The American Hotel, Freehold Reviews

The American Hotel, Freehold 6
The American Hotel, Freehold 7

Kerry · Married on 11/03/2018

11.03.2018

We had our wedding ceremony and reception here, and everything went perfectly. Joy was an amazing resource for the months leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day, Jim kept us organized and on time. Our guests loved the food and the day was perfect!

• Kathy Falzone & Peter Feld Wedding

Kathy · Married on 09/09/2018

One of the Best places for a Wedding, A+++ service and Great Atmosphere

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2018

Joy and Jim were a great team every step of the way! From the intial tour of the venue down to the day after the wedding, the whole experience was smooth, happy and easy! They took all of the stress out of wedding planning and really truly made us feel like they not only were the best at their job, but that they were doing all of this just for us! All we had to do is give them vendor info, and drop off our centerpieces and wedding items and then Jim took my vision and turned it into the most beautiful room I’d ever seen. Every expectation was exceeded! Wish we could have a reception like that every weekend now!
    Thank you thank you thank you!

The American Hotel, Freehold 8
    The American Hotel, Freehold 9
  • Leanne

Leanne · Married on 07/20/2018

We did not have our reception here, but we did stay here on our wedding night with ALL of our friends. We had almost the entire hotel booked, and it was a blast. The service was wonderful, they put all of the welcome bags I made in each hotel room before our guests arrived. The rooms were great and everyone had nice things to say about their stay. The bar was open after our reception and we had a great time continuing the celebration here. After the bar was closing, since it was summer and a beautiful night - we spent the rest of the evening on their beautiful outside patio. This was a great choice for our guests!

Donna · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot say enough good things about the American Hotel. I just got married there and Joy and Jim are the most wonderful people to deal with. Always pleasant and accommodating. Our wedding day went off perfectly. Everyone loved the food and the service was impeccable. I am still getting fantastic feed back from my guests. No one wanted to leave, they had such a great time. I highly recommend the American Hotel for any event!

Rosemary · Married on 02/10/2018

The American Hotel is a boutique hotel with a great vibe. The staff was fantastic. Jim and Joy made everything so easy. The space was great, food was great and the staff was top notch. Loved loved loved it!

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2017

The venue was PERFECT! The staff was all very nice and accommodating. Joy was always so friendly to work with and helpful and Jim was phenomenal! He not only did everything he could to make our day extra perfect but he was also so kind and accommodating to my handicapped uncle, which meant so much. All our guests also have been saying how beautiful the venue was and how great and fun our wedding was. Thank you soo much to everyone at the American Hotel!!

The American Hotel, Freehold 10
    The American Hotel, Freehold 11
    The American Hotel, Freehold 12
    The American Hotel, Freehold 13
    The American Hotel, Freehold 14
    The American Hotel, Freehold 15
    The American Hotel, Freehold 16

Heather · Married on 10/07/2017

From the minute we saw this place it just had a charm about it that we knew we wanted for our wedding day. Joy and Jim couldn't have been more amazing throughout the planning and wedding. They were quick to respond and answer questions and were accommodating to our schedules. The food was out of this world and people are still talking about the food and venue! Our wedding was such a hit because of the place and people working there!

Amanda · Married on 07/01/2017

Joy and Jim made my wedding day absolutely flawless and they were a pleasure to work with! My husband and I picked the American Hotel for two main reasons, the fact that it was a hotel and also a full service restaurant. My theory is that the food is better at a wedding when the kitchen has a restaurant, so I know the food is fresh and cooked to order. Well I couldn't have been more spot on. The food was unbelievable. I received so many compliments on the cocktail hour, and the reception food. The fact that we were able to go to the bar after the wedding, and then just walk upstairs to our rooms made the entire night so much more fun! If I could do it all again, I would still have my reception at The American Hotel. The service, food and accommodations were first class!

Kimberly · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing service for our wedding!

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I had our brunch wedding reception at the American Hotel May 20, 2017. We had a vintage (1950's) themed wedding with *lots* of DIY (my husband and I made all the centerpieces, bouquets, cake topper, place settings, remembrance display, and favors). Joy was a pleasure to work with, she helped us arrange our many DIY pieces and Jim helped to design a beautiful layout. We weren't sure exactly how it would all come together but when we walked in after the ceremony, the space looked magnificent - it captured our theme better than we had hoped it would. Jim & Joy took care of last minute hick ups (including but not limitef to my parents inviting some last minute guests confusing the seating) & worked with us (while we were planning the wedding from across the country) to make our day one we won't soon forget! The food was fantastic and everyone had a lovely time. We were treated with respect and genuine care, I would highly recommend this venue!! Not only is it beautiful and the people fantastic, but the best part was they were able to work within our budget and honestly they went far beyond what I'd expect from any venue.

David · Married on 03/25/2017

Wedding was great. Staff was attentive and professional. Joy and Jim handled everything with precision.

Debbie · Married on 03/25/2017

We had the wedding that we wanted with the fabulous guidance and direction from Joy and Jim. Every detail was followed up, food was superb and as the bride I didn't have one worry!!

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2016

I got married at the American Hotel yesterday and everything was PERFECT! This is such a beautiful and unique venue. The chandeliers, fireplaces, and decor make the hotel feel so elegant and classic. The banquet manager Joy and maitre de Jim made wedding planning pleasant and stress-free. The day of the wedding, they made sure my husband and I were happy and fed all night. They worked well with my other vendors (dj, photographer, florist) to make sure that everything went smoothly from start to finish. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants to get married at a boutique hotel. We were able to move the party to the hotel bar after the reception, which stays open until almost 2am. We were then able to go right upstairs to go to bed, instead of having to take a shuttle or drive home. The hotel rooms all look brand new and they were spotless. The hotel also serves continental breakfast in the morning, so it was nice to spend a little extra time with my guests before leaving in the morning. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding at the American Hotel. We plan on going back for our anniversary!

