The Barn at Young Harris Reviews

26 | Young Harris, GA

26 Reviews for The Barn at Young Harris

Pat Williams · Married on 09/12/2020

December 21, 2019

My granddaughter is serving in the Army and stationed in Texas. When she announced to the family that she was getting married and wanted to come home for her wedding I was tasked with finding the perfect venue. She requested a rustic setting for a small intimate family gathering to share in the beginning of a new phase of her life. She specifically requested for a “barn” wedding. After searching and exploring many barn venues I felt that The Barn in Young Harris would defiantly meet her expectations. She was sent pictures and given the website and was very excited about the location. She wanted a December wedding and set her wedding date as 12-21-2019. Her wedding day met all her expectations except for one small detail….she wanted it to snow! The Barn was perfect for the “family” wedding! Since the wedding was in late December we were confined to hold everything inside; the ceremony and reception. The inside is so spacious that even with 75 family members in attendance we were never crowded. The Barn was so easy to decorate and Melanie and her husband went the extra mile to accommodate our needs and wishes. They were awesome to work with. I highly recommend The Barn in Young Harris, Georgia if you are looking for a venue with a spectacular view (even in the dead of winter) easy to work with owners and that rustic but perfect barn setting.

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Amy

Amy Compton · Married on 09/06/2020

Breathtaking Mountain View

Absolutely beautiful venue!! The property is filled with many different options for ceremony sites. From the pergola with the mountains in the background to the beautiful barn, The Barn at Young Harris is the place for mountain weddings!

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 08/15/2020

The PERFECT North Ga mountain venue!

I can’t begin to give the Barn at Young Harris or Mrs. Melanie the praise they deserve! We spent a whole day going around looking at wedding venues all over GA, but I knew as soon as we visited the Barn and met Mrs. Melanie that The Barn at Young Harris was the PERFECT venue for our special day! Mrs. Melanie truly goes above and beyond for her brides, from being super responsive to the millions of questions I had, accommodating a date change amidst a pandemic, providing numerous decorations to use for free, having cabins on the property to rent for your bridal party, and being the sweetest soul throughout the whole process. I can’t recommend this venue enough! It has breathtaking views and was everything I wanted and more. Thank you so much for everything Mrs. Melanie!

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Devin

Devin · Married on 04/20/2020

Perfection!

We can’t wait to have our special day here! Everything is breath taking from the mountains to the fields to the closet of decor! We couldn’t be happier with our choice!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Franklin · Married on 04/04/2020

The Barn at Young Harris

This venue is outstanding! The pictures on her website dont even to begin to do it justice! The 360 degree mountain view is truly astounding! My Fiance started breaking into tears as we drove onto the property! We knew it was our venue, and where we wanted to be married!!

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/21/2019

Best venue ever

I am so happy to recommend this venue to anyone wanting a mountain wedding! I looked several venues in North Georgia, but the views from the Barn at Young Harris beat everything else. Melanie (owner) was very helpful answering any questions we had throughout the planning process. We had a very elegant wedding with very formal table settings and an upscale cocktail hour and buffet with carving station. The barn was the perfect venue to host an elegant mountain wedding. I am so in love with how our wedding went and know we had the most perfect venue! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Gail Haney · Married on 05/10/2019

A great venue in a beautiful mountain valley!

Our son got married at The Barn at Young Harris this October. The setting in the valley with the mountains surrounding the venue is breathtaking. There could not be a more beautiful wedding venue. The owners, Melanie and Wendell, are fantastic -- very responsive and flexible. The Barn and Pavilion were perfect to accommodate 160 wedding guests and it was great using the same venue for the rehearsal dinner. The bride and bridesmaids rented the adorable 3 bedroom on-site cottage and it was perfect for getting ready for the wedding. My husband and I rented the other cottage and it was a life-saver as we used it to prepare the flowers for the wedding and prepare for the rehearsal dinner.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Chelsea Parente · Married on 04/27/2019

The Perfect Venue!

This venue was everything my husband and I could have ever wanted and more! Our wedding day was beyond perfect! The views are breath taking, the barn is beautiful, and it is just so perfect for so many different types of wedding themes. We had a boho themed wedding, and everything just flowed and was so beautiful! Melanie and her husband are so delightful to work with! They are so accommodating, they keep in great contact with you, and they are so sweet and caring! I am so thankful for their help in making our special day so perfect!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Stephania

Stephania · Married on 11/10/2018

One of the best parts of my reception!!

If there is anyone that is considering a rustic reception (or any event), in the North Georgia Mountains, with a great view that doubles as an amazing picture backdrop, then please do not think twice about checking out/booking this amazing venue! My husband and I were looking for a wedding reception venue that would comfortably allow for about 200 guest and this place was more than enough! Melanie (the owner) was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process, from our first visit to the day after the party! Melanie was professional and she made it super easy for us to contact her, and responded to our question loaded emails in a reasonable and timely manner, which made it so much easier for us to plan. Choosing The Barn for our wedding reception was definitely one of the best choices we made to make our wedding day even more memorable!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jennie Wainer · Married on 11/03/2018

Breathtaking mountain venue

This venue was BEAUTIFUL! It was the first place that I stumbled upon online when I searched "mountain weddings" and it was the only place I wanted to get married. We got married in November and the leaves on the mountains were truly breathtaking. The venue has everything you could possibly need, with both an outdoor space, covered outdoor space, indoor space, and additional rooms like a bridal suite and kitchen. The owners were exceptional. They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed for our big day. They set out the amount of tables and chairs we would need, had a room filled with decor / signs / etc that we could use, and made sure all the small details - like cutting the grass! - were accounted for. I'm extremely thankful that I found this beautiful place and I recommend it to ANYONE, but ESPECIALLY those who prioritize the mountains, an outdoor/indoor wedding, a dance floor, and rustic vibes. You won't regret booking at this wonderful pace!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible view for an affordable price!

