The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel Reviews

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 4
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 5

cari ouellette · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing!

I have to give Courtney Klein, the Social Catering Sales Manager, the best review. SHE IS AMAZING. Courtney is super knowledgeable, calm and helpful. She replies to emails in a timely manner and if she doesn't have an answer right away, she will get you one. When we initially booked our wedding, Katelyn was our contact person and after she left, Courtney took over. I felt a little nervous because I had really liked Katelyn and had already been communicating with her. Courtney totally made me feel at ease and the transition to her taking over was seamless. I can not say enough great things about Courtney.

In addition to Courtney's great customer service, the entire staff is amazing - all levels, all departments. We received the absolute best treatment. Our food was amazing, the service was outstanding, I truly cannot say enough great things about this place. THANKS SO MUCH!

Sent on 01/02/2019

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 8
    The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 9
    Sent on 10/03/2017

Susan · Married on 08/31/2018

We can’t say enough about the excellent experience we had at the Baronette-Renaissance Hotel. We worked with several people through every step of the planning process. Our rehearsal dinner at The Toasred Oak Grill was outstanding. Our Wedding ceremony and reception was a dream come true, exactly what we invisioned. The Event Coordonators and the Banquet Center Manager went to great lengths to make sure every detail was to our liking. We had so many compliments on the excellence of the food and wait staff. We received a lot of feedback on how beautifuly perfect the venue was.

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 10
    Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 08/18/2018

We got married at this hotel last night and it was quite literally perfection. Courtney, the catering manager, was a true gem. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests and far exceeded our already high expectations. We were given top tier treatment from day 1. I can't explain the service we received from the hotel in any other way except perfection. I would highly recommend this to any bride looking for an all inclusive venue that will treat you like royalty. The food was hot and delicious (we had the dijon chicken and salmon duet), and the drinks were strong(signature cocktails, champagne toast, and a full top shelf open bar all included in our package), and the rooms were recently renovated (clean, roomy, and ready in a timely manner). Total 5 star place!

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 11
    The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 12
    The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel 13
    Sent on 08/19/2018

Jenine · Married on 04/22/2017

This hotel was the perfect venue for our wedding. The staff was incredibly friendly and worked extremely hard to make our day flawless! Everything was stunning and the perfect place to complete our vision. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/05/2013

The Baronette Renaissance was a wonderful place to have my wedding! I was treated really well by the staff from the very beginning through to the very end. Amber Gaines was my Baronette Wedding Planner, and she worked with me to make sure that the day would go exactly the way that I wanted it. During the planning phases, I was able to email her questions and received prompt answers, plus I met with her several times. The tasting that was arranged was wonderful, and Amber used that time as well to make sure that the final details of the wedding were set so I wouldn't have to worry about anything on the day. My room block for my guests was easy and the price was great, especially for a hotel of this caliber. My guests were very impressed when they checked in with the amenities offered as well as the restaurant.

I was able to drop off everything that needed to be set out for the wedding (place cards, card box, table numbers, favors, cake topper, etc) the Friday before the wedding and they set up everything for me so I didn't have to do anything the day of the wedding except get ready! I did cupcakes for my dessert (brought in from a bakery) but I had a cake from the hotel so that the Groom & I had something to cut... we decorated it with zombie figurines trying to crawl up the cake and the pastry chef even humored us by having little red gel blobs of "blood" on the cake... our cake topper was a bride & groom with guns, and we incorporated the zombies since we met through on online zombie survival game!

The ceremony & reception went wonderfully, the hotel and catering staff was attentive and ensured that all of my guests were taken care of, and everyone has said that this was the best food they had EVER had at a wedding. The food was the appropriate temperature and everything tasted fresh. Drinks were refilled and there were enough servers that everything was brought out quickly. I'm so glad that I had my wedding & reception here!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 12/01/2012

I planned my wedding in a somewhat quick turnaround (4 months) and choosing the Baronette for my reception was the best decision I made. I worked with Amber the entire time, who is incredibly organized, helpful and friendly! Her attention to detail and advice was incredibly helpful to me (especially since I went through some serious analysis paralysis at the end). The service, ambiance, food and drinks were also fantastic. We were constantly impressed with every single encounter we had with the staff during the whole weekend - they were so friendly, efficient and constantly exceeded our expectations.