Gia · Married on 11/05/2016

We took a look at several venues before choosing The American and we're so glad we did.

Both Joy and Jim (he's hilarious!) were stellar in both the planning stages of our wedding and the execution. Our guests were stunned by the how beautiful the venue was but mostly by the exceptional food! Wow, the spread was incredible, delicious, and there was A LOT of it! Guests are still raving about it a month later!

Every part of our wedding went off without a hitch except for one detail but the staff went above and beyond to make it right.

It was also great to have the hotel rooms within this venue so that guests wouldn't have to drive after the reception if they didn't want to. Rooms are great. We loved the bridal suite.

Highly recommended!

Thank you Joy, Jim, and the rest of the staff which gave us an outstanding wedding experience!

Gia and Mike xo

Aradia · Married on 10/01/2016

Planning a wedding can be a very overwhelming experience, however, once we booked our date with The American Hotel, it got much easier! My husband and I found this little gem in Freehold for dinner one night for our dating anniversary, and the rest is history! We were shocked at the value of this venue, and were very pleased with the quality of our event. It was literally the best night of our lives! Joy was great and so helpful with all of my questions with planning, and Jim really did an amazing job pulling everything together the day of. I would highly recommend The American Hotel for any event!

Amy · Married on 09/18/2016

I can't say anything negative about the american hotel! It was our dream venue and more than we could have imagined!!! Joy was fantastic and helped us with every step! Jim was always by my side the day of and when I needed him he was there! He kept it running on time and even helped when I got sick during the reception. My husband had a special meal during the reception and we even had special meals for our guest. He worked with all our crazy quirks and I couldn't recommend a better venue to anyone!!!

Alli · Married on 07/09/2016

We could not be more happy with our decision to have our wedding at the American Hotel! Joy and Jim were fantastic to work with!! Joy helped select and narrow down every detail about the wedding. Come the big day, everything ran smoothly thanks to Jim, our matre d, and he quickly dealt with any unexpected issues so we didn’t have to worry about anything! They both provided personal attention to our event every step along the way, from planning and opinions on food options to every detail throughout the day.

In addition to having our reception in the gorgeous Lennox and Majestic ballrooms, we held the ceremony in Royale ballroom, which provided an intimate yet comfortable space for our 115 guests. We loved the simplicity of having all the events in the same location, and each part of the night easily flowed from one room to the next. On top of everything else good to say, the food is delicious (make sure you get the guacamole cones)!

If you are considering the American Hotel for your wedding (or any other event), look no further!!

AJ · Married on 07/03/2016

Finding the right venue can be hard, and sometimes you know immediately, that was the feeling we had when walking into The American Hotel, we knew this was the right place. From their Lobby to the rooms it was perfect, there is a certain ambiance when you walk into this building that is hard to miss. We wanted to have a small intimate classy wedding and this place had everything we needed. Joy and Jim put together a memorable event that guest are still talking about. The cocktail hour was incredible, our friends and family have comment on how good the food was, and the staff were all attentive and provided a first class level of service that's hard to match, looking back on our day we would not change a thing. Any couple looking for first class service, incredible food that your guest can't stop talking about, then this is your place, Joy and Jim will make your wedding one to remember, and the ambiance of a New Orleans hotel in downtown Freehold make for great photos opts. Thank you, Joy and Jim for everything we highly recommend The American Hotel. Lori & AJ, July 3rd 2016

Christine · Married on 06/18/2016

Everyone was friendly, easy to work with, and very accommodating!

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2016

Absolutely the best!! There isn't anything we would have changed! Joy,Jim and their staff were amazing!! Everything was elegant! they brought to life what we invisioned and even made it better. I honestly can't thank them enough. Every event we will ever have will be with them!! Also best food ever!!!!

Wonderful service, great food, spectacular planning staff and service. Highly recommend!!

Colleen · Married on 02/27/2016

My husband and I fell in love with The American Hotel for our winter wedding because the ceremony and reception rooms were both beautiful and had big fireplaces. Getting married in winter made it hard to find venues with pretty ceremony rooms, but American Hotel made our ceremony beautiful! We got married in front of the fireplace with rose petals in the isle and candles all over the mantle, it was very romantic. Then the reception room was even more gorgeous! All of my guests were coming up to me telling me how beautiful everything was! Jim and Joy were awesome And a pleasure to work with, We planned the whole wedding in 6 months and they made that possible. We couldn't be happier with how our day turned out! Highly reccomend The American Hotel!

Julia · Married on 02/27/2016

I could not be happier with The American Hotel. They made my wedding day dreams come true. Everything was beautiful and even almost a week later it is all my family and friends are talking about. Joy and Jim are extremely accommodating. I felt like I was dealing with family when I spoke with them. In addition, The American Hotel was very affordable. I plan on having several events at the hotel in the future.

Harry · Married on 11/14/2015

Our daughter's wedding was at the American Hotel on November 14, 2015 and we want to express our sincere thank you to Joy, Jim and the entire staff. The reception was wonderful and exceeded our expectations. We all know a lot of planning and decisions need to be made far in advance and both Jim and Joy were a pleasure to work with. There is not one detail that they did not help us with or take care of. Due to their professionalism, attention to detail and sincere caring attitude, our family had a magical day. We can’t thank them enough.