49 Reviews for The Barnstorm

Vocals (2)
Lighting (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
42 The Barnstorm Reviews

These guys were fabulous! Being a wedding planner you often have to deal with numerous different personalities on a very stressful day and these guys were such a pleasure to work with! They were professional, helpful and most of all just a joy to work with on top of being extremely talented musicians. I really cannot wait to recommend them to my clients!!!!

Profile Picture Nesha, 11/1/19, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Barnstorm = Amazing! They made our wedding reception an absolute blast and we received many compliments from our guest on the music. Barnstorm has a very wide song selection, is very high energy and got everyone grooving to the music in no time. They were great emcees for the night and were very accommodating with requests - they even let my wife and I and a friend of ours sing some songs during the reception! On top of all that, these guys are very professional, responsive and courteous. It was an absolute pleasure having them perform at our wedding and they were key to making it such a fun event. If you are planning a wedding or hosting a party (or other major event), you really must hire them to play. Thank you so much guys for making our wedding such an awesome party!!

Profile Picture Daniel, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Barnstorm is still the talk of our wedding! Our guests can not stop raving about how much fun they brought to our special day! They were incredibly helpful leading up to our wedding day with suggestions of timing and schedule. They are quick to reply and were beyond professional and helpful on the day of the wedding. To say we highly recommend The Barnstorm is an understatement! Book them now!

Profile Picture Lindsey , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I wish I knew the words to explain how grateful and honored my wife Kristy and me were to have this epic band be part of our perfect wedding day. This band is not only phenomenal on the stage but off as well. They are the most accommodating and gracious people you will ever meet. If you need a band to take your party to the next level hire these guys RIGHT NOW. Thank you so much Brooks Lee Wood and the rest of your band for giving us everything and more to make our night the perfect one. You gained a whole lot of fans for life and two extremely thankful and happy friends. We love what you did for us and want you to know that you are now forever part of our lives. We can't wait to see these guys in the future and sure as hell will do whatever we can to make sure the world knows how lucky they would be to have you part of their special day too.

Profile Picture Michael, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired The Barnstorm this past November for our wedding. They were amazing to work with! Patient, accommodating, perfect laid back professional personalities that you will find refreshing when it comes to wedding planning! Their sound is pristine, what you see on their video is what you get. They play EVERYTHING! Everyone from the 5 year old child to great-grandma was happy with the music. Whenever we see someone who attended our wedding they tell us it was the most fun they have ever had a wedding with compliments to the band! Our dance floor was never empty, our guests literally danced the entire night. Thank you Barnstorm for making our day so incredible for us and our guests!

Profile Picture Kristy, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Barnstorm in person are even better than their videos. Yes, really. From the first email, to the final song, they weren't just professional they were enthusiastic about our wedding. They have a genuine presence and personality that shines through in every song and genre that they seamlessly transition between. Brooks was an absolute pleasure to work with in ironing out all details of our booking. We were only able to pair down their robust song list in about half but they were able to capture the mood we were going for and kept our friends on the dance floor ALL night long. We're still getting compliments about the band now, two weeks after our wedding. Any request or question we had - they were accommodating and thoughtful in how to solve it. I was impressed that before announcing the wedding party for dinner JR double checked pronunciation with every person before we began. Our first dance was an unknown song, and they learned it for us and Brooks recommended a great cut that made it the right length. They also know how to incorporate the perfect mixture of crowd participation without being corny.. I've already promised my friends we'd go to one of their regular gigs so we can dance the night away again.

Profile Picture Loralee, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Our wedding was at the Handsome Hollow, a beautiful restored barn in the Catskills, and it was a literal barn storm of a dance party. I'm actually surprised the barn is still standing after what took place that day, all thanks to the Barnstorm. The dance floor was packed from start to finish and all 150 guests, the vendors and even owners of the venue left agreeing that the Barnstorm was the best wedding band they had ever seen. They performed everything from Tom Petty to Taylor Swift, some Elvis and Third Eye Blind. At one point I looked up and they were even rapping Ludacris "What's Your Fantasy" from the balcony above, simply amazing. This band is a must have if you want to take your wedding to another level. Throughout the whole process, everyone in the band was a pleasure to work with. They were responsive and extremely accommodating, at no point did we have any doubts that they were a perfect fit. All in all, the Barnstorm rocks. They will leave you and your guests with an unforgettable memory of the most amazing night of your life.

