The Abbie Holmes Estate Reviews

17 | Cape May Court House, NJ

17 Reviews for The Abbie Holmes Estate

Allison · Married on 10/28/2017

This was the best experience I could have ever had! Starting with tastings they are so accommodating! It was always a quick response through email while working with Sue! She really helped with ideas we were stuck on in decorating and had any suggestions needed! The staff on my wedding night was so nice! All of them worked hard to make sure everyone was taken care of. Food was FABULOUS! Many guests commented on how delicious the appetizers were as well.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Megan · Married on 07/22/2017

I honestly do not know where to begin because this venue was by far, the best decision I could have made. When I started to look around for my venue I did tons and tons of research. Luckily, I went to view this place and immediately fell in love. When I brought my husband and the rest of the family, they too fell in love. The charm of this place is beyond amazing. Before getting married, we were able to go and have numerous tastings, which in itself was such a fun experience. We had wanted to get married outside and Abbie Holmes has a beautiful outdoor chapel that just fit us. Sue, the owner, was by far the easiest person to work with. She truly made our wedding day from the extra details she put into my center pieces, to the fine details on the outside porch, to the water and ice tea guests received upon arrival, to the arrangement of the ballroom and ensuring each and every guest was happy. I have to say that Abbie Holmes exceeded my expectation. Each and every worker was beyond nice and helpful. Sue allowed us to drop off all of our wedding stuff the week before, allowed us to come in early the day of, and even did all of my flowers inside and outside of the venue! Not only is this a wonderful family owned and operated place, but Sue and her daughter have an eye for creating such memorable and beautiful events. If I thought it couldn’t get better, it did. Sue was the cook and made each and every meal at the wedding. I had 115 guests and each and every person raved over the food. I truly cannot say enough good things about Abbie Holmes Estate and my husband and I are beyond happy that we were able to find such a beautiful place to get married. Because of the workers, the charm and the detail, our wedding day was perfect. Not once was I stressed because Sue and her daughter made sure that everything I could have ever wanted was perfect. There was not one thing missing and not one thing that went wrong that day. I am beyond grateful to have found

Sent on 08/10/2017
  • User6068048 · 1+ year ago

Abbie Holmes Estate has a great layout, and a lot of character. Everything that is included in the package makes life so much easier, and the planning less stressful. The staff is very intuitive to your needs, and offers great tips along the way. I can not wait to have my wedding, and to see everything come together.

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • User6097837 · 1+ year ago

This was by far the best decision we made in choosing a wedding venue. Abbie Holmes is incredible, and the staff is so kind and hospitable. Dena, the wedding coordinator, was a dream to work with. Every idea I had was met with enthusiasm, and she even enhanced those ideas with her own suggestions without being pushy. She was extremely intuitive and went above and beyond to make our wedding day feel magical. This place has amazing food, is cost-efficient(hello BYOB), and has that old-world Victorian charm. Every room has something new to explore, and it has character without feeling pretentious or over-the-top. My guests still talk about how great our wedding was and it was two months ago. I could go on and on. Abbie Holmes was everything we wanted and more! You will not regret choosing this place as your wedding venue.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Jacqui · Married on 06/10/2017

Stop looking because these people are THE BEST! I can not explain how easy Sue has made my wedding planning experience, I dont think this woman sleeps lol! Our wedding was stunning and the raves about the food were abundant. Nicest, down to earth people.. Sue and her daughter Deena... I asked to use the space to make a flower chandelier that couldn't be transported the Tuesday before the wedding and Sue said no problem, we were there for 6 hours with no complaints from anyone. Every single person that works there I enjoyed talking to, the staff was so awesome you can tell they love their job! The guy who hung the flower chandeliers said he was very grateful to work there when I was saying how amazing the place was... If your looking for an easy breezy gorgeous wedding then this is your place!!!! A day I will never forget!- Jacqui

Sent on 06/15/2017

Sara · Married on 09/26/2015

Abbie Holmes Estate is the most beautiful venue! I have been to events here before an the food is delicious, the landscaping is amazing and the staff is wonderful! I can't wait for my wedding in September!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 09/19/2015

I don't know where to start! The Abbie Holmes Estate is an amazing venue. They gave me everything I ever dreamed of without added fees or any drama. I had unlimited choices of decor, table linens, candles, place settings..need I go on.

Dena is the coordinator and she is kind, helpful and just amazing. She helped us through the entire process and made sure everything was perfect the day of. They truly made me feel like family.

The ceremony location in their chapel is just amazing, the cocktail hour is hosted on a gorgeous wrap-around deck and top it off with a gorgeous ballroom for the perfect wedding atmosphere! This place is a gem. The pricing is fair and you get so much more than you would at any other venue ( they never said no to us..no matter what we asked). Also, their food is fresh and prepared that day...they don't even have the freezer space to host frozen foods, just delicious and amazing.

