The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Katie G. Getting married on 04/04/2024

A Barn that Bends Over Backward to Make you Happy!

I've always felt that the owners of Canyon Run Ranch and I are seeing eye-to-eye on creating a remarkable day for the couples. They are always in step with going above and beyond. Every wedding day is different, every couple is different, but Canyon Run Ranch is consistently the same is terms of quality, hospitality, and breath taking beauty.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you Katie for your lovely review. Your instict for interpreting a couples personality and relaying that to your floral designs is inspirational for me. Like you said, every couple is different and you go above and beyond to make their wedding reflect who they are.
    Ashley M. Married on 09/17/2021

A dream come true

Amy & Gary’s venue and home is an absolute dream come true. This was the very first and last place I toured. The moment I pulled into their driveway I knew it was the one. There is nothing lacking and I can’t possibly think of anything that needs improvement. Amy has been an absolute gem to work with from start to finish. I would do anything in the world to relive my beautiful wedding. I encourage everyone to have their wedding here, you will not be disappointed. The ceremony in the woods with the willow branch arch is pure perfection. The barn and milk parlor are perfect for the party! The wildflower fields offer the perfect photo opp! We opted to offer our guests honey from Amy’s bee farm and it was an absolute hit. We cannot thank Amy and Gary enough.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley. Your wedding day was breathtakingly beautiful! You have a great sense of style and design. We enjoyed working with you and Zak and send you both our best for a marriage filled with love, beauty and joy.
  • KayLynn
    Kaylynn C. Married on 08/28/2021

August 28th 2021 Same-sex wedding

Amy was extremely helpful in making our day special. She was there to help with last minute details but let us have our space as well. She surprised my now wife and I with mimosas to celebrate the day of. We got so many compliments on the choice of venue from family. It was so worth it.

Hello Kaylynn,
    So happy to hear that enjoyed your wedding day. You and Jordan make a great couple and Gary and I wish you the very best for a joyful marriage. Enjoy your honeymoon road trip too - that sounds like a blast!! Congratulations.
    Aaron H. Married on 08/14/2021

Absolutely perfect!

Absolutely perfect! Cannot recommend this venue enough! Amy is amazing and an even better person. She and her husband Gary were very helpful in the planning process. Also her daughter Carly was our DJ and our bar service. Carly killed it as well! Keeping the party going with fast service at the bar. The woods ceremony is the best part. We received so many compliments about the woods and the ranch in general. Would highly recommend Canyon Run Ranch

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you Aaron. What a fun wedding with everyone on the dance floor celebrating your marriage to Kaleigh - you make a great couple. Thank you for choosing Canyon Run Ranch and best of luck to you both!
  • Lily
    Lily Married on 05/23/2021

Beautiful Venue

This ceremony site was a dream come true. Everything about it is so naturally beautiful that you barely need to decorate. Amy was great to work with and was so kind and understanding. I'm really glad I found this venue!
    One downside is that the area where the bridal party gets ready is not the biggest and where the men get ready, there is no A/C. Even where the ladies get ready, it gets pretty hot as well.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Hello Lily! Thank you for your kind review! We had hoped to have the central A/C installed in the apartment prior to your wedding, but we had a problem with getting all of the necessary components. in time Since then, we have finished the installation and have central air to cool both dressing rooms, the sitting area and kitchenette. Sorry that it wasn't ready for you.
    Congratulations to you again and best wishes!!
    Lindsey S. Married on 12/09/2020

The perfect venue

My husband and I got married here 9/12/2020 and everything about the day and leading up to it was absolutely perfect! Amy was helpful throughout the entire process giving us tons of insight and helpful hints. Gary was so good the day of the wedding making sure everyone got up to the ceremony site safely. Even with COVID-19 in place, our day was an absolute dream. This venue is tucked away quietly in the woods and if you don't know it's there you may miss it, so be sure to look it's absolutely worth it! After our day we have received so many compliments from our guest about the beauty, accommodations and overall feel this venue has to offer. I will forever recommend Amy & Gary's place to any friends or family looking for their perfect venue.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding day. We understand how Covid has made it difficult to plan anything, let alone a day as important as your wedding day. Congratulations to you and best wishes for a happy marriage!
  • Angel
    Angel Married on 10/03/2020

A dream come true

We are so grateful and blessed for being able to spend our special day at Canyon Run Ranch. We had so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and perfect the venue is. The moment we saw Canyon Run Ranch, we knew it was our place. The owner Amy made us feel welcomed right from the start, and we can not begin to express how grateful we are. Amy made selecting a venue easy. The property is a hidden piece of heaven! Our special day could not have been more beautiful, and we are so thankful to have been able to make memories at Canyon Run Ranch. Amy and Gary gave us a place to spend our special day that we never dreamed could be possible!