We were so lucky that WeddingWire recommended The Barn at Young Harris as a venue, based on my other search results. It's a relatively new venue, but a wonderful location, with an absolutely gorgeous view! The best thing is that it's such an incredible venue at an affordable price! Melanie was very sweet, and always helpful. We were able to bring in our own decorations, and make my wedding exactly as I wanted. We couldn't imagine having our special day anywhere else!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Leah Mock · Married on 09/16/2018

the barn at young harris was perfect!

I had my wedding here in September & I absolutely loved it. The owners were so easy to work with, even with a massive storm coming through. They went over and beyond to make sure our wedding day was everything we had dreamed. Melanie and her husband both put in so much work to help out our families and vendors to get everything set. Melanie was quick to answer all of my questions and gave input that really helped me to make decorating decisions. She also gave a good amount of vendor recommendations in the area that we were able to use. The venue is stunning, rain or shine. The cabin on sight is adorable too! My bridesmaids got to stay there & loved it!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

We booked The Barn At Young Harris almost a year ahead and it was sure worth the wait! Our event last weekend was the most wonderful day I could have hoped for. Throughout the previous year Melonie and Wendell were so gracious and responsive to our many questions! The venue setting is breathtakingly stunning and the facilities were picture perfect for my daughter’s wedding. It is obvious that the owners have and continue to invest their hearts and souls into this one of a kind venue. So if you are considering, book it now! Many, many thanks to The Barn at Young Harris for an unforgettable event!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Becca · Married on 10/14/2017

We were so lucky to find the Barn at Young Harris for our wedding! It's the perfect hidden gem in the beautiful North Georgia mountains. The owners, Melanie and Wendell, are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet! They have put so much time, effort, and love into their property, and it shows. The package we were able to get for our budget was amazing, and it gave us plenty of time to prep the barn for the wedding and clean everything up once it was done. I can't imagine how much stress we saved ourselves by choosing this venue! It had everything we needed right in one place, so we were able to host everything from the rehearsal dinner through the reception in one location, which was a lifesaver. This venue made our wedding day just perfect, and we couldn't have imagined a better spot to begin our lives together.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jade · Married on 05/28/2017

Melanie was so helpful with anything and everything that we needed. The barn is in such a beautiful place. They have truly hit the jackpot with that location. I loved that we were able to have the rehearsal dinner there as well. It was just the perfect day!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/06/2017

Melanie was absolutely amazing! She made the whole wedding experience for me a positive one. She went above and beyond in every aspect of my planning process and was always kind, and always texted me back immediately! She genuinely cares about people, and the experience they have there. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here! The barn, pavilion, and property are kept up so nicely, they have worked so hard to make their venue a fairytale to their guests! The views were amazing and there is a back up option for if it rains! ( which it did on my wedding day ) we decorated the pavilion beautifully and had our reception in the barn! Overall we had no negative experience working with them and we highly recommend them to the next couple looking for their place to start their happily ever after! ????????

Sent on 05/14/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/06/2017

The owner, Melanie is awesome. She is always available to answer questions and give advice and direction. The venue is gorgeous and private. Views of surrounding mountains and a creek on the property.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Cole · Married on 04/29/2017

This is by far the best venue!! Beautiful mountain view, great location and Mrs. Melanie and her husband are the best!! Such amazing people!! I would definitely, and have already, recommend The Barn at Young Harris for all the new brides!!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Kayla · Married on 04/22/2017

The barn was everything that we dreamed of for our rustic wedding. The view is gorgeous, there were plenty of parking. The owners, Melanie and Wendell were there for anything that we needed throughout the planning of the wedding and the day of the wedding.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/15/2017

She is always available to answer questions and help in any way! The fact that she gives you the ability to make the barn "yours" on that special day was huge for us. We were lucky to find this venue from my father simply driving past it. In the last year I have watched several wonderful changes happen at the barn and I know they have plans for more. My absolute favorite part of this venue is the backdrop. This barn sits perfectly in the Brasstown valley of the blue ridge mountains. I loved every second of our special day simply for that view and the barn gave plenty of room for our guests to spread out and enjoy the evening! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 04/23/2017

coral · Married on 04/01/2017

This is a beautiful venue...my wedding day was absolutely perfect. the mountains behind us as we said our vows.
    I would recommend to anyone..Melannie and her husband are amazing to work with. The facilities were perfect for getting ready and having the reception. we had the time of our life.
    i can stop gushing about how perfectly everyhting went that day...Thank you so much

Sent on 04/30/2017

Brittney · Married on 09/17/2016

There is not enough great things I can say about The Barn at Young Harris! If the scenery does not make you choose it the owners will. Mr. and Mrs. Abrams are two amazing people! I am so glad I chose the Barn at Young Harris, it was exactly what my husband and I were looking for.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

The Barn at Young Harris was fantastic. The rustic environment and beautiful mountain scenery made my wedding an absolute fairy tale. The owners were wonderful and helped with all the planning and decorating. They ensured everything went smoothly. The Barn is affordable and close to many different hotels which was convenient for guests. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Judith · Married on 06/11/2016

The Barn at Young Harris was my number one choice for a wedding venue! The property is beautiful, the view is amazing, and the owners are incredible to work with. If you're looking for a place to have your rustic barn wedding, then you should really consider this venue!

Sent on 11/04/2016