The Barnstorm Reviews

57 | New York, NY

57 Reviews for The Barnstorm

57 The Barnstorm Reviews

Nesha · Getting married on 11/01/2019

These guys were fabulous! Being a wedding planner you often have to deal with numerous different personalities on a very stressful day and these guys were such a pleasure to work with! They were professional, helpful and most of all just a joy to work with on top of being extremely talented musicians. I really cannot wait to recommend them to my clients!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2016

The Barnstorm's reply:

Nesha! Thank you so much for the kind words. Can't wait to work with you again.

Linsey and Ryan Keane · Married on 10/20/2018

Words can’t describe how incredible this band was at our wedding

Simply put, The Barnstorm put on a show for the ages at our wedding. If you are thinking of hiring these guys, just do it, period. They had every single one of our guests on the dance floor from start to finish. “This is the best band we’ve ever seen at a wedding, and we’ve been to a LOT of weddings, where did you find these guys?!” was the question we were getting throughout the night. The Acoustic cocktail hour set was also an incredible hit with the guests as it set the tone for the whole evening. Before the main event even started, we had guests commenting about how awesome the music and setup was. We met these guys a year and a half ago in NYC and knew from the get go that their personalities, music, and style was exactly what we wanted at our wedding. Whether it was 90s rock, oldies, or the new hits, they brought the house down all night and had something in store for everyone. We worked with Brooks throughout the process and he was incredibly down to earth and responsive to a few requests we had along the way. And when it came to our first dance and mother + father dances - it could not have gone more perfectly. The Barnstorm made our wedding day a thousand times more special than it already was - and we are so thankful to have had them play for us on a day that we will remember forever!

Lynn · Married on 09/08/2018

Don't hesitate, book The Barnstorm. They are worth it. We booked them to play our wedding reception and acoustic guitar at cocktail hour. The first thing guests said to me at cocktail hour was how amazing our musicians are - a good sign for things to come! During the reception they MC'd it perfectly, played our first dances songs, and then REALLY brought the party. They are incredible, and had every generation up on the dance floor. I also appreciated how easy they were to work with. Brooks was so responsive and helpful, answering all of our questions and putting us at ease. Thank you so much guys!!

Lianne · Married on 09/02/2018

The Barnstorm has been wonderful, they're the best group! They are all so fun, accommodating and professional. I highly recommend them, your guests will be raving about them and everyone will be on the dance floor!

Sofia · Married on 08/04/2018

Let me first begin by saying it's been over a month since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the Barnstorm. We decided to work with their band after hearing them at one of their regular spots. The bar was singing along with them! From the beginning, Brooks made the process incredibly easy and seamless. He was very responsive to emails and open to trying out some new songs that we had requested for a few of our dances. These songs ended up being some of the most memorable for us, having been personal selections and executed so incredibly well. They are not your typical wedding band, but that is what we loved. The group has been playing together for years and have such a great understanding of their crowd. We didn't pick a list of songs to play and just let them do their thing. They performed a great range of songs. They are super talented and passionate and it is very apparent while watching them perform. Their energy was incredible. Our guests ranged from 2 years old to 89 years old and everyone was dancing. My great uncle (87 years old) even threw down his cane and danced with both arms up in the air! We could not speak any more highly of the Barnstorm and would recommend them to anyone looking for a band! To think we almost considered a DJ....

Christine · Married on 07/28/2018

I heard about The Barnstorm because they actually performed at my brother's wedding last year. We had such a great time with them that they were the one thing that I knew I wanted when my wedding came around the following year (July 2018). We could not be happier with everything they did to make our day so amazing. They performed our ceremony beautifully as well as the cocktail hour. At the reception, all of our guests were blown away by how talented and fun all the guys were. We had a daytime wedding but it was still a full on dance party and they were right there in the middle of it. I am not usually a big dancer, but when the Barnstorm is playing you can't get me off the dance floor. Brooks and the guys are the best to work with and they performed our special songs perfectly. My entire family (and my husband's family now) are huge Barnstorm fans and we can't wait to see them perform again!

Justin · Married on 06/16/2018

We chose The Barnstorm to be our wedding band early on and never looked back. Not only are they the perfect party band, but they are reliable, punctual, and professional. You want your first dance to be a song they’ve never played? Cool, they learned it for us. Bride has to turn around halfway down the aisle because her veil falls off? They’ll keep that ceremony music playing while everyone nervously shifts in their seats and the groom assures them she’ll come back (she did). Not only does The Barnstorm rock (they really do), and not only do they guarantee that your party will be the best one of the year (it will), but they are exceptionally nice, fun, and easy to work with. They are everything you want in a wedding vendor. They seamlessly take care of the entertainment so that you can worry about all the other important stuff like whether people will notice the difference between off-white and cream. I’m not going to write “if you’re even questioning it, book them” because that would just be too cliche. But if you’re even questioning it, book them.

