The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond Reviews

25 | Poynette, WI

25 Reviews for The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond

Allison · Married on 06/29/2019

Most beautiful barn in Madison area

The barn was beautiful! It was a hot day so the air conditioning was amazing. We had many kids invited so they all played out back behind the barn. The staff are extremely helpful all the way up to the day of the wedding. Amazing place to have a wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Adkins · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing!

This was the best venue ever! Renee is an outstanding person to work with an acts as a day of wedding planner, ensuring everything runs smoothly. The venue is gorgeous, indoors and out, so you can't go wrong even if it rains. We had 225 guests and there was plenty of room for an outdoor wedding. It would've been very cramped (but doable) as an indoor wedding though so take that into consideration

Sent on 06/19/2019

Ryan Stack · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent experience, highly recommend

This is an excellent place to have a wedding. It is a beautiful location, and a lot of it has to do with the owners, who I found extremely professional and on top of everything. They were great anticipating things, but never being noticable - which is a hard line to draw, and we dealt with severe rain threats.

The sound system they have set up, fits the acoustics of the barn perfectly, which was very important to us, and the climate controlled interior was great.

Great indoor/outdoor options for everything, we found locations for all of our pictures there. Renee is very accomodating, and I cannot stress enough that she knows her facility and is happy to sit down and talk details or specific concerns.

There is a reason they are booked up as much as they are.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 08/11/2017

I left Renee and Gary a raving review on their Facebook page but they went above and beyond for our wedding on 8/11/17! Renee was very experienced and almost acted like a day of coordinator for us. She was extremely attentive and knowledgeable and I can't say enough nice things about their staff and their venue! The grounds are absolutely amazing and they are perfect for pictures and an outdoor ceremony! Our guests raved about the venue and I credit the staff at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond for our flawless event!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2017

Renee and Gary were wonderful to work with. They answered all my questions quickly. The day of went perfectly--- Marsha coordinated everything. We got so many compliments on our venue; it was gorgeous inside and out! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Tiffany · Married on 01/07/2017

This place is AMAZING. Almost all of our guests commented on how spectacular our venue was. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff is amazing. Renee responds to emails and calls SO quickly, had great suggestions and on the big day was very helpful. I had NO idea what was going on the day of and she kept me in the loop and helped everyone else get things taken care of for me. She was great throughout the entire wedding planning process AND on the day of. Props to her team, they were just as great as she is. I wish I could get married there all over again!

Sent on 01/12/2017

The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank-you for the review Tiffany! Everyone should know you had a beautiful wedding, and were an amazing person to work with.
    Our best to you for a wonderful life!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 12/02/2016

I couldn't have dreamed of a more gorgeous barn venue. Their place has all the charm of a real barn on the inside, with the year-round comfort of an insulated, heated/cooled, newly constructed facility. Absolutely beautiful grounds for taking photos, too. The Whirry family was so kind, helpful, and accommodating. 1,000% recommend!

Sent on 12/28/2016

The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Thank-you Emily! What an amazing winter wedding and couple.
    If anyone is thinking of doing a winter wedding, this couple did it right!

Emily · Married on 09/30/2016

We have booked The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond for our September 2016 wedding and could not be more excited for it. The owners are phenomenal and have answered our many, many questions and emails. I cannot wait to work with them this next year in planning our dream wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Luke · Married on 09/11/2016

First of all, Renee and Gary are the nicest people in the world. Look no further for the best barn to get married in. From the beginning to end, the communication with Renee was excellent so that everything went over smoothly on your day. My wife and I went into this barn for the first time and knew it was the one from the first step. The amenities on site are perfect for a wedding day, including: 4 rustic bathrooms, a mens lounge down stairs, a bridal room with mirrors for the lady’s, a hayloft for dinner seating that also works excellent as a “rain out” ceremony, a full length bar with tappers, a basic kitchen for holding cakes or pies, a fridge for all the wine. Outside: the backdrop can’t be beat, with a stone fireplace, willow trees, and the choice of either a staged wedding or between the willows. I wouldn’t have wanted my wedding any other way than at the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. Thank you Renee and Gary!
    Luke and Samantha

Sent on 09/18/2016

The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

A response with a tear, as you are one of "our" couples that we will always remember with smiles, getting to know you. Your review is much appreciated, but getting to know you was much more appreciated.
    Our best!

