The 228 In Sterling Reviews

30 Reviews for The 228 In Sterling

• Michael

Michael Thomas · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Happily Ever After!

Sharon, April and the staff of The 228 in Sterling made our dream wedding, come true! Our wedding was held in September of 2019 on a beautiful autumn day. We were married under the colorful oak tree, which is set in the field to the right of the barn. Sharon and her team executed all of the wedding details flawlessly and made our wedding party and guests feel so welcomed. The cozy intimate barn was the perfect place to hold our reception. It allowed my husband and I to mix and mingle and enjoy our guests. We would definitely recommend this venue to others. We can't thank Sharon, April and the Team enough for making our dream come true!
    Christopher & Michael xoxo

Sent on 01/02/2020

Sara Lindquist · Married on 01/08/2020

Superior Flexibility, Attentiveness & Professionalism

It would be safe to say that no one expected the 2020 wedding season to go as it did. We were one of those couples that spent much of March and April anxiously wringing our hands and nervously watching the TV as we realized that our wedding day would likely come and go without the anticipated fanfare and celebration. But in April, we zoomed with Sharon and Maria at The 228, and they oh-so kindly presented our options (which were more than thoughtful and generous), and we decided to keep our original wedding date and hold a VERY small COVID-safe ceremony on The 228 grounds with only a handful of close friends and family.
    The professionalism, thoughtfulness, and flexibility that The 228 demonstrated throughout this entire process has been remarkable and truly appreciated.
    If you are looking for a venue in the central / western MA area, we couldn't recommend The 228 enough. The grounds are spacious and well-kept and include a covered patio to the side of the [beautiful] barn, and a fire pit for evening s'mores and fireside fun. The staff is attentive and friendly. The barn itself is well-kept, clean and the perfect spot for customizing your Instagram-worthy event! What more can we add? Oh, you are supporting a woman and veteran-owned business too!
    We can't wait to hopefully host our wedding celebration later there in 2021!

Sent on 12/13/2020

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Your group was so wonderful and laid back to work with! Happy to be a part of making your love legal in 2020 and celebrating a short time safely. "Catch you" next year for the party! Sharon

Sally Turcotte · Married on 10/19/2019

Post wedding reception

We had a post wedding celebration for our son & daughter in law after a recent elopement style wedding. The 228 was very accommodating to our ideas and budget, offering ideas. The location is beautiful with spacious grounds, while also having convenient access. Our guests loved it.

• Mary Lou

Mary Lou · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing venue!

Right from the start Sharon was extremely helpful and gracious! We had a blast at our wedding and would highly recommend the 228 to anyone. The grounds are beautiful the buliding is quaint and rustic.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Chelsea Dale Bartlett · Married on 09/13/2019

Can we get married again?

When people have regrets about their wedding, they obviously didn’t have it at the 228. Not a single request went unfulfilled. My wife even asked if we could get married again. The venue was perfect, accommodating and stress-free. Can’t recommend the 228 more.

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

You were so fun and creative, even down to the choice of caterers and music. If we could rate our couples, you'd get superior scores right back! Thanks very much for your generous review.

Breana Bernard · Married on 08/18/2019

8/18/19 wedding

Our experience with the 228 was amazing. My husband and I got married 2 months to the day we got engaged due to my father/in-law being sick with cancer. We planned a wedding in 6 weeks thanks to the 228 being so responsive & quick to accommodate us on such short notice. They made everything SO EASY for me. Sharon had so many decorations already there that I was able to use. I didn’t have to worry about finding centerpieces, table linens, chair covers, nothing. She had SO much stuff to pick from to decorate with that was right in line with what I was looking for. Aside from that, the 228 speaks for itself with its rustic beauty and charm inside and out. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding day. If I had waited 1 year or more to get married, I would have done everything exactly the same at the 228.

• Monqiue

Monqiue · Married on 07/13/2019

Great venue!

