The Barnstone Reviews

44 | Wooster, OH

44 Reviews for The Barnstone

Bethany Hilty · Married on 10/03/2020

Awesome and beautiful

Beautiful venue with a great setup

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Anna

Anna Miley · Married on 09/19/2020

Best barn venue!

If you’re looking for the perfect barn venue, look no further. The barn itself is beautiful and needs very little additional decor. It also has more amenities than other barn venues we looked at (tables/chairs/arches for ceremony) that were able to be used with no extra charge. Doug was always quick to respond and was so helpful along the way, always letting us come check out the space while we were planning. We even had our rehearsal dinner at the venue the night before the wedding which was nice. Had so many guests comment on how beautiful the venue was and I agree, I would recommend The Barnstone to anyone!! Thanks!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 09/05/2020

My Perfect Wedding

The owners were amazingly wonderful. No stress and just wonderful. I have received so many phone calls from friends and family telling us that this was the best wedding they had been too in years. THANK YOU BARNSTONE for making our dreams of a fun gorgeous wedding come true!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Shelby · Married on 06/20/2020

Great Experience

We were very blessed to be able to book this date with The Barnstone. This was not our original venue but we are so happy it became our venue. From the moment we booked this everything went so smoothly. The Owner is super helpful and easy going. He made it such an awesome experience for us from start to end. They have so many great features and decorations you barely have to decorate! We received SO many compliments of how beautiful this venue was. They have amazing places for you to get ready with your bridesmaids and groomsmen. Such a awesome feature! Our wedding was 10.10.20 and to say it went great was an understatement. It was amazing and we couldn’t have had such a great day without such a great venue. Definitely 10/10 and would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Chelsea · Married on 05/23/2020

Amazing, very accommodating

Due to COVID19 we had to cancel our wedding but Doug was amazing, understanding, and very kind during the entire process we worked with him for about a year leading up to having to cancel and it was the best experience! So sad we cant have our big day there now but its so beautiful and i tell every bride i know about it !

Sent on 04/22/2020

The Barnstone's reply:

Thanks again Chelsea, it was great working with you and your family and we were so looking forward to celebrating your big event at our venue. Doug H

Molly · Married on 10/26/2019

Our Wedding 10.26.19

We cannot say enough great things about our experience with The Barnstone for our wedding day. When I first began my search for a venue, I was surprised at how difficult a lot of places were to communicate with which didn't give me confidence in working with them for such a big day of my life. Doug was so fantastic from the beginning. Setting up an appointment to view the venue was so easy and so was getting ahold of him for the remainder of working together. Once we saw The Barnstone we knew that it was the right choice for us. Doug was always there along the way to answer any questions we had. We were able to have our rehearsal dinner at the venue the day before which was a bonus. The barn itself is gorgeous and we barely had to decorate it because it speaks for itself. Our guests couldn't say enough good things about how beautiful everything looked. Doug also gives you a lists of vendors in the area you can work with which was so helpful. It did rain on our wedding day which meant we had to do our ceremony in the barn (not our original plan) but it was still just as amazing. We loved our wedding day and I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Wes

Wes · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect Venue for an Unforgettable Day

This was by far the best venue we could have found. From value, to amenities, to Doug being the the best host, we couldn’t have imagined having our wedding anywhere else. We were able to set up appointments to visit the venue whenever we gave enough heads up which eased the stress of planning. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding at The Barnstone. You’ll be glad you did.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Tiffany Millis · Married on 10/12/2019

Bride, Used Venue from Wedding & Reception

Doug was very upfront with his rules and expectations of his customers. He was very easy to work with whether it be through text, call, or email with my dad or me. Had things set up the day before for us to decorate and have a rehearsal. Was ready to change things around for us if there was rain. Never bothered any of our guests or made his short attendances at the reception really stand out. Was very helpful through the whole process! The venue itself is beautiful, Doug keeps it well kept and has great flowers & barn decor around the venue. Overall, am recommending the barnstone to any of my friends looking for a barn wedding!! We had a wonderful day and this venue was perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Rachel Moser · Married on 09/29/2019

Beautiful venue

Such a pleasure to work with Doug at the Barnstone! The venue was absolutely beautiful and he helped any way he could and made our day perfect! We had so many people tell us how amazing and smooth everything went. And my favorite part was the hay bails at the ceremony! My day was perfect!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/21/2019

The PERFECT Rustic Barn Venue!!

I had SO MANY people at my wedding compliment how beautiful and perfect this venue was! It really took our wedding to a whole other level. The beautiful ceremony area, the rustic reception barn, and even the restrooms (working plumbing!! You don’t usually get that with a barn venue!) took an already amazing day and made it picture-perfect. Thanks to Doug and his way of making you feel heard and important, I had the best wedding ever!! (Yes, I am biased, but it really was perfect!)

Sent on 11/22/2019

Breana · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Venue!

