The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas Reviews

24 | La Grange, TX

24 Reviews for The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas

24 The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas Reviews

Tess · Married on 07/14/2018

We pretty much knew within the first 10 minutes of our consultation, before tasting her cakes, that we would want to hire Melissa. She is so personable and professional and had such a great portfolio of work. She had everything setup and ready for us upon arrival. Her cakes were absolutely delicious and working with her with such a breeze! I had a slight filling change request a week or two before the wedding that she accepted without hesitation!

The wedding cake and grooms cake were stunning! I actually teared up when we finally got to see them in the reception hall. They were perfect and even more than we'd envisioned. The little music notes coming out of the trumpet were such a great extra touch! But even the beauty of the cakes can't compare to just how exceptionally delicious they were. My husband, who is not a very big sweets guy, was even mmm-ing all over the cake. Seriously some of the best cake we'd ever had! I'm already dreaming of being able to break out the cake topper for our 1 year anniversary!

I would highly highly recommend using Best Little Cake Shop in Texas for any cake needs. I hope we can use her again in the future for anything really! Whatever it would take to get another taste. :)

The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas 1
    The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas 2
    The Best Little Cake Shop In Texas 3

Meagan · Married on 02/17/2018

My husband and I were not big wedding cake people. That was before meeting Melissa! She really does have the best little cake shop in Texas as far as we are concerned! It was delicious, beautiful, and the process was an absolute breeze. She even did some amazing A&M cookies for us that were incredible!

Brooke · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding cake and grooms cupcakes were just BEAUTIFUL! Melissa was so easy to work with and so accommodating. She really helped to make everything run smoothly and she was so very organized. But, most of all, HER CAKES ARE AMAZING! So moist, not too sweet and just perfect! I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding cake!

Kimberly · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious, moist and flavorful. The fresh flowers added a special touch and matched perfectly with our colors and theme. But what really was the piece de resistance was the groom's cake. Not only was it hands down the best cake I've ever had (Chocolate with chocolate chips) I'm sure it wasn't an easy one to make. They made us an Alabama football with "Roll Tide" artfully written in fondant. Look no farther-this is where you need to get your cake!

Pat · Married on 06/30/2017

Melissa did an outstanding job. Both cakes were beautiful and oh so good! The chocolate is something dreams are made of and the almond white as just as good. She took time to ensure she knew what we wanted and boy did she deliver. Would recommend this business for any of your special occasions.

Julia · Married on 05/06/2017

Our cake from Melissa at The Best Little Cake Shop in Texas was phenomenal. Everyone agreed it was delicious, and it looked beautiful! She's professional and quick and very accommodating. We got the bottom layer as vanilla almond cake with a chocolate mouse filling, and the rest lemon cake with a strawberry mousse filling. So, SO delicious. Since the tasting I had been dreaming of eating it again at the wedding! We also had stucco-looking vanilla buttercream frosting. She's sincerely wonderful and well-priced.

Charity · Married on 10/22/2016

She does an amazing job on her cakes. They taste so good and a very reasonable price. She is flexible and easy to get ahold of.

• User6919104 · 2+ years ago

SIMPLY DELICIOUS!!! Melissa is so easy to work with (very responsive with email). She made a big wedding cake for 150 ppl with one layer chocolate and two layers white with all white butter cream. Beautiful and delicious. Plus, she made a bonus cake for my uncle's b-day -- carrot with cream cheese frosting. Also wonderful. I can't recommend Best Little Cake Shop enough. Perfect!! Thank you!

Gillian · Married on 06/24/2016

Melissa was great to work with. We planned the our wedding from out of state and she was very responsive with planning other email. We did get to visit her a few months before the wedding to taste the cakes and cupcakes, which were great. Our wedding cake was great delicious (chocolate, with 'naked' frosting, and chocolate ganoche drizzle)! Melissa made a small cake topper, cupcakes, and a small grooms cake for our wedding. It was wonderful! we had vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. I would have skipped the grooms cake but Melissa had a picture of a grooms cake that was a shiner beer bottle cap and we had to have it! It looked amazing! but sadly I can't review that cake because it was all eaten! We heard nothing but good things from out guests.

Suzaanne · Married on 04/23/2016

All I can say it was it was GREAT! I loved working with Melissa, she was so kind and helpful and the cake was absolutely delicious!

• Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/15/2015

Melissa made the perfect wedding cake for me and did an outstanding job on our "groom's cookies". We met for a tasting and she was so kind and easy going. I showed her a couple of pictures and gave her a head count and she made a cake that was exactly what I was picturing. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you so much!!!!!
    -Jamie Balusek Fuller

Cristina · Married on 05/02/2015

Our venue recommended this cake shop and I’m so glad they did. Melissa was a delight to work with. The cake was so delicious and beautiful! She is very talented in her work. I’m amazed! I sent her the picture of the cake I wanted and she mimicked it exactly. So happy! Thanks Melissa!

