The Barn at Stoney Hills Reviews

11 | Cushing, MN

11 Reviews for The Barn at Stoney Hills

Tyler Halonen · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Absolutely Amazing

My wife Mackenzie and I were married here during the Summer of 2019. WOW. Randy and Joni went above and beyond during every step of the way - and I mean every step.

We didn't know what to expect when booking a venue, but we felt like immediate family when working with The Barn at Stoney Hills. Our guests felt at home during the entire day and the comments we got on the property / venue were incredible! The entire day and planning experience from start to finish was amazing.

If you're thinking about booking your day here, I'd recommend doing it fast. Once the word gets out about this place - finding a date will be tough. We were SO lucky to get in.

One review cannot do this justice, so from the bottom of our hearts - Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Sent on 12/16/2019

The Barn at Stoney Hills's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Tyler! Randy and I were so honored to host your wedding, the start of your life with Mackenzie together and to meet both of your awesome families! Very unique and special :) . Warm thoughts and prayers continue your way :)

Nicolette Klenk · Married on 09/24/2019

A Magical Experience

Venue & staff were God-Sent.
    If you are looking to have the most magical wedding, look no more. Here it is. First of all, the land that the venue sits on is stunning. 400-something acres of beautiful woodland and rolling hills make for amazing photo backdrops. There is a house on site available to rent that makes it so convenient for your VIP guests. Their grooms quarters and bridal suit for getting ready in are to die for. This venue has a few options for ceremony sites. Depending on the weather will determine where your ceremony is. One option is, you can get married on the top of a hill overlooking miles of beauty. Another is with woodland as a backdrop for woodsy vibe. If you have rain or snow, the inside of the venue is all new chandeliers with wood and beauty all over. Which brings us to the venue. We booked this venue out of good faith. It wasn’t even completed fully when we booked but we thank God that we did because it exceeded our expectations. The owners Joni and Randy are the nicest couple. We loved having Joni there to help things run smoothly throughout our wedding day. She helped so much behind the scenes. The venue is breathtaking. Every detail has been though of, from having their own ice machine, to the beautiful tables and chairs they provide, to the keg urinals in the men’s bathroom. Their are stunning chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, large retractable garage doors, huge clean prep kitchen, propane lit tables for guests to sit around, and also have a 2 fire pits. The cherry that tops it all, they don’t have strict catering or alcohol rules. Meaning, they will let you pick out who you wish for your caterer. Which seems like such a minor detail but actually makes the biggest difference. Some venues don’t give you this option and you’re stuck with a bum caterer. Not this place! Pick you you’d like. Although, if you are indecisive, they have a few suggestions to choose from. I’m telling you, get married here! Our weekend was so magical. The Barn at Stoney Hills was God’s plan for us. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and couple that owns this venue. A million stars, infinity awards, and unlimited likes and loves for this wonderful venue!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Brittney Foxx · Married on 09/21/2019

The Barn at Stoney Hills

The Barn at Stoney Hills is an AMAZING venue to get married at with multiple locations to say your vows and always a back up plan if the weather isn’t cooperating. The barn house for guests to stay in and the on site camping available the night of your event was a huge hit. Joni and Randy truly thought of every detail when designing this wedding destination and were so helpful and knowledgeable throughout the planning process and the weekend of our wedding. We are almost a month out from our wedding date and friends and family are still talking about how awesome it was and we have a few couples that attended our wedding looking into having there’s at the same location. I would highly recommend this venue as it is nothing short of five stars.

Sent on 10/17/2019

The Barn at Stoney Hills's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Brittany! Randy and I were truly honored to host your wedding weekend. And wow, what a tight group of friends you have!! Truly blessings!! We'd like to wish you and Eric the very best in all this life has to offer--know you guys are already living it!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2019

Truly the Perfect Fit

I could not say enough positive things about The Barn at Stoney Hills or the owners, Joni and Randy. This place's natural beauty is the perfect backdrop for capturing the special moments on your wedding day, then the barn and onsite facilities truly complement with chic and rustic touches. We stayed onsite all weekend, which provided so much convenience for family and our bridal party! We hosted our Groom's Dinner in the courtyard the evening before, and were able to bring our own food and drinks. For the wedding day, the bridal suite is absolutely lovely with plenty of room for the whole party to get ready. We had our hair stylist and make up artist come onsite which worked perfectly. The venue offers multiple locations for the ceremony to best fit what the bride and groom envision for that special moment of exchanging vows. Joni and Randy didn't miss a beat when designing this venue and were readily available and responsive during the planning process, as well as the wedding weekend. We were able to make the day what we always dreamed and I am so very thankful I found this location!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 09/14/2019

The most beautiful, fun venue with the sweetest and most helpful venue owners.