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you, you ARE an Angel. You and Jeff are an unforgettable couple. It was an honor. Take care!
    Emily T. Married on 09/05/2020

Perfect Rustic Wedding

Canyon Run Ranch was the perfect choice for an out of state (or country!) couple who knows how unpredictable Ohio weather can be. Luckily our day was beautiful! However, the option for a barn wedding in case of rain was exactly the reason we chose this venue. Everything else was an added bonus! The vendor suggestions on their website were extremely helpful and all of the staff were excellent. Amy and Gary were easy to work with and made the actual wedding day breezy and enjoyable. They even introduced our guests to one of their horses! Super unique touch and definitely one of the highlights from our wedding.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you Emily! Although I didn't get to meet you in person until your wedding day, I feel like we got to know you pretty well, pretty quickly. You and Will make a great couple and wish the best in your Colorado home. Thank you for placing so much trust in us.
    Jenna H. Married on 07/10/2020

Rustic Barn Hideaway!

Canyon Run Ranch was the perfect place to have our wedding! Amy has been nothing but accommodating and went above and beyond making our day perfect. The Ranch comes alive at night with the beautiful lights! Our family gave endless compliments for Canyon Run Ranch especially for the photo booth named Olive that Amy created. Canyon Run Ranch will not disappoint!

Hi Jenna,
    Thank you so much. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding day. Congratulations and best wishes to you an Kam!
  • Pendra
    Pendra L. Married on 11/10/2019

Viva la Strings LOVES Canyon Run Ranch!

Canyon Run Ranch is one of our favorite venues for performing weddings and cocktail/dinner music. Viva la Strings regularly plays in the woods or at the rustic barn. Amy and her team very accommodating to our needs and the needs of their clients. Viva la Strings highly recommends Canyon Run Ranch!

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you Pendra! We are always happy to see your SUV drive down the lane - you do a wonderful job providing the soundtrack for our couple's weddings.
    Caitlin Married on 10/18/2019

Canyon Run Ranch was Perfect

I fell in love with Canyon Run the instant I saw the willow branch arch in the woods, and our entire experience only went up from there. Amy, the owner, was friendly, professional, and made planning and our day of go as smoothly as possible.
    Our October wedding was absolutely beautiful- the woods were stunning as they changed color for the fall. The barn was perfect for us and our guests. While us ladies were getting ready in the bridal suite, Amy served us mimosas and made sure we were taken care of.
    When hiccups with our planner happened, Amy and her husband stepped up seamlessly and made sure that my husband and I could enjoy our night. Every vendor we picked from their preferred vendor list were just as amazing and professional.
    We ended up also purchasing Olive, their photobooth, and it was perfect. Our guests loved it and we now have a beautiful guest book filled with amazing photo prints of our family and friends.
    I cannot recommend Canyon Run and Amy enough. Alone, the property is perfect, but the service and support we received from Amy and her husband put our day above and beyond what it could have been. It was absolutely worth every penny. All of my guests were in awe of the magical setting and I couldn't tell you how many people asked me how I even found this gem.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Thank you Caitlin for your kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and Alex from the initial tour, to the engagement photo shoot, the consultation, and finally, your amazing wedding day. You are a doll and Alex is so obviously smitten. We had fun meeting your family and friends as they posed for fun photos in Olive. We wish you a wonderful marriage and are glad to know that you will remember your wedding at Canyon Run Ranch with a big smile.
  • Rachel
    Rachel W. Married on 10/04/2019

An Incredible Experience Worth Writing About

As an October 2019 bride, I would give Canyon Run Ranch + Amy (owner) 10 stars if possible, as a perfect 5/5 doesn’t even begin to touch our satisfaction with the venue itself, and the people who have made it their business to ensure a wonderful wedding for those who choose to get married at Canyon Run. From the first inquiry e-mail, Amy was Johnny-on-the-spot to get back with us to arrange a tour and meeting. Falling in love with the forest, the barn, and the energy here is the easy part. Somehow, working alongside Amy was even easier. From linen advice, incredible vendor recommendations, allowing us to use the property for engagement photos, prompt response times, her attentive and positive attitude, and genuine warmth, we were impressed with her from our first meeting, until the sun had long gone down on our dream day. The forest + ceremony site are simply ethereal, and the barn has a charm that starts speaking before you even walk through the doors.

