The Batchelor Reviews

The Batchelor 6
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2018

Joel is the best!

We hired Joel after we saw him in action when he DJ’d our friends’ wedding, and we’re glad we did! Joel was fantastic - from his enthusiasm on our initial call, to his expertise, to his professionalism on our big day. He did an amazing job reading the room and keeping the dance party going all night. Super friendly, and he only added to the amazing experience we had that day. Hire him!

Sent on 11/23/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

I had so much fun with you & Joe! What a beautiful ceremony & reception...you guys definitely have an eye for detail & I am truly thankful to have been a part of it all! I'm thrilled to hear your thoughts on the day & I am honored to have been a part of the start of your lives together! #LetsHearItForLaCroix

Alyssa · Married on 09/29/2018

Joel is phenomenal! My now-husband and I had absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for a DJ. Joel was recommended to us by a coordinator at a wedding venue that we actually didn't book - and I can't even tell you how glad I am we toured said venue if only because it connected us with Joel. My husband and I - and our families - have taste in music that's very all-over-the-place, but we all love dancing at weddings. To this day, I have no idea how Joel made our tastes - and his own wonderful suggestions - work so amazingly well! It was the perfect blend (which Joel genuinely mixed) of throwbacks that kept our-otherwise-shy families on the dance floor, blended with top music from today, and our own classic favorites. Joel provided us with a Google Doc to add our suggestions, and my husband and I had way too much fun with it - so much so that I'm sure we inundated Joel. Instead of being overwhelmed, Joel was gracious and somehow absorbed everything that meant the most -- he even remembered that I had mentioned playing my parents' first dance song (something I had completely forgotten!) and it was SUCH a huge surprise for them. Add to that, Joel was a wonderful emcee, and the entire night flowed smoothly in large part because of his talent and efforts. We didn't really get pricing quotes from other area DJs, but Joel was definitely reasonable -- and he coordinated getting his equipment set up in both our cocktail hour and reception space without needing anything from us, which meant the world as it was one thing we never had to stress over.

Sent on 10/11/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

I'm happy that you guys enjoyed everything! Your reception was definitely one to remember! I had such a great time with you guys! Your kind words mean the world, and I definitely appreciate the time that you took out of your day to provide feedback for me! Thanks so much!

Steven · Married on 09/15/2018

Joel is the absolute best. Hands down. He is attentive to your questions, concerns, and requests as well as helpful in his recommendations and tips for your special wedding day. He shared with us a Doc that allowed me and my fiancee (now wife) pick out all the music for the ceremony and reception with ease. He was so flexible that he adapted to last minute changes with no sweat. All of our music and timing was spot on perfect that I couldn't think of any way it could've been better. If you're looking for a DJ for your special day, look no further than the man with the best name in the wedding DJ industry: DJ Batchelor.

Sent on 09/16/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

I had such an awesome time with you guys! You were both truly a breeze & all of the other vendors were amazing & I just had such a great day with you both! It was great to see everyone dancing & the introductions stole the show! Weddings are really memorable when couples incorporate such fun touches to make their day unique, personal, and exceptional! Cheers to you both!

Elizabeth + Stuart · Married on 09/08/2018

Can't Recommend Enough!

From our initial point of communication, we were impressed by Joel’s dedication to and care for his clients. Of the DJs we spoke to, he spent the most time with us understanding what we were looking for and making us feel less like “just another (formulaic) booking” — resulting in us feeling confident that he would do our vision justice. Joel did a walkthrough of the venue with us and responded quickly to every email. He had a collaborative attitude, letting us dictate as much of the day’s playlists as we wanted (which was quite a lot!). Even though it was drizzling before our outdoor ceremony, he worked with our venue to get a cover for his equipment so that it wasn’t an issue when we chose to still have it outside. Our reception playlist especially was long as there are so many songs we love - and Joel made excellent transitions, leaving no song left unplayed. I legitimately remember thinking as he moved from one song to another that I never would have put the two together, but that it WORKED. And it totally did - he had everyone up and moving, even friends who claim to not like dancing! My husband and I are suckers for matching clothes, so the personalized t-shirts were an added bonus. And as an EXTRA added bonus, Joel created and shared the Spotify playlists he made of our requests, so we get to relive the soundtrack of our day. Joel is kind, genuine, and knows how to groove, we simply could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/29/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

Long playlists are great when your taste in music is so amazing! I had such a good time with you guys, and am truly honored to be a part of the great memories of the official start of your lives together. Thanks so much again for having me! :-)

Sadaf · Married on 08/11/2018

What an awesome human being! Joel was our dj for our wedding this past Saturday and I have to say, I am so relieved that we went with him. Having a dual cultural wedding was intimidating since we felt like we had to satisfy both sides. Joel flawlessly guided us through the process and allowed us to bring our vision to life. You were a pleasure to work with. My only regret...not having the opportunity to be out on the dance floor all night long!!! P.s. I love my shirt!!!! Also, I hope you got some Chick-fil-A at the end of the night!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

CAN YOU BELIEVE I TOTALLY MISSED OUT ON CHICK-FIL-A? I will never live that down. You guys are both so awesome & everything looked & went so amazing! I've definitely already been telling my new couples about your day & hoping that they choose to draw inspiration from you! Thank you so much for your kind words & I was truly honored to be a part of such a beautiful reception!

