29 Reviews for The Batchelor

MC (9)
Sound/PA System (9)
Video Projection (1)
28 The Batchelor Reviews

What an awesome human being! Joel was our dj for our wedding this past Saturday and I have to say, I am so relieved that we went with him. Having a dual cultural wedding was intimidating since we felt like we had to satisfy both sides. Joel flawlessly guided us through the process and allowed us to bring our vision to life. You were a pleasure to work with. My only regret...not having the opportunity to be out on the dance floor all night long!!! P.s. I love my shirt!!!! Also, I hope you got some Chick-fil-A at the end of the night!!!!

Profile Picture Sadaf, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel was AMAZING. I had the best time at my wedding and danced so much that I still can’t walk. He definitely knows how to feel out the crowd and play the right music to get people dancing. There were guests at my wedding that I know would never dance, and within minutes I see them on the dance floor partying it up!

The music transitions were seamless, and his DJ announcements were very well done. His music request form is very easy to work with and lays out a clear timeline of when and what types of songs should be played. Joel is super accommodating and very easy to work with. When we met him in person, he was very nice and laid back, yet still made us feel assured we had all of our details worked out. He gave us really great advice throughout our talk and really understood the vibe we wanted for the different parts of our wedding. It was also really reassuring for us to know how closely he’d work with our wedding coordinator to ensure our wedding timeline would go smoothly. And it did!

He was great to work with and super quick with his email responses. All the songs I requested at my wedding were played exactly the way I wanted them to. Joel was a great sport with my guests and everyone couldn’t stop raving how good our DJ was. Thanks again, Joel!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/4/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

I had such a great experience with Joel that I can hardly say what he did. Joel was probably my easiest, lowest-maintenance vendor for my whole wedding. He blended into all existing plans without issue. The music was phenomenal and he paid very close attention to our selections. Our first dance choice is a really long song. He made sure to go over it and find a working place to stop so we weren't dancing forever. His mixes were the perfect combo of family and fun. Not cheesy like a lot of wedding DJs trying to keep things super clean on the dance floor (though music was still clean) . And did I mention the t-shirts?! Great!!!

Profile Picture lindsey, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We absolutely loved having Joel as our wedding DJ. My husband is in the industry and is extremely picky about wedding music, but having Joel made him feel confident in the day and how much fun we would have. Working with Joel in advance was a pleasure, and he was extremely responsive with my many questions and even last-minute changes. And of course, most importantly, everyone danced all night at our wedding, and we heard rave reviews from family and friends. I would highly recommend booking Joel!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/23/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

After our wedding, we received rave reviews about Joel! My husband and I told him we wanted a big dance party all night long, and that's exactly what we got. Joel listened to our likes and dislikes, addressed any concerns, and was open to our unique ideas throughout the planning process. If we ever need a DJ again, we would hire him in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Joel was a truly stellar DJ. We had a diverse range of guests and I can honestly say that we had people from age 2 to age 72 up and dancing during our reception!

But, let's be honest, while it's awesome to have a DJ that can pack a playlist full of danceable music, what really makes a vendor is when they make the couple's job easier. On this, Joel delivered. He was responsive and proactive, working with us to find out our musical interests and even helping to edit our ceremony music to fit within our programming. He told us exactly what he needed on the day-of, and coordinated with our other vendors to make sure they could work together seamlessly.

He was awesome on our wedding day, too: When a rainy forecast threatened our outdoor ceremony, we had to make a last-minute decision on whether or not to move the ceremony and cocktail hour under-cover. We thankfully were able to have the ceremony outdoors - music and all - but decided to move our cocktail hour into the covered barn where we hosted our reception. It was only later that I realized this required an incredible amount of last-minute work from Joel: He had to find a new location for his audio equipment which would be safe from the weather but still audible to our guests at the ceremony, take down that equipment in heavy rain, and then be ready to go to announce us halfway through cocktail hour. I still have no idea how it all happened, and to me that's the mark of an amazing vendor because it means it was "handled" without my involvement or stress on the wedding day.

I'd highly recommend Joel to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He was great to work with before, during, and one of our favorite vendors.

Profile Picture Renee, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

joel made our wedding party more than we could have dreamed of. he had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and we could not have been more pleased. he totally got our vision and was so easy to work with. i would book him again in a heartbeat. thank you so much joel!!!

Profile Picture austin, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joel was our DJ for our wedding on May 5, 2018 and he did a fantastic job!

He was very friendly and responsive during the planning process, and we appreciated his honest, unique approach. He wanted us to define the feel of the wedding and choose our "Must Plays" but also was hoping we would be open minded. He said his job is to read the crowd and if we were okay with it, he may play a song that we don't love but the crowd might. He said if we hand picked every song, we may just sit around and listen to our favorite songs or, he could play what our guests wanted and have a dance party! He did an amazing job blending the two. He played our Must Plays and also used the style of those songs to help him pick some crowd favorites that matched the vibe we wanted. Our guests danced from 7:30pm - 10pm, non-stop and that was all thanks to Joel!!

We highly recommend Joel - you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

Joel was all you could want and more from a DJ. Our guests were literally on the dance floor from start to finish, and we had SUCH a blast! He had asked us for some suggestions of songs and things we didn't want to hear, but the best was his ability to read the crowd and keep everything flowing. Also, his pricing is very reasonable for the DMV area, some of the quotes I got were out of control.

