The Barn on New River Reviews

1 User photo

The Barn on New River 1

Tori · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Venue

The Barn on New River is such a beautiful place. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect place to get married. The owners are so kind and care deeply about the couple and work hard to make the experience great. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get married at an effortlessly beautiful venue in the mountains.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Camera Fitzgerald · Married on 07/27/2019

Splendid People!

Paula is such a joy to work with! The Barn is a beautiful venue with the perfect setting. Paula has definitely thought of everything and is a true professional! We could not have found a more perfect place for our son’s wedding. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    The Barn on New River 2

Hannah Mccurry · Married on 07/27/2019

The most perfect venue for my wedding!!

The Barn on New River was the most perfect venue for our wedding! We loved every detail about this place! I was obsessed with the barn the second I walked in it. It was exactly what I dreamed of for my big day. Another reason I chose this venue was because the owners are so awesome. Paula was simply amazing with how helpful she was and how quick she responded to any of my questions. I would recommend this venue to anyone, especially my family and friends so I can have an excuse to be back there! :)

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Noah

Noah Gerringer · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Decision By Far

Paula is absolutely fantastic. Not only is the barn and surrounding land kept beautiful but she made sure that everything was taken care of and helped with absolutely anything we needed! We asked her to step in and make sure we were on schedule with everything and she did an amazing job! The suites were perfect for getting ready the day of and she made sure there was no added stress on us. The atmosphere is so welcoming and fun but also emphasizes the beautiful scenery of the mountains and New River. We couldn't have found a more perfect place to celebrate our marriage!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Tim

Tim Gupton · Married on 06/12/2019

Casual but Elegant

We celebrated the 19th annual Gamekeeper Auction to support the Blue Ridge Conservancy and Middle Fork Greenway at The Barn. The venue was spectacular and we graciously accommodated over 200 guests. Thank you!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Lucy

Lucy Holliday · Married on 09/15/2018

The dreamiest High Country Venue

This was the only venue I visited. I fell in love instantly upon walking in the barn. The high ceilings, chandeliers and rustic flare make it a truly magical place. Paula was so great to work with- kind, flexible & very responsive. Our guests had amazing feedback on how the venue was set up and all of our vendors said it was incredibly well designed. Yes, yes, YES to this gorgeous place!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Erin · Married on 07/21/2018

The Barn on New River is something very special. It is beautiful, fun, and has an easy elegance. Along with our guests, we loved the indoor/outdoor aspect of the barn. The pictures are absolutely beautiful from our big day. The bridal suite and the honey moon suite were beautiful and very comfy! The cabin on the property is adorable and spacious. Paula the owner is kind, hard working, responsive, open to ideas, and has amazing taste. It says a lot about her that no one knew it was only the 2nd wedding ever to be on the property. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with. So many thanks to her and her family for making the day so special.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2018

The Barn in the New River is absolutely stunning. The minute I walked in the barn I knew this was the place I wanted to say I do. From the beautiful winding river to the gorgeous chandeliers that hang in the barn this place took my breath away. It has a rustic charm intertwined with a classy romantic ambiance. Paula and Mark worked with me each step of the way to make sure my day was perfect, and it was. They have absolutely everything you need to give you best experience possible. I’m so thankful I had such an amazing place to say I do.

Sent on 07/30/2018

The Barn on New River's reply:

Thank You Stephanie, we loved having you!

Paula Domske

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

Pictures do not do this place justice!! All of the small details are beautiful and carefully thought out. The surroundings are private & breathtaking!! I just can't say enough great things about the owners & this amazing venue!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Tina · Married on 07/14/2018

This is the most amazing venue in Ashe County. The venue showcases beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains while only steps away from the New River. The facilities are top notch with plenty of room for a large wedding party and reception. The icing on the cake is the owners. They go above and beyond any expectations to accommodate.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Shannon · Married on 04/28/2018

I was truly impressed by the Barn on the New River because of the natural beauty surrounding the venue, and the beauty of the barn itself. It's a unique location right on the river which allows wedding party to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere and even kayak if their hearts desire! I loved the way the barn is situated across from pond making the perfect picture. Paula has designed a space for all guests to enjoy! The on site cabin is so nice and convenient for the bridal party. It too is clean and decorated beautifully! I'd recommend this venue to anyone who loves rustic glam!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Morgan · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Barn on New River

The Barn on New River was definitely a great choice for us! The barn has the most beautiful and elegant landscape, lighting, and design. So many great photo opportunities. I loved that the venue allowed us to be outdoors and indoors throughout the wedding. Paula is so kind and easy to work with. She made the wedding planning process much easier! The honeymoon suite is very quaint and such a convenient amenity. We loved every aspect of the barn, and would highly recommend it!

Sent on 05/30/2019