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2018

Joel was AMAZING. I had the best time at my wedding and danced so much that I still can’t walk. He definitely knows how to feel out the crowd and play the right music to get people dancing. There were guests at my wedding that I know would never dance, and within minutes I see them on the dance floor partying it up!

The music transitions were seamless, and his DJ announcements were very well done. His music request form is very easy to work with and lays out a clear timeline of when and what types of songs should be played. Joel is super accommodating and very easy to work with. When we met him in person, he was very nice and laid back, yet still made us feel assured we had all of our details worked out. He gave us really great advice throughout our talk and really understood the vibe we wanted for the different parts of our wedding. It was also really reassuring for us to know how closely he’d work with our wedding coordinator to ensure our wedding timeline would go smoothly. And it did!

He was great to work with and super quick with his email responses. All the songs I requested at my wedding were played exactly the way I wanted them to. Joel was a great sport with my guests and everyone couldn’t stop raving how good our DJ was. Thanks again, Joel!!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

THANK YOU!! Reviews like this & weddings like yours are what really keep me excited about DJing weddings! I had such a blast with you guys & I am so thankful that everyone enjoyed themselves! Thanks so much for your kind words!!

lindsey · Married on 06/30/2018

I had such a great experience with Joel that I can hardly say what he did. Joel was probably my easiest, lowest-maintenance vendor for my whole wedding. He blended into all existing plans without issue. The music was phenomenal and he paid very close attention to our selections. Our first dance choice is a really long song. He made sure to go over it and find a working place to stop so we weren't dancing forever. His mixes were the perfect combo of family and fun. Not cheesy like a lot of wedding DJs trying to keep things super clean on the dance floor (though music was still clean) . And did I mention the t-shirts?! Great!!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

I had such a great time with you guys! I'm so happy that I was able to "blend in" to the background & let you concentrate on enjoying your day! I think that the goal of any vendor is to come in & do the work that they were hired to do without adding extra work or stress on the client, and it really makes me happy that I was able to accomplish this with you guys! Thanks so much for your kind words also...I know the review process can be tedious, but it's awesome that you guys took the time out for me! :-)

Leah · Married on 06/23/2018

We absolutely loved having Joel as our wedding DJ. My husband is in the industry and is extremely picky about wedding music, but having Joel made him feel confident in the day and how much fun we would have. Working with Joel in advance was a pleasure, and he was extremely responsive with my many questions and even last-minute changes. And of course, most importantly, everyone danced all night at our wedding, and we heard rave reviews from family and friends. I would highly recommend booking Joel!

Sent on 07/06/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

Working with you guys was an absolute pleasure, and I definitely enjoyed the challenge of trying to impress an industry vet! I'm thrilled to hear that you guys had as much fun as I did! :-)
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

After our wedding, we received rave reviews about Joel! My husband and I told him we wanted a big dance party all night long, and that's exactly what we got. Joel listened to our likes and dislikes, addressed any concerns, and was open to our unique ideas throughout the planning process. If we ever need a DJ again, we would hire him in a heartbeat!

• Renee

Renee · Married on 06/02/2018

Joel was a truly stellar DJ. We had a diverse range of guests and I can honestly say that we had people from age 2 to age 72 up and dancing during our reception!

But, let's be honest, while it's awesome to have a DJ that can pack a playlist full of danceable music, what really makes a vendor is when they make the couple's job easier. On this, Joel delivered. He was responsive and proactive, working with us to find out our musical interests and even helping to edit our ceremony music to fit within our programming. He told us exactly what he needed on the day-of, and coordinated with our other vendors to make sure they could work together seamlessly.

He was awesome on our wedding day, too: When a rainy forecast threatened our outdoor ceremony, we had to make a last-minute decision on whether or not to move the ceremony and cocktail hour under-cover. We thankfully were able to have the ceremony outdoors - music and all - but decided to move our cocktail hour into the covered barn where we hosted our reception. It was only later that I realized this required an incredible amount of last-minute work from Joel: He had to find a new location for his audio equipment which would be safe from the weather but still audible to our guests at the ceremony, take down that equipment in heavy rain, and then be ready to go to announce us halfway through cocktail hour. I still have no idea how it all happened, and to me that's the mark of an amazing vendor because it means it was "handled" without my involvement or stress on the wedding day.