Profile Picture Ian, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I really can't say enough about the Barnstorm - these guys are truly AMAZING across the board! If you're looking for a classy, young, incredibly fun band for your wedding -- look no further. Every one of the band members is extremely personable and talented, each bringing a different element to the group. The Barnstorm played light music at our ceremony, then amazing acoustic through our entire outdoor cocktail hour, and saved the best for last as they absolutely rocked our reception at Bedell Cellars! As with every bride and groom, our band was an extremely important decision, and we couldn't have been more fortunate to have found the Barnstorm. I am certain they will exceed your expectations. Our guests were a combination of friends and family from NYC and Boston mostly mid 20's to early 40's - everyone raved about these guys for weeks after our wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire night. I only wish we had the venue for a few more hours. It's also worth mentioning that the Barnstorm is extremely responsive and professional, with everything from timely emails to handling all the elements of the contract and equipment hookups. We had a lot of confidence in Brooks and the rest of the Barnstorm from the very beginning. I'll finish with this - I've probably been to 50+ weddings over the years, and the Barnstorm is by far the best band I've seen - we feel really lucky that we found them for our wedding!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

The Barnstorm played at our wedding this past August '17 - they did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. It was one of THE BEST decisions we made for our wedding. We were able to see them play at a venue in the city so we got a feel beforehand for their sound and how they performed. Brooks was super responsive and easy to work with - he even pushed me to be a bit more decisive so they could do their best to give us exactly what we wanted day of.

When it came down to it, the ceremony was beautiful and the music for the reception was SO GOOD. These guys TURNED UP - everyone was on the dance floor, from our college friends to my husband's grandparents. The Barnstorm covers a huge range of songs, and look like they're having the best time while they're doing it.

Also want to mention that the guys did such a great job with our "special songs" too. My dad was really indecisive, and they ended up learning another new song for us (on top of our first dance) probably 3 weeks out.

Overall, we got so many compliments saying that these guys were professional, engaging, sounded great, and looked sharp. By the end of the night, everyone (including me and my husband) just wanted the music to keep going, and to be friends with these guys afterwards because they're so fun! Book these guys NOW, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Brooks, Cam and the guys were a HUGE hit at our wedding. We got married in Tuscany in September 2017, and right from when I contacted them they were friendly, professional and overall enthusiastic about performing at our wedding. My wife and I always knew that good food, plenty of alcohol and music are the three key ingredients to putting on a great party for family and friends. There is no question that The Barnstorm were instrumental (excuse the pun!) in everyone having an amazing, fun and memorable time. You will not regret having them at your wedding!!!

Thanks so much guys and look forward to seeing you in NYC soon!

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Oh the Barnstorm. These guys know how to put on a show! From the time they took the stage and kicked off the reception with "Proud Mary" to the very end of the night, they were on stage doing song after song after song. I'm not entirely sure how they managed to play so long without a break, but the Barnstorm's energy and excitement on stage made for an incredible atmosphere at our reception. Everyone - young and old - was dancing, and they read the crowd's energy really well. We've had multiple guests ask us for references in the weeks since our wedding. Their team was easy to work with and even helped set up the speaker system for our ceremony. These guys are amazing. Do yourself a favor and book them.

Profile Picture K, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The guys from The Barnstorm are great and we can't given them a strong enough endorsement. We had seen them perform at a corporate event before engaging them about our wedding, so we felt that we were in good hands. But our expectations were beyond exceeded. On top of putting on a great performance, reading the audience and making sure everyone had a great time on our wedding night, they were very responsive and extremely helpful throughout the planning process. Although that may be considered "an expectation," we had a lot of moving parts- including international travel and non-English speaking vendors. From end-to-end they were amazing to deal with. We've even had friends at our wedding inquire about using The Barnstorm for their upcoming receptions!