I would like to take the time to address some of the things brought up in past reviews by simply sharing my own personal experience.

1) The path to the ceremony site from the barn could not be more beautiful, or more straight forward. If you do not prefer to walk, or have your guests walk, there are golf carts available to anyone who needs them for transportation between ceremony and reception. This caused zero strife for us during our wedding day.

2) There was never a time that my husband and I, nor or guests, felt that the music was not able to be played loud enough. It’s important to keep in mind that although the venue is secluded, the area surrounding the property include other residential pockets — just as you wouldn’t want to disturb your own neighbors, you won’t want to disturb someone else’s. We partied at full blast until nearly 11PM, and were able to hear the music all the way down to the fire pit and beyond.

3) With just over 100 guests in attendance, those invited did not experience any parking congestion. There are multiple areas of the property for your loved ones to park, all within a very reasonable distance of the barn/golf carts.

4) Amy is an actual angel. I consider myself an easy-going person, and I was met with the same attitude from my first exchange with her. You can see in everything she does and just the way she speaks, that Canyon Run is her home and her heart. There are rules in place in order to maintain the natural beauty that they have worked so carefully to make available to those that want to dabble in the true magic of a forest + rustic barn wedding. If you are willing to follow those very few, simple rules — I promise any potential bride and groom that you are in for a true treat with this owner and venue. Amy worked tirelessly to make our day run seamlessly, and deserves a true pat on the back for all she does.

To conclude this review, I just want to reiterate that our big day was made so special by a culmination of scenery, good people, and hard work. We cannot say enough good things about our experience here.
  • Rev
    Rev L. Married on 06/10/2019

Wonderful place for your beautiful Wedding

I am a Wedding Officiant and I love doing weddings at Canyon Run Ranch. The area on top of the hill in a grove of trees is perfect for the outdoor ceremony. The barn is a great area for a wonderful reception/party. Amy and the staff are wonderful to work with. I go to lots of venues in the area and Canyon Run Ranch is one of my favorites. It is a great place to have your beautiful wedding.
    Brooklyn R. Married on 06/07/2019

The perfect outdoor venue

My Husband and I were married on June 7,2019 at Canyon Run Ranch. It was the perfect venue for us, it was everything we could have dreamt of. Not only was the venue perfect but Amy was the perfect host and really helped make our wedding as perfect as she could. Even months later I still have people asking me about the venue and saying how perfect it was and how it was the prettiest venue they have seen. I would definitely recommend booking Canyon Run Ranch to anyone who is considering.

Hello Brooklyn,
    I am so happy to know that you and David had a wonderful experience on your wedding day. We wish you the very best for a happy marriage.
    Lynn Married on 05/24/2019

Natural Beauty and Tranquil Historic Setting

Our daughter and her fiance got married 5/24/2019 at Canyon Run Ranch. They elected to get married in the wooded setting and have the reception in the barn, which was beautifully arranged for our gathering of nearly 150. As you come on the property, your first sight is the owners' beautiful stone house, built in the early 20th century. This is available for the bride and bridesmaids for preparation. There are many beautiful places for photographs. The barn is a 19th century historic structure, beautifully lit on the main level and the lower level. The owners have arranged the parking and facilities to accommodate those who need extra assistance, including having off road vehicles to transport people to the wooded ceremony site. The property's natural beauty is varied, with hills, meadows, wooded areas, gorges, and a stream. This venue is for those who want to enjoy the beauty of nature, with the house and barn providing a fabulous historic, vintage vibe.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

We really enjoyed Theresa and Jon's wedding, what a gorgeous bride and handsome groom, looking forward to seeing photos of Theresa in that dress - stunning!
    Thank you for the kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed Canyon Run Ranch!
    Sarah Married on 05/18/2019

June 2019 wedding

We got married at the Canyon Run Ranch in June 2019 and it truly was amazing. Our guests were blown away by how beautiful it was and how amazing they were, and Amy was so helpful. No one expected the ceremony site to be as exceptionally unique as it was, perfect for my husband and I, I think the wooded area was really the selling point for us because we wanted a wedding in the woods, but the whole property is gorgeous. The property was just large enough where people could walk around and not be crammed into the barn, but it was very comfortable and so beautifully decorated, we did not add much. Everything is so lush and green. 10/10 would recommend

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Hello Sarah and thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that you loved your experience at Canyon Run Ranch. Thank you so much for your recommendation!
    Morgan Married on 10/20/2018

The perfect venue

We had our wedding at Canyon Run Ranch 10/20/18. It was truly a "fairytale” wedding and everything I had ever dreamed of! Amy (the proprietor) and her crew were so wonderful to help do everything to make the day as perfect as possible. If you are a fan of the outdoors, and rustic style weddings, you have found the place for you. Once you step foot on the grounds, I have no doubt your search will be over. Amy was very professional during the entire process. She is very responsive to all messages and accommodating with any questions or requests that you may have. She made the entire booking, organization, and execution of the wedding so easy and stress free. She is also very helpful in coordinating with vendors. Her staff is very flexible, helpful, and professional as well. Amy and her crew are very helpful and sensitive to the needs of the guests. Golf carts and closer parking are available for use for more delicate guests. Amy also has a significant amount of tables/decorations such as wood log slices that are available for use as decorations. The bridal party was able to get ready in The Ward’s beautiful, stately stone home, where the groomsmen got dressed in a separate part of the barn. The rustic barn itself is breathtaking; as beautiful as pictures of it are, nothing could do it justice to the magic it holds when you step inside. After a trip along wildflower fields and entering the woods, a winding path leads you to the ceremony site, which may be one of the most stunning parts of the entire property. A twisting willow arbor awaits you at the end of a path lined with wooden benches, covered in picturesque trees. The entire property is a photographers dream. You will not find a shortage of places to take amazing photos, with a variety of choices, from their wildflower fields, woods, quaint flower garden, even a stream during certain seasons. The bartending services and Emcee services performed by Craft Event Bar was excellent, enthusiastic, easy to work with, and once again, very professional.
    We have also received wonderful feedback from guests and vendors alike, who loved the unique, serene experience that this venue is able to provide. We are so happy that we chose Canyon Run Ranch for our wedding. The entire process and evening was spectacular and something that we will remember for the rest of our lives!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/13/2018

A Dream Come True!

My husband and I were married at Canyon Run Ranch on 10-13-2018 and wish we could rewind and go back to this magical place. We were blown away by our overall experience. This gorgeous location is better than any place we could have imagined. Without question, Canyon Run Ranch gives you a truly intimate feel, along with feeling as if you are completely off the map, which is more than enough to make you never want to leave. Not to mention the owners, Amy and Gary, who were beyond delightful and nothing but helpful and accommodating. Amy even provided us with recommendations for different vendors, a handful of which we hired (whom we LOVE!) and offered such hospitality and warmth each time we visited for a walk-through. Amy was always ready and willing to answer any and every question we had during our nearly 2-year planning process and she was always quick to reply! On the day of the wedding, we had use of a beautiful bridal suite at one end of their home on the property. It was tranquil and just what was needed before the true hustle and bustle started!

Canyon Run Ranch played a huge part in the success of our weekend and the amount of our guests who are still talking about your venue is testament to that.

Amy and Gary, thank you for everything! It was a privilege and an honor to work with you and make our wedding day a dream come true!
    Ashley Married on 08/24/2018
    We absolutely loved our wedding at Canyon Run Ranch in August. I am a huge worrier and thought about every single thing that could go wrong, however on the day of our wedding I couldn't find anything to worry about!

Aesthetic - the structures and land at Canyon Run Ranch are absolutely beautiful in every season. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on decorating, this is a great option for you. Also, don't be worried about it feeling too "country" if that's not what you're going for.

Owners - Amy was so helpful on the day of the wedding as well as being responsive to emails in the months leading up to the wedding. I really wanted to hang cascading paper flowers and she took my vision a step further by artistically hanging the strands I had made from a branch. She also took it upon herself to put flowers on the arch when we noticed the florist had not.

