The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill Reviews

20 Reviews for The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill

20 The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill Reviews

Kimber Walls · Married on 10/31/2018

A Magical Place!

My husband and I threw together an elopement (in secret) in 5 weeks. Candace (owner of HH) made this possible for us by being the most flexible, accommodating, helpful, sweet person alive! We did all of our planning without ever seeing the venue in person so I was of course a littler nervous about what we were signing into but WOW, it was just beautiful. Candace has a little piece of heaven in Asheville and it is just the perfect venue for any wedding with the barn chapel, lily pond, ourdoor areas. I could not be happier with how our day, photos, everything, turned out! Thank you Candace!

Tiffany · Married on 10/20/2018

Simply magical

Honeysuckle Hill was my dream venue. Candace and the rest of the mingle team do a great job as making your wedding exactly how you imagined it. I got compliments from a lot of my guests on how beautiful everything was and how easy it was to find the venue. Even my older traditional grandmother who was first unsure about me not getting married in a church said it was the most beautiful ceremony she had ever been to! I highly recommend this venue especially if you’re looking for a single location for your ceremony and reception.

• Meg

Meg A · Married on 10/13/2018

A Dream at Honeysuckle Hill - Asheville, NC

My husband and I always knew we wanted to have our wedding in Asheville. However, we did not realize when the day came that we would be living abroad and unable to scout venues ourselves. Luckily, my mother in law was up for the task making appointments across all the major venues in the Asheville area.

She visited Honeysuckle Hill and immediately sent us a message to say I THINK I FOUND THE ONE. She was very impressed with space - a beautiful red barn, rustic indoor chapel, large grounds, and lily pond. What was even better was the venues owner Candace also owns Mingle Events & Vintage Rentals and Engaged Asheville. She has years or experience planning and designing weddings and bringing together the wedding vendor community to work together as one unit!

This was a big plus for us as planning a wedding from abroad we could not spend a lot of time vetting vendors.

When we were able to visit the space while home for the holidays we were SO happy! Candace was also wonderful allowing different family members (Mom, sister, etc.) to stop by to see the venue during different visits. As we had a lot of help from our family to make the day come together it was super helpful that they could check out the space.
    The space is gorgeous on its own and is very warm and inviting. We worked with Candace and the Mingle team to hand pick the vendor dream vendor to make our unique vision come to life. We had beautiful flowers from Smash Events Inc. who were also our caterers as well as bespoke lettering by JoyUnscripted. We also added personal elements through picture displays that Candace helped us set up with vintage touches from Mingle Vintage Rentals.

We were so happy we chose Honeysuckle Hill as our wedding day was absolutely amazing! The sunlight shining through the old tobacco barn during the ceremony to an open cocktail hour with enough space for kids to run around a family and friends to catch up without being squished into a room. Before the wedding, we had never had a change to visit the space at night and it COMES ALIVE. The soft lighting and grey wood has a warm glow. As well as the patio and fire pit provide a dance floor reprieve and the perfect space for conversation. We were able to easily fit our 150 guests and have something for everyone.

Final plus (that I think it sometimes overlooked) is the venue is easy to navigate! If you have older guests or anyone relying on support from a cane or walker, they do not have to worry about navigating steps or hills on the property.

Thank you again Candace - we had the most beautiful day at Honeysuckle Hill! Thank you for making our dream a reality and for all your hard work coordinating with us from Europe.

• I

Irena · Married on 09/15/2018

They were professional, warm, organized and SO SO SO good at what they do!! The venue is GORGEOUS and we fell in love with it the second we drove up. It is extremely well taken care of, the bridal suite and grooms den are absolutely beautiful and the chapel is such a sweet and gorgeous ceremony backdrop. There’s a kitchen onsite which is helpful and plenty of parking and a parking attendant who can help guide guests. The lily pond was one of several beautiful spots on the property for pictures. I can’t say enough great things about this place!! It’s a magical place to say “I do”. ❤️❤️❤️

Cricket · Married on 09/01/2018

Honeysuckle Hill is an AMAZING place for a wedding! I had looked at many places for our daughter's September wedding, but wasn't 100% on anything, until I saw HH! I brought my daughter to look at it and she was sold; she didn't need to see anything else. It was just perfect. We did the "all inclusive" package and it was worth every penny. I had heard so many stories from other friends who, by the time their daughter's weddings had arrived, were so stressed out, exhausted and weren't even able to enjoy the wedding. This was NOT the case for us at all. Candace Hightower, the owner of HH, is beyond amazing. She has fully vetted out vendors who are reliable, fun, professional and beyond talented. Picking from her people was such an easy process, everyone was seriously beyond great to work with and although it's still a lot of work to plan a wedding, this process was a true joy of a journey! I cannot recommend The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill enough. It's not just a beautiful place, it was a beautiful experience, the entire way. Emily was our wedding co-ordinator and she totally rocked it! On the day of the wedding, everything was covered so that we as a family could enjoy the day. They kept telling me that even as the Mother of the Bride, I would be a guest at the wedding and it was so true. We felt so loved and cared for and the day was perfect. :)

The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill 1

Kaylee · Married on 05/13/2018

This venue was perfect for my wedding! It was absolutely perfect! Candace was extremely flexible and accommodating for when we needed to visit the venue. She was friendly and inviting and helped make my wedding day so special. I would recommend this venue to anyone. And the venue is so beautiful! The décor was exactly the way I wanted it to look and her and her team helped to make that happen. During our 30 day visit, she wanted to make sure that she did everything to make my vision happen. Candace was a delight to work with!

