The Barn at Valhalla Reviews

The Barn at Valhalla 5
The Barn at Valhalla 6
The Barn at Valhalla 7

Sarah · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Every penny spent towards booking the Barn at Valhalla was money well spent.

Initially, we were concerned about the higher cost of booking the Barn for the weekend. However, the flexibility the Barn gives you in bringing in your own vendors gives you the opportunity to stay within your budget if you are on a tighter budget.

Sent on 02/26/2018

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Sarah! :)
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 03/23/2019

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue!

I cannot recommend this venue enough. One week ago, I married the love of my life; not only was the setting perfect, but the people who we worked with were so amazing and helped everything flow seamlessly. The entire process, from reserving our date to helping on the actual wedding day, was easy and they were always helpful. They answered all of our questions, even the ones that were last minute, every step of the way. I cannot thank you all enough for everything!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Rebecca · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful wedding venue!

We loved being able to book the Barn at Valhalla for the whole weekend and design our ideal wedding weekend. Our guests loved it there and kept talking about how beautiful the venue was. I would highly recommend it to any couple!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/20/2018

A Dream Come True

We cannot say enough amazing things about this place. From communication through the planning process, to amenities and little touches, to the venue itself, everything was perfect. This place is a total dream and was absolutely perfect for our wedding weekend. We had a small wedding (70 people) but most people had to travel here, while we are local. The Barn at Valhalla felt like a destination event in our own backyard, providing enough space for out of town family and friends to stay with us. It was an extremely comfortable home for the weekend and an incredible wedding venue, all rolled into one! Our guests kept telling us how amazing this place is - "pure magic" I believe was the phrase thrown around! The value for the cost is totally worth it, and the memories we created will last a lifetime. Thank you!

Sent on 01/22/2019
    The Barn at Valhalla 8
    The Barn at Valhalla 9
    The Barn at Valhalla 10

Elisabete D · Married on 10/16/2018

Our family's experience at Valhalla was outstanding!

Our family's experience at Valhalla was outstanding! From the time of our first tour to checking out the day after the wedding, we were shown incredible cooperation and patience. Any question you had was answered quickly and you never felt as though the question was silly.
    Marguerite and her family offered suggestions when we had doubts about set-ups or anything else. Definitely, professionalism with the heart to see that my daughter's wedding was going to be as she wanted it. It felt like her wedding mattered and that they were family too, pulling along with us to make sure all went well.
    For those that were there all three days, it offered a time for two families to bond and old friends to rekindle memories. All our guests were impressed by the beauty of the venue and the peaceful atmosphere it radiated.
    The back drop of nature made every bridesmaid walking toward the outside stone fireplace beautiful and made my daughter, the bride, glow among the fall leafs as she said her vows.
    Valhalla is not a venue, but an experience you and your guests will remember for a lifetime!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Brittney · Married on 09/29/2018

The venue and location could not have been more perfect and the owners made our wedding experience a true dream come true! Everything about our big day from the start of planning to the day of went about as flawless as any bride could hope for! Wouldn’t have wanted to have our special day any where else!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    The Barn at Valhalla 11
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful venue for the whole wedding weekend!

My now husband and I live out of state from most of our family and friends, so choosing a venue that would allow us to spend quality time with our out of town guests was important to us. The Barn at Valhalla allows rental for the entire weekend of your wedding, including guests to stay with enough sleeping accommodations to allow for our whole wedding party to stay with us for the entirety of the weekend! Not to mention, the venue itself is absolutely stunning! Once we laid our eyes on the Barn, we pretty much knew it was where we were going to get married. We looked at other venues afterward, but kept coming back to the Barn. We are so glad we did! We had our ceremony outdoors underneath the trees, and despite a hurricane hitting the weekend before the wedding, the owners were very responsive to any issues that came up as a result of the storm and were promptly available. We did have some issues that were unresolvable, but the owners handled it as best they could and were very apologetic. We realize that mother nature took things a bit out of their hands, and we appreciated how attentive they were to our needs! The Barn at Valhall is the most stunning backdrop we could have asked for, and our wedding photos (as well as our engagement photos, also taken there) will be cherished forever because of it!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2018

Words cannot begin to express how much we loved having our wedding weekend at the Barn at Valhalla. Since most of our guests were from out of town we loved being able to rent the venue for the whole weekend so that everyone could stay there and enjoy themselves. Not only is the venue beautiful, but it includes everything you could possibly need including tables/chair, large industrial fridges, audio hook-ups and plenty of photo-ops. The new chandeliers and hearth deck were stunning. My bridesmaids also couldn't stop raving about how comfy the beds were and one of them immediately went home and ordered the same mattress topper for her bed!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

We got married in May so this is a bit overdue, but I just had to post how much I loved our wedding at the Barn at Valhalla. It was beautiful! It was just like having a destination wedding without going too far from home.

