4865 South Lee Street, Buford, GA 30518 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Baking Grounds

The Baking Grounds Bakery Cafe, Home of I Do Cake is a real, old fashioned specialty cake boutique which has been creating unique wedding cakes, anniversary cakes, grooms cakes for over 50 years. A family tradition since 1958, we want to be your first choice for specialty wedding cake, grooms cakes, anniversary cakes.

With over 60 years of combined experience, The Baking Grounds Bake Cafe, Home of I Do Cake, provides specialty 3D cakes, wedding cake, grooms cake and more for your special events. Our cakes are baked from scratch, fresh from the oven, from our family to yours.

We have been baking and decorating cakes for about twenty-five years. My father had a large full line bakery in the north for over forty five years. We all worked with him and also had our own full line bakery for several years. We have a wonderful cake studio, and are primarily concentrating on wedding and groom cakes.

This is truly a family business, as we have my wife and I as owners, Tiffany our oldest is a great baker, our daughter Caley who is an expert cake decorator, Lexi our 3rd, is also a fantastic decorator. Summer, our youngest daughter helps wherever she can. Angel Rose, Chloe Autumn, Aubry Love, and Addie Jean are our beautiful granddaughters, and come around to "sample" the goodies!

As you can see, we are blessed! We have the moistest wedding cakes and freshest products to be found. Your cake is baked fresh for your event, not frozen for months on end. We are certain that if you try our cakes, you will buy them. Brides & Grooms (or anyone!) should not sacrifice on the taste of the cake. Our cakes are both beautiful and delicious; the cakes aren't dried out and the icing isn't heavy and greasy.

And, our prices are very tough to beat. Let us "bake" your day perfect by creating that special wedding cake, grooms cake, or anniversary cake you and your family deserve. Since 1958 our family has been producing high quality cakes at affordable prices.

Everything is baked right here, by our family, for your family. We look forward to giving you extraordinary taste, beauty, and service!

Follow The Baking Grounds on

• Bohemian Bakery
  • Le Macaron French Pastries
  • Swirling Whisk Baker

108 Reviews for The Baking Grounds

• smsterner94

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2020

I was thrilled to learn that the Baking Grounds was the cake vendor for our wedding venue. Malinda and her team did our wedding cake and groom's cake. The tasting was extraordinary- full size pieces of cake to taste! We were full pretty fast haha. My husband got the old fashioned (yellow cake with chocolate icing) for his groom's cake along with his favorite video game character on it. Our wedding cake was a three tier floral cake- all I had to do was send them a picture of what I wanted it to look like and they totally nailed it! It was red velvet and caramel pound cake. Both cakes were outstanding, delicious, and beautiful. Can't wait wait to eat the top tier on our anniversary! Highly recommend the Baking Grounds.

Sent on 01/02/2016
  • Nathaniel

Nathaniel S Thrower · Married on 12/22/2019

Delicious cake

We literally didn’t have to worry about our wedding cake since we hired them! The cake was ready for the wedding and on time! And it was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Maynard · Married on 11/16/2019

Delicious and Gorgeous

The Baking Grounds provided me with an exceptional wedding cake and three delicious cakes for my groom. The design was exactly what I asked for and was even more beautiful in person than I could have imagined. Great experience!

Sent on 12/23/2019

The Baking Grounds Pricing

The Baking Grounds Price Rates

Real Weddings

• Color Me Wed Wedding Videographers

Transfering ideas into a beautiful reality while maintaining the mositure and taste!

• Amazing Sounds & Entertainment
    Amazing Sounds & Entertainment Wedding DJs

These people make absolutely delicious cakes! I have had their cake on many occasions and it has been perfect every time. You cannot go wrong with anything from The Baking Grounds!

• 4865 South Lee Street Buford, 30518 See on map
    6787656621 (Other Phone Number)
    Tue-Fri 7:00 - 6:00 SAT 9:00 - 5:00 Sunday 10-2 Must call for consultation Or stop by to see us anytime!
    Location of (The Baking Grounds)