The Adolphus Hotel Reviews

54 | Dallas, TX

54 Reviews for The Adolphus Hotel

Karin Claussen · Married on 08/08/2020

Outstanding!

The Adolphus made planning and our wedding incredible. They are a first class hotel all around and our experience really reflects that. We had an excellent tour through all their facilities and amenities. It is an absolute, historic gem in the city of Dallas. They truly think of everything in their wedding package. Their wedding liaisons were wonderful to work with and communicate with. They are incredibly responsive and are very transparent with questions about capabilities of the venue. Paula was especially professional and helpful! We really enjoyed that it was an all-inclusive venue from lodging, to a beautiful ceremony and reception space, excellent food, getaway car, and even the cake. They are experts at weddings and even constructed time during our wedding day just for my husband and I (private time during the cocktail hour and a special last dance by ourselves). All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed how beautiful the hotel is and everyone that stayed there loved it. It was a really nice staycation for in-town guests and a nice haven for travelers. We got ready for the wedding in one of the suites and it was exceptional. It was the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever been in and had plenty of space for all of my bridesmaids and H&MU artists to spread out. All of the food at the wedding was incredible and we even had a brunch there the morning after the wedding that was delicious as well. They made wedding planning a fun and enjoyable experience and gave us a beautiful wedding of our dreams. We can't wait to visit regularly and spend a few anniversary staycations there!

Sent on 08/20/2020

Shelby Mesh · Married on 08/01/2020

Wedding Reception

We highly recommend the Adolphus hotel for your wedding weekend and reception! Paula at the adolphus was truly amazing to work with. Definitely with all new Covid- 19 rules. It’s beautiful and 100% worth every penny spent. All of our guest that did and didn’t stay at the hotel loved the atmosphere and style of the hotel. It isn’t your typical hotel. There’s a lot of character and history!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Katherine · Married on 04/14/2018

Amazing venue. The renovations being completed made the experience even better. All of our guests had a blast. THE FOOD WAS INCREDIBLE. The whole place was magical. I did my bridal portraits there as well which was the right call, they turned out so so so well! Will be returning for our one year anniversary trip. Its just the most special hotel in Dallas.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Patricia · Married on 04/14/2018

The Adolphus is quintessential Dallas. What an amazing venue, outstanding food, beautiful rooms and five star service. They could not have done more to make our daughters wedding a truly first class memorable event. Thank you to Paula Fenner and her staff for making this the best place in Dallas to host a wedding

Sent on 04/29/2018

Aaron · Married on 01/12/2018

Sandy at the Adolphus was so great to work with!! She made the process so easy and we knew our wedding day would be perfect with her on our team! Not only was Sandy wonderful, Paula who is her counterpart in the catering office, would assist from time to time when Sandy was out of the office or unavailable. We could not have had such a spectacular wedding without these ladies! We got married on the 19th floor in their new ballroom and it is so beautiful! It made for a perfect location! During the entire wedding week, while our families and ourselves were at the hotel we received the best service! My wife spent the day before our wedding at the spa and it was a great way for her to relax before the hustle and bustle kicked in! Augustine and the rest of the catering staff were phenomenal! We could not have asked for a more perfect day! BOOK the Adolphus today, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Martha · Married on 09/16/2017

I recently had my daughter's ceremony and reception at The Adolphus. It was absolutely perfect. My daughter and her bridesmaids had a spa day in the beautiful new spa and bridal suite. The food was wonderful and the newly renovated hotel is gorgeous. The service is the best. I worked with Sandy Howe at the hotel. She was an absolute pleasure. She made planning fun, and she was perfect in guiding us through the whole process. Thank you, Sandy!

Sent on 10/26/2017

The Adolphus Hotel's reply:

Thank you Martha! It was such a pleasure working with you all. I hope to see you around the hotel for more special occasions soon!

Cheers!

Sandy

karla · Married on 07/08/2016

After a year of planning my daughters wedding at The City Club Dallas, it all came crashing down when a senseless shooter opened fire and killed 5 police officers from the very parking garage where we were parked while rehearsing on Thursday evening July 7, 2016. On the morning of the wedding we were informed the FBI had taken over the building where the wedding was to take place and we would have to cancel, reschedule or find another venue. Several of our vendors got together and found that the historic Adolphus Hotel was open and more than willing to take us on. When the bridal party including myself made it to the Adolphus, the Sales & Catering manager, Lucia Rushton, met me at the door with open arms and allowed me to literally cry on her shoulder. The Adopphus is a beautiful venue and the last minute menu was divine. Just when I thought we had dried up all the tears, my daughter entered the reception room and balled as she believed it was every bit as beautiful as The City Club and then some. In less that 7 hours, the staff at the Adolphus created everything we had spent a year planning. Lucia, I can't thank you enough for making my daughters tears of sorrow turn to tears of joy and make her wedding the wedding she has dreamed of since she was a little girl. The service we received was stupendous!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Rachel · Married on 12/26/2015

The Adolphus is a fabulous place to have a wedding reception. Terri Hanh is their event specialist and she is the pinnacle of perfect employee. She made coordinating with all my other vendors seamless. The Adolphus also treated my husband and I so well throughout the whole wedding process. The hotel is currently being renovated, but they kindly put all our guests on floors that had already been remodeled. The Adolphus is unrivaled in customer service in every aspect.
    Also, the food quality and speed of service delivered at the reception were exceptional!