We had many out of town guests and we wanted to spend as much time with them as we could on our wedding weekend. We hosted our rehearsal dinner our first night at the Barn, the wedding and reception the 2nd night and then a casual brunch Sunday before everyone left to head home. It was so easy to have the space to ourselves the entire weekend.

Having rooms to stay for the weekend was wonderful and worked out well for the majority of our wedding party to stay onsite all weekend. The hotel we reserved was nearby and had a shuttle we could sign up for which helped a lot as well.

I personally liked the fact that we were not restricted to a specific vendor list to use, we could do whatever we wanted. This was a lot of extra work on my part to make sure I had little details figured out, that I am sure would not be an issue with more inclusive places, but I liked this factor so I could make it our own weekend.

Anyone we contacted at the Barn was always quick to respond and very helpful. I want to plan another event there just to go back!

Sent on 08/29/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/17/2018

Our experience with the Barn at Valhalla was nothing short of exceptional. Carly and Dillon were wonderful hosts, owners, and were more hands on than one could have ever imagined! Carly and I may have even developed a small friendship due to the amount we communicated! :) No question was too large or small (or too late at night), they were willing to go above and beyond to accommodate us and ease or stress levels, and of course - provided an AMAZING venue. I HIGHLY recommend renting the venue for the entire weekend like we did so you can fully enjoy the gorgeousness of the venue! You're basically walking into a Pottery Barn catalog. No expense has been spared in the decor and details, they have not forgotten a single thing you may need, you have an large and lavish inventory available to use for your big day (which is a huge stress reliever), and you have an expansive amount of property and space to use which you do not find anywhere else! Being able to rent the Venue for Friday-Sunday REALLY allowed us to be able to enjoy time with our family and friends, enjoy the setup and decor process, and not feel rushed or pressed with timelines. Carly and Dillon were ALWAYS available if we needed anything never hesitated to respond via e-mail or text if we needed anything. As with my other vendors, I truly feel that we made a friend with them, we would highly recommend this venue to anyone, and we knew at first sight that this was it for us! We encourage you all to venture out for yourselves. Everyone deserve the wedding experience we had! Thank you so much guys!

Sent on 03/23/2018

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

I began to tear up reading this!! Sarah, thank you SO MUCH for this kind, thoughtful, and sweet review! I absolutely feel that I made a friend too! You have been such a pleasure to work with and I am so thrilled that your wedding was all that you wanted it to be. Thank you for being such a pleasure!! Miss you already!

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

I cannot recommend this place enough! The owners are amazing and so accommodating and responsive. Any question or need I had was immediately met with zero hassle. The place itself is just gorgeous and was the perfect location for a weekend wedding. We did the rehearsal dinner in the lodge on Friday night, and the ceremony in the lodge, and reception in the barn on Saturday night. Guests loved the big hearth too! It definitely made our wedding so much more special to have that extra time with family staying on the property the entire weekend. This place was great!

Sent on 02/28/2018

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Courtney, Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write us this thoughtful review. I know I spoke to you earlier this week, but I wanted to say thank you again! It truly means a lot that you would take the time to write this review. You and Noah are such a sweet couple with wonderful families. Couples like you are why we love this job!! Congrats again to you and Noah!

Samantha · Married on 11/18/2017

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Choosing the Barn at Valhalla was one of the smartest decisions we made in planning our wedding! Carly and Dillon made sure that the venue was immaculate and ready for our special weekend. We were very lucky to have perfect weather for our fall wedding, and the fun and stockpile of amenities helped with that. It was very helpful to have coolers, tables, chairs, etc. at our disposal for us and our guests. Everyone also enjoyed the pool table, ping pong, darts, and more!!! The venue provided plenty of room for many, and the master suite was FANTASTIC! We highly recommend choosing the Barn at Valhalla for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Matthew · Married on 11/04/2017

Dual-hatted as a business owner and the father-of-the-bride, I was a bit skeptical when my daughter and her fiancée said they had found the perfect venue for their nuptials. The price seemed reasonable and their description of The Barn seemed over-exaggerated. Suffice it to say that I rarely feel that I got more than my money's worth, but what Dillon and Carly have created is a rare gem of a venue which offers intimacy and beauty at a tremendous value. Their attention to detail, professionalism, dependability, responsiveness and flexibility made this an ease to coordinate, financially manageable and -- most importantly -- a wonderful and memorable milestone for us and all our guests. The location and amenities are absolutely incredible and we are already hoping our next daughter will consider holding her wedding at the Barn.