I'd highly recommend Joel to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. He was great to work with before, during, and one of our favorite vendors.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    The Batchelor 10
    The Batchelor 11
    The Batchelor 12

The Batchelor's reply:

Guys, I can’t thank you enough for your amazing words! I hope to do all of this without you noticing as you always have enough to worry about on your big day! It was such an honor to work on behalf of you both & I truly had a blast making your day a success! Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of it!

austin · Married on 05/12/2018

joel made our wedding party more than we could have dreamed of. he had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and we could not have been more pleased. he totally got our vision and was so easy to work with. i would book him again in a heartbeat. thank you so much joel!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

It was truly amazing to see you guys out there for your first dance! I'm sure the pictures will be really unique! It was amazing to see your friends & family out there enjoying themselves! I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed the music & truly honored to be chosen among all of your other amazing vendors to be a part of your day! Thanks so much again for having me!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/05/2018

Joel was our DJ for our wedding on May 5, 2018 and he did a fantastic job!

He was very friendly and responsive during the planning process, and we appreciated his honest, unique approach. He wanted us to define the feel of the wedding and choose our "Must Plays" but also was hoping we would be open minded. He said his job is to read the crowd and if we were okay with it, he may play a song that we don't love but the crowd might. He said if we hand picked every song, we may just sit around and listen to our favorite songs or, he could play what our guests wanted and have a dance party! He did an amazing job blending the two. He played our Must Plays and also used the style of those songs to help him pick some crowd favorites that matched the vibe we wanted. Our guests danced from 7:30pm - 10pm, non-stop and that was all thanks to Joel!!

We highly recommend Joel - you will not regret it.

Sent on 05/11/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

I had an absolute blast with you guys!! It was such an honor to be a part of your day! I’m glad that everyone had so much fun & really...I talked about how much everyone was dancing and how even though it was a little cool out we had the fans BLASTING in that tent! What a great night! Cheers to you guys, and hopefully you’ll continue to cherish the awesome start to your lives together!!
  • Kiki

Kiki · Married on 05/04/2018

Joel was all you could want and more from a DJ. Our guests were literally on the dance floor from start to finish, and we had SUCH a blast! He had asked us for some suggestions of songs and things we didn't want to hear, but the best was his ability to read the crowd and keep everything flowing. Also, his pricing is very reasonable for the DMV area, some of the quotes I got were out of control.

Sent on 05/08/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

Kiki & Rob, I was so happy to be able to be a part of your day! I had an awesome time with you both! Congratulations on an amazing party & all the best to both of you! :-)

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

Joel was AMAZING from planning to the wedding. He was easy to work with and was able to understand what we wanted and had great suggestions and additions to our music selection. All of our guests couldn’t stop raving about how great the music was and how Joel kept the party going. If you are looking for a DJ who knows how to have a great time you should go with Joel Batchelor!

Sent on 04/27/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

You were both so awesome & I had such a great time at your wedding! Guests were literally ready to party half way through dinner! Your great selections definitely made my "work" easy & fun! I can't wait to see pictures! Thanks so much again for allowing me to be a part of such an awesome day!

madelyn · Married on 12/02/2017

Joel gave us the party we were looking for at our wedding! He did so much more than just plugging in a playlist. He was in tune with what the crowd wanted and also played all of the songs we asked him to. He was a true pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/15/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Thank you so SO much for your kind words & I hope that you guys enjoyed Vietnam! All the pictures looked awesome! Hopefully we'll get a chance to catch up once you guys are back in town! Thanks again!!

Andrew · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a great experience working with Joel and he did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He was super easy to work with and very patient as we figured out our music choices. Joel did a great job setting up a sound system for our ceremony and toasts during dinner, and then of course ensured we had a great time on the dance floor! Everything was perfect. The t-shirts with our names were a nice touch, too!

Sent on 10/10/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

I had such a great time at your wedding! Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave feedback! It was great to see everyone out dancing & enjoying themselves. Hopefully the pictures are ready soon so that I can check them out!!

Krista · Married on 09/30/2017

Joel was such an incredible DJ! We were lucky to have his expertise and help along the wedding music planning process. He puts such a personal touch on everything he does and made us feel like a unique and important client of his. Hire Joel for an incredibly fun night and a great collaborator for you perfect wedding day atmosphere! Thank you Joel for all you did for us!

Sent on 01/27/2018

The Batchelor's reply:

Thanks so much for taking time out to comment! I had such a great time at your wedding! You guys definitely made it easy, and I was happy to see everyone dancing & enjoying themselves! Be sure to send some pictures my way if available!!

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Joel is the best! He was great to work with before, had awesome recommendations and made our night perfect. People were dancing all night long and several people told us how great he was. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Thank you so very much for your feedback! I had such a great time at your wedding & it was great to meet & get to know you both! All the best to you & Chris!