Sent on 01/06/2016

The Adolphus exceeded my expectations! I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception. They did amazing job with everything. My husband and I were SO happy along with all of our guests. They were so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, and the day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. Terri Hahn was our event specialist there and she is the example of a perfect employee. She was always quick to respond to e-mails and was easy to find and talk to throughout the entire wedding day. One of our favorite parts of the reception was the food. We have had multiple people come to us and say it was the best "wedding food" they have had. We had a butler follow us around for night ready to take care of any needs we had as well. The guests raved about the newly updated rooms. The bridal suite is incredible and gives you PLENTY of room and space for you and your bridesmaids to get ready. The room is beautiful! If you are in need of a reception venue, The Adolphus is the place for you! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Ana · Married on 08/08/2015

I cannot imagine having had my wedding anywhere else. From the first communications and meeting with Terri Hahn and Tamara Schlueter Bayo until the final payment receipt, we experienced nothing but attentiveness, professionalism, excellent customer service, and attention to detail. I expected to meet a few hiccups along the road or during the evening, but I cannot think of any. The Adolphus team executed every request flawlessly. The day-of butler, Augustine, made me feel like royalty. He even brought me lipstick during the reception when I needed to reapply. All of our guests that stayed at the hotel had positive things to say about the hotel as well. I look forward to spending many anniversaries with the Adolphus and remembering my perfect wedding day, thanks to the entire staff at the Adolphus!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Lindsey · event on: 12/11/2014

We loved using the Adolphus for our event this year. The staff was very friendly, everybody loved the food and the room was beautiful!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Sue · Married on 10/04/2014

My daughter's wedding at the Adolphus was picture-perfect. The service was amazing. The event coordinator we worked with was Terri Hahn and she was fantastic -- she answered questions immediately, followed through on everything we asked of her and knew exactly what we needed to keep the ceremony and reception beautiful and on track. Augustine was assigned to help expedite during the wedding and he did everything from holding her lip gloss and phone to telling her exactly when and where she had to be for cake cutting, toasts, first dance, etc. -- all without being intrusive. I would strongly recommend the Adolphus and their staff for a storybook wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2014

The most beautiful venue along with the nicest and easiest team to work with. Anything you would ask for, it was done! They absolutely cater to you and all your needs and make you not have to worry about anything during the reception. The food was also fabulous and delicious as well. Overall, the Adolphus along with the staff was absolutely amazing and made everything easy breezy!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Lindsay · Married on 02/22/2014

Teri was absolutely fabulous and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Valerie · Married on 08/17/2013

Teri Hahn made this whole experience what you would hope for. She was incredibly responsive and a joy to work with. All our vendors were so happy to work with her because they knew how well everything would be handled! The staff was wonderful in working with guests and making sure everyone had the room they wanted in the location they wanted, and Teri was great in taking care of any hiccups. The catering staff dramatically exceeded expectations with FABULOUS food beautifully presented. Not an easy task for 330 people! WE only had the reception at the Adolphus; the ceremony was at a church. Caitlin and her bridesmaids had great joy in the suite where they prepared for the day.

The only problem was with parking staff, who created challenges throughout the week preceeding the wedding.

The beauty of the historic hotel and the amazing excellence of the services made the Adolphus the perfect place to celebrate Caitlin and John's wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Meghan · Married on 04/20/2013

The Adolphus was AMAZING!!! The food was delicious, and the drinks were fantastic! The staff was so kind, and incredibly attentive to us. Unlike most brides, I actually ate & drank at my wedding – thanks to the Adolphus staff. They made sure that I had everything I wanted on our wedding day, and more. The rooms are beautiful, and we loved that our guests got to stay in a historic Dallas hotel. We had the honeymoon suite Fri-Sun, and my bridal party got ready with me in the room. It was HUGE - it has a second living area, and a massive patio. The entire weekend at the Adolphus was simply lovely. The staff has been together for 30+ years, and they really love taking care of their brides. I was excited to go on our honeymoon, but honestly a bit sad to leave the Adolphus. We had such a great experience there, and I would book it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • Bailey

Bailey · Married on 03/16/2013

I can’t imagine having our reception anywhere other than the Adolphus. Everything was executed to PERFECTION. The planning process and tastings were very enjoyable with Jessica. My bridemaids and I stayed in the Queen Elizabeth suite the night before—that room is unreal. We were treated like princesses the whole time. Our guests that stayed at the hotel said the same thing. And the day of the wedding… WOW. Andrew and I showed up for the reception and were immediately (and unexpectedly) greeted by Augustine. Augustine and the rest of the staff catered to our every need all evening. They fixed us plates (made sure that we actually got to eat), kept the tables clean and drinks refilled, and Augustine carried around my lip-gloss for me all evening. The level of personal service and attention to detail was exceptional. And the food… best I have ever had! I wish I could eat those mini beef wellingtons for every meal. Andrew and I look forward to spending our anniversaries and other special occasions at the Adolphus!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Amazingly professional and attentive, the Adolphus is a great value! The food and cake were both amazing and if you opt to taste the cake before you pick which flavor, they treat you to a white table cloth, tuxedoed waiting person experience in which you get to talk directly face to face with the chef.