• Mallory

Mallory · Married on 05/05/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Honeysuckle. They made our wedding a DREAM. After our venue canceled 13 days before our wedding, Candace and her team saved the day. So beautiful and worth every penny!

Kayla · Married on 12/20/2017

When planning my elopement in the mountains I knew I wanted something that felt like home. This venue was just that. The barn is rustic yet so elegant. It was literally perfect for me and my husband. The red barn is the perfect backdrop for photos and the inside is just as beautiful. There are so many details that have been thought out and well executed. Candace, the owner, is WONDERFUL! She put together a package for my special day and included more than I could ever imagine. She helped me feel less stressed when we spoke about all the details. When I got there and started unloading all my décor, she jumped right in and helped set up and arrange everything to look spectacular. She went above and beyond and I was blown away by her helpfulness and generosity. The venue is amazing and so is the owner. I could not recommend a better place to have your special occasion at! I am so glad I found this wonderful place!

Amber · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about this place. From the food to the attentiveness of all the staff, my wedding was a dream come true.

Chloe · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Honeysuckle Hill on planning my upcoming wedding has been a dream. The chapel is magical and Candace and her staff are so easy and accommodating and come up with fabulous ways to make my wedding special and unique and beautiful! I would recommend this serene setting for any one who is looking to have a wedding that has rustic charm with an elegant flair!

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

Gorgeous venue, tucked away in the hills outside of Asheville. You get the whole property of open fields, a pond with a gazebo. It was great having a small beautiful chapel and a large open reception area at the same place. Our guests loved not having to drive anywhere after the ceremony. The pond and fields were amazing backdrops for our photos. The bathrooms and bride and groom suite, were great and fit the theme perfectly. Our guests loved being able to have an indoor and outdoor area (where we were able to have a fire pit and outdoor games). We had 150 guests and did not feel cramped at all. If you are looking for a rustic venue, look no further.

Lillian · Married on 09/16/2017

This place is awesome! Candace could not have been more wonderful. She was so attentive and handled all the details of the day.! She even pulled a bouquet out of thin air when there was a mix up about the flowers. I could not be happier!

Thomas · Married on 08/26/2017

Talk about beautiful, I remember the first time I saw Honeysuckle Hill. I was amazed at how well the vintage charm blended with modern amenities. It has everything you could want in a venue and Candace and her team are what made the entire day a joy. If you are looking for authentic beauty and first class service, you couldn't ask for anything better.

Carolyn · Married on 05/28/2017

I can't say enough about how gorgeous this venue is. But the real gem is Candace, the owner. When my dear friend's venue canceled on them 2 weeks before their wedding, Candace stepped in and single-handedly saved their wedding day, offering up Honeysuckle Hill on super short notice, and working with the couple tirelessly throughout the week to make sure their day was perfect. She worked with them on their budget, and provided everything from tables, to china, to decor, and staff, all with just 13 days notice. As a wedding photographer myself I've worked with Candace on other weddings and I can't say enough about her amazing heart to serve. She works to make sure that every couples' wedding is perfection, even if that means mopping up spilled drinks on the dance floor! If you book this venue you can expect to be treated like royalty, and every aspect of your wedding day will be attended to. Don't even look at any other venues; The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill is the BEST.

Brooke · Married on 06/20/2015

We loved everything about The Barn at Honeysuckle Hill. It was the perfect place for us to hold our ceremony and reception. We were challenged with finding a venue that could hold a larger wedding and also accommodate the reception, this venue met those needs in a charming, elegant and rustic way. The bright red barn, antique tractors and beautiful gazebo on the pond were perfect for all of our photographs. The service was great and they were quick to respond to all the questions we had along the way.

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

Our wedding at Honeysuckle Hill was magical! It was the perfect venue for our 130 guests to eat, dance, and play lawn games. The space is just the right mix of NC rustic and modern industrial. Highly recommend!

Harriet · Married on 05/07/2016

I love Candace and I love Honeysuckle Hill. It was the DREAM venue - rustic, but not dishevelled and big enough but not overwhelming. Plus, the fact you can have your ceremony, photography and reception in one place is great - less logistics and costs, more time to enjoy your wedding. Oh, and it's like 15 minutes from downtown, which means all your guests will be easily able to get there, but it feels like a world away.

Alexandria · Married on 10/19/2018

Bride and Groom

The Barn at Honeysuckle is absolutely beautiful. Candace was a huge help in making our day a smooth success. My husband and I cannot believe how absolutley perfect our day was! We definitely recommend Honeysuckle!

4.2

I would highly recommend this venue. It is a beautiful hidden gem and the girls are so sweet to work with. The shear beauty of this venue really was enough to make me say yes. There are so many great locations for photo ops on their property. Their really is a value in this venue, which was really important to me. You can see photos of this venue at honeysucklehillevents.com. I beleive they are a fairly new venue still. You can order decorations, props, furniture and classic cars from their vendor Mingle Events. I can't wait to have my wedding there in 2016.