The barn is absolutely beautiful and the owners keep making improvements to the yard in the back. Heating and air condition are also installed in the barn, which is great for hot summer nights. The barn is also very wheel chair friendly which was very important to me for my grandparents. The owners are also very helpful and flexible.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Stacy · Married on 09/18/2015

I can't say enough great things abut this venue and its owners! The barn and grounds are beautiful and very well kept. If you are hoping to have your wedding here yet u have to book at least a year and a half in advance but it is WELL worth the wait. Within the two years since we had booked our wedding date they did so many upgrades and beautiful changes and renovations to the barn and the grounds. It's great to have a place that you can spend your whole wedding day at, from getting ready to dancing until the late hours of the night. The barn dis the perfect balance of rustic, chic, romantic. Even if you're not considering a "barn" wedding, go check out this location, it will definitely change you ur mind!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • JMthirteen

Jaeca · Married on 09/13/2015

Our wedding is in September 2015, but I booked the barn in July 2014 after falling in love with the place as soon as I stepped through the doors. Ever since then, Renee has been a blessing to work with. She responds to my e-mails promptly (no more than 24-48 hours, if that!), she puts up with my incessant questions (we have tons of e-mail back and forth), and she and Gary are very accommodating when it comes to visiting the site. After working with her for almost a year now, I'm so completely satisfied that our wedding will be a truly magical day with the help of the two amazing owners. It truly eases the stress a bride has throughout the course of wedding planning!

Sent on 05/31/2015

AMBER · Married on 09/12/2015

Our wedding at the Barn was absolutely magical! Our ceremony was under the willow trees..the property is just breathtaking, inside and out! Our guests couldn't believe how beautiful it all was! Renee and Gary are wonderful, genuinely good people and very communicative and helpful through the entire wedding planning and day process! We can't thank them enough for sharing their gorgeous property with us!

Sent on 11/12/2015

We feel so lucky to have found Renee and Gary and their unbelievably beautiful Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. It couldn't have been a more perfect setting for our big day: we got married under the willow trees, had our cocktail hour on the terrace, and enjoyed an evening of great food and joyous celebration in the barn and its loft. Working with Renee and Gary couldn't have been better. When we thought we were going to have to move indoors due to rain, they helped us figure out a way to make that shift as painless as possible--both for us and for our guests. I never waited more than 24 hours to hear back from them, and normally it was much, much less than that. They were flexible, helpful, and just all around the best facilitators of our event we could have asked for. Any couple would be fortunate to work with them. Thank you, Renee and Gary!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kiley · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I are so glad we were able to hold our entire wedding day at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. This is a very flexible venue and you're able to make your wedding exactly what you want it. I couldn't have asked for more wonderful people to work with. Renee and Gary were very accommodating and helpful. I highly recommend the barn to anyone looking for something other than your traditional banquet hall!

Sent on 02/07/2015

allyson · Married on 06/28/2014

Renee and her family were great! They were very helpful in the setup and take down of our wedding! They responded in a timely manner to any questions that I had and their venue is BEAUTIFUL! I truly had an amazing night and would highly recommend the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2013

Renee and Gary are amazing to work with! We began planning our wedding in early 2012 and originally booked their other venue in Markesan, WI. Due to unfortunate venue updating requirements by the state they decided to close that barn and we had to switch to the Barn at Harvest Moon. I'm SO happy we decided to make the change and carry our contract over instead of searching for a different venue altogether. I can say that the ease of working with Renee is the reason we stuck it out. They are incredibly accommodating and will do everything they can to make sure your day is perfect.

Like the other reviews there was a family that was touring the facility while we were setting up the morning of our wedding and Renee was sincerely apologetic however I didn't mind and assured her it was ok. It really was. We all go through the planning process and I visited during another brides set-up time too (and she was super cool with it as well) so I didn't get upset. And I actually ended up speaking to the people who were booking and told them about my planning experience with Renee. As far as Renee's responsiveness I guess it depends on your expectations. I give her a 5. I planned and sent my questions accordingly knowing it was prime wedding season so I didn't always expect a reply immediately.

The venue itself is amazing. Gorgeous photo opportunities are everywhere! I felt so at home being there and got a ton of compliments on choosing the venue.

