The Barefoot Bride Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer Z. Getting married on 05/05/2022

Absolutely Amazing!

I had the most amazing experience with The Barefoot Bride! They made the process so easy and helped me find my perfect dress in under an hour, with no pressure or anxiety!

The Barefoot Bride's reply:

Oh my goodness Jennifer. You were a dream to work with. We just love happy happy brides. You're a knockout in your gown. Please be sure to send us lots of pics from the Big Apple xoxo Joelle and team
    Mary L. Getting married on 12/19/2021

Barefoot Bride Memphis TN.

Our shopping experience with Joelle was SO FUN!
    She listened to us and helped us find the perfect dress for cotillion!
    We would highly recommend Barefoot Bride for cotillion or wedding.
    Dena D. Getting married on 12/11/2021

Amazing, and will be recommending Barefoot Bride to everyone.

Joelle was amazing!! I told her exactly what I wanted, and my dress was the first one I tried on! I will forever recommend her.
  • Allison
    Allison F. Getting married on 10/17/2021

Amazing Experience

Barefoot Bride made wedding dress shopping such a fun and positive experience. I had previously tried on dresses elsewhere and left feeling horrible about myself, but Cristin Cook made me feel beautiful inside and out throughout the entire day!! I cannot wait to wear my gorgeous dress in October of 2021. 1,000% would recommend to every bride!!!!!!!!
  • Samra
    Samra W. Married on 05/17/2021

Amazing experience! Every bride should visit!

I had such an amazing experience at The Barefoot Bride. When I first got engaged, I was so worried about finding the perfect dress. As a plus size bride, I had heard horror stories from other brides about their experiences at other stores, and not feeling like they had anything to try on.

At the recommendation of a friend, I made Barefoot Bride my first (and only) stop for wedding dress shopping. The selection was amazing, but more than that, Amy and the rest of the team at Barefoot Bride made me feel beautiful and special. From the beginning, they made it clear that wedding dress sizing was arbitrary and to instead focus on the dress being made to suit me, instead of vice-versa. I never saw a size or measurement while trying on dresses. The dresses were sorted by adjectives that correlated to sizing (example: beautiful, gorgeous, stunning). This helped me stay out of my head while shopping and instead focus on the wonderful experience! The second gown that they picked out for me turned out to be "the one." I've received so many compliments on my dress, both at my wedding in Hawaii and my celebration back home in Mississippi. I tell every bride that I meet, especially ones that I know who struggle with body image or sizing, to make sure they start their planning with a trip to the Barefoot Bride!
  • O
    Olivia M. Married on 04/17/2021

Wonderful experience!

I loved every minute of my experience with Barefoot Bride. They are so great and accommodating. They were great at understanding what I wanted. I recommend to all my engaged friends to go there!
  • Reena
    Reena Married on 02/06/2021

Wonderful experience

I ended up not getting my dress from the Barefoot Bride but it was a great experience. You are her only customer and she gives her full attention to you. I’m definitely recommending it to all of my engaged friends.
  • Lauren
    Lauren R. Married on 11/13/2020

Absolutely wonderful!

Service was great! We were the only ones there, so your service is very personal, and you don’t feel like they are herding you through. I really felt like they listened to what I wanted and picked things I liked. It was something different than I had in my head, but it was perfect!
  • Monique
    Monique Married on 11/08/2020

LOVE this boutique!!!

Loved EVERYTHING about the boutique and it’s team! So attentive, caring and knowledgeable! I had the best experience ever!
  • Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 12/01/2019

Beautiful Bargains

Barefoot Brides was my first and only stop for buying my wedding dress. I love finding a bargain and you definitely can at barefoot brides. Your appointment will be totally exclusive to the bride- just one consultant and whoever you choose to bring. The shopping experience is fun, but also worthwhile in trying to find your dream dress!

Ashley ~
    OMG Thank you so much for your kind words AND your gorgeous photos! xoxo Congrats to you and the Mr. ~
    Sidney Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing shop!!

I found my dream dress at The Barefoot Bride! I looked online ahead of time before my appointment and saw the most perfect dress! I showed them the dress I wanted to try on and it was the one! The service was amazing, everyone was so friendly! I highly recommend everyone going to The Barefoot Bride! It also helps the wedding dresses being super affordable!!
    Sarah Married on 06/07/2019

Treasure Trove of the Most Beautiful Gowns!

This is the most amazing bridal shop. I was nervous at first because I worried about how I would find my dress in just an hour, but the shop is such a treasure trove for beautiful designer gowns at a discounted rate that it is hard not to spot something you love quickly. Even if you don’t find a dress right away or want to take more time to think about it, you can set multiple appointments. The team was a dream to work with. They were all so hospitable (offering beverages) and were the sweetest ladies. Unlike other bridal shops, I didn’t feel any pressure to say yes to a dress that I was unsure about. They make it very clear that there is no pressure to commit. I ended up finding the most amazing dress within my budget that was perfect for me. It is a designer dress that retailed for twice the cost that I paid before it was discontinued. I never dreamed I could own something as beautiful as that. The quality of the dress was superb as it lasted all night through crazy dancing and walking through rain puddles. Give this shop a chance and become a barefoot bride!!

