The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards Reviews

The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 3
The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 4
  • David

David Hoag · Married on 10/26/2019

The Barns is a truly special place

I just want to say “WOW”!!! Our wedding at The Barns was nothing short of amazing – Susan and the entire staff were outstanding, and we were overwhelmed with how beautiful everything was. The Barns truly exceeded every high expectation we had for our special night. The venue … just utterly dreamy (to sound corny). We picked it for its rustic-ness, and intimate service, it is one of our favorite weekend winery hang-outs , and we have seen Barns wedding photos before … but to experience the environment and the atmosphere, and the service, that you all provided … was mind blowing to me, and to Mark. We were in awe. The decor, the lighting, the service, and THE WINE!! All amazing. Susan has truly made us feel special from the very beginning of the process almost 2 years prior, right down the details and service on the day itself.

We love the Barns for its rustic elegance. It was a perfect venue for the 120 people we had ... ceremony outside right at the edge of sunset, and cocktail party upstairs in main area, dinner downstairs in the stone-walled dining room, and party back upstairs with dancing and plenty of seating for relaxing. The venue has all the elements needed ... the wine bar, the out-buildings, the grassy field leading to a pond overlooking the autumn trees, a deck, a patio, an incredibly charming and welcoming entry to the main building (the barn) and winding walkway to the back ... a very special place.

And we can’t even count the number of our family and friends that have come up to us with comments on how great the venue was. It truly exceeded expectations.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • songbird

Taylor · Married on 05/25/2019

Welcoming Atmosphere & Rustic Charm

We adore the homey and rustic atmosphere of The Barns on a regular basis, but having it all to ourselves for our wedding ceremony and reception was better than we could have imagined. Whether you are celebrating outdoors or indoors, you will never forget the beauty that surrounds on on your special day. Rain or shine, it will be lovely. The farmhouse on the property is available to the wedding party throughout the day and was a fun place to get ready! Susan, the current site coordinator, is so kind and has a wonderful sense of humor. She was a pleasure to work with as we planned and enjoyed our wedding. Everyone at The Barns was supportive and diligent as they helped us to celebrate. Thank you! PS: The amazing wine doesn't hurt...highly recommend it all! ;)

The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 5
    The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 6
    The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 7
    The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards 8
    Sent on 06/05/2019

Liv · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our wedding at The Barns on 9/1/18 and it was the perfect venue. My husband and I had toured the venue earlier in the year and we immediately knew this was the place we wanted to get married. Over the course of our rather quick engagement (less than 6 months), we had great experience working with Susan, both in person and over email, to create our vision. It worked out well that The Barns was hosting a vendor expo a few weeks after we booked the venue and we were able to meet several of their preferred vendors plus several additional ones. I highly suggest you go with individuals that they have experience working with because they have seen it all and worked out several details that I never would have thought about.

One thing that stood out about The Barns (outside of the friendliness, energy, and professionalism of Susan!) was having all of the activities (from getting ready, the ceremony, dinner, and dancing) all in the same location-but different parts of the same location, so it almost felt like you had different experiences. We were able to use the farmhouse on site the day of to get ready and the ceremony was held outside, dinner in the beautiful stone cellar, and dancing on their tasting floor!

I will have to say that on our wedding day, the skies opened and pour tremendous amounts of rain on us, and despite being outside--it was the most perfect wedding I could have imagined! Everyone, including the staff, were accommodating and flexible and just knew how to have fun with it!

We made several visits back to the vineyard during the months before the wedding because first and foremost they have amazing WINE! I can't wait to continue to go back and will forever rave to whoever will listen about how wonderful an experience I have had with them!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Bailey