This venue was perfect for our I DO BBQ. This is a family run business, where the owners and staff are amazing, accommodating and had very helpful ideas to incorporate into our event. Everyone raved that both the outdoor and indoor space were perfect!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Monique

Monique Clem · Married on 03/26/2019

Prime Location

We worked with Sharon approx. 12 months prior to our wedding. She was very professional, friendly and always responsive. She worked with me to create my wedding ideas into reality. Her ideas and suggestions were always on point. Our wedding reception was amazing and EVERYONE raved about the property. Sharon and here entire staff were friendly and courteous.
    I would absolutely recommend The 228!

Sent on 08/15/2019

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Thank you so much. You were a pleasure to work with as was the new BBQ vendor we met along the way. Party on Extreme Tailgators!

Alysha Metcalf · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Experience

We had our wedding at The 228 this past weekend and it was everything we hoped for. We wanted an intimate, rustic venue and The 228 fit the bill perfectly. The barn and the grounds are beautiful, simple, and elegant. We were also able to have our rehearsal dinner and setup there the night before, which was a huge help for making the wedding day as stress-free as possible.

Sharon, April, and the the rest of The 228 team were also wonderful. They were easy to work with, responsive to communication, flexible, and overall super helpful. You can really personalize your wedding and work with them to make the day exactly what you want. Sharon even brought a Gandalf costume for our officiant to put on during the reception (we had a hobbit/LOTR theme)! That made for some amazing photos and memories.

The prices are also very affordable. We added on additional items to suit our needs, like the firepit and patio heaters, and it was great to have those options. Their recommended vendors were also all fabulous. It's an excellent value overall. Thank you to Sharon and her team for making our day so special!

Sent on 11/19/2018

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We love seeing everyone have a great time and want our clients to feel like they are getting a good value for the money they spend on their most special of days! Congratulations Alysha and Ben!

Adam · Married on 07/21/2018

We booked The 228 in Sterling for our wedding in late July.

Sharon and her staff made the day spectacular for us! We had both our ceremony and reception on the property. The ceremony took place at the gazebo, and the reception took place inside and (mostly) outside.

Sharon and staff worked with us to make sure that all of the bases were covered as far as who was going to set up decor, and take care of all of the other details that go into the wedding, such as clean and breakdown, etc. We had about 4 hours to set everything up, and because I wasn’t there, I don’t know how it was executed, but it was executed perfectly.

Sharon worked closely with us to understand what we wanted the place to look like, and she was on top of things for the whole day. We had some stress revolving around our rental company, so we had to have a lot of “plan B‘s” in place, a lot of which was covered by Sharon. Our wedding coordinator and Sharon worked very well together to make the day happen.

We also had Sharon staff the bar, which was great because we didn’t have to think about anything as far as the bartending.

The grounds, and the barn are gorgeous. The weather ended up being one of the nicest days of the summer. Us, and are guests, were not big dancers, in fact, most of the time when you would normally see an open dance floor at a wedding, that time was spent outside socializing, playing yard games that we rented, and just enjoying the beautiful weather. The venue was so wonderful in this regard, because you’re not sharing the property with other events or guests, like if you were to get married in a hotel or function hall which has other events or weddings going on. It was completely private.

The bottom line is that Sharon and her staff put in a lot of work at every event, and she really makes the day happen for you. We can’t thank her enough for the effort she put into our day.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stacy · Married on 05/27/2018

Great experience all around. Easy worry free day for me as the bride.

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 04/29/2018

My husband and I had a small wedding of about 45 people and we wanted to have it at a more intimate venue. I found the 288 through Wedding Wire and I knew it was the place. The property is beautiful with a renovated barn, a pond, a gazebo and an outdoor fire pit. Sharon was absolutely incredible. She made me feel very comfortable and helped me every step of the way to get all of the details ironed out for my wedding. The staff was friendly and professional. I'm so grateful I could spend my special day here!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Thank you so much! You and your party were lovely and fantastic to work with! Have a fabulous life together. -The 228

Leanne · Married on 02/03/2018

Superb venue. Highly recommended. Received compliments from people in attendance.