Jackie · Married on 05/18/2018

Are you looking for a super fun, energetic and talented band to perform at your wedding (or any party)? The Barnstorm is that and sooo much more! We had an absolute blast dancing the night away. The booking and communications couldn’t have been easier and they are totally open to customizing special parts of your night. We can’t wait to have another party so we can hire them again!

Daniel · Married on 12/16/2017

Barnstorm = Amazing! They made our wedding reception an absolute blast and we received many compliments from our guest on the music. Barnstorm has a very wide song selection, is very high energy and got everyone grooving to the music in no time. They were great emcees for the night and were very accommodating with requests - they even let my wife and I and a friend of ours sing some songs during the reception! On top of all that, these guys are very professional, responsive and courteous. It was an absolute pleasure having them perform at our wedding and they were key to making it such a fun event. If you are planning a wedding or hosting a party (or other major event), you really must hire them to play. Thank you so much guys for making our wedding such an awesome party!!

Lindsey · Married on 11/11/2017

The Barnstorm is still the talk of our wedding! Our guests can not stop raving about how much fun they brought to our special day! They were incredibly helpful leading up to our wedding day with suggestions of timing and schedule. They are quick to reply and were beyond professional and helpful on the day of the wedding. To say we highly recommend The Barnstorm is an understatement! Book them now!

The Barnstorm 9
    The Barnstorm 10
    The Barnstorm 11
    The Barnstorm 12
    The Barnstorm 13
    The Barnstorm 14

Michael · Married on 11/04/2017

I wish I knew the words to explain how grateful and honored my wife Kristy and me were to have this epic band be part of our perfect wedding day. This band is not only phenomenal on the stage but off as well. They are the most accommodating and gracious people you will ever meet. If you need a band to take your party to the next level hire these guys RIGHT NOW. Thank you so much Brooks Lee Wood and the rest of your band for giving us everything and more to make our night the perfect one. You gained a whole lot of fans for life and two extremely thankful and happy friends. We love what you did for us and want you to know that you are now forever part of our lives. We can't wait to see these guys in the future and sure as hell will do whatever we can to make sure the world knows how lucky they would be to have you part of their special day too.

Kristy · Married on 11/04/2017

We hired The Barnstorm this past November for our wedding. They were amazing to work with! Patient, accommodating, perfect laid back professional personalities that you will find refreshing when it comes to wedding planning! Their sound is pristine, what you see on their video is what you get. They play EVERYTHING! Everyone from the 5 year old child to great-grandma was happy with the music. Whenever we see someone who attended our wedding they tell us it was the most fun they have ever had a wedding with compliments to the band! Our dance floor was never empty, our guests literally danced the entire night. Thank you Barnstorm for making our day so incredible for us and our guests!

Loralee · Married on 10/21/2017

The Barnstorm in person are even better than their videos. Yes, really. From the first email, to the final song, they weren't just professional they were enthusiastic about our wedding. They have a genuine presence and personality that shines through in every song and genre that they seamlessly transition between. Brooks was an absolute pleasure to work with in ironing out all details of our booking. We were only able to pair down their robust song list in about half but they were able to capture the mood we were going for and kept our friends on the dance floor ALL night long. We're still getting compliments about the band now, two weeks after our wedding. Any request or question we had - they were accommodating and thoughtful in how to solve it. I was impressed that before announcing the wedding party for dinner JR double checked pronunciation with every person before we began. Our first dance was an unknown song, and they learned it for us and Brooks recommended a great cut that made it the right length. They also know how to incorporate the perfect mixture of crowd participation without being corny.. I've already promised my friends we'd go to one of their regular gigs so we can dance the night away again.

Sent on 11/06/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Loralee! We had an absolute blast at your wedding. It was nice to be in the Greenpoint loft again, and you guys lived up to all the hype! We hope to see you at a show in NYC sometime soon!
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/14/2017

Our wedding was at the Handsome Hollow, a beautiful restored barn in the Catskills, and it was a literal barn storm of a dance party. I'm actually surprised the barn is still standing after what took place that day, all thanks to the Barnstorm. The dance floor was packed from start to finish and all 150 guests, the vendors and even owners of the venue left agreeing that the Barnstorm was the best wedding band they had ever seen. They performed everything from Tom Petty to Taylor Swift, some Elvis and Third Eye Blind. At one point I looked up and they were even rapping Ludacris "What's Your Fantasy" from the balcony above, simply amazing. This band is a must have if you want to take your wedding to another level. Throughout the whole process, everyone in the band was a pleasure to work with. They were responsive and extremely accommodating, at no point did we have any doubts that they were a perfect fit. All in all, the Barnstorm rocks. They will leave you and your guests with an unforgettable memory of the most amazing night of your life.