Bailey · Married on 08/11/2018

I had my wedding here on August 11th, 2018 and I wouldn't have had a better time at any other venue! The Barns is an amazingly unique wedding site. The barn itself is 2 floors, so we held our cocktail hour upstairs, had dinner downstairs, then went back upstairs for dessert and dancing. We had our ceremony outside facing the small and charming body of water in the distance. My husband and I got so many fun and unique photos around the venue--outside near the trees and greenery, near the barns and other structures, and in the vineyards! My bridesmaids and I were also able to get ready on-site at the house that's on the premise just a few steps from the entrance of the barn. The barn and the house are both fully air-conditioned, which worked great in the middle of August. The venue itself has so much character that we hardly needed to provide decorations; my main decorations were just a few flowers because the venue has so much charm and rustic beauty that it doesn't need any cover-up. So many guests expressed their awe at this unique venue.
    In addition to the appearance and whimsy of this venue, Susan was very accommodating and responsive. She is also very responsible, so you can rely on her to make sure your big day goes as planned on the property. The price was also just right, and so was the amount of time that we rented out the venue. I have no complaints and only cherished memories from spending my wedding at The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyard!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Susie · Married on 06/23/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Barns and it was absolutely phenomenal! We had cocktail hour upstairs first then we went downstairs to a beautiful dinner. They have the tables and chairs there and I couldn't have pictured it being anymore beautiful than it was. The staff is so accommodating and kind and everyone had such an amazing time! Thank you to everyone at The Barns for making it such a great event!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Sheri · Married on 10/28/2017

This venue is not only stunning and absolutely charming it comes with an incredibly professional, knowledgable, helpful, and friendly staff. Susan made our wedding dreams come true and we were SO pleased with this perfect spot.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

We had such an amazing and beautiful wedding at the barns. The manager Susan was very accommodating and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. The venue is a perfect place for a cozy, rustic wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

We just had our summer wedding at The Barns, and I cannot rave enough about our experience! Our guests are still talking about how great the venue was! The ambiance of the winery and 107-year old barn is something that will leave your guests feeling relaxed and ready to enjoy the evening. The farmhouse was convenient to use for getting ready, the vineyard was the perfect first-look location, the silo was a great backdrop for pictures, the ceremony location was breath-taking, the cellar was a quaint dinner location, and the upstairs barn became a great dance floor! Another plus is that the wine is great! Susan was like a second mom to me during the process. She is very accommodating, organized, and patient. The Barns is the perfect wedding ceremony and reception venue!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

I knew I wanted to get married at the barns even before I was engaged! It is a beautiful property with a staff that treats you like family. They have amazing wines and breathtaking views that made for amazing photos! Susan was our vendor contact and she was so responsive and accommodating in ever step of the process. We had our ceremony outside facing the beautiful lake, our dinner in the stone cellar, and drinks and dancing up stairs in the barn. The twinkle lights and old charm made for a picture perfect day. We had so many comments on how perfect the venue was and one of my friends actually decided to have her wedding there after being at ours!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Shannon · Married on 05/13/2017

Choosing The Barns at Hamilton Station was hands down the best decision we made during our wedding planning process. To start, the venue is absolutely gorgeous and was perfect for our wedding. We got ready in the farmhouse, held the ceremony outside overlooking the pond, hand dinner in the stone-walled cellar, and dancing on the main floor of the barn. From the second we walked in to tour the venue, we knew it was the right place for us. On top of that, Susan, the venue coordinator, was absolutely stellar. She was extremely responsive, professional, and kind through every step of the process. We were lucky enough to have her on-site the evening of the wedding. The added bonus of the farmhouse tables and chairs included in the rental fee defrayed significant costs from our budget. While my husband grew up a short drive from Napa, we both loved the wine and received many compliments from our guests. The venue has a list of preferred caterers, but you can also pay an additional fee to use a caterer not on the list. For us, this was helpful since it helped narrow our search - we ended up using Smokin Willy, which had worked with The Barns many times in the past, which made for a seamless evening.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/04/2016

My daughter was recently married at The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards, and our experience there was absolutely wonderful! The venue is just beautiful in its rustic simplicity. Susan Pratt, the manager, immediately put us at ease, and was a real pleasure to work with. She’s warm, friendly, and right on top of things. The ceremony took place outdoors, with breathtaking views in the background. The reception was held in the lower level of the barn with its beautiful stone walls, and then we moved upstairs to the main level of the barn for dancing, etc. and dessert. The farmhouse on the property, which is available for the bridal party to get ready in, is charming and comfortable, and we enjoyed a very special time there before the wedding. It also makes for some lovely photos. Our guests raved about the wine, particularly the Petit Verdot and the port style “1910” which we chose to toast with instead of champagne. My daughter truly had the rustic, chic, “boots in a barn” wedding of her dreams at The Barns at Hamilton Station. I highly recommend this wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Micaela · Married on 04/09/2016

