The Barn at Gully Tavern Reviews

5 | Rice, VA

5 Reviews for The Barn at Gully Tavern

Taylor Angle · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely perfect!

The owners are amazing to work with. Super flexible, and they really want to help you make your day as special as they can. They are easy going and hard-working. They are on top of things, professional, and they want you to be happy! Everything was set up and ready before the wedding and they helped make everything run smoothly. The venue and the barn looked amazing! I would highly recommend checking the barn out and visiting! Great experience!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Skelton · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing venue with great owners!

My husband and I had a wonderful experience getting married at the Barn at Gully Tavern! The owners were extremely helpful, and worked with us throughout the entire process. This really helped me be less stressed with the entire wedding planning process! Not only that, but the barn itself is BEAUTIFUL! The pictures turned out amazing! We had both our wedding ceremony and reception inside of the barn (to escape the July heat), and the turn around of tables and chairs happened without a hitch! The tables there are solid wood (gorgeous!), and hand-built from trees on the farm! If anyone is looking for a spacious barn, with a cozy outdoor-feel, this venue is for you!

Sent on 07/31/2019

V Lewis · Married on 04/27/2019

Our Sons Big Day at The Barn at Gully Tavern

I would like to thank Robert and Dawn for making my sons wedding day perfect! They went over and above in accommodating us with the what we needed. Choosing the right venue can be stressful, but when we met Robert and Dawn and saw their beautiful venue it took a huge weight off of our shoulders. They were very easy to communicate with and they took the time to really listen to us so they could capture our vision. They made us feel like we were at home.
    When ever we had questions, leading up to the big day, they were very quick to respond to us. It was very easy to coordinate our florist and caterer to visit the venue. We never felt rushed when we had to meet with them.
    On the big day Robert and Dawn were very attentive. They even had other family members there to help make the day run smooth. They were attentive, but not overbearing.
    We really appreciated the small things, such as the wooden tables were built from the wood off of their farm, the bar was built by their brother-in-law using old doors and materials. The entire family (children, parents, sister, brother-in-law) joins in together making sure everything is just perfect for the big day! It's a family affair and we loved it. That is why we felt like we were at home because of the kindness, caring and love they showed to us!
    Thank you so much Robert and Dawn!!

The Lewis Family

Sent on 06/13/2019

Kendall · Married on 12/15/2018

My Dream Christmas Wedding

Ever since I was a little girl I had dreamed of having a Christmas Wedding and thanks to The Barn at Gully Tavern, this dream came true. The owners went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly for our big day! The Christmas trees in the barn are gorgeous! The Christmas decor was perfect! One of my favorite things about this venue is the wooden tables along with a variety of wooden chairs that went around these tables. The barn looked beautiful with the lights in the windows, the wreaths hanging from the windows and doors, and the lights around the barn. The owners will do anything they can to make sure your event is everything you ever wanted it to be. If you want to have your dream wedding, I would definitely recommend The Barn at Gully Tavern.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

Laura Moser

Venue is superb; owners are terrific; wedding was fantastic. All tables, chairs, etc are in excellent condition. As a wedding coordinator, I know that a venue owner can make or break a wedding; this family - owned operation excels at efficiency, professionalism, and friendliness. I highly recommend The Barn at Gully Tavern.

Sent on 07/21/2019