You. Will. Love. It.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Alice · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding at The Barn was absolutely phenomenal! The outdoor fireplace, the gazebo, the Lodge and the Barn were all the best venues ever. Our guests are still talking about our beautiful wedding setting and it was a month ago!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jonathan · Married on 09/09/2017

WOW! The Barn at valhalla in chapel hill N.C. What a beautiful way to complement our wonderful state! My wife and I, Jessica and Jonathan Kalanarhos got married at this venue 9-9-17. The options at this venue are endless! You are not restricted by any means for creativity as every inch of this venue was extraordinary! The Barn comes with all the bells and whistles classy dish wear and silverware to the decrative library and out of this world man cave and hot-tub. They have all the tables and chairs for your ceremony and reception. Style of round rectangle or square to fit any dream exactly how you dreamed it. They have really nice folding ( white chairs) to complement an elegant wedding as well. Everything was so easy to get to without any issues. An extremely spacious venue but not over whelming. There is a great staff that will assist you with any of your needs or concerns. They are dedicated to making sure your special day is all you ever wanted. They went above and beyond for my wife and I. Great Americans! Extremely friendly and sincere.
    This venue sits right beside a beautiful lake. And softest grass you will ever put your feet on. Eligant! I cannot say it enough. The joy and expierence you will have is litterally breath taking. Its worth every penny!

Sent on 09/14/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Jonathan, you are the best! Thank you, thank you for writing us a review! I'm so glad that we've continued our friendship after y'all's wedding! I'm so glad that you and Jessica were happy with the venue. That makes my heart happy! See you soon, I'm sure! - Carly and Dillon

Louise · Married on 08/19/2017

Goodness, where even to start! Having our wedding at The Barn at Valhalla was absolutely lovely. From our first visit until the Sunday after the wedding, Barbara, Dillon and Carly were the best to work with. They were so flexible in helping us find the PERFECT ceremony spot (those woods are magical!), they made sure we had everything we needed, and were truly invested in Joel, myself, and our families as people, as opposed to just clients. Having the barn and the lodge for the whole weekend was such a treat - Friday night was a relaxed rehearsal dinner, and all the bridal party stayed at the site for the weekend. It made things so special to have dear family and friends all in one place. We can't recommend this place too much - it's absolutely stunning, it's the perfect place to foster togetherness, it and made our celebration so sweet. Thank you, Barbara, Carly and Dillon, for taking care of us so well! We couldn't have wanted things any other way.

Sent on 09/24/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Awww, you are so incredibly sweet! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to write this review for us! You have no idea how much we appreciate when people actually sit down and take the time to write these. I am so glad you had a great wedding. We enjoyed our time with you also and we hope y'all will come back and see us! -Carly and Dillon

Heidi · Married on 08/05/2017

I know a lot of people just throw 5 stars up and move on, but I can't tell you how sincerely I mean it when I give the Barn at Valhalla 5 stars. Barb, Carly, and Dillon are the kindest people and they really care about your experience at the Barn and the memories you make there! And just think about the benefits-- a place for you and your guests to sleep, its really like 4 venues in one and you can use it however you like! The more creative the better.

Sent on 08/26/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi...WHY are you always so sweet!? I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed getting to know y'all and having y'all at The Barn for your wedding. I loved every interaction that we had with y'all. You two were such a genuine couple with genuine love for one another. It was an honor to witness that and be a part of your big day! Thank you! - Carly and Dillon
  • holmesdavis

Jacky · Married on 05/20/2017

Awesome venue with exceptional value. Renting both the barn and the residence gave us space and flexibility to entertain our guests for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. There is plenty of room for our guests and wedding party to stay on-site.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Jacky,
    Thank you so much for the review! It means so much that you took the time to write and post this. I truly appreciate it. Your photos were so beautiful and you were a stunning bride! Wishing you both all the happiness in the world! - Carly and Dillon

Jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

We recently got married at the Barn at Valhalla and could not have been more happy with choosing this venue for our wedding. We booked the Barn and Lodge Thursday through Sunday for our Saturday wedding and hosted our international and out-of-town guests on site for the weekend. Having the space to keep our family and friends close to us throughout the weekend was amazing. We definitely used the venue to its fullest - we had our rehearsal dinner in the lodge (~30 people), the wedding outside on the grounds (~90 people), the cocktail on the barn deck (~90 people), dinner inside the barn (~55 people), and a brunch the day after the wedding on the hearth deck (~30 people). Barbara, Dillon, and Carly were all extremely kind and helpful in the months and days leading up to the wedding, and willing to work with us to make all of our wedding dreams a reality. We really believe that second to its charm and beauty, the best part about booking the Barn at Valhalla is the ability to turn your wedding day into a wedding weekend and extend the time you have to enjoy every moment of this special time. We were able to set up the day before and clean up the day after, eliminating the need to worry about stopping the party to pack up and leave before midnight. We 100% would recommend hosting your wedding at the Barn at Valhalla.