Kevin · Married on 09/30/2017

My wife and I really can't say enough about the Barnstorm - these guys are truly AMAZING across the board! If you're looking for a classy, young, incredibly fun band for your wedding -- look no further. Every one of the band members is extremely personable and talented, each bringing a different element to the group. The Barnstorm played light music at our ceremony, then amazing acoustic through our entire outdoor cocktail hour, and saved the best for last as they absolutely rocked our reception at Bedell Cellars! As with every bride and groom, our band was an extremely important decision, and we couldn't have been more fortunate to have found the Barnstorm. I am certain they will exceed your expectations. Our guests were a combination of friends and family from NYC and Boston mostly mid 20's to early 40's - everyone raved about these guys for weeks after our wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire night. I only wish we had the venue for a few more hours. It's also worth mentioning that the Barnstorm is extremely responsive and professional, with everything from timely emails to handling all the elements of the contract and equipment hookups. We had a lot of confidence in Brooks and the rest of the Barnstorm from the very beginning. I'll finish with this - I've probably been to 50+ weddings over the years, and the Barnstorm is by far the best band I've seen - we feel really lucky that we found them for our wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Kevin you're too kind! You're venue was amazing and the moment when the sun broke through the clouds during cocktail hour was really spectacular. Your guests were a ton of fun and made our job easy! Hope to see you soon.

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2017

The Barnstorm played at our wedding this past August '17 - they did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was one of THE BEST decisions we made for our wedding. We were able to see them play at a venue in the city so we got a feel beforehand for their sound and how they performed. Brooks was super responsive and easy to work with - he even pushed me to be a bit more decisive so they could do their best to give us exactly what we wanted day of.

When it came down to it, the ceremony was beautiful and the music for the reception was SO GOOD. These guys TURNED UP - everyone was on the dance floor, from our college friends to my husband's grandparents. The Barnstorm covers a huge range of songs, and look like they're having the best time while they're doing it.

Also want to mention that the guys did such a great job with our "special songs" too. My dad was really indecisive, and they ended up learning another new song for us (on top of our first dance) probably 3 weeks out.

Overall, we got so many compliments saying that these guys were professional, engaging, sounded great, and looked sharp. By the end of the night, everyone (including me and my husband) just wanted the music to keep going, and to be friends with these guys afterwards because they're so fun! Book these guys NOW, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Stephanie! We had an absolute blast!

Christopher · Married on 09/22/2017

Brooks, Cam and the guys were a HUGE hit at our wedding. We got married in Tuscany in September 2017, and right from when I contacted them they were friendly, professional and overall enthusiastic about performing at our wedding. My wife and I always knew that good food, plenty of alcohol and music are the three key ingredients to putting on a great party for family and friends. There is no question that The Barnstorm were instrumental (excuse the pun!) in everyone having an amazing, fun and memorable time. You will not regret having them at your wedding!!!

Thanks so much guys and look forward to seeing you in NYC soon!

Sent on 10/20/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

We knew a wedding in Tuscany would be a blast, but we truly didn't realize what we were in for! Thank you so much for your hospitality and I'm glad we were able to make your night a little more special!

K · Married on 09/09/2017

Oh the Barnstorm. These guys know how to put on a show! From the time they took the stage and kicked off the reception with "Proud Mary" to the very end of the night, they were on stage doing song after song after song. I'm not entirely sure how they managed to play so long without a break, but the Barnstorm's energy and excitement on stage made for an incredible atmosphere at our reception. Everyone - young and old - was dancing, and they read the crowd's energy really well. We've had multiple guests ask us for references in the weeks since our wedding. Their team was easy to work with and even helped set up the speaker system for our ceremony. These guys are amazing. Do yourself a favor and book them.

Sent on 10/22/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Thank you so much for having us! The energy of your guests was amazing and makes our job a lot easier!

Joseph · Married on 08/26/2017

The guys from The Barnstorm are great and we can't given them a strong enough endorsement. We had seen them perform at a corporate event before engaging them about our wedding, so we felt that we were in good hands. But our expectations were beyond exceeded. On top of putting on a great performance, reading the audience and making sure everyone had a great time on our wedding night, they were very responsive and extremely helpful throughout the planning process. Although that may be considered "an expectation," we had a lot of moving parts- including international travel and non-English speaking vendors. From end-to-end they were amazing to deal with. We've even had friends at our wedding inquire about using The Barnstorm for their upcoming receptions!

Sent on 10/05/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Never could we have imagined such a beautiful venue for a wedding! We can't thank you enough for letting us be a part of it. We'll gladly come to Portofino to play any/all of your anniversaries....just let us know! Thanks again!