We chose this wedding location because of its cozy atmosphere and beautiful setting. We were not disappointed! The wine was also very good and I was more than happy to have it served during our wedding. A specific shout out on the Petit Verdot! Delicious. Susan, the Barns coordinator, was wonderful to work with and provided us with the information we needed to make our day a success. We were very excited to have the fireplace on, so the cold snowy day in April was no show stopper for us. Being able to use the house on the property to prep before the wedding and get hair and make up done was an important benefit to the location. The only note, it is a bit hectic having the venue open for business up until 5 PM when trying to make sure the venue will be ready for the wedding, but overall I think that's one of the reasons we liked the venue so much in the first place...they were not churning out weddings and they are first and foremost a vineyard! We highly recommend.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Krystal · Married on 04/08/2016

The crew of The Barns at Hamilton Station did amazing for my wedding in April! Susan was great! She was so friendly and professional!

The winery, itself, is our favorite winery in Loudoun County. They have great wine! The barn was such a welcoming feeling and has great views with the pond! It is a bonus that they are pet friendly. So, we had our two dogs join our wedding which meant a lot to us.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Kylie · Married on 10/04/2014

I hosted my 10/4/2014 wedding at the Barns at Hamilton Station. I fell in love with the venue after visiting it a few times with my husband prior to our engagement. After we decided on a fall wedding we thought it would be the perfect venue. The Barns was very flexible working with us. They supplied a great list of preferred vendors that we ended up using for catering, event design, band, and table rentals. I highly recommend using their preferred vendors as they are already familiar with the venue to ensure that your wedding or event at the Barns goes smoothly. A few other reviews have stated that the wine is expensive, however when you host an event here you can buy your own beer and bring it on site which helps offset the higher wine costs. We were also required to clear out and clean up promptly at the end of the evening, which I noticed in a few other reviews, but this was not a major issue for us and it was stated in the venue contract. The venue does have a few things you should take into consideration when booking. It is two floors, we had our dinner in the lower cellar and our dancing in the upper barn. We set up long farm tables in three rows and a band downstairs during dinner. We set up dancing and a DJ in the upper loft upstairs. The upper level provided ample room for dancing and also comfortable couches and seating areas for older guests who did not want to be on the dance floor all night. The floors on the upper level do have cracks in them so you must warn your guests, or supply some dancing shoes (flip flops for the ladies who don't listen to the warning). The two levels worked out great for us but it did require more thought to figure out the flow of our evening and moving guests upstairs and downstairs. Ultimately I would recommend the Barns as a wedding venue!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

The staff at The Barns are wonderful! The Barns is a very unique and beautiful setting, I had numerous people tell me it was the best venue they have been to.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Erin · Married on 05/26/2013

Kim and everyone at The Barns were amazing! We were definitely a difficult wedding and needed a little extra attention throughout the process but Kim and her crew were fantastic. They definitely did their best to work with our vendors and to make sure the day went smoothly!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Kevin · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Barns on September 16 and it came out amazing thanks to Susan and the Barns staff. We received so many compliments from our guests about the quaint setting, beautiful views and terrific Virginia wines. The Barns offers such a unique charm to host a wedding with its authentic rustic feel and mix of indoor and outdoor space for guests to be entertained. The cellar provided a beautiful and intimate dinner location, while the tasting room offered a unique comfort and cohesive unity for everyone to dance and mingle during the cocktail hour. We look forward to going back to the Barns to relax and enjoy the beautiful Virginia wine and views!

-Melany and Kevin

Sent on 10/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

The perfect wedding venue! The Barns was the venue for my October wedding and I couldn't be happier with my decision to have it there. The cozy, intimate barn was the perfect setting for our small wedding of 80 guests. We had our ceremony and reception inside, although there is a nice location for the ceremony to be held outside. The Barn is beautifully decorated and exactly what we were looking for. Thanks to Susan and the fantastic staff, everything moved seamlessly throughout the entire night. There is plenty of space on patios and outside for people to spread out during the reception and enjoy the vineyard grounds. The wine is great too! The Barns is really an amazing place and I highly recommend if you are looking for a rustic, authentic wedding venue in Loudoun County, Va.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Chelsea · Married on 05/14/2016

We Love The Barns! The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards is the absolute perfect place to have a cozy country wedding. Their wine is incredible and Susan is a dream to work with! The Barns is so warm and inviting and needs very little "extra" decorations. The bridal party has access to a private house on the property all day which makes prep a breeze. Everyone who works at there is so helpful. They actually recommended many of our other vendors. With the chance of rain we knew that our outdoor wedding plans might have been moved inside to the upstairs of the barn itself, but we weren't worried about that because the space is beautiful inside and out.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Laura · Married on 11/02/2013

3.5

Beautiful venue, lovely location, amazingly helpful and flexible staff.

