That's My DJ Entertainment Reviews

That's My DJ Entertainment 1
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Amazing DJ!!!

We loved working with That’s My DJ Entertainment!! Our DJ was Shannon, and he was absolutely amazing. He listened to everything that was important to us and kept the party going all night long. He truly went above and beyond and even did an entire walk through of the venue with us in preparation for the big day. We would definitely request him again in the future! Kelvon, the owner/DJ, was also a pleasure to work with! Communication was great, and all of our questions were answered. 10/10 recommend

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Thea

Thea · Married on 09/14/2019

Great DJ, highly recommend

We hired Kelvon to be our DJ, and also asked for him to bring along a Spanish-speaking MC to translate. Kelvon was incredibly helpful in the planning process, especially as we created our timeline. He is very knowledgeable.

We especially appreciated his flexibility when we asked whether he could help our ceremony musicians (friends of ours) set up. Kelvon and Jasmin were an immense help the day of, and we really appreciated how he kept us on track.

Most importantly, Kelvon is a super talented DJ. We are still hearing from guests about how much they enjoyed the reception. We even added on requests for songs during the reception that were specific to certain traditions, and he had no problem getting things up and running. The equipment is high quality and Kelvon made sure our guests had a great time.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Peter Dublinski · Married on 09/07/2019

Kelvon is the Best

If you are looking for a DJ for your event, look no further than Kelvon. I booked Kelvon after seeing him keep a dance floor going for the entire night at a friends wedding, and he didn’t let me down. Our dance floor was PACKED the entire night. There is something to be said for knowing how to read a room and play the right song and Kelvon has that skill. He was also an incredible hype man for you and all of your bridal party. Book this man you will not regret it.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • A. Ward

A. Ward · Married on 09/01/2019

Highly Recommend

My wife and I eloped a couple months back and agreed to have a 'celebration' with friends and family. We currently live in Dallas, Texas and decided to have the celebration back home in Illinois. After speaking with Kelvon one time we knew he was the DJ for the job. We were a little nervous in the beginning of the search since we were so far away. Needless to say we had no issues communicating with Kelvon and arranged everything without an issue. Kelvon even went as far as giving us uplighting suggestions and we chose his color suggestion. The music was great and made every guest comfortable. There was a wide variety of music and he knew when to slow it down or turn it up. If I do any other events I will be hiring Kelvon again.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • FutureMrsJochum

Janina · Married on 08/09/2019

Hands down the best DJ

Kelvon was amazing last night at our wedding! We’ve been working with him since January and from our first initial conversation, which was very detailed, we knew he would be great! We communicated by email pretty frequently and he was always positive and very professional. We met the week of the wedding to review the details of the day and he had our timeline mapped perfectly. I asked him a few hours before the wedding to make a very big musical change and he worked it perfectly as if that’s how it was always supposed to be. We was very accommodating with the music and read our guests great! Everyone said they had a great time and loved the experience! His personality is contagious and he’s a genuinely amazing person. Thank you Kelvon for everything last night. It was everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Ricardo · Married on 07/13/2019

Very easy and a smooth process

Kelvon is truly dedicated to his profession as a DJ. He took time to meet with my wife and I, while we were preparing for our wedding. His ability to give us 24/7 access to his music selection portal. We were able to include all the songs that we like, especially the must plays for our special day. He was very professional in creating a program for our reception and serving as an excellent DJ. I could not think of a better DJ for us. Thanks Kelvon for helping to bring life to our Reception!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 07/07/2019

Wedding 7/7/19

Kelvon was such a pleasure to work with. Not only was he professional, prompt, and made all of our wishes come to life but he also provided the perfect ambiance for our wedding to be PARTY. Would highly recommend. Thanks Kelvon!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Ashley Ksiazek · Married on 06/29/2019

Great music, fun time & easy to work with!

He was fantastic! He accommodated everything we asked and more! He was responsive and extremely easy to work with! He did a great job as the MC and the timing was perfect all night! He accommodated our music requests and filled in the rest perfectly! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Jacque

Jacque Smt · Married on 06/29/2019

Seriously stop looking and book!!!

Kelvon was amazing from start to finish. So professional, helpful and just an all around great guy. He completely put us at ease during such a stressful planning ordeal. It went so well that our guests didn’t want to leave - everyone kept dancing until 2am!!! I could literally go on forever, but I’ll just say this: HIRE HIM. And please contact me for a reference if you have more specific questions and want a reference. Thank you, Kelvon, for making our wedding truly unforgettable.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Ty Acosta · Married on 06/21/2019

Absolutely Awesome!!!

Kelvon was an awesome DJ! He was so easy and fun to work with. He really listened to everything we wanted and made it feel like the wedding we envisioned. He worked our ceremony and reception and did an excellent job! He did uplighting behind our head table and throughout the venue and it really looked amazing. He took our music choices and blended them with some we didn't even think of and made it sound great! Everyone had such a blast and was dancing all night. So glad we went with him!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 06/14/2019

Top of the Line Service

Kelvon not only kept the party going all night long with a variety of genres, but also provided a beautiful ceremony with all of our song choices. Seamless transitions between the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception kept us exactly on schedule. Not even sure how he did it all but everything was amazing! He let our personalities shine through but also catered to all of our guests. I highly recommend That’s My DJ Entertainment if you want to have a perfect wedding! Thank you so much for keeping our dance floor packed and making our night so special/memorable.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Q

Quisha · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing job!

Kelvon was a complete professional. He tended to our every need and was able keep everyone on the dance floor. He was also an amazing host and was able to direct the crowd to were they needed to be. I would recommend Kelvon to be the next DJ to anyones wedding or event.

Sent on 06/10/2019

K. Jones · Married on 06/01/2019

10's across the board

DJ Von was absolutely perfect for my special day. Not only is her professional. He kept us on our feet dancing all night. I can't thank him enough. My guests have ALREADY booked him for their upcoming events next year.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Carl

Carl and Michelle · Married on 12/08/2018

Nailed it and exceeded our expectations!

Working with Kelvon for our wedding was a great experience. My wife and I both have high expectations for service because we both work in the service industry, and Kelvon nailed it. We had a vision of what we wanted for the mood and feel for our ceremony, cocktail hour and wedding reception and like a professional artist, Kelvon took our vision and created a masterpiece. We wanted to ensure our guests were dancing all night, and sure enough the floor was always packed thanks to Kelvon. After the last song of the night, our guests were chanting for one more song! Many of our guests commented on how great he was and asked for his information for other events. We couldn't be more happy with how our wedding turned out and how much fun we had! Thanks so much Kelvon!

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Elise

Elise Manzie · Married on 10/27/2018

The best!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Kelvon was!! He’s super professional, patient with your sometimes crazy pre wedding chaos, communicative and accommodating. I would never consider hiring anyone else, