4865 South Lee Street, Buford, GA 30518 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Baking Grounds

The Baking Grounds Bakery Cafe, Home of I Do Cake is a real, old fashioned specialty cake boutique which has been creating unique wedding cakes, anniversary cakes, grooms cakes for over 50 years. A family tradition since 1958, we want to be your first choice for specialty wedding cake, grooms cakes, anniversary cakes.

With over 60 years of combined experience, The Baking Grounds Bake Cafe, Home of I Do Cake, provides specialty 3D cakes, wedding cake, grooms cake and more for your special events. Our cakes are baked from scratch, fresh from the oven, from our family to yours.

We have been baking and decorating cakes for about twenty-five years. My father had a large full line bakery in the north for over forty five years. We all worked with him and also had our own full line bakery for several years. We have a wonderful cake studio, and are primarily concentrating on wedding and groom cakes.

This is truly a family business, as we have my wife and I as owners, Tiffany our oldest is a great baker, our daughter Caley who is an expert cake decorator, Lexi our 3rd, is also a fantastic decorator. Summer, our youngest daughter helps wherever she can. Angel Rose, Chloe Autumn, Aubry Love, and Addie Jean are our beautiful granddaughters, and come around to "sample" the goodies!

As you can see, we are blessed! We have the moistest wedding cakes and freshest products to be found. Your cake is baked fresh for your event, not frozen for months on end. We are certain that if you try our cakes, you will buy them. Brides & Grooms (or anyone!) should not sacrifice on the taste of the cake. Our cakes are both beautiful and delicious; the cakes aren't dried out and the icing isn't heavy and greasy.

And, our prices are very tough to beat. Let us "bake" your day perfect by creating that special wedding cake, grooms cake, or anniversary cake you and your family deserve. Since 1958 our family has been producing high quality cakes at affordable prices.

Everything is baked right here, by our family, for your family. We look forward to giving you extraordinary taste, beauty, and service!

Follow The Baking Grounds on

The Baking Grounds 7
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful and Delicious!

The Baking Grounds is a family-owned company, which I loved. From the first time I went to the bakery, they went above and beyond to accommodate me. The cake tasting was free and DELICIOUS. Malinda sat down with us and made sure she understood exactly what we were looking for. She was up front about pricing and different options for how to save. They are very reasonably priced and so so good.

The cake turned out beautifully. It was absolutely one of my favorite details about the wedding. I got so many compliments. It was everything I had asked for. They also did a grooms cake for me that was perfect! It was an odd request (a turkey), but they did it better than I could ever imagine. It was a hit with my husband both in looks and in taste!

I would absolutely hire them again. In fact, I am using them now for birthday cakes, shower cakes for friends, etc. They are phenomenal!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Flores · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Cake ever

I was originally going to just have Publix do my wedding cake, but after I met with the baker there, I did not have a good gut feeling that everything was going to be the way I wanted it to be. The cake surprisingly was the hardest part for me and my now husband to figure out. After talking to my florist, they recommended The Baking Grounds! Looked online and their cakes were Amazing!!!!! Went in and was able to try the different flavors, the woman that helped us gave her advice on the best filling for each specific cake, and even had a couple options for the top layer that she knew would last a while and still be fresh come the one-year anniversary. My guests raved about the cake and kept asking me where I had gotten it. It was sweet but not too sweet and you didn’t feel like 1,000 pounds after having a slice! I still go back to The Baking Grounds for birthday cakes and pastries! I went from dreading my wedding cake to absolutely loving it! I had a fragile cake topper and was able to leave it in their possession without any worry.

Sent on 02/06/2019
    The Baking Grounds 8

Kimberly · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicous and Beautiful

Amazing cake and great design. Very easy to work with and delivered everything on time. I highly recommend them if you are look for a wedding cake!

Sent on 11/06/2018

The Baking Grounds Pricing

The Baking Grounds Price Rates

Real Weddings

• Color Me Wed
    Color Me Wed Wedding Videographers

Transfering ideas into a beautiful reality while maintaining the mositure and taste!

• Amazing Sounds & Entertainment
    Amazing Sounds & Entertainment Wedding DJs

These people make absolutely delicious cakes! I have had their cake on many occasions and it has been perfect every time. You cannot go wrong with anything from The Baking Grounds!

• 4865 South Lee Street Buford, 30518 See on map
    6787656621 (Other Phone Number)
    Tue-Fri 7:00 - 6:00 SAT 9:00 - 5:00 Sunday 10-2 Must call for consultation Or stop by to see us anytime!