The Beach House Reviews

4.7

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Melissa B. Married on 11/09/2019

The happiest bride!

My husband and I had our destination wedding at The Beach House in November and it was AMAZING. I was looking for a venue that would do both the beach ceremony and an outdoor reception. I looked through tons of options in Destin and The Beach House had it all. Kelly and the staff were wonderful to work with. In the beginning Kelly was a little slow to respond (as she was planning other weddings) but when it got closer she was in constant communication, even texting and calling on the phone. Kelly went above and beyond to make all of my wedding plans/dreams a reality. She has a room full of decorations that you are welcome to use; and if she doesn't have it, she will order it for you. They will even set up and take down the decor you bring from home (that's a huge thing most other places don't offer). The chef customized a menu for us because what we wanted wasn't on their "traditional" catering menu. The chef said "no problem" and customized our own menu. We were able to get ready ALL morning in the gorgeous Sky Room that overlooks the ocean. The chef even made a custom brunch menu (complete with mimosas) for the girls and I while we were getting ready. He doesn't normally serve breakfast or brunch but cooked a personalized meal just for us that day.
    Kelly and her assistant took care of literally everything. I did not have to worry about one single detail that day. They decorated everything to look just like the pinterest pictures I saved, they told everyone where to go and when, and they coordinated everything. Being from out of town I didn't know a good florist, DJ, hair/nail salon, etc. Kelly provided several recommendations for all services we wanted and let me tell you her team works so well together. The top recommended florist works with Kelly and TBH religiously and they coordinated the flowers perfectly. All I had to do was send pictures of what I wanted things to look like. The florist and Kelly coordinate when and where and how much of each. Same with the DJ. Kelly's recommendation was great, he kept the party going and kept people on the dance floor.
    I couldn't have asked for a better day and that is majority due to Kelly and The Beach House for orchestrating a perfect event.
  • Emma
    Emma B. Married on 07/18/2019

A Magical Day

Thank you to all the staff at The Beach House for making our day so unbelievably magical. We couldn't have asked for anything better. SO many of our guests came up to us saying that this was the best wedding they have ever attended. The staff made everything run smoothly and we couldn't be more grateful. If you're looking to get married on Kauai, you absolutely MUST check out The Beach House for your venue.
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 06/29/2019

Beyond Expectations and excellent

If you are deciding we’re to have the best beach wedding or any event, The Beach House in Miramar Beach, FL is the greatest place ever. Kelly Chandler and her crew are beyond awesome, professional and truly understand what an event like a wedding takes. We really appreciate how special she and the crew there made our day from the ceremony to the reception and the food was delicious (shout out to Sparks!). I would recommend you all above anyone. Thanks soooo much we really appreciate everything.

The Beach House's reply:

Thank you so much, Michelle!! We all loved getting to know you and Robert along the way!! You both are so beautiful, inside and out, and your families and loved ones are just as special and lovely! It was a truly blessed day, and we are so very grateful and honored that you allowed us to be a part of it. You all are part of The Beach House family now, and we are excited to hear about what is next in this beautiful love story! Please stay in touch and come see us soon!! (P.S. Chef Sparks sends his best, too!!)
    Stacey S. Married on 05/25/2019

Fabulous experience

We had our wedding at The Beach House over memorial weekend. It was an absolute dream! Kelly was wonderful. She had great suggestions and was very attentive throughout the entire process. The location was perfect! The food and drinks were fantastic, the DJ was tons of fun, and even the people partying on the busy beach were respectful. I am so impressed with The Beach House, and would highly encourage anyone to book a wedding with them. Absolutely a great place.

The Beach House's reply:

Thank you so much Stacey! You all were so much fun and we had a great time getting ready for your special day!! We know your marriage will be filled with laughter, love, and blessing. We are grateful that you chose to celebrate your special day with us. Please stay in touch and come see us soon!!
    Erin Married on 09/09/2017
    We had our wedding reception at the Beach House on the pool deck. The venue was perfect and has the best views of the beach and ocean! Amanda was AMAZING! She helped me plan a destination wedding in less than 7 months. She was quick to answer any questions (and I had LOTS). She even helped with recommendations on where to get my marriage license (the hotel where I got married didn't even offer to help with that). She was willing to go out of her way and help with anything needed. I had the most amazing reception thanks to Amanda! She was even able to put my mind at ease with Hurricane Irma lurking out in the ocean!
    Courtney Married on 06/10/2017
    Am wasn't AMAZING to work with when planning our wedding reception!! She was always friendly & very quick to respond to any questions we had. She was extremely respectful of our budget & was sure to help us maintain that. She also made sure we knew EXACTLY how much everything was going to cost before we actually made our final payments & there weren't any "last min surprises" that we had to pay for. On the day of, our reception was beautiful and went perfectly. The food, music, and entire atmosphere was great. We got so many compliments from our guests. Am made the entire wedding planning process so easy and stress-free (especially with it being a destination wedding). I highly recommend The Beach House to help you celebrate your special day!
    Lavasia Married on 06/08/2017
    Amanda did an amazing job with our wedding!! She is so personal and makes your vision her vision! The whole staff was very perfessional and it didn't matter what problems me and my groom thought we had, they had a resolution for it!!! I would have not changed a thing! Thank you so much!!!
    Anthony Married on 09/30/2016
    Had a destination wedding rehearsal at this venue. All correspondence was done via email and phone. This can stressful without the face to face interaction, but the experience in booking was easy and the venue was gorgeous, the food delicious, and the service amazing. There have many difference options to choose and you can build your own event if you would like. I highly recommend having any form of party at The Beach House!!
    Janice Married on 09/16/2016
    I can not say enough great things about Amanda Peterson and her staff at The Beach House and Sky Room. She goes above and beyond on every single detail. She is friendly and helpful. She is easy to contact and quick to respond. The food was absolutely amazing! We had food stations and our guest loved it. We checked many places in the area, and The Beach House and Sky Room was BY FAR the greatest choice. We and our 50+ guest are from out of town, so staying in a condo next door at Beachside Two or Luau and having the wedding and reception right next door was very convenient. You CAN NOT go wrong with this venue!
    Lauren Married on 08/03/2016
    Everyone at The Beach House is amazing! Amanda planned everything perfectly. The reception had to be moved indoors because of the storm, but the indoor venue was beautiful too. The waitstaff was so friendly/helpful, and the food was great (and reasonably priced!).
    Etty Married on 05/08/2016
    Jessica is very ambitious, holding her clients interest above anything else. She was honest and persistent to help me get the best value and the best service. She made me look like a star to my clients and that is the key to an event planner.
    She will be a great asset to the company. I would definitely recommend Beachhouse to my clients again and look forward to working with Jessica.