Your wedding will look stunning without bringing in any outside decorations! We still receive compliments on how romantic and cozy our wedding at The Barns was.

Sent on 07/21/2014

We wanted our wedding to be rustic and charming, relaxed and intimate, and we absolutely loved The Barns. It was the only venue we visited--it was all we needed to see to make our decision. The venue is not without its quirks, but we were willing to work with them to create a wedding day as full of joy as ours. The Barns are a 100-year-old converted dairy farm, and the owners are understandably protective of it. We wanted a candle-lit evening, but candles had to be double-glassed (in a votive and mason jar). Floorboards had wide gaps that caught heels. It was a little awkward move our guests from the ceremony to the cocktail hour in the same space, down to dinner on the lower level, and back up again for dessert (pie bar) and dancing. The wine was very expensive.

There were two challenges that could be easily addressed: We were only given access to exclusive use of the space only one our before the ceremony. This was do-able thanks to my 13 (!) bridesmaids and very capable coordinator, but with a smaller party, setting up in time would have been near impossible. And we just couldn't get the volume of the music loud enough, so in the end, there was less dancing than we would have liked.

But it was all worth it--our guests marveled at the setting; one even told me it was straight out of a fairy tale, and I have to agree. It was warm and wonderful, softly lit, incredibly atmospheric, incredibly unique. Our wedding really stood out--it was so special and different--and The Barns was the perfect setting for a truly memorable occasion.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Stacy · Married on 09/28/2013

3.5

My husband and I hosted our rehearsal dinner at the Barns this past September. Since all of our guests were from out of town, we decide to do a cocktail party for everyone instead of a traditional dinner to welcome them to NOVA. The Barns is beautiful and they were fantastic to work with. Flexible, accommodating and super friendly. Our guests were floored by the beauty of the venue. Thanks for a great event!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Dave · Married on 12/03/2016

Attention Susan Pratt and all staff -

I was truly impressed how well you and your team managed my daughter Carolyn's wedding + reception + dance two weeks ago ! It's a beautiful place !

You had to deal with your typical Sat. aft. public time that day + then quickly convert the whole barn to set up for Carolyn and Jon's wedding - lots to do in a limited time !

Yet you did what had to be done - efficiently and smoothly in the background - without stealing any of the 'glow' off the celebration. So, I say to you and your team - well done !

And thank you ever so much !!
    I would not hesitate in arranging a similar event at your place in the future !!!
    It's a beautiful barn - warm and cozy !

Dave Crysdale

Sent on 12/16/2016

3.8
      3.0

The Barns were at first very easy to deal with. We signed our contract with them about six months before the wedding. As the date approached The Barns began making more rules that were not in the contract. Specifically we could not have a tent which we learned about 4 days before the wedding. Thankfully we had no rain the day of the wedding. Also we would originally told we would only pay for the wine used but ended up paying for all the wine The Barns set aside for us - almost $1,750 worth of wine of which only 1/3 was consumed by our guests. We were also told we had to have a day of planner again not specified in the contract. They were flexible on other areas and pleasant to work with. My advice is to get everything in writing from them. They are fairly new to the wedding scene and learning on the way. Also I would like to see them clear the venue at 5:00 PM when they close. We still had customers roaming the venue at 5:45 with a ceremony starting at 6:00 PM - including a very drunk, obnoxious bachelorette party.

Sent on 06/15/2013

2.8
      1.0
      3.5

Venue was gorgeous. Businesslike demeanor of owners gave us confidence they would do everything great. Wedding turned out great. But, lots of little stuff left a bad taste afterwards. They were inflexible to any changes and treated the whole night like a transaction to sell more wine. They didnt even send a thank you -- they just billed our CC for the extra wine. A little 'hope you had a great time, BTW, we just billed you for an extra grand' would have been appreciated. Especially when they were pushing the wine so much that they didnt listen to us when we asked them to tear down the wine bar. They actually shut it down and opened it up again without asking ... thus depriving many folks from hearing our live music. It also got too warm downstairs during dinner since the doors were pried open too--get another AC folks! I am sure they will calm down by next year and pay more attention to keeping the customer happy since it is a great venue and has great potential.

Sent on 11/11/2013