Profile Picture Joseph, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

My wife loves to dance. I have an eclectic taste in music and not too many tunes get me out of my seat. One evening, many moons ago, Jessica took me to hear the Barnstorm play in Brother Jimmy's. We couldn't stop dancing. The band has such incredible range, blending so many musical genres and making any party the most danceably delicious event around. Our wedding was incredible, and guests from teenager to septuagenarian, were grooving all night long. Brooks and the rest of the band are nice, reliable, reasonable and communicative every step of the way leading up to (and through) the big day (or night) of your event. Do yourself a favor and BOOK THE BARNSTORM.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

The Barnstorm played our July 2017 wedding and exceeded every expectation. My husband and I are really into live music, but every typical wedding band we looked into sounded the same (and seemed like they only knew “uptown funk”). We were almost ready to give up and hire a DJ until we found the Barnstorm. They are really the whole package: talented musicians with a wide repertoire spanning genres and decades, they interacted with the whole crowd, kids and adults alike, and are true professionals who really know how to read a crowd. I saw some relatives dance for the first time ever - our priest even got out there. Our family and friends are still talking about the music, and all agreed they were the best band they've ever heard at a wedding. They even worked behind the scenes with my husband to learn a special song for us, and that surprise wound up being one of my favorite moments of our reception. We highly, highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Harmony, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Choosing the Barnstorm to play at our wedding was the BEST decision we made! They were absolutely AMAZING! Everyone is still raving about how good the band was! We were told the entertainment makes the wedding and that was very true advice! We were not able to see them play prior to the event due to our work schedules, but all the good reviews and their video helped us choose them for our big day. They did not disappoint! Everyone was dancing the entire night! They were great at getting the guests involved and making sure everyone had a fun time. They are very talented musicians and did a great job at choosing a wide variety of songs that everyone loved. They were so easy to work with beforehand and were willing to play any special song that was requested. They also were more than willing to emcee the event. We cannot thank and recommend the Barnstorm enough and look forward to hearing them play again in NYC!

Profile Picture Bailey , 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Having The Barnstorm as our wedding band was one of the best (and easiest) decisions we made in planning our wedding. They were absolutely fantastic and our guests are still, months later, talking about the band. We looked at a number of bands when planning our wedding but none of them came close to The Barnstorm. Go check them out live and your decision will be easy. And if you look at other bands, make sure not to rely on promo videos because most are often heavily produced and don't sound anything like the band playing live. The Barnstorm, on the other hand, were even better live than their video. The main thing that makes them stand out is that they have great chemistry and you can tell they love what they do and aren't just there to play music--they are there to entertain and put on a show. We felt like we not only had a great band that was able to get people up on the dance floor, but we also got had own private concert with amazing musicians. They also played the music for our ceremony and first dance, which we had not really focused on when planning the wedding, but it ended up being one of the highlights of the day. If you are even remotely considering having a band at your wedding, do yourself a favor and just book The Barnstorm immediately. Your wedding reception will be incredible.

Profile Picture B., 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

By far the best wedding band ever! We knew we wanted to hire the Barnstorm Band for our wedding after seeing them put on an awesome show for New Years in NY last year. They really set the tone for our wedding and seriously made the night so much fun! Everyone from our friends to our grandparents were on the dance floor enjoying the wide range of music the Barnstorm Band had to offer. We are still continuing to get rave reviews from friends and family. Overall the band is so talented and fun, they had the entire crowd involved. Do yourself a favor and book these guys asap! They aren't bad to look at either ;)

Profile Picture Whitney, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I saw the Barnstorm play a few years ago at Hill Country in Manhattan and kept their business card in my desk drawer waiting for a reason to hire them. I finally had a reason to hire them - my engagement party this past weekend and all I can say is, these guys absolutely ROCK! They turned what could have been a stuffy engagement party into a full blown dance party with everyone dancing like crazy and guys doing push ups. People were freaking out about how fun the band was (including my senior citizen parents!) I literally had the best time and have been smiling ever since. Hire these guys if you want all of your guests to be singing and dancing the night away while laughing and smiling the entire time. They also happen to be super nice and extremely easy to work with which is a huge plus.

Profile Picture User7483645, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Band

We hired The Barnstorm to play our wedding in June 2017 and we couldn't have made a better decision! To give you context, I wanted a band to play our wedding, but not a cheesy, rotating 12-15 piece traditional wedding band with no personality, never plays together outside of weddings or wedding showcases and would kick off the evening with “Celebration”.