Sent on 01/06/2018

Shawna · Married on 10/20/2017

Everything was wonderful from start to finish! Timely and efficient, not to mention fairly priced and personal. They really made us feel like they cared....everything was perfect! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Dave · Married on 10/06/2017

We had a very nice wedding at 228. There were no problems & the room was set up nicely. The bartenders fee was a little more than we expected due to some wording in contract, but not a big deal. Overall, I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Tish · Married on 09/15/2017

Couldn't ask for a better experience for our company party. Sharon and Pat were wonderful, very hospitable. The setting is beautiful!

Sharon · Married on 09/03/2017

From beginning to end 228 took care of our needs!! They were extremely flexible with change and helped made our day perfect!!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Kimberly · Married on 08/26/2017

I couldn't have found a better place to have my wedding. It was exactly what I was looking for and at a very affordable price. The owners are very friendly and easy to work with. If I had any questions, they were quick to respond and help. They made planning my wedding much easier than I thought it was going to be and provided a bunch of vendors contact information. I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Thomas · Married on 07/22/2017

The facility is great. The manager was courteous and worked with us in order to make the experience memorable. The staff was great too!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Andrew · Married on 05/27/2017

We knew we were in good hands with Sharon and her staff the minute we sat down to talk to them - they were well organized, had all the bases covered and were super easy to talk to. We used several of their recommended vendors and services and they all turned out great. The 228's staff was exceptional throughout the planning, setup and the party itself.

As for the venue, it's a beautiful place with a brand-new hardwood barn (modern amenities, rustic look), a gazebo by a pond, a firepit and a huge lawn out front. We had a hundred people spread out between the indoor dance party, the patio, and a group roasting s'mores at the firepit - it was great. Would be awfully hard to find a better value, we talked to a bunch of venues that wanted a lot more money and had a lot less to offer.

I think this place was a big part of our wedding day being as awesome as it was, would certainly recommend the 228 for any sort of celebration!

Love!-Highly Recommend

My husband and I recently got married on our high school anniversary (11/22) at the 228. If you book your wedding/event/shower through the 228, you'll receive heart-warming personalized service. It was a pleasure working with Sharon and Maria. They will go above and beyond to make sure your vision becomes a reality. The 228 is a hidden gem in a world full of wedding factories nowadays. I received personalized service and a memorable event at an affordable and very reasonable cost. There is plenty of parking and multiple spaces on property to set up a wedding ceremony or outdoor event as well. I would highly recommend and can't wait to book another event here in the future.

Sent on 12/19/2019

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Thank you very much. You were a fantastic and lovely couple. Love truly does prevail! Hopefully we will see you again to celebrate your anniversary/ birthday party for your son. Fondly, The 228

Erica · Married on 05/05/2008

Sharon & Her team at the 228 are 100 percent accommodating! I've run three or four events at this location, from business events to a wedding! She is flexible and gives 100 percent, no matter how large or small of a client you might have.

Sent on 01/08/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole Carville-Autry · Married on 09/01/2019

A beautiful New England reception venue!

We had our reception here, and it was everything and more that I dreamed of! Sharon was great to work with for planning. The staff was amazing during the event, making sure that everything moved along smoothly, coordinating with vendors, then packing up all of our things at the end of the night. She even accommodated for those of us who needed to pump breast milk. The outdoors area was beautiful for photos, and all of the guests loved being outdoors! S’mores around the fire pit was fun! This was a really fabulous, affordable, flexible venue.

Sent on 12/12/2019

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Unique requests, utilizing our decor on site and making weddings feel easy and stress free for a couple are always our objectives. We enjoyed decorating, coordinating details with your family members and truly making it your day on our site. I'm especially glad your guests in need of privacy felt accommodated. Best wishes The 228

Christine Grzybowski · Married on 05/12/2019

Friendly, great experience

The 228 staff was great and worked & communicated effectively with us. We loved how everything looked and working with the 228 was a great experience. We were given a list of preferred vendors which given our short planning timeframe (within 2 months), made planning the wedding much less stressful.

Sent on 09/01/2019

The 228 In Sterling's reply:

Thanks very much! We loved working with you and the Mr. and once I got the hang of spelling his last name, the rest was smooth sailing :) .
    Congratulations to you and your new little one!