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

My wife loves to dance. I have an eclectic taste in music and not too many tunes get me out of my seat. One evening, many moons ago, Jessica took me to hear the Barnstorm play in Brother Jimmy's. We couldn't stop dancing. The band has such incredible range, blending so many musical genres and making any party the most danceably delicious event around. Our wedding was incredible, and guests from teenager to septuagenarian, were grooving all night long. Brooks and the rest of the band are nice, reliable, reasonable and communicative every step of the way leading up to (and through) the big day (or night) of your event. Do yourself a favor and BOOK THE BARNSTORM.

Sent on 09/24/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Not gonna lie... had to look up what septuagenarian means. From Septuagenarians, to quinquagenarians, to teengenarians (made that one up), we aim to please! Thank you so much for the kind words and for trusting us to be a part of your big day! Congrats!

Harmony · Married on 07/01/2017

The Barnstorm played our July 2017 wedding and exceeded every expectation. My husband and I are really into live music, but every typical wedding band we looked into sounded the same (and seemed like they only knew “uptown funk”). We were almost ready to give up and hire a DJ until we found the Barnstorm. They are really the whole package: talented musicians with a wide repertoire spanning genres and decades, they interacted with the whole crowd, kids and adults alike, and are true professionals who really know how to read a crowd. I saw some relatives dance for the first time ever - our priest even got out there. Our family and friends are still talking about the music, and all agreed they were the best band they've ever heard at a wedding. They even worked behind the scenes with my husband to learn a special song for us, and that surprise wound up being one of my favorite moments of our reception. We highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/24/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Harmony thank you for the kind words! We had so much fun, and honestly we had never heard of Dead Sara before your request, but that song was a lot of fun to learn and play and we could tell it meant a lot to you guys. Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day!

Bailey · Married on 06/30/2017

Choosing the Barnstorm to play at our wedding was the BEST decision we made! They were absolutely AMAZING! Everyone is still raving about how good the band was! We were told the entertainment makes the wedding and that was very true advice! We were not able to see them play prior to the event due to our work schedules, but all the good reviews and their video helped us choose them for our big day. They did not disappoint! Everyone was dancing the entire night! They were great at getting the guests involved and making sure everyone had a fun time. They are very talented musicians and did a great job at choosing a wide variety of songs that everyone loved. They were so easy to work with beforehand and were willing to play any special song that was requested. They also were more than willing to emcee the event. We cannot thank and recommend the Barnstorm enough and look forward to hearing them play again in NYC!

Sent on 07/20/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Thank you for trusting us site unseen with your wedding! Y'alls venue was such a blast to play (biggest stage ever!), and the energy from your guests made our job a lot easier. Thanks again and we hope to see you all down the road!

B. · Married on 06/17/2017

Having The Barnstorm as our wedding band was one of the best (and easiest) decisions we made in planning our wedding. They were absolutely fantastic and our guests are still, months later, talking about the band. We looked at a number of bands when planning our wedding but none of them came close to The Barnstorm. Go check them out live and your decision will be easy. And if you look at other bands, make sure not to rely on promo videos because most are often heavily produced and don't sound anything like the band playing live. The Barnstorm, on the other hand, were even better live than their video. The main thing that makes them stand out is that they have great chemistry and you can tell they love what they do and aren't just there to play music--they are there to entertain and put on a show. We felt like we not only had a great band that was able to get people up on the dance floor, but we also got had own private concert with amazing musicians. They also played the music for our ceremony and first dance, which we had not really focused on when planning the wedding, but it ended up being one of the highlights of the day. If you are even remotely considering having a band at your wedding, do yourself a favor and just book The Barnstorm immediately. Your wedding reception will be incredible.

Sent on 10/09/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Wow....thank you so much for that! It's hard not to have a good time at a wedding that's held in a beer hall. If there's one thing we like more than making sure everyone has a good time, it's having a good time ourselves.... Please come see another one of our live shows around the city sometime soon, and thanks again for letting us be a part of your special day!
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 06/10/2017

By far the best wedding band ever! We knew we wanted to hire the Barnstorm Band for our wedding after seeing them put on an awesome show for New Years in NY last year. They really set the tone for our wedding and seriously made the night so much fun! Everyone from our friends to our grandparents were on the dance floor enjoying the wide range of music the Barnstorm Band had to offer. We are still continuing to get rave reviews from friends and family. Overall the band is so talented and fun, they had the entire crowd involved. Do yourself a favor and book these guys asap! They aren't bad to look at either ;)

Sent on 06/13/2017

The Barnstorm's reply:

Thanks for having us Whitney! Your venue was beyond gorgeous, and your guests had a ton of energy which always makes our job easier....plus we've never seen a father-of-the-bride with such slick dance moves! We hope you can come to another show soon!