The Apple Blossom Reviews

35 Reviews for The Apple Blossom

1 User photo

The Apple Blossom 1

Anastasia · Getting married on 06/01/2019

I have nothing but good things to say! Amazing venue and amazing owner. The food was delicious and the setup was beautifully decorated. I highly recommend Apple Blossom Plantation to any couple.

Sent on 03/09/2018

Lisa · Married on 12/08/2018

The Best Venue in Virginia!

My wife and I got married at Apple Blossom 6 days ago. There are not enough good things I can say about this venue and it's owner, Peggy Snead.

Peggy Snead, is quite literally, Superwoman.

There were so many small details about our wedding weekend there, from Friday to Sunday, and not one went unnoticed. We saw several venues before choosing Apple Blossom, and we absolutely made the right decision. Within about 30 seconds of meeting Peggy, it's abundantly clear how much she loves weddings and cares about her brides and grooms. THIS is the type of person you want in charge of your wedding. Not one who is ONLY about the bottom line, but one who is in love with her craft. Peggy ran our rehearsal, ran our wedding ceremony, ran the reception, all flawlessly. She even cooked us breakfast every day we were there, and just generally made it so that my wife and I had very little to worry about, other than enjoying the happiest time of our lives. On top of that, she has followed up with us in the last few days just to make sure we were okay and happy with our wedding.

I have a hard time believing anyone could ever find a better venue than Apple Blossom, or a better person than Peggy. We are beyond appreciative of what she has done for us.

Sent on 12/18/2018

David · Married on 09/08/2018

I was a guest at a wedding last weekend - September 8. Alexis and Josh were married in the front courtyard and the reception was held out back under a beautiful pavilion. The owner, a gal named Peggy, helped the entire evening - from cutting the cake to lighting sparklers for the grand exit. It was absolutely the best wedding I have ever been to. It seems as if Peggy can anticipate every need - she runs around like the Energizer Bunny - making sure that the celebration is perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    The Apple Blossom 2

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

From the moment we walked in for a tour of the venue, I knew I wanted to get married at Apple Blossom. The venue itself is beautiful , but Peggy is the real reason we picked this place over the others. She is so sweet and definitely knows what she’s doing based off the experience she has. She went over all the details with me and made sure everything went perfectly and smoothly on our wedding day . I felt so at ease knowing I didn’t have to stress over any details on our wedding day because Peggy had it all covered. Having the flexibility and being able to set up things prior to wedding day was definitely a huge help. We loved that we weren’t rushed and not on any time restraint whatsoever. Not to mention the breakfast Peggy fixed for us both mornings was the icing on the cake . To future brides looking for a venue, pick Apple Blossom , you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Brenda · Married on 07/22/2017

Fantastic venue for pre-wedding events including the bridal portrait session, rehearsal dinner, as well as the wedding ceremony and reception. Peggy made sure that the guests and wedding party enjoyed every moment. The food, beautiful tables, hospitality and attention to detail was the best!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Linda · Married on 06/17/2017

If I could give Peggy & ABP 100 stars, I would! My husband and I were married again on June 17th just after our 1 yr ann. We wanted to have a medieval ceremony with swords and archery in the woods, and Peggy made our dream come true! She even had landscapers come in to clear the forest for us, as there had never been a forest ceremony at ABP before. Peggy is full of energy and ideas, and I can honestly tell you that I never felt any stress AT ALL leading up to or during that amazing weekend! We rented ABP for the whole weekend and it was just a giant party done exactly how we wanted with no restrictions on what we wanted. I can't explain in words how grateful we are for Peggy & ABP. We had an amazing weekend that we will never forget. We're already discussing an anniversary ceremony there again in the future! :) ** I forgot to add VERY DOG FRIENDLY! Our boys were welcomed and treated like family! **

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 04/01/2017

I can't recommend apple blossom enough! Peggy was fantastic and took amazing care of us! You get a lot of bang for your buck and I really appreciated how she tried to save us costs at every opportunity. My flowers were absolutely stunning and we had such a fun time making the bouquets and they were so inexpensive compared to a lot of other florists.

