The Barn at Crescent Lake Reviews

The Barn at Crescent Lake 7
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 12/22/2018

I loved it!

The venue was nice. I just loved how it turned out. I am a very visual person so not being able to see it set up prior was a clutter difficult for me. But it turned out amazing everyone bragged about how good it looked. The staff were in top of everything the whole night. There were no worries or stress on me. I really enjoyed myself! The only thing I did not like was the turnover in staff.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Truly breath taking venue! Michelle was amazing to help us get everything together for our 200+ guest and accommodate to everyone!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Megan · Married on 10/04/2015

I'm having my wedding here on October 4, 2015. It is absolutely beautiful!! The lake backdrop is absolutely stunning with the boat house in the background and beautiful trees. The barn there features chandeliers, show rooms to be used for the cake and gifts, and we are having the reception in the barn. They have been so professional and kind. My fiancé and I definitely recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 09/27/2014

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us and for sharing your big day with us here at the farm.

So courteous and professional while at the same time the individuals working during my wedding made me truly feel like they were the happiest for me. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Jeanna · Married on 08/29/2015

My favorite part about the venue were the separate bride and groom cabins that allowed the wedding party to get ready. The bridal cabin could have used more lighting since that is where we had our make-up done, but it was so quaint! I also chose the venue because I could have the ceremony and reception at the same location, which is super convenient for guests. There was also two ceremony locations to choose from, the barn and lakeside, just in case of rain. My original plan was lakeside, but since it down-poured, we moved inside the barn last minute. My coordinator and farm staff were so accommodating despite the awful weather. They always had smiles on their faces and did whatever it took to pull it off. I will never forget how hard they worked to make our special day an unforgettable experience! I have already recommended this venue to a couple of friends looking for a rustic, yet elegant location for their wedding. You won't be disappointed if you choose The Barn at Crescent Lake to be your unique wedding venue!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Christine · Married on 05/03/2015

From the moment I saw the barn, I fell in love. This is what I had dreamed of. Everyone was so nice and every time I called, they returned it within 24 hours. When I toured and when we sat down and planned everything, they took our son and took him around the farm so we can tour at ease and plan everything at ease!! The barn was decorated beautifully and couldn't help but cry when I saw how beautiful everyone was. Both my husband and myself are outdoors people and there was no better way to encompass who we are. The sunset, the bonfire, everything! They are so knowledgeable and have so many resources to help you. Booking everything was a breeze. I am so thankful for everyone and I think the owner is doing a great thing with the farm and the staff is just wonderful!

Sent on 07/13/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a glowing review. Christine we appreciate you and your husband sharing your big day with us here at the farm. We wish you nothing but love and laughs!

Andrea · Married on 12/20/2014

I am so happy we decided to get married here. It's absolutely perfect! The lake is gorgeous, the barn is picturesque. Very unique. I received a countless amount of "kudos" from our guests in regard to the location. Our pictures literally look like they're out of a magazine. One word- PERFECTION!!

Sent on 01/20/2015

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a glowing review. Andrea we appreciate you and your husband sharing your big day with us here at the farm.

PERFECTION. I could make that the only review on the property, but i know you want more...First things first---> The staff completely surpassed my expectations (times ten). They were helpful, available, and organized. Price--$--> In the words of Bob Barker, "The price is right." My husband and I (as of September 5th, 2014) wanted to enjoy the day without the credit card bills to follow. I wanted to have my day like all us ladies do, but to put this in the most eloquent way, "I had to ball on a budget LOL." They have a cabin on the lake that the ladies get ready in, and the gentlemen can do the same above the barn (in the air conditioning). We had the ceremony a stones throw away from the reception. The guests loved the non travel factor. They have a shed on the property that houses decorations for the wedding as part of the package (I was super happy about that, and yes they're adorable)! The photos from my photographer (Victor Junco VP-Photojournalism, a quick plug for him) were stunning! The photos even from cells were gorgeous. The outside is well maintained, and treated before all visits. We were there in the dead of summer and not a bite on one of our guests. We both had the best day of our life, and we could not imagine doing it anywhere else.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Brian · Married on 03/12/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake provided us with the most beautiful wedding venue. The vendors they had associated with their venue were the absolute best. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day. They provided us with extra amenities that we wanted last minute as a special surprise for our wedding day. I honestly couldn't have been more happy with how my wedding day turned out. Everything was absolutely perfect. The barn was set up beautifully and you couldn't have asked for a prettier back drop.