On the venue side, working with Jessica was a pleasure she has integrity and is un willing to sacrifice the level of service and does a wonderful job working with the venue to be able to meet the clients expectations.
  • User2458768 2+ years ago
    Leah Valentine, the Events Coordinator for The Beach House Sandestin Restaurant is AMAZING!! I cannot say enough great things about her service and my experience.

She and her team did a fantastic job providing me options for hosting my ceremony and reception at their venue when I was very early in the process of looking for venues for my destination wedding. The prices and services offered were reasonable and provided much better options for me and my guests than did the surrounding hotels/resorts offering similar services.

She communicated with me frequently and knowledgeably over my short engagement period (only 3.5 months!) and that put me at ease regarding the entire process. My parents traveled down ahead of my wedding to check out the location and met with Leah. I was unable to see the venue until my wedding weekend due to work and other responsibilities, which made me a little nervous since I'm a bit of a details freak...but I'm happy to say I was THRILLED when I finally got a chance to see the venue, both outside and inside. Beautiful!

Leah also helped me with my timeline and suggested modifications to capture the sunset on my wedding day...which I couldn't be more pleased with. Our photos turned out phenomenally!! She also coordinated the entire wedding day and our rehearsal dinner; which took a lot of stress/pressure off of me.

My wedding day was a bit of a blur of excitement and activity...but what I was most remember is being pleased with everything! The food was great, the servers were fantastic, the set-up was perfect, and my guests had a blast...everything was fantastic!! I wish I could live the day again :-)

I have no complaints and would highly recommend Leah and this venue to others looking for a beach-side location for their wedding ceremony and/or reception.

Thank you!
    Selenia Married on 05/24/2017
    Amanda Peterson is the BEST event planner! ??
    Leslie Married on 04/21/2017
    Amanda was great to work with. Everything was beautiful. You must try the mahi mahi with mango. Thank you for making the day fantastic and stress free.
    Melissa Married on 04/22/2016
    We were in the sky room, which had a lovely view. Staff was awesome, food was great,...only thing I would suggest is to update the sky room. It is dated, and since I work with art and design this was very noticeable. Other than that, I think it was great.
    Jami Married on 04/15/2017
    Throughout our wedding planning process, Amanda seemed great and loved all of the ideas that I had for the reception. I was the diy bride, made my own centerpieces and ideas for the children's activity table. I was very thorough and detailed with Amanda, communicating mostly through email and on the phone. I'm very understanding of the fact that it can be hard to remember small details when you are planning so many events at once. I thought I was receiving top notch service and that Amanda was the best person I'd ever worked with.
    But, the day before the wedding, Amanda seemed very overwhelmed by the small box, and 6 centerpieces that we brought in. We needed to pay our final balance that day, but after she took our credit card, she realized THEY HAD MADE A MISTAKE ON OUR HEADCOUNT AND THAT WE OWED MORE MONEY. Instead of eating the $170 difference that any good company would do because it was their mistake, she wanted us to pay it. They eventually fixed it. But the problems didn't stop there.
    It became obvious that Amanda did not remember much of our communication. They messed up the timing of the champagne, balled up our cotton candy into to tight balls (cotton candy is supposed to be loose). Amanda seemed very overwhelmed, and in turn overelmed us.
    I wanted to wait for our cake and cupcakes and decorations after the reception was over, but the manager, Brian, pushed me out the door. I've never felt so insulted. Upon retrieval, the cake had a massive hand print on it and we only received 6 of the 25 cupcakes left. Two of my centerpieces were completely broken from being handled harshly. They were made from manzanita, which is one of the most durable trees. The attitude we received about this is heartbreaking. you'd think when you spend thousands of dollars with a company, you deserve to be treated well. Not like this. They were just done and have no care that they damaged what we spent hours and hundreds of dollars making. review has be shortened for website

The Beach House's reply:

Jami, here at The Beach House, we pride ourselves in delivering exceptional guest service in all aspects of our operation. We are very disappointed that we did not meet expectations for your event. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we will take the information you have provided and apply solutions to all future events.