The Barefoot Bride's reply:

Awww Sarah ~ Thank you SO much for your glowing review. You were a pleasure to work with and we're so excited to see your wedding photos. xoxo The Barefoot Bride Crew
    Alexis Married on 05/25/2019

It was amazing

The moment I walked through the door I was greeted my sweet smiles. Everyone in this shop was super friendly and you don’t have to worry if your being judged because they go by appointment only. So it's just you, your entourage and the consultant! They’re very personable with you and know their stuff! It only took me 5 dresses before I found the perfect one, but that was only because my consultant was awesome! I couldn’t recommend this shop enough and not to mention the prices are amazing!
    Madie W. Married on 05/18/2019

They are so personal and amazing!

I only went to two places to look for wedding dresses. The first place didn’t even ask us our budget so I found a dress I loved but it was over budget. So I decided to go to Barefoot bride and the first thing they asked was what was our budget. They found me a dress that I absolutely loved and made me forget about the other dress. They make you feel so special by being the only one in the store when you shop. They offer you champagne and really help you find what you want. I found the dress of my dreams and it was under our budget!! They were amazing.
    Morgan W. Married on 04/30/2019

One of a kind experience

It was my first time trying on dresses & I found my dress that day! The shop is absolutely beautiful & they make you feel like family. They listen to what you are wanting & make you feel beautiful. 100% recommend for all your bridal needs :)
  • Wendy
    Wendy P. Married on 03/09/2019

Barefoot Bride is amazing!

I liked that my "party" was the only one in the store. They listened to what I wanted and made a few suggestions... overall a great experience.
    Rachel Married on 12/15/2018
    I went to several different bridal shops, and the Barefoot Bride was my absolute favorite! Amy helped me both times I came to visit, and she was the nicest, happiest, most helpful person I worked with while looking for my dress. I never felt rushed in the shop, and I didn’t feel like just another customer. The whole shop is yours for the hour you spend with them. They have a ton of dresses, and I was able to find and try on more than enough in my price range. Amy talked through what I liked in a dress and then helped me find some like I was looking for. The Barefoot Bride was extremely nice and helpful with scheduling a second appointment on short notice. I bought my dress and a veil that perfectly matches it, and I would definitely recommend all brides visiting the shop to see what they have to offer you!
    Jasmyne Married on 08/18/2018
    This was a fantastic experience! I was able to find a beautiful dress that was within my budget in no time! I would definitely recommend to future brides.
    Jordan Married on 07/14/2018
    Barefoot bride was such a great experience!! I loved every second, and I felt so cared about while I was there!! I definitely recommend!!
    Jill Married on 06/22/2018
    I visited the store a few weeks ago, and had a wonderful experience. You have the whole store to yourself, and I found more than one gorgeous gown within the hour. I didn't feel the slightest bit of pressure to buy anything even though I'd planned to choose between two favorites I tried. They offer champagne during your appointment, and they were nice enough to send us home with some as we'd brought our own. My plans for venue/date quickly and unexpectedly changed after my appointment here, so I now need to revisit dress shopping. I will most definitely be going back here.
    Suzanne Married on 06/02/2018
    From a mom of the bride, thank you to our "Gown Whisperer", Amy, at The Barefoot Bride! From the moment we entered the door until the time my daughter found "the dress", she was so very kind. We had a budget and they did not try to show us anything over that. It was such a wonderful experience and I highly recommend that brides start their search here. Thanks again, Barefoot Bride! So worth the trip to Memphis!
    Kayla Married on 05/04/2018
    Words cannot describe how i feel about this bridal shop. I was recently affected by the closing of the Alfred Angelo store in California. I had found my dream dress fell in love and ordered it and placed my deposit. Come to find out just 4 weeks later they were closing all stores and orders would not be made and delivered. I was in tears this weekend with the thought of having to find a dress again knowing it wouldn't be like the first one. After some searching I found the website for the barefoot bride advertising my dream dress in my size! I emailed the store and received a call back within 20 minutes. They were so sympathetic to the whole situation and so willing to help anyway they could... Well they had my dress and could ship it to Me! She text me pictures of the dress sp i could see it a verify thag it was in fact my dress.I was over the moon and broke down in tears realizing I was going to get my dream dress! So I may have started out as an Alfred Angelo Bride but I am forever going to associate myself as a barefoot bride!
    Emily Married on 04/28/2018
    I was extremely pleased with my experience at barefoot bride. They have an amazing selection and the prices were so great I ended up leaving with two wedding dresses! Highly recommend!!!

The Barefoot Bride's reply:

OMG OMG YAY! Please send us some pics to our email address or post to our fb page! We love wedding pics!
    Emily Married on 03/09/2018
    BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! Would highly recommend
    Melinda Married on 02/24/2018
    Barefoot Bride is a wonderful boutique with a huge selection of dresses to choose from. I loved that they had dresses of all sizes and styles! I found my dream dress here! Amy helped me piece together my entire look for the day, and they were even able to order a balero to complete my dream ensemble. I felt like an absolute princess on my wedding day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!