The Barn at Stoney Hills was an incredible venue for a multitude of reasons. Joni and Randy are the sweetest couple and were there to help us with every question and request that we had along the way. They offer up their large home on the property to be used for the wedding party to stay in all weekend. Having our crew together for the weekend made it so much more fun and relaxing. The bridal and grooms suites that are right next to the house are amazing. Our parties of 12 fit perfectly in the suites for getting ready. The girls had room for hair and make up stylists to come in and the boys had room for games and lounging in such a nice setting. The Barn is breath taking inside and out. We had 240 guests fit so nicely. Having the garage doors open up at the end of the night to extend the dance floor our towards the outside bar and bonfire created such a great flow. The whole property is picturesque, the owners are beyond sweet and the ceremony site options are beautiful. We couldn't have had more fun and are ready to go back!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Krista

Krista Newman · Married on 08/31/2019

A Wedding Our Friends Can’t Stop Talking About

Hands down we had the best day of our lives thanks to Joni and Randy. The absolutely beautiful and brand new venue that they have built is perfect for any wedding. From the hilltop alter overlooking rolling hills and ponds, professionally decorated bride & groom suites (equipped with makeup mirrors, salon chair, full size multi faceted mirror for the final product), golf carts and reception barn (including rustic farm tables, linens, decor, it goes on and on) - they cut no corners. The responsiveness and help provided by Joni and Randy on our wedding day (from sound checking everything and even down to finding a rose gold safety pin in a pinch!!) is second to none. If you are looking for a venue that offfers it all and then some all while allowing your imagination to run crazy with a do it yourself style of food/beverage/decor (without the added costs!!!!) and that your friends will not stop raving about you have to see the barn at Stoney hills (after one visit you will fall in love).

Sent on 09/05/2019

Sydney Miller · Married on 08/17/2019

Why Go Anywhere Else?

The Barn at Stoney Hills is such a beautiful place to have your wedding. The owners are the nicest people you will meet. They open up their home to you, so once you get there you never have to leave. Al least until the wedding weekend is over. You even have the option to get it for the entire weekend, the wedding I was apart of did that and it was so relaxing. Probably the most relaxing wedding I've been apart of! They have two different areas to hold the ceremony, and endless areas for gorgeous pictures. Another favorite area for the wedding party was the bride and groom suites. These were and awesome addition for getting ready the day of the wedding and not having to scramble in a hotel room or in a house. They were something I have never seen before. The reception area is perfect down to every last detail, and even the option to expand to the outdoors! The venue itself is pretty spread out, but don't worry, they provide shuttles (aka golf carts) to help people get to and from. The wedding I attended had extra ushers to help with this. Honestly, this place defines perfection when it come is to a relaxed and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Becky Tillma · Married on 07/20/2019

If you could have your wedding anywhere, chose The Barn at Stoney Hills!

I had the privilege of attending and helping my best friend plan her wedding at the Barn at Stoney Hills. If you have an opportunity to have your wedding or event at this incredible location, I highly recommend it. The pictures don't do this beautiful venue justice. Not only are the barn, home, bride and groom's quarters stunning, there is absolutely nothing lacking. The owners have literally thought of everything you may need at your venue, and things you didn't even know you needed. The list is endless.

My friend and her husband had the bridal party and her immediate family stay at the home on Friday and Saturday night. I highly recommend this. There is plenty of room for everyone who you may want to stay close to the wedding venue. Plus, they held their groom's / rehearsal dinner in the barn on Friday evening as well. Which is another plus.

The owners of The Barn at Stoney Hills, Joni and Randy, are absolutely incredible. They are readily accessible and on site for any questions, concerns, or needs you may have. It is my understanding the Barn at Stoney Hills is a family run venue. Yet, they treat their guests like family.

If you decide to have your wedding or event at the Barn at Stoney Hills, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Kayla Rardin · Married on 07/12/2019

Wonderful!

We rented the barn for a Friday wedding and everything was perfect! We were able to go in and decorate on Thursday and drop off anything else we needed for Friday. Friday morning we arrived at the barn to start hair and makeup for the girls and the guys arrived early in the afternoon to get ready in the grooms suite. We received nothing but compliments from all the vendors, as well as our guests, on how beautiful everything was. It was truly a magical experience and Randy and Joni were always readily available if needed and stepped in to help when needed. Such a great time for everyone involved! I would not only recommend the one day rental but if you’re able too - I would highly recommend renting for the weekend so you can enjoy everything they have to offer and really take it all in.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • David

David Jensen · Married on 06/28/2019

New Venue is the Best Near Brainerd, MN

The Barn at Stoney Hills was everything I could have hoped and dreamed for. I am a relatively rustic/outdoors type of guy and my wife certainly falls on the other side of the spectrum. Somehow this venue was able to provide everything that we BOTH wanted. The ceremony site was beautiful as we overlooked wetlands, fields, and trees. It was simple and charming. Then we were able to transition into the actual building for the reception. The Barn has all the perfect touches and attention to detail. Owners, Randy and Joni have a knack for knowing just what brides and grooms are looking for and were able to create a venue that will make lasting memories for not only the couples lucky enough to book their big day there but also all those attending the weddings and celebrating with the couples!

I 100% recommend this venue! I have been able to get one other couple to go out and look - they booked a date in 2020 at the Barn!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/22/2019

Dream wedding experience

During the stressful yet exciting time of searching for wedding venues I was thrilled when I first found the Barn at Stoney Hills. Even though it was in the process of being built I knew that this was a magical place. First off the property is gorgeous. But I could not in my wildest dreams imagine how perfect it would turn out! The barn is crafted in such a beautiful way and is absolutely AMAZING!!! Our wedding day was a dream come true! 6/22/19
    Randy and Joni are such a beautiful couple and so down to earth. They were a joy to work with and truly made our day so special (thank you guys).

Honestly if you are searching for a beautiful, elegant, barn wedding venue look no further and check this spot out!
    💕💕💕