Also - the restaurant that is connected to the hotel (Toasted Oak) is amazing. A lot of the guests commented that it was a great place for drinks and food.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Lance · Married on 06/17/2017

This hotel and reception site and fantastic. We had our wedding there recently and the staff and service were amazing. Their customer service from the event manager Jessics who is so great and easy to communicate with from the banquet captain and staff were all such a pleasure to deal with. They really made our night great. There was one hiccup during the night and they took care of it right away.

It is a slightly expensive place to hold a wedding, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Sent on 06/25/2017

My new husband and I were so pleased with our choice to get married at the Baronette Renaissance in Novi. Amber, our coordinator, was fantastic!! She went over every detail and made it easy for an overwhelmed bride. The food, particularly the appetizers were delicious. The ballroom is a perfect setting for a reception. We liked that there is only one ballroom so your wedding is the only event. I would recommend the Baronette to anyone. If I had to give one criticism it would be that once the block of rooms was full our guests did receive some harsh comments from the hotel front desk. This was no reflection upon the event coordinators and staff that were flawless.

Sent on 06/29/2013

KayDee · Married on 07/19/2008

Still getting compliments on the food...BEST anyone had at a wedding.
    We did stations and our guests loved it..staff SO attentitive
    Cathy, was always available and the hotel staff went out of their way to make ours guest feel welcome and comfortable.
    Could not ask for more

Sent on 08/05/2008

The Baronette Renaissance is an often overlooked venue in the Metro Detroit area; however, it was perfectly located near our church and a beautiful reception location for our May wedding. Amber was a joy to work with throughout the planning process and all of my random questions. She made sure every detail was considered from the start of planning to the moment we walked into the ballroom on the wedding day. Chef was very helpful in planning a menu that showcased "Michigan" to all of our out of town guests. Additionally, the hotel staff worked hard keeping up to date with our hotel block as 75% of our guests stayed in the hotel. Many thanks to the hotel staff!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Tyler · Married on 03/24/2018

Wish I could give The Baronette Renaissance Hotel 10 stars! They did a FABULOUS job hosting my wedding reception. The service was impeccable and the banquet manager, Michaela, was constantly checking in to make sure myself, my husband, & our parents were satisfied. Our guests all had a wonderful time & continuously complimented on the beauty of the reception space & the incredible customer service. My groom & I had our own 2 servers for the entire night that were awesome & accommodating to our every request. Jessica made planning the wedding a breeze & was very receptive to any add-on's or changes. I would recommended anyone who wants to have an unforgettable, beautiful wedding- checks out this hotel & banquet center. THANK YOU for everything!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Ev · Married on 08/21/2016

0.4
      0.5

I recently rented the patio at the Baronette for my wedding ceremony and stayed the night. The only saving grace for the whole event was Christina from Toasted Oak which is where we had our private dinner. During the whole booking process I started with a woman named Mary Beth who sent my private information to an incorrect email address (shortly after my identify was stolen and a credit card was opened with this company under my name which was another huge problem), I briefly dealt with Myia who pawned my business off on Jessica. There was lots of miscommunication and issues. Finally, I arrived on August 21 and no one at the hotel had any idea of my patio rental or anything else taking place. I started to panic and immediately pull up contracts and emails when I was supposed to be getting ready for my big day. Fortunately Christina from Toasted Oak arrived and straightened everything out since the manager had no idea what was going on and wasn't able to reach anyone. Lastly, I paid for the patio in April and now I discovered I'm being charged an additional $300 as of August 19th. What an extremely terrible experience! My experience with the Baronette was very stressful and unprofessional. It is a beautiful hotel run with incompetence. How very unfortunate for me to share my experience with other brides because I would never want anyone to go through what I went through. I had to contact corporate for a response and when I revived s confirmation from Jessica that I would be refunded my overcharge, no apology. None!

Sent on 08/25/2016