The Baking Grounds Reviews

The Baking Grounds 4
The Baking Grounds 5
The Baking Grounds 6
The Baking Grounds 7

Melinda and her team are truly talented, genuine people who make not only beautiful cakes but delicious cakes. I had numerous people tell me after the wedding that our cake was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. Her pricing is unbelievable for the quality and attention to detail we received.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Haley · Married on 08/17/2013

Awesome company! My cake was made the exact way I wanted it, and it was delicious! Everyone was very nice and professional, and they were helpful when I had my cake tasting.

Sent on 06/18/2014

If you are within 50 miles of the Baking Grounds and you need a cake for any reason - you must get your cake from Baking Grounds. Melinda's' attention to details is only matched by the amazing cakes she makes, not only was our cake beautiful but very tasty. Thank you Baking Grounds for an amazing cake...ChiChi and Ron Allen

Sent on 08/07/2013

Robin · Married on 08/03/2013

Malinda with Baking Grounds is awesome! My daughter's wedding cake was fantastic. The design was exactly what my daughter wanted. Malinda listened and delivered exactly what she promised. The cake was delicious and perfect. Thank you so much! Robin (mother of the bride)

Sent on 08/13/2013

Adrienne · Married on 08/03/2013

Melinda and her husband really took care of us when we visited their shop. We told them what kind of cake we wanted and what we wanted it to look like, and they made it look even better than we ever expected! It was also really moist and delicious! They also keep your cake orders on file so you can let your guests eat the top tier of the cake and order a replica of it on your one year anniversary, so you don't have to keep it in your freezer!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Renee · Married on 06/22/2013

The most delicious wedding cake ever!! They did an amazing job and everyone loved our cake! It was awesome and so good! I would definitely recommend the Baking Grounds! You will be so happy you did!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Emily · Married on 05/19/2013

SO GREAT! I asked if they could make a grizzly bear grooms cake, and it turned out amazing. On top of the my wedding cake was beautiful, delicious, and turned out perfectly.

Sent on 06/11/2013

There’s a reason why the Baking Grounds has been in business since 1958. This place is absolutely delicious! Everything here is homemade and made from scratch! I won’t get into raving about their delicious sandwiches and other treats since my review is supposed to be about the cake and cupcakes that they provided for my wedding, but if you haven’t been here for breakfast or lunch, I would highly recommend it!

So I chose the Baking Grounds for the cake and cupcakes for my wedding day and am very pleased that I did. Malinda was very friendly and helpful when meeting about the pricing and tasting all of their delicious flavors. Their cakes and cupcakes are out of this world delicious! My guests all raved about the different flavors and how delicious everything was. The presentation was beautiful and everything turned out perfect! My only complaint was that I didn’t really have anything left over to savor! I would highly recommend this vendor to any couple looking for the best, most delicious desserts for their wedding day or any other event!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Alexandra · Married on 04/27/2013

They are wonderful, they not only made my wedding cake but my wedding was on my dad's birthday and they made him a 3D cake that looked just like our boat. The cakes were gorgeous and they tasted phenomenal.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2012

Our cake was AMAZING! It turned out exactly as I pictured it, and it tasted fabulous. We're planning on frequenting their shop for anniversaries and other special events.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

We got our wedding cake and grooms cake from the Baking Grounds. They did such an amazing job. I wanted the same ribbon I wrapped my bridesmaids flowers in, wrapped around the base of each layer on my cake. They were so easy to work with and so willing to use the ribbon of my choosing. The cake was so delicious that every year for our anniversary, we get a small cake made just like our wedding cake. I still insist they have the best cake of any bakery. We froze the top layer and ate it on our first anniversary. It tasted just as wonderful as it did the day we got married!

Sent on 12/31/2014

The Baking Grounds provided us with both our wedding cake and groom's cake. We brought them a picture of what we were looking for and they were able to replicate it perfectly. We had shopped at several other bakeries before going to them and their price was half of the others. The cakes were tasty and moist. I would recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/02/2012

The cake we had at our wedding was beautiful and tasty. The Baking Grounds was so easy to work with and they helped us to design our wedding cake and our groom's cake. We used different flavors for different tiers and they were all excellent. They even specially made a flavor we wanted, butter pecan, and it was delicious! Their chocolate cake was simply amazing too. Our design turned out to be beautiful. The value was incredible. They blew everyone else out of the water. They didn't charge by the slice which can get pricey but just by the size of cake you wanted. That made it so easy and so affordable. I can't wait to eat our top tier in a year.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Kent · Married on 04/14/2012