Sent on 07/06/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a glowing review. Brian we appreciate you and your wife sharing your big day with us here at the farm. We wish you nothing but love and laughs!

We got married on 3/13/16 at the barn and we wouldn't change a thing! We had the all-inclusive package which was the best decision. Blue Skies Events is what the barn uses for wedding planners, and Heather made sure that everything was perfect on the day of so I never had to worry. It even stormed during the reception, but neither I or our guests cared :) All of the staff is professional but also treat you like family and give all they can so that the day is nothing less than perfect. I also highly recommend spending the honeymoon night of at the cabin on the farm, it was wonderful to get ready with the bridesmaids in such a beautiful space and stress-free to be transported there with my husband after the reception to relax. If you want a rustic, related but also elegant wedding (and you don't mind a donkey neigh during the ceremony, yes it happened) then this is the place!

Sent on 06/04/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review we appreciate you sharing your big day with us here at the farm and wish you nothing but love and happiness!!

3.5

This venue is fantastic and had everything that we were looking for. I loved the fact that not only did they have a great partial package but they're all inclusive package was literally ALL INCLUSIVE which a lot of venues we looked at were not. My advise to a couple getting married would be to get the all inclusive package with the wedding coordinator. In my case, being a working bride-to-be and full time mom is challenging enough on top of trying to plan a wedding on your own!

Sent on 06/01/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your most important day with us.

Joni Mihokovich · Married on 09/22/2018

2.8
      2.0
      2.0

A little more help

Although my daughter's wedding day turned out beautifully, I feel that there was a lot more stress involved than there needed to be. Exquisite Events was the coordinator for the event and it was difficult to get a response back during the planning. The day of the wedding,I had brought many decorations for the arch and tables and they were set up exactly as I had hoped. The problem was that at the end of the evening I had been promised that everything would be packed up and put in my car. The coordinator that was there to help was cleaning up The Barn property and my things were all just being thrown on the tables. When I asked where our boxes were, I was told that the caterer must have taken them. So, at the end of a very long, hot day, the bride, in her dress, was looking under tables for some way to get the things in the car. The coordinator waved at us as she was leaving and we were still packing things in the car.
    We went with the "Simply Sweet" package but in the end I could not get a final itemized bill. We did end up paying more than the package price (we upgraded many things with the caterer) but I still would have liked to see the breakdown of the cake, etc.
    The groom's area (above the barn) did not have the air conditioning on and numerous calls had to be made until someone finally showed up that knew how to turn it on. Basically, the groom's party was getting dressed in a sauna.
    My daughter's day was beautiful, the venue was beautiful, but I am not sure that I would recommend this without cautioning that at the end of a long evening, you will probably be in for a lot of clean up if you have brought your own decorations.

Sent on 11/06/2018

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

I do apologize that the ending to your daughter's wedding was a bit more hectic than you would have liked it to be and definitely not what is The Barn at Crescent Lake's standard closing practice. Typically, all of the items are helped into the cars to ensure a smooth exit for the bridal party. We are thankful that the rest of your daughter's special day went beautifully as planned and thank you for allowing us to take part in it.

0.4
      0.5
      0.5
      0.0
      1.0
      0.0

We regret using this venue. My husband and I were so VERY excited to have our wedding at this adorable, quaint, romantic farm on a lake!! We went with this venue over another because we were sold this picture of an amazing, perfect, worry free, dream wedding. Sadly, that is not what we received. Worse yet, is the owner, Ralph's response to our brokenhearted dissatisfaction. He feigned sincerity and apathetically apologized that things did not go as planned, that all our contractual obligations were not met. In his "rebuttal" letter he was condescending and it was apparent he didn't care at all. He doesn't care if you are happy or not with his venue or arrogant staff. My husband and I have agreed not to talk about the wedding as it makes us both utterly sad. It has been two months since our wedding; Our complaints still have not been resolved.

Sent on 05/17/2016

The Barn at Crescent Lake's reply:

We are sorry that you had this experience. We look forward to working together to rectify the issues expressed.