Considerations - It's great that they provide golf carts for guests to use as it would have been very difficult for our grandparents to get around. Do keep this in mind as there is a stretch in the woods to the ceremony site that the golf carts don't go. Also, because of the big property I would suggest at least a day of coordinator to make things go smoothly.

Guest Reviews - Our guests had a wonderful time. We received so many compliments about how "idyllic" our venue was.

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

We loved Ashley and Joe's wedding. It was idyllic. Her flower curtain was used by the next seven weddings! It was so pretty.
    Ashely was correct about giving special consideration to less able-bodied guests. If we know about guests needing special assistance, Gary or I will drive these guests into the woods using the service path, right to the ceremony site. There is no turn-around, the cart needs to be carefully backed in so as not to harm the vegetation, so we prefer to do it ourselves. We leave the cart behind, so that anyone can drive the guests to the Milk Parlor following the ceremony.
    Thank you Ashley and Joe and best wishes for an idyllic marriage!!
    Anna Married on 07/28/2018
    When you go to Canyon Run Ranch it feels like your in a fairy tale! We just got married here in July and it was absolutely perfect! Surprisingly for late July the ceremony site wasn't hot because of shade from the tree canopy and no bugs either, since they treat the area with natural bug repellent. Amy was accommodating and provided great service. The Craft bar made awesome sangria and was very service oriented!! We're thankful to find such a beautiful oasis in rual Ohio. :D
    Amber Married on 06/30/2018

Best. Day. Ever.

I wish I could give my venue ten stars! Absolutely the best venue we could have picked. It was truly the wedding of my dreams. Helpful staff, it couldn’t have been better.
    Kathleen Married on 06/16/2018
    After seeing pictures online of this venue my fiancé and I drove out to see Canyon Run in the winter. In spite of the time of year, we quickly realized that the pictures did not do this place justice (and the pictures are amazing). We fell in love. The main thing I would like to emphasize here is that this venue really was flexible and accommodating to our vision. We wanted to use our own vendors (some of who were family members and friends) and we had some unorthodox choices in terms of food and bar service that were really important to us. The venue staff did everything they could to help us bring our vision to life. Amy was very quick to respond to any emails which is vital when planning a wedding. Our family and friends loved exploring the property and even had a lot of fun cooling off in the creek. The Milk Parlor was a fun place to gather right after the ceremony for appetizers. All in all I would say that our day was perfect due in no small part to the perfection of this venue!!!! You will not be sorry if you pick Canyon Run!!!

The Woods at Canyon Run Ranch's reply:

Kathleen and Luke had a clear vision of how they wanted their wedding day to look, feel, taste, and sound like. Their personal style touched every aspect of their day, from the local spirits and brews to the jazz band greeting them as they came into the barn. We love their creativity and like to think that Canyon Run Ranch offers the perfect backdrop for unique weddings of all flavors. Thank you Kathleen and Luke and best wishes for a happy marriage. Congratulations!!!
    Paula Married on 05/12/2018
    Canyon Run Ranch made our wedding day fairy tale come true. We were looking for rustic venues in Cincinnati and nothing really wowed us. My husband Adam found Canyon Run Ranch online and we called Amy and she said they had one Saturday in May 2018. We went to see it and we couldn't stop smiling and talked about it the entire way home. We couldn't put the deposit down fast enough. I was concerned about a destination wedding in Troy, but I was worried for nothing. This venue is absolutely stunning. Yes it is very rustic, but it is so classic and elegant at the same time. The romantic lighting in the barn and the serenity of the ceremony sight were absolutely breath taking. Our guests loved every little detail of the property and are still talking about it a month later. Amy and Gary were an absolute pleasure to work with and they have a gem of a wedding venue in their back yard. It is without hesitation that Adam and I would recommend Canyon Run Ranch to be your perfect wedding venue. Thank you Amy and Gary.
    Paula Married on 05/12/2018
    Five stars are not enough to express how much we loved this venue. From the very beginning Amy was always accessible to provide assistance and help problem solve. Her husband offered our guests great information about the property that they seemed to really enjoy. From the moment my daughter appeared coming out of the woods to the ceremony site, you felt you were living a fairy tale dream. I cannot recommend Canyon Run Ranch highly enough; our guests comments assured us that we had chosen the perfect location for the wedding and reception.