If you are considering The Abbie, go for it, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Shanon · Married on 08/31/2014

Had my wedding here and it could not have been more perfect! The staff was amazing and took the stress out of the whole planning process. The food was out of this world and still the best I have ever had at a wedding. I am still getting compliments from friends and family about the venue and the food, plus several of my guests have proceeded to book the venue for their children's weddings. Sue and her family made my day one I will never forget as a wedding should be and I cannot recommend it enough.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

Abbie Holmes Estate is absolutely gorgeous for any wedding size & budget!! I had 100 guests and there was ton of space for more. There you will find excellent service, beautifully arranged setup, and high quality food. All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating from the setup to breaking down and cleaning up after the reception was over. The dishes we selected were delicious- I highly recommend the Garlic Lemon Chicken & Braised Short rib w/ Horseradish cream!! I am so sad that my wedding is over but every-time I drive by - it brings back the fondest memories ever.

Sent on 09/06/2014

christine · Married on 08/09/2014

Where do I begin? Abbie Holmes is simply amazing. From the beautiful grounds, the charming outdoor ceremony area to the delicious food and memorable service, this venue will give you the wedding of your dreams. I had the pleasure of working with coordinator Sue and couldn't have been happier. She kept me organized and assisted me throughout the entire process. She went above and beyond to help us achieve exactly what we wanted. She kept us on budget and made sure every detail was in place. She was so patient with me! The cocktail hour was held both outside on the porch and inside in the farmhouse. The reception room is a blank canvas without any tacky décor so you can truly make it your own . On our wedding day, my vision came to life and it was an incredible experience. The dance floor was a great size for all of our guests (115). Everyone was talking about how delicious the food was even weeks after the wedding day. The whole day just ran so smoothly with no hiccups or standstills. Thank you so much for such a wonderful memory on our wedding day!!!! I recommend that everyone use this venue!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2014

This review is way overdue (as we are actually just celebrating our one year anniversary ) and should have been done so long ago.... We had our wedding here at Abbie Holmes and it was the perfect venue and absolutely perfect day! Dena was our coordinator and has impeccable taste ... She is the absolutely best, and actually did not say no to one request or idea we had. Heather who is In charge of the culinary side was so fun to work with... Made my husbands dream of a gourmet burger come true. Every person we meet was wonderful including all the vendors suggested by the Abbie! We had the exact casual vintage feel we wanted seamlessly flowing from the chapel to the deck/farmhouse cocktail hour to our reception. Our guests loved how easy the flow was and how unique and beautiful the old house was! Thank you so much to the staff and family at Abbie Holmes ! So late with this review but we had a wonderful honeymoon reminiscing with family and friends about our amazing wedding !
    Sarah and Rob

Sent on 06/08/2015

The Abbie Holmes Estate is an extraordinary venue with amazing staff. I had my September wedding at this picture perfect venue. I planned my wedding in 4 months and the staff at Abbie was professional but very personal. They truly made my day very magical, it was the best day of my life!! Abbie Holmes staff made it all possible, very detailed oriented and listened to my idea of what I wanted my wedding to be....They made my dream happen. The food not to mention is out of this world...not your typical wedding food. I would do it all over again if I could...Abbie Holmes is well worth it.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Kara · Married on 09/29/2012

The Abbie Holmes Estate was the perfect backdrop for our wedding day! We were looking for something very homey with a rustic, vintage feel and booked The Abbie without even seeing it based on photos and recommendations from friends. Besides the beautiful location, Sue and her team are outstanding and truly a pleasure to work with. They know their stuff, and make everything seem so easy! We received endless complements from wedding guests about how smooth the day went and how lovely all the special touches were. I would recommend The Abbie to any bride looking for a unique location where the staff truly care about making your day special. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Annemarie · Married on 11/26/2011

Dear Sue,

Thank you so much for contributing to the amazing memories of our wedding. The service, food and atmosphere were simply amazing. We can never thank you enough for being so accommodating and honest throughout the planning process. The food was served hot and tasted so good! The beauty of the grounds and house speak for themselves and can be seen in all of our pictures.

Thank you for an amazing day!
    Sincerely,
    Annemarie and Jimmy Kehler
    November 26, 2011

Sent on 02/28/2012
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/30/2011

The Abbie Holmes Estate is one of the most unique places to have your wedding reception in South Jersey. This old farm house is such a wonderful venue for a wedding ceremony and/or reception and is the perfect back drop with its rustic decor. The owner and staff were very accomendating to all of our ideas and needs. They were able to make every dream come true for our wedding.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Dena · Married on 11/22/2008

beautiful venua, wonderful service, and excellent event coordination!

Sent on 01/12/2009