It was so nice being able to drop stuff off early in the week and really cut down on stress. It was also nice bringing our own alcohol. This is a great location and venue!!! She also did our catering and the food was amazing!!! She made a separate gluten free meal for my sister which was very sweet of her!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Nancy · Married on 10/22/2016

Peggy is so passionate about her job. It shows in her personality and dedication to her customers. Peggy went the extra mile. Displayed her talent helping us make the Bridal bouquets and boutiniers. Breakfast for overnight guests was awesome. My daughters wedding was more beautiful than we could have imagined. Also having full run of the Plantation made it stress free. Guests all had a wonderful time. We couldn't have asked for anything more. I can't thank Peggy enough for making my daughters day, her best day ever.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Michael · Married on 07/16/2016

I went to a wedding here - the most fun ever! Peggy Snead and her staff attended to every single detail. My friends and I just ate and drank and danced and enjoyed the weekend. You can tell how much Peggy loves her job - Apple Blossom is the best place to have a wedding or any other special celebration.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Cindy · Married on 04/02/2016

Peggy Snead is truly a SUPERSTAR , If my daughter could have been married at Apple Blossom , she would have ! Our families lucked into this Venue , as our accommodations at our Venue changed last minute. Apple Blossom only had an opening due to someone getting deployed and being married sooner, we were so fortunate . The lovely Plantation home welcomes you as you turn into the driveway & you have a pool, hot tub, fire pit , a huge covered dance floor outside with beautiful chandeliers that is all BRAND NEW this year. Something for everyone to do ! Peggy can arrange golf or skeet for the guys ( they loved this ) and makeup or hair for the girls - she even has pedicure chairs ! The family can all stay together & your guests can stay at nearby bed and breakfasts too. Peggy cooks up a huge breakfast buffet & we had our rehearsal dinner here too ! Peggy is organized and so helpful , she will take the crazy out of the wedding week for you. ;) In more ways than one !! She truly saved the day .
    I highly recommend this Venue , over any other, including where my daughter was married, for a Wedding, a birthday or Anniversay party, a Charity Event . You will get more than you paid for , unlike most Venues and you will have a new friend for life .

As, you can see I have not mentioned where my daughter got married, I will say it was in New Kent, recently purchased by a new owner, I will review them , as I have a lot to say.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Dana · Married on 11/07/2015

Best Wedding Venue in Virginia!!!! Peggy and her staff did an excellent job for my Daughter's Wedding including the reception dinner! Everyone at Apple Blossom made us feel like family and took good care of the Bride and Groom as well as all the family and friends! The food was fantastic and a great time was had by all who attended. Our family will forever be grateful for the fairy tale wedding at this beautiful venue! Much Love to Peggy and her staff!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Morgan · Married on 11/07/2015

Apple Blossom is the best venue around, hands down! Not only is the house breathtaking but Peggy is amazing! It is honestly the best deal around and Peggy does an great job of making you feel like the most important person in the world. She does so much to really personalize the plantation house to your liking for your wedding. Allowing us to come the whole week before really allowed me to add little touches that would have been impossible otherwise. She is so thoughtful and really listens to your vision and does everything in her power to help make it happen. I would highly recommend Apple Blossom, you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Lydia · Married on 04/11/2015

We had our wedding weekend at Apple Blossom Plantation on April 11, 2015 and we couldn't be more pleased with our experience. We rented the Venue for the whole weekend Friday-Sunday. We also used the catering at Apple Blossom for our Rehearsal Dinner and Reception and the food was nothing short of amazing! Peggy, the venue owner is an absolute gem and made sure we fully enjoyed our wedding weekend, including the delicious breakfasts we had on both Saturday & Sunday. The plantation was the perfect place for our wedding and we enjoyed spending time there with our family and friends. I highly recommend Apple Blossom to any brides who are looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Hunter · Married on 11/08/2014

Peggy Snead, the owner, is fantastic! She always puts the bride and groom first and is willing to do just about anything to make their wedding day perfect. The venue is gorgeous and the rate is super reasonable given everything that is included.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Jess · Married on 10/04/2014

I got married here a few years ago and it was beyond amazing. I have been able to visit several times since then and Peggy is constantly improving the venue and is still the most amazing support person to have when you're planning a wedding. She helped us not only with our venue but food, flowers, cake and more! It was so awesome to have unlimited access for the days leading up to our wedding, it took so much stress away to know that everything was already set and ready for your big day! Highly recommend for anyone or any event!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Kristina · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I loved our venue. It was the perfect place for our rehearsal and our wedding. We had a blast and could not have asked for a more perfect weekend.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Johnny · Married on 09/06/2014

Just had our wedding there last weekend, September 6, 2014! We couldn't have asked for a better venue or coordinator to work with. From the planning stages a few months out right up until the morning after, Peggy was attentive and made sure we were here priority. She has to the sweetest and easiest person to work with and doesn't over promise. If anything, she under promises and provides outstanding results! Recommendations are given for vendors but not required and she follows up with them to be sure everything is coordinated right up until the day of your big event, keeping the bridal party stress free.

If you want to have a wedding weekend to remember, from the rehearsal dinner to the morning after, then look no further than Apple Blossom Plantation! Peggy has been doing this for years and there is a reason for it!