Overall, I would most definitely recommend this venue. Our experience was amazing and I'm kinda bummed that the wedding is over. I always looked forward to talking to Renee and Gary :)

Sent on 10/30/2013

Eva · Married on 09/14/2013

Renee made me feel like we were family. She takes the time to make sure all are needs were met. The location is beyond beautiful. It was perfect!

Sent on 12/07/2013

Lyndsey · Married on 02/23/2013

It has been almost 5 years (in February), 2 kids, and a new home since our wedding at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond, and we still can't stop talking about this beautiful venue. I've been to another barn wedding since mine, and although that venue was very pretty, there was still no comparison to the gorgeousness of your barn. My husband and I plan on renewing our vows someday, and will definitely be back here to do that.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Megan · Married on 10/02/2015

The venue was beautiful! We couldn't have been more happy with our venue along with all the guests who couldn't believe how beautiful it was. They were wonderful to work with and the wedding pictures were beautiful! So many great beautiful places to have the wedding pictures done!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Beautiful venue. Got many compliments from our guests. Hard to find date to use venue because they are so far booked in advance.

Sent on 06/01/2015

This venue is amazing. It is so beautiful with the pond, barn, and the flowers. The barn itself is gorgeous. Plus it has wifi, air conditioning, a great back up for rain, great bar, and tables with chairs. It was great that we got to bring in our own bartenders, food, alcohol, etc. Renee was easy to work with via email- she was pretty responsive and good at explaining the logistics of the venue. We live out of town so I had quite a few questions. The wedding was spectacular! The grounds and the setup were gorgeous; they definitely work hard. I am so happy with how it turned out. The only things we had a few issues with was trying to get the ipad to work with their system to show the slideshow. I am happy that we were able to try it out at the rehearsal, but they weren't much help in trying to figure it out. We ended up using a laptop for the slideshow. Also, the bartenders told our guests that they had been told by the venue owners to pour the alcohol we brought in "lightly," which I thought was over-stepping the contract, but it didn't cause an issue. They also cleaned up a bit early, but it didn't interfere with anything. Overall, we are so happy with the wedding and the venue. I would 100% do it at Harvest Moon again! We had the best wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/01/2014

4.2

This place is beautiful!!! Both Renee and Gary were very helpful. Would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a beautiful, non banquet hall wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2014

3.8
      3.0

We held our wedding at The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond in Poynette. We loved the location and it was just as beautiful as we had hoped. We had some iffy weather and weren't sure we were going to get the outdoor wedding we hoped for. Luck was on our side as the rain held off until after our ceremony. Renee and Gary were very helpful with setting up the ceremony area late in the day to make sure it wouldn't get rained on and then taking it down quickly as we ran inside away form the rain. The venue is wonderful we brought in all the decorations, food and were able to stock the bar to meet our guest needs. I had a very hard getting a hold of Renee, It took a few days and reminder e-mails to hear back from her. She also had a tour during our rehearsal, which I was overall fine with I just wished she would have asked or informed us before hand. Renee was not around the day we scheduled to meet at the barn to make final plans and it was also the morning of a wedding so the bride was there getting ready. The Bride was great and didn't seem to mind but I felt bad for interrupting her day. Overall you can't beat the venue it is beautiful and the location for us was prefect.

Sent on 10/28/2013

3.8
      2.5

The barn is a beautiful place for a rustic setting for a wedding. There were so many great picture opportunities. We had the most perfect day. Renee was very responsive prior to the wedding and always available for questions via email. The price for the setting is great, especially since you can provide your own food and beverages. On the day of the wedding I was a little dissappointed with her availability and actions. They were already setting up for the saturday wedding while our wedding was still going on, it was like they were already over ours before it was even close to being done! We couldn't find her to figure out where to move the chairs for the dance floor after dinner and she toured people through the venue on our wedding day!!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

The Barn at Harvest Moon Pond's reply:

Yes your wedding was beautiful and we appreciate the review.
    We did apologize that you could not find us to move the chairs for the dance, but did explain that we working with the person doing the music as his dance equipment was not working and needed to be switch over to ours to make the dance happen.
    We also sincerely apologize for the people that stopped in from Alaska the morning of your wedding, with no prior notice. They had booked their wedding, not seen the barn and were not coming back till their wedding day.
    Normally we would never ask to accomendate anyone for a tour of the venue on the wedding day, but because of these circumstances, we did get your permission before we allowed them to enter, and we sincerely appreciate the quick 10 minute tour. Our best to you always for a wonderful life!