Amazing Venue! Amazing people to work with! So helpful! He even drove my grandpa around in his golf cart because he can’t walk that well anymore. Made sure everything was going good throughout the night!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Maddison · Married on 06/22/2019

The Barnstone

Doug was amazing to work with! He allowed us to visit the barn whenever needed before the wedding and was so helpful during set up and the actual day! He allowed us to be creative with the venue, was EXTREMELY kind to our guests, and offered help in any way he could. The barn/restrooms/rooms where the bridal parties got ready were clean and amazing! I would recommend the Barnstone to anyone!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Janine · Married on 06/08/2019

Married 6/15/19

This was the perfect place for our special day. Doug was so open to making our vision come to life, and even gave us extra time to decide if we needed to use the rain plan (which turned out GORGEOUS). The barn needs very little additional decor, & the overall atmosphere is so laid back and fun. I looked at 5 different barn venues in northeast Ohio before deciding on this one and the Barnstone is by far superior for value/flexibility/service!!

Sent on 06/20/2019

The Barnstone's reply:

Thank Janine, it was a pleasure working with both you and Nick.
    We pride ourselves at being flexible and making it the weekend you dreamed of!!
  • Danielle

Danielle Struhar · Married on 06/01/2019

The Barnstone Helped Us Have a Perfect Day!

Doug and his wife were amazing throughout the entire experience working with them! My husband and I were married at The Barnstone on June 1, 2019. Doug was always very responsive to any questions we had right from the booking of our viewing of the venue to sending back our deposit after the wedding and all of the details in between. They really helped make the day run smoothly and I did not have to worry about anything and was able to enjoy our day. They are also very flexible and are willing to work with you to make the day how you want it to be. Additionally, the venue itself is incredible. So many of our guests had wonderful things to say about how charming it was. I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a charming and cozy wedding for themselves and their guests!

Sent on 06/25/2019

The Barnstone's reply:

Thanks for kind words, Danielle. We are working hard to make it a memorable day for couples and their families!!

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2018

October Dream Wedding

My husband and I shared our special day at the Barnstone on 10/13/18 and we couldn't have made a better decision when choosing our venue! I am HUGE on reviews and made sure to read every negative and positive review on every venue I searched and I can honestly say I had such a hard time finding ANYTHING negative about the Barnstone and now I know why! Doug is incredible to work with and so understanding of any vision you have! He does not worry about the little things like charging to use plants or decor that you see laying around (like most venues will). He was there for us every step of the way and always a pleasure to work with. We truly felt like family at the Barnstone and it was one of the few pieces of wedding planning that was not stressful! The venue itself if a dream and the story behind it makes it that much more special. Every one of our guests had all great things to say about the setting and the property; everyone was more than impressed with the look, feel and style of the Barnstone. Our day turned out perfect without a hiccup and will go down as one of the best days of my life thanks to Doug and his beautiful venue. I strongly urge you to visit the property, I promise you'll instantly fall in love!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding at The Barnstone was absolutely perfect! Doug was so easy to work with, responsive, and accommodating. Getting the venue for the entire weekend made everything run so easy and smooth. It’s a beautiful and perfect venue! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Cprusha88 · Married on 09/01/2018

Perfect Rustic Barn Wedding Venue

My husband and I had our wedding at the Barnstone in September 2018 and the venue was just perfect. Doug is so kind and very accommodating. The barn itself has so much rustic charm that we didn't have to spend much on our own decorations. We heard nothing but positive remarks from our guests about the barn. Thank you Doug for providing a beautiful venue for an exceptional, unforgettable evening!

Photography: www.ksopko.com

Sent on 11/06/2018

Ryan · Married on 08/25/2018

Our reception at The Barnstone could not have been any better. We received so many great compliments regarding the facility from our family and friends. Doug was great to work during the whole process.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 08/11/2018

A very very beautiful place! I couldn’t have had a better wedding here.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Tracey · Married on 07/21/2018

The Barnstone was a fabulous venue for my daughters wedding! Doug was attentive to every detail and easy to work with. The barn and property is absolutely gorgeous and needs little to no decorations at all. One of the only venues where you have the flexibility to provide your own food and beverages or choose your own caterer. No security guard is needed either. Doug and his brother serve that role and parking attendants.
    The one and only downfall is that there is not a kitchen. Other than that it is PERFECT!
    Thank you Doug and the House Family for sharing your families history and legacy with us!
    Sincerely,
    The Nauer Family!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Mandy · Married on 06/23/2018

The Barnstone was the perfect venue to get married in. Doug was great to work with and was very accommodating. The grounds are gorgeous! Choosing the Barnstone as your venue will be one of the best decisions you'll make!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Cassie · Married on 06/16/2018

Doug was amazing to work with! He was always willing to make whatever we needed happen, even the night before! The barn is absolutely breathtaking and has such a romantic feeling! Doug was available the day of our wedding to help any way we needed! We had such a beautiful wedding that was perfect thanks to the team at Barnestone!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Janalee · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing venue! Doug was very helpful and professional. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a rustic wedding venue. Loved the accessibility we had the day before and after. Gorgeous setting for pictures as well. So glad we booked The Barnstone.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

The barnstone is a beautiful venue and Doug was great to work with. We were able to have several visits to plan everything and figure out layouts. The summer house was the perfect place for the girls to get ready. The bathrooms were great and it’s hard to find a barn venue with bathrooms comparable to the ones at the barnstone. Doug checked in throughout the whole process to make sure everything was perfect. You really can’t get a better place for the value. It certainly made our wedding a day everyone will remember!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2018

Just loved it and Doug was so flexible and helpful... he even went out of the way to order heaters incase the weather didn’t cooperate. And gave guests a ride while it was raining. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. Couldn’t beat the value either. Thanks again Doug for making everything go so smoothly.

Sent on 04/23/2018