19 Reviews for The Batchelor

Microphones (5)
Sound/PA System (4)
Video Projection (1)
18 The Batchelor Reviews

Joel gave us the party we were looking for at our wedding! He did so much more than just plugging in a playlist. He was in tune with what the crowd wanted and also played all of the songs we asked him to. He was a true pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture madelyn, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a great experience working with Joel and he did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He was super easy to work with and very patient as we figured out our music choices. Joel did a great job setting up a sound system for our ceremony and toasts during dinner, and then of course ensured we had a great time on the dance floor! Everything was perfect. The t-shirts with our names were a nice touch, too!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel was such an incredible DJ! We were lucky to have his expertise and help along the wedding music planning process. He puts such a personal touch on everything he does and made us feel like a unique and important client of his. Hire Joel for an incredibly fun night and a great collaborator for you perfect wedding day atmosphere! Thank you Joel for all you did for us!

Profile Picture Krista, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Joel is the best! He was great to work with before, had awesome recommendations and made our night perfect. People were dancing all night long and several people told us how great he was. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have made a better decision going with Joel! First off, Joel is extremely responsive and committed to making sure that you and your spouse know exactly what's going on with the day and are comfortable with the plan. A few examples of how Joel did this: (1) Unprompted, Joel shared a google doc with us that we used to provide ideas about what we wanted played at our wedding; (2) Joel spent 2 hours with me on the phone one evening walking me through the entire flow of the day and provided examples of how he had seen it done before to help me make decisions; and (3) Joel met my spouse and I during his lunch break to finalize all the details for the day - and that was all in preparation for the wedding! On the actual day, Joel showed up to the venue early to make sure things were set up. He accommodated our unique set up and ensured that we had the right music playing on the right floor at the right time - without skipping a beat. When it came to the party portion of the night - Joel simply threw down! We danced for 2 hours non-stop and could have kept on going. Several people who attended the wedding have already asked for Joel's contact information to potentially use him for their special wedding day. You simply cannot go wrong with hiring Joel. I am not sure if my name shows up with the post but if it does, please reach out to Joel and get my contact information and I will be willing to speak with you. If it does not show up, just ask Joel about the "exemplary" wedding dance party and he will know exactly who you are talking about.

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Before we give our own experience with Joel as bride & groom, it is important to share quotes from our guests (whose positive experience was paramount to us).
"Until your wedding, I thought all receptions were supposed to be awkward with little dancing."
"I thought we were going home early, but we danced all night."
"I'm sorry I didn't eat your dessert I was too busy dancing."
"I've NEVER been to a wedding dance party like this"
"perfect song transitions"
"We had fun because your dj had fun"

As the music for our entire wedding, Joel was the sound track for 4 separate parties. The event started with a champagne -cheese reception which we wanted to be relaxed, but elegant. Joel listened to us and delivered great ideas. The ceremony was a mixture of silly and meaningful and Joel adeptly made those transitions natural and seamless. The cocktail hour was enhanced by the music because it naturally blended into the buzz of the room. For the reception, once again we shared our intention and Joel delivered the right mixture of songs so that our guests could move in their seats while also holding conversations.

Dancing after our dinner was made fun by Joel. We had a few ideas on how we could play with the idea of a first dance because we were really not interested in a crowd of people watching us slow dance. Joel spent a great deal of time helping us think through how we could surprise our guests while not having to spend a lot of time choreographing or practicing.

Joel is unique because when he is part of your day he is truly part of YOUR day. He wants to help you bring your ideas and experiences into reality. Thank you Joel for making us feel so special and the genuine, infectious joy you brought to our wedding!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel is very easy to work with. We had a great time. He is open to communication and he gave us very useful suggestions! Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Huili, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joel was great to work with. He was responsive and was easy to communicate with over the phone, in person, and over email. In terms of music, he did a great job listening to our wishes, but he also is willing to provide his own suggestions, drawn from his other DJing experiences and personal thoughts. On the dancefloor, it was obvious that he paid attention to crowd engagement. Additionally, he did most of the emceeing services for my wedding and he was enthusiastic, fun, and professional. I provided a breakdown of the schedule and announcements/introductions over Google Docs and at the rehearsal and he stuck to it and even learned the hard-to-pronounce names of our friends and family members!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel DJ'd our wedding in May 2017 and did a fantastic job. We got a lot of compliments on the music throughout the night and everyone was on the dance floor at one point or another. He was very engaged and enthusiastic. Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joel is very flexible to work with and will respond to you in a very timely manner. You can also request him ANY song and he will find it for you. Most importantly, he will genuinely care about YOUR wedding like his and you can feel his warmth throughout the wedding :)

Profile Picture Yumi, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel was amazing. He took all of my suggestions and played most of the songs on my playlist. A number of our guests complimented him and even asked to have his information to possibly use him in the future for events. We danced so much and had the best time. It made our wedding day everythign we hoped it would be.

Profile Picture Julia, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Joey is very likable and professional. I loved how he dressed to match our colors. He listened to what we wanted & did what asked him to do. He kept the dance floor packed all night too! Super awesome would hire him for every event. Hire him and you won't be disappointed. Believe you can't redo this special day!!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Batchelor was a superb DJ who kept everyone on the dance floor until the party had to end when the lights came on! He was very professional and easy to work with, incorporating feedback on the playlist, adding other songs that reflected the music styles/preferences of the special guests, and responding to real-time requests! His work was high quality with guests asking for his contact information for their events. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7627199, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever! Joel keeps the party going and there is never a song you won't dance to. He is one of the most talented DJs I know!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

All we can say is that Joel really rocked it! He took the time to really help us make our wedding special which included not just DJ'ing the dinner and the reception, but helping our friends come up with the special music that they needed for the ceremony and the toasts. Joel is kind, attentive and super easy to work with. He really listened to what we wanted and he delivered! Everyone had a great time! I have had more than one person tell me that he is the best DJ that they have ever heard at a wedding. Proof of that is that someone who attended the wedding has already hired him to do another event. We really couldn't be happier. And, we would not hesitate for one second to recommend him to anyone who needed his services!!

Profile Picture User7416782, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do we begin.... Joel is amazing! He DJ'ed our wedding last month and really hit it out of the park. From the get-go he was very responsive and professional. As someone who cared a lot about our wedding music, I felt reassured that Joel listened to my ideas and made our wedding playlist very personal. He was open to finding the more obscure songs I requested and made sure everything was just how we planned it. Meanwhile staying totally calm and he always has a smile. He is a great guy and I couldn't recommend him more! It felt like having a friend there on our wedding day. A++! Thanks again, Joel!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our guests couldn't stop raving about Joel! And we were so fortunate to have him because he was so professional and accommodating.

My wife and I had our wedding in DuPont Circle but we currently live in New York so planning with our vendors wasn't always the easiest. Joel made the time to see us on a Saturday after he had just done a job and then constantly followed up with us to see if we needed to speak with him over the phone or meet again. It showed us that he took a lot of pride in what he did and cares about his clients' opinions.

Also in that regard, Joel asked my wife and I for a lot of input and by the time the wedding came around it was very clear that Joel took our input to heart. His playlist was perfect and really captured the music that my wife, myself, and all of our guests love to get down to.

Last point to mention is that there was a little bit of a scheduling conflict during the actual wedding and Joel had to adapt and overcome a hurdle which he did without any complaints and so smoothly.

All in all, my wife and I were over the moon with Joel. He was professional, accommodating, and took all of our input seriously. I would highly recommend him to anyone hosting a wedding or large event in the Washington DC Metro area.

Profile Picture Richard, 11/11/17, 1 Review