and explained pricing in detail (not to mention that he was very funny) . Other people worth mentioning due to their kindness and professionalism are Jason and Carlos who were there to make our ceremony and reception truly unforgettable. I also like to mention that the pricing was very reasonable considering everything that it included (cake, food, beverages, ice sculpture, chair bows, free night at a local hotel and much more). In conclusion, we fell in love with the Bethwood not only because of the extremely kind staff, beautiful facilities and the reasonable pricing but also because they truly made us feel like king and queen for a night. My husband and i absolutely made the best decision by booking our wedding at the Bethwood.