Sent on 05/17/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Thanks for the 100% recommendation, Jessica! When we started this business three and half years ago, we were so nervous about making everything perfect for our couples. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it. It truly means so much to us, thank you!! Also, thanks for taking the time to write this. It really means a lot. - Carly and Dillon

Alex · Married on 04/29/2017

For our wedding, this was the perfect venue. Dillon and Carly (the owners) are very nice, very helpful, were insistent on being there when we arrived and help setup things as much as they could. I feel like anything we wanted they would have done happily. They really wanted us to have the best weekend possible.
    We loved the autonomy we were given. Basically, here is a beautiful venue with a lot space, gazebo, tables, etc - do whatever you want them, just try not break anything.
    We had a lot of Indian ceremonies, so having the venue for the whole weekend was perfect for all the events.
    Being able to stay on site with a lot of family also helped with organizing and setting up all these events.
    The suite for the bride and groom is ridiculously cool. I just wish we had more hot tub and relaxing time.

Misc: for events over a certain size they need you to have a portapotty as backup as they’re on septic, that was ~$150ish. They also require wedding insurance through their provider at BB&T which was ~$400, apparently it’s tailored for the wedding but also to cover the people staying on site over the weekend.
    They have some preferred vendors, but allow you to use whoever which is great because some other venues we were looking at required you to use their specific vendor which is also owned by them and was always much more expensive.

Sent on 06/17/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

I just wanted to hop on here and say THANK YOU for writing us this review! You are the best! We truly appreciate you taking the time to sit down and write this. It was so thoughtful and I think it will be really informative too for future brides and grooms to read this. Thanks so much! Truly! - Carly and Dillon

carol · Married on 01/21/2017

My daughter's Winter Wedding at the Barn was perfect! Barb was fabulous to work with and made the planning process a breeze. Carly and Dillon, the owners, truly want to make your EXACT wedding vision a reality! They even helped us unload and setup when we arrived. The entire property was like "our home" for the weekend. We wouldn't have changed a thing! The Barn is a true gem for any special day!

Sent on 09/23/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for writing this review! It means so much to us that you would take the time to write it! I'm so glad you enjoyed your daughter's wedding. We hope you will come back to The Barn sometime and say hello! -Carly and Dillon

Hannah · Married on 12/17/2016

The Barn at Valhalla was the most amazing and special venue for our wedding. The location is breathtaking, from the fields to the pond to the buildings themselves. When we learned that there were sleeping quarters included, we knew it was a perfect fit. We were able to host our entire wedding party at the venue, so that it truly felt like an experience, from getting ready to dancing to morning coffee. The staff and owners made us feel so welcome and taken care of. They've truly created a unique venue and experience that I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 10/09/2017

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Hey Hannah! You are so sweet! Thank you for leaving us a review! That means a lot to us. We love hosting great couples like y'all! I'm so glad that I've gotten to spend more time with you at Tuesdays Together. Hope to see you at the next one! :) - Carly

Bridger · Married on 09/03/2016

The Barn at Valhalla was the absolute perfect venue for our late summer evening wedding! Carly and Dillon, the owners, along with the venue manager were incredibly accommodating and made our wedding weekend an absolute pleasure! The grounds at the Barn are gorgeous (hello awesome pictures!) and incredibly well kept and having the option to also rent the Lodge (which we did) was amazing! The bridal party, along with the parents of the bride, were able to spend the entire weekend on the property which made for a hassle free and relaxing wedding weekend! I highly highly recommend this venue for your wedding celebration! I could not be happier with our choice and will cherish every minute we spent at the Barn at Valhalla! Thanks for making the best day of our lives truly magical!

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Max

Max · Married on 07/16/2016

We haven't had our event yet, but we just signed out contract and Barbara (the property manager) couldn't have been more helpful. The property is beautiful and well-maintained and they are super laid-back and will work to make your visions come true. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Hunter · Married on 06/11/2016

The Barn at Valhalla was such an amazing place to have my wedding! The barn is so naturally beautiful that it really doesn't require much more décor, but at the same time it is easily customizable with whatever theme or look you desire for your wedding. It is also a lovely bonus that it has air conditioning, which was much appreciated for our hot June wedding. We also used the lodge for our wedding weekend, which made it like a destination wedding without the stress of actually planning from really far away. It really made the whole weekend that much better (and less stressful) that we could stay the night with our wedding party from Friday to Sunday. With the boys getting ready in the man cave in the lodge and the girls having the entire upstairs to the barn for ourselves, it was really just the perfect setup. Everyone at the barn is so easy to work with and they really do everything they can to make your day exactly how you dream it!

Sent on 09/01/2016

The Barn at Valhalla's reply:

Hunter, thank you so much for your review! You are so sweet to take the time to write us one. You looked so beautiful and HAPPY. I know that you two are meant for one another. Excited to see you again soon! - Carly and Dillon