Andrew · Married on 09/09/2017

We could not have made a better decision going with Joel! First off, Joel is extremely responsive and committed to making sure that you and your spouse know exactly what's going on with the day and are comfortable with the plan. A few examples of how Joel did this: (1) Unprompted, Joel shared a google doc with us that we used to provide ideas about what we wanted played at our wedding; (2) Joel spent 2 hours with me on the phone one evening walking me through the entire flow of the day and provided examples of how he had seen it done before to help me make decisions; and (3) Joel met my spouse and I during his lunch break to finalize all the details for the day - and that was all in preparation for the wedding! On the actual day, Joel showed up to the venue early to make sure things were set up. He accommodated our unique set up and ensured that we had the right music playing on the right floor at the right time - without skipping a beat. When it came to the party portion of the night - Joel simply threw down! We danced for 2 hours non-stop and could have kept on going. Several people who attended the wedding have already asked for Joel's contact information to potentially use him for their special wedding day. You simply cannot go wrong with hiring Joel. I am not sure if my name shows up with the post but if it does, please reach out to Joel and get my contact information and I will be willing to speak with you. If it does not show up, just ask Joel about the "exemplary" wedding dance party and he will know exactly who you are talking about.

Sent on 09/25/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

You guys are so awesome, & your party was definitely EXEMPLARY haha I had so much fun being a part of you guys' wedding! You guys both made my work such a pleasure, & I am so honored to have been a part of your day. Thanks so much for everything! You guys are the best!!

Mary · Married on 09/03/2017

Before we give our own experience with Joel as bride & groom, it is important to share quotes from our guests (whose positive experience was paramount to us).
    "Until your wedding, I thought all receptions were supposed to be awkward with little dancing."
    "I thought we were going home early, but we danced all night."
    "I'm sorry I didn't eat your dessert I was too busy dancing."
    "I've NEVER been to a wedding dance party like this"
    "perfect song transitions"
    "We had fun because your dj had fun"

As the music for our entire wedding, Joel was the sound track for 4 separate parties. The event started with a champagne -cheese reception which we wanted to be relaxed, but elegant. Joel listened to us and delivered great ideas. The ceremony was a mixture of silly and meaningful and Joel adeptly made those transitions natural and seamless. The cocktail hour was enhanced by the music because it naturally blended into the buzz of the room. For the reception, once again we shared our intention and Joel delivered the right mixture of songs so that our guests could move in their seats while also holding conversations.

Dancing after our dinner was made fun by Joel. We had a few ideas on how we could play with the idea of a first dance because we were really not interested in a crowd of people watching us slow dance. Joel spent a great deal of time helping us think through how we could surprise our guests while not having to spend a lot of time choreographing or practicing.

Joel is unique because when he is part of your day he is truly part of YOUR day. He wants to help you bring your ideas and experiences into reality. Thank you Joel for making us feel so special and the genuine, infectious joy you brought to our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Your day was truly amazing and it was such a joy to be a part of! It was truly a pleasure to meet your both & I had so much fun at your wedding! You guys really brought the ideas & the day to life, and working with a couple like you can't even be considered work. It was definitely a pleasure!

Huili · Married on 09/02/2017

Joel is very easy to work with. We had a great time. He is open to communication and he gave us very useful suggestions! Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/30/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Thank you so very much Huili! I had such an amazing time with you guys! All the best to you both & I hope to catch up with you soon!

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Joel was great to work with. He was responsive and was easy to communicate with over the phone, in person, and over email. In terms of music, he did a great job listening to our wishes, but he also is willing to provide his own suggestions, drawn from his other DJing experiences and personal thoughts. On the dancefloor, it was obvious that he paid attention to crowd engagement. Additionally, he did most of the emceeing services for my wedding and he was enthusiastic, fun, and professional. I provided a breakdown of the schedule and announcements/introductions over Google Docs and at the rehearsal and he stuck to it and even learned the hard-to-pronounce names of our friends and family members!

Sent on 08/01/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

It was such an immense pleasure to be a part of your day! You were both so easy to work with & you really made my work a pleasure. :-)

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2017

Joel DJ'd our wedding in May 2017 and did a fantastic job. We got a lot of compliments on the music throughout the night and everyone was on the dance floor at one point or another. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 06/16/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for me! I really appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your amazing day! :-)
  • Y

Yumi · Married on 05/07/2017

Joel is very flexible to work with and will respond to you in a very timely manner. You can also request him ANY song and he will find it for you. Most importantly, he will genuinely care about YOUR wedding like his and you can feel his warmth throughout the wedding :)

Sent on 05/24/2017

The Batchelor's reply:

Thanks so much for your amazing review & I had such a great time at your wedding! Best wishes & congratulations to you & Jorge!