Profile Picture Kiki, 5/4/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel was AMAZING from planning to the wedding. He was easy to work with and was able to understand what we wanted and had great suggestions and additions to our music selection. All of our guests couldn’t stop raving about how great the music was and how Joel kept the party going. If you are looking for a DJ who knows how to have a great time you should go with Joel Batchelor!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel gave us the party we were looking for at our wedding! He did so much more than just plugging in a playlist. He was in tune with what the crowd wanted and also played all of the songs we asked him to. He was a true pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture madelyn, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a great experience working with Joel and he did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He was super easy to work with and very patient as we figured out our music choices. Joel did a great job setting up a sound system for our ceremony and toasts during dinner, and then of course ensured we had a great time on the dance floor! Everything was perfect. The t-shirts with our names were a nice touch, too!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel was such an incredible DJ! We were lucky to have his expertise and help along the wedding music planning process. He puts such a personal touch on everything he does and made us feel like a unique and important client of his. Hire Joel for an incredibly fun night and a great collaborator for you perfect wedding day atmosphere! Thank you Joel for all you did for us!

Profile Picture Krista, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Joel is the best! He was great to work with before, had awesome recommendations and made our night perfect. People were dancing all night long and several people told us how great he was. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have made a better decision going with Joel! First off, Joel is extremely responsive and committed to making sure that you and your spouse know exactly what's going on with the day and are comfortable with the plan. A few examples of how Joel did this: (1) Unprompted, Joel shared a google doc with us that we used to provide ideas about what we wanted played at our wedding; (2) Joel spent 2 hours with me on the phone one evening walking me through the entire flow of the day and provided examples of how he had seen it done before to help me make decisions; and (3) Joel met my spouse and I during his lunch break to finalize all the details for the day - and that was all in preparation for the wedding! On the actual day, Joel showed up to the venue early to make sure things were set up. He accommodated our unique set up and ensured that we had the right music playing on the right floor at the right time - without skipping a beat. When it came to the party portion of the night - Joel simply threw down! We danced for 2 hours non-stop and could have kept on going. Several people who attended the wedding have already asked for Joel's contact information to potentially use him for their special wedding day. You simply cannot go wrong with hiring Joel. I am not sure if my name shows up with the post but if it does, please reach out to Joel and get my contact information and I will be willing to speak with you. If it does not show up, just ask Joel about the "exemplary" wedding dance party and he will know exactly who you are talking about.

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Before we give our own experience with Joel as bride & groom, it is important to share quotes from our guests (whose positive experience was paramount to us).
"Until your wedding, I thought all receptions were supposed to be awkward with little dancing."
"I thought we were going home early, but we danced all night."
"I'm sorry I didn't eat your dessert I was too busy dancing."
"I've NEVER been to a wedding dance party like this"
"perfect song transitions"
"We had fun because your dj had fun"

As the music for our entire wedding, Joel was the sound track for 4 separate parties. The event started with a champagne -cheese reception which we wanted to be relaxed, but elegant. Joel listened to us and delivered great ideas. The ceremony was a mixture of silly and meaningful and Joel adeptly made those transitions natural and seamless. The cocktail hour was enhanced by the music because it naturally blended into the buzz of the room. For the reception, once again we shared our intention and Joel delivered the right mixture of songs so that our guests could move in their seats while also holding conversations.

Dancing after our dinner was made fun by Joel. We had a few ideas on how we could play with the idea of a first dance because we were really not interested in a crowd of people watching us slow dance. Joel spent a great deal of time helping us think through how we could surprise our guests while not having to spend a lot of time choreographing or practicing.

Joel is unique because when he is part of your day he is truly part of YOUR day. He wants to help you bring your ideas and experiences into reality. Thank you Joel for making us feel so special and the genuine, infectious joy you brought to our wedding!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel is very easy to work with. We had a great time. He is open to communication and he gave us very useful suggestions! Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Huili, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joel was great to work with. He was responsive and was easy to communicate with over the phone, in person, and over email. In terms of music, he did a great job listening to our wishes, but he also is willing to provide his own suggestions, drawn from his other DJing experiences and personal thoughts. On the dancefloor, it was obvious that he paid attention to crowd engagement. Additionally, he did most of the emceeing services for my wedding and he was enthusiastic, fun, and professional. I provided a breakdown of the schedule and announcements/introductions over Google Docs and at the rehearsal and he stuck to it and even learned the hard-to-pronounce names of our friends and family members!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel DJ'd our wedding in May 2017 and did a fantastic job. We got a lot of compliments on the music throughout the night and everyone was on the dance floor at one point or another. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joel is very flexible to work with and will respond to you in a very timely manner. You can also request him ANY song and he will find it for you. Most importantly, he will genuinely care about YOUR wedding like his and you can feel his warmth throughout the wedding :)

Profile Picture Yumi, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel was amazing. He took all of my suggestions and played most of the songs on my playlist. A number of our guests complimented him and even asked to have his information to possibly use him in the future for events. We danced so much and had the best time. It made our wedding day everythign we hoped it would be.

Profile Picture Julia, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Joey is very likable and professional. I loved how he dressed to match our colors. He listened to what we wanted & did what asked him to do. He kept the dance floor packed all night too! Super awesome would hire him for every event. Hire him and you won't be disappointed. Believe you can't redo this special day!!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Batchelor was a superb DJ who kept everyone on the dance floor until the party had to end when the lights came on! He was very professional and easy to work with, incorporating feedback on the playlist, adding other songs that reflected the music styles/preferences of the special guests, and responding to real-time requests! His work was high quality with guests asking for his contact information for their events. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7627199, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever! Joel keeps the party going and there is never a song you won't dance to. He is one of the most talented DJs I know!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/21/16, 1 Review