Again Peggy, we thank you for making us feel like a King & Queen this past weekend.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Johnna · Married on 08/01/2014

Peggy(venue owner and caterer) was an absolute delight! She was very accommodating and went above and beyond to make our day wonderful. My guests all loved the beautiful house and grounds and everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Barbara · Married on 07/05/2014

Peggy at Apple Blossom Plantation was amazing from our first conversation until all was cleaned up after the wedding. She went out of her way to make things easy, yet extra special, for my daughter and all of our guests. I can not imagine having the wedding any place else.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Julia · Married on 05/11/2013

I have no idea where to begin. Apple Blossom Plantation was the perfect place for my wedding. We loved the laid back way of it and how there were very little restrictions. We were able to bring in all our own alcohol, stay at the Plantation the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding and "stage" the place a few days before the wedding so it was to my liking. Our guests had nothing but nice things to say about the venue and we wish we could do it all over again. We used Peggy for catering and the food was delicious.

Sent on 05/27/2013

Working with Peggy was wonderful. Very economical and spacious. Not a lot of restrictions. Pleasant combination of inside and outside areas.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 10/20/2012

It's been 6 months since my wedding and I still gush about how wonderful it was- and my guests constantly tell me they want my husband and I to get married every year, as it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to. It was truly all about family, friends, and laid-back fun to celebrate our marriage, as a wedding weekend should be. It could not have gone that well without the amazing contributions of one Peggy Snead. She recommended almost all of the vendors we chose- as they ended up being the best choices (and most affordable) for our weekend. The vendors had great relationships with Peggy and knew the venue well, and Peggy was nothing but professional but personable throughout the whole process. She is empathetic and warm, but knows how to get things done. I was the first of my family and friends to get married and truly did not know WHAT to do most of the time, as I'm far from my family and hometown, but Peggy really stepped in and hooked me up with great people and also was great with the advice. My choices were all my own, but she provided me with great tools. The venue was a beautiful place with plenty of space for my guests (and room to spare!) and the bedrooms were all sweetly themed. Peggy was also the caterer and the food was perfect, it was tasty and filling and fit the theme of the wedding. The ceremony was out front and things went smoothly thanks to the facilitation of the proprietor (Peggy again) and DJ and officiant. I know I am gushing but I would be happy to give any individual specific details or advice when choosing a venue/wedding planner/caterer. I could not have chosen a better place to get married- the planning period was actually stress-free and the communication with everyone involved was very clear and present.

Thank you Apple Blossom staff for a fabulous wedding! My family and friends still go out of their way to tell me what a great time it was :)

Sent on 04/18/2013

Alisa · Married on 09/01/2012

Peggy Snead was so helpful and had great ideas. She's such a sweet woman. She will go to the ends of the earth to make sure your day is great. It was nice ask my family could stay at the house, and be close and be able to enjoy the woke weekend together. Loved it!

Sent on 12/29/2014
  • Katherine

Katherine · Getting married on 05/23/2019

LOVE this place - and Peggy! Definitely recommend.

Peggy - owner and operator of Apple Blossom is AWESOME! The Venue is adorably decorated to feel both elegant and quaint. Peggy also comes with the venue as a wedding planner - and will make planning for you wedding so easy! Free of charge! She allows total freedom to choose from whatever vendors you want, but also has many connections & recommendations if you wish. She is spunky & fun, and makes the whole wedding planning process a joy! 10/10 would recommend her to anyone looking to get married!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

I’m not even sure how to begin expressing how thankful I am that I was able to book my wedding with Apple Blossom. When my search for the perfect venue began, I quickly realized how many venues are happy to take your money but will weigh you down with time restrictions, noise ordinances, guest limits, etc. After realizing that all the heavy restrictions wouldn’t work for my Type A personality, there were few options left. Next came the budget issue and another lesson learned. Other venues may have a lower sticker price, however, once you add in the cost to rent the tables, chairs, linens, etc it quickly adds and, for me, it wasn’t worth the headache of having to worry about delivery, set-up and take down. At Apple Blossom all of that is taken care of for you and there were no surprise fees or charges, something that is hard to say for most venues in the area. Lastly, I wanted to be able to make the venue my own for my big day and wanted to feel like it was just a big party where we could all stay up and talk and hang out for as long as we wanted to once the main events were over. I was only able to find all of these qualities in Apple Blossom. Peggy welcomed as many people as we wanted to spend the night and made breakfast for us on the wedding morning and the morning afterwards. She was not only hospitable but was incredibly helpful the entire week of the wedding. She truly wants to do anything she can to help you and will offer anything she has to create your “vision” without nickel and diming you. I’m not sure my big day would have been such a success without her help. From organizing our processional line-up to making bouquets to contacting all of our vendors to keep them on schedule to tending bar when lines got long, she was really the extra piece that kept our puzzle together. We can’t thank her enough for helping make our dreams come true and helping make sure we had the wedding we had always dreamed of. Thanks Peggy!

Sent on 12/09/2016