They Full bar is actually a full bar, as you don't have to try to figure out how many drinks people are going to have nor how many champagne bottles to buy. They just keep it going for the whole event.

Sent on 10/24/2012

The Adolphus staff was amazing at helping make our wedding day perfect. The venue is gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the staff was very kind and accommodating.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Shannon · Married on 07/28/2012

There's not enough room or time to write on how much I enjoyed The Adolphus Hotel! They really made my wedding dreams come true and more! Jessica Cates, the wedding coordinator, was a joy to work with! She really knew what she was doing and went above and beyond her job duties to make sure that my reception was perfect. All the staff at The Adolphus were always so professional and helpful any time I visited the hotel. They even made sure that guests from another wedding that was being held at the same time didn't get into my favors. Augustine, one of the hotels staff always made sure our glasses were full and that we were comfortable at all times, even after the reception ended. I had friends and family tell me how delicious the food was and what a gorgeous venue it was and I couldn't agree more! A Mary Kay conference was being held in Dallas, so Jessica made arrangements to hire a valet service just for my wedding guests and relocate Mary Kay check in so that everything would go smoothly. I'm beyond happy that I chose The Adolphus for my reception venue. It really felt like a dream come true!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Emily · Married on 06/10/2012

For an elegant wedding it doesn't get any better than The Adolphus and The French Room. We had an evening seated dinner in The French Room for 80 guests and the venue is perfect for an event of that type and size. Cocktail hour in the lounge adjacent from The French Room which is beautiful and spectacular. Ceremony was in The Grand Ballroom. The colors and decor in the ballroom were really easy to work with. Jessica and her team made sure all our requests were met. Even better, the food was wonderful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Sherien · Married on 05/19/2012

When we first stepped into the Adolphus Grand Ballroom, we had a reaction. A knowing: this is it. It reminded us of romantic ballrooms in grand ships ...like the Titanic! The old world charm captured our senses. The ornately painted heavenly blue ceiling felt like we were outside under the stars in a magical place. It was perfect. The Adolphus staff was equally impressive. They were so easy to deal with and you could see that they've done this before and all would be under control. And it was. The food was to die for. They also made the delicious champagne flavored cake with fresh strawberries, looking exaclty like I'd imagined. We had our very own bridal butler, Augustine, who guided us through the entore night. We had so much fun! Then, we were blown away when we got to our beautiful bridal suite, and in the morning, we had the best breakfast ever, and a late checkout so we could head off to Hawaii!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Abigail · Married on 05/05/2012

The Adolphus Hotel made my wedding a dream come true. They went above and beyond to make everything happen. My guest stayed there since the majority of them were from out of state. The Adoplus team made sure they had everything and even put my mother in law in a suite (no additional charge). Their price is steep but totally worth every penny. The food was fantastic, room was perfect and every one was so professional! I would recommend this place In a second.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/03/2012

My husband and I chose this hotel for our wedding and reception because it came so highly recommended by other vendors we spoke to as soon as we mentioned that we wanted an upscale glamorous wedding. Not only did the venue's brilliance meet our expectations, but Paula, the director of catering, ensured that every detail involving all the vendors went perfectly. It also will accommodate over 250 guest comfortably, which the other upscale hotels in Dallas could not handle. Nearly every guest noted to us that the rooms were amazing, that the food was delicious, and that the ceremony was stunning. If we had it to do all over again, I would not have changed a thing. In fact, my husband and I are looking at spending our anniversary at the hotel with dinner in the French Room.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Jessica Cates was my wedding coordinator and she was a lifesaver! We had several meetings before the wedding and she was there the entire day of my wedding before. She handled everything in a very professional manner, and helped with anything I asked on my wedding day. From room layout, to vendor recommendations, to food tastings, she helped with EVERYTHING.

The Century Ballroom is beautiful. It was draped to make the room smaller for the ceremony then the room was flipped for the reception. The staff was very efficient and transformed the intimate ceremony space into a beautiful reception room for 260 people in only an hour.

The food was incredible! We had a "buffet station" concept, and the lines were very manageable as there were multiple stations to choose from. The banquet manager, Augustine, took care of the groom and me and our families all night so we never had to stand in a line and our drinks were always full. He even packed up a slice of cake and had it waiting in the room for my husband and me after the wedding.

Our wedding was beautiful and I would recommend the Adolphus again and again.

Sent on 10/18/2012