The Barnstorm was exactly what I was looking for. They’re great musicians, with a wide-ranging and extremely fun set list, and they know how to entertain the room (like when they ventured into the crowd to hand the mic to my wife, who then promptly forgot all of the words to the Nelly song they were playing – and that was only one of a few guest verses throughout the evening). Not only are they amazing musicians who will have all of your wedding guests dancing and singing the entire night (our guests can't stop raving about them), but they are a great group of guys as well. For example, we didn't decide on a first song dance until a few days before our wedding so we had no expectations of them playing it live (which we told them), but they actually managed to surprise the day of as they had learned at the last minute for us. Brooks was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the planning process (probably our most responsive vendor), and on the day of the band was very easy going and relaxed, and made sure to let us know their priority was for us to have a great time - which is exactly what you want when you have 1000 things going on during your wedding.

They're truly amazing at what they do – you will absolutely have no regrets booking them. If you are having second thoughts, just go see them play - you will quickly understand why they are so great. We are so happy that we chose them!

Profile Picture Justin, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Barnstorm played at our beach ceremony and reception this weekend and did such an amazing job. Music plays a big role in our relationship, so my husband and I knew we couldn't have a DJ do our reception. A cheesy wedding band wasn't an option either. Luckily, we found the Barnstorm and never looked back. Definitely one of the best decisions we made. Not only did they do an incredible job performing, but they captured one of my favorite pictures from the night, and are just a really great group of guys. If you have a chance to book them do it now. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Booking The Barnstorm was the easiest decision I've ever made, besides marrying my husband. They killed it during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, playing all my favorites while learning our lesser known first dance song. I have not stopped receiving calls and texts from our guests about how good--and good looking our band was. For us, going with a band was a splurge, but I assure you it will be the best money you spend during your wedding planning process. Brooks was extremely responsive, he went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked The Barnstorm after our venue director recommended them and watching them play in NYC.

Best choice ever.

On our wedding night, we extended our reception because the band had EVERYONE on the dance floor. Even with the extension, our guests started chanting for an encore.

The band played everything from funk to country to hip hop and pop. They also learned a few songs for us and their renditions were EPIC. We felt very special with all of our guests shouting the lyrics to the closing song.

Through the whole planning process, they were a pleasure to work with. The band was incredibly responsive and truly wanted us to have a special night. Each of the band members is a blast on an individual level - they are so easy to work with.

Profile Picture Joe, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

What can I say - apart from the Barnstorm are the most amazing, charming, super-talented, creative, unique group of people and musicians, and we feel so lucky to have had the honour them playing at our wedding.

We had an absolute blast and our friends and family still can't stop talking about how amazing the band was. The guys created such good vibes and atmosphere on the floor with total ease, all of our guests loved them. They blew the roof off of Gary's Loft!

They helped us personalise our day with an unforgettable soundtrack of amazing music. They practiced and played two bespoke songs for us, singing an adapted acoustic version of Hallelujah for our ceremony procession, and a Queen song for our first dance. They also rocked their amazing playlist for cocktail hour and for the party part of the night.

So a huge thank you Barnstorm for making our wedding so memorable and enjoyable. I for one could not leave the dance floor and one of my best memories is looking around and seeing our families dance together with huge smiles on their faces - people I have not seen dance for years!

It was also truly a pleasure working with Brooks in the lead up. Everything was literally perfect. Barnstorm, we salute you! ; )

Profile Picture Charlotte, 2/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I hired the Barnstorm for a large corporate, black tie, Annual Dinner for a Chamber of Commerce. Unlike other corporate events, we are known for little speaking and great entertainment. We needed a band that could make everyone dance to teenage children of honorees to our 80 year old lifetime members. I took a chance with the Barnstorm and 5 days later the compliments from all different ages are rolling in. The Barnstorm knows how to entertain the most diverse crowd- and I saw it first hand. Want a memorable event? You NEED this band. I would hire in a heartbeat for another black tie even- or a jeans a tee day. They would fit any event we plan from here on out!

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/28/17, 1 Review