Hired to make the wedding cake for our eldest son's wedding, these amazing "artists" made a truly spectacular work of art that was not only beautiful and exactly as requested, but was set up perfectly, on time, and was sooo delicious. Thanks to "The Baking Grounds" Ya'll are THE Best! Kent Edwards Union Point,GA

Sent on 08/21/2012

Kanani · Married on 10/09/2016

Not only was our cake absolutely beautiful, it was exactly what I had envisioned. We received a ton of compliments, especially on the beautiful sugar flowers. We chose the red velvet and butter pecan flavors, which were a hit!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Erin · Married on 12/21/2015

The cake was wonderful. Everyone commented on how great the cake was and how they went back for seconds. We loved the wedding cake! One thing was left off the grooms cake that we had talked about but you couldn't tell.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Kimberly · Married on 09/25/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted fantastic! People couldn't get enough of the almond pound cake - it was moist and the flavor was great! I also appreciated that they were flexible with my budget and helped me think of creative ways to achieve the design I wanted without completely blowing my budget. I would highly recommend Malinda and her team!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Tatiana · Married on 08/15/2015

We used Baking Grounds for our 8/15/15 wedding and are so happy with their services! They executed our wedding cake exactly as we requested, and the cake was so delicious! It looked beautiful, and they were very professional and timely with their delivery. They boxed up our top tier for us to take home after the wedding, and we ate the entire tier within two days. Guests loved it so much that some of them even asked for a slice the day after the wedding. We plan on having our top tier remade for our future wedding anniversaries, and I look forward to eating more delicious cake from the Baking Grounds in the future! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/20/2015

adrien · Married on 10/11/2014

This place was great! We felt comfortable using this vendor for our cake needs. They gave free samples and everything tastes soo good we had a hard time picking flavors. The cupcakes were a huge hit at our wedding.

One small complaint though, the guy working there that wears a U.S. Marines baseball cap. I took my best man in one day to show him how awesome the place was, except we came in 10 minutes before store closing, we did a road trip there just for cupcakes. Whoever that gentleman was, he was less than friendly, aggressively telling us that they were about to close. We were quite annoyed considering that my best man and I were active duty soldiers but whatever. Sorry bro in the marines hat, for coming in 10 minutes before you closed. The other girls were extremely nice though.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Ann · Married on 10/12/2013

Our wedding cake and Groom's cake was not only beautiful but delicious! Thank you Baking Grounds for the wonderful experience of working with you!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Laura · Married on 09/22/2016

We ordered two cakes from Baking Grounds. I am going to break down what we asked for. First, I ordered our wedding cake, a three tier cake with a different flavor for each tier. Second "cae" was actually a stack of donuts for the grooms cake with mocha frosting and chocolate. The donut cake was a HUGE hit...everyone loved it..the mocha frosting was AWESOME. Our wedding cake appearance was nice...but...they got the bottom layer color wrong..which was a little disappointing because it looked lavender instead of the magenta color I wanted. However, I was very happy the cake consistency and flavors...especially the mango strawberry layer that made me so extremely happy!! The cake quality is moist..the frosting was fantastic...just that one little miscoloring..but it was forgivable considering it was such an awesome tasting cake.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Tammy · Married on 08/30/2015

Our experience with The Baking Grounds and Malinda was wonderful.

When searching for our cake, our first tasting the bakers never showed. One of the others charged us $25 for a tasting, and it was some seriously dry cake. The Baking Grounds? Ahhhhh. A breath of fresh air. The tasting was beautifully done, along with coffee and such. Malinda was super helpful, and clearly knew her stuff. She helped us with our design, and it turned out beautifully.
    The flavors were wonderful, and everyone raved!

Sent on 09/02/2015

patricia · Married on 02/28/2015

Malinda did an awesome job with the cake. It was just spectacular! Thank you!

Sent on 03/26/2015

The caking was amazing! It tasted delicious with real buttercream icing and moist cake. We also had the raspberry preserves which were delicious. They designed exactly what I asked and were on time with the cake I drew in a picture. It lasted for days and we got complements from multiple people.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

My wedding cake was amazing. She took the photos I sent and made the cake design perfect. The flavors they offer are wonderful and we were so excited when we had left overs from the reception, because that ment we could eat it all ourselves!!! This place offers design & flavors that are top notch!

Sent on 05/24/2016