Rebekah · Married on 05/02/2015

Our cake was AMAZING! Not only did it look absolutely beautiful but it tasted soooo good! Melissa was very easy to work with and very professional. I have already referred a client to her and they booked her for their wedding!!

Sandra · Married on 03/28/2015

What's a bride's worst nightmare? Having one of your vendors cancel about four months before the wedding for a vital part - the wedding cake. After picking myself from the floor, I went into beast mode and start looking for a new cake person that was available and affordable. After a couple of calls and references, I reached out to Melissa at The Best Little Cake Shop in Texas. Not only was she available, but she came highly recommended by our venue. I made an appointment with her to try her cakes and explain what I was looking. First of all, her cakes are amazing! I went with a simple buttercream filling and key lime cake. OMG. I can't wait to our anniversary so I can reorder it because it was fantastic. My mouth is watering just thinking of it. Everyone at the wedding loved it as well. It was sooo good!

Apart from her amazing cakes, Melissa was great to work with. Once we finalized what the cake would look like and taste, she let me know her set up time, what I needed to bring, and any last minute details. She confirmed the cake details a few days out and was totally cool with a small change I wanted. She was a great vendor. Glad I got to do business with her even if it wasn't the ideal circumstances. It all worked out in the end. :)

Amber · Married on 03/22/2015

Melissa made my wedding cake and my groom's cake. My wedding was very small, 40 people, but I wanted the tiered cake look and a groom's cake without having a ton of cake leftover. Melissa was more than willing to work with me on this. She suggested a faux tier and smaller cakes. I wish I had my photos back so I could post a picture of the cakes. They were so beautiful and delicious! I had vanilla almond with buttercream filling and chocolate cake with peanut butter filling.

Lamar · Married on 11/01/2014

We loved our cake from The Best Little Cake Shop in Texas! I found a bunch of ideas on Pinterest that I liked and shared them with her. My cake turned out perfect and DELICIOUS! My mother-in-law surprised us with a groom's cake and it was perfect as well.

Hanna · Married on 10/19/2014

In short, the cake was perfect.
    We met with Melissa briefly to discuss cake size, flavors, and design, and to have a taste test. She has so many options for flavors and appearance available, she will absolutely be able to create the perfect cake for your event. We went with a simple three tier cake, decorated with frosting dots and ribbon to match our colors. I was delighted when I saw the finished product. It was exactly what I had envisioned. And that was just the outside. Let's talk about taste! Wow, what a delicious cake!! I lost count of how many guests raved about how good the cake was and it just made me so happy. Melissa offers some very exciting flavors, but I strongly recommend the classic chocolate chocolate chip. I'm craving it just thinking about it...
    On a practical note, the prices are very competitive, and delivery on the big day was so prompt and efficient that I didn't even see her bring the cake in. All of the sudden it was just there on it's cake stand, looking perfect!
    I absolutely recommend The Best Little Cake Shop in Texas!

Krystal · Married on 09/13/2014

Mellissa is so sweet and easy to work with. Both cakes looked and tasted GREAT!

Melissa is soooo great! If you get married anywhere around La Grange she is THE cake lady to use!

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding cake and groom's cake were absolutely incredible. Besides being gorgeous, they were also delicious. I loved having a sit-down session with Melissa where she drew us pictures of exactly what our cakes would look like. She also let us taste test several different flavor combinations - all of which were delicious. It was a difficult choice, but our cakes turned out amazing and everyone was impressed!

Merle · Married on 02/01/2014

The cakes were absolutely delicious and so so beautiful! Thank you!

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2013

Best Little Cake Shop in Texas did my Wedding Cake and my Groom's Cake. She did a phenomenal job at a GREAT value. The cake was awesome... there was hardly any to take home! She completely designed the groom's Avengers themed cake by herself and it was amazing! She perfect created the cake I envisioned and found pictures of online. She was pleasant and easy to work with. A+!

Kathryn · Married on 10/12/2013

Melissa did a fabulous job on my cake for my wedding day. It was not only exactly like the picture I gave her (almost better) but it tasted DELICIOUS! I also loved that she followed up with me periodically and made sure all invoicing and payment was completed way before the wedding day. Her professionalism and AWESOME cake making skills made her one of my favorite wedding vendors! :)

noemi · Married on 03/16/2013

Our wedding cake was exactly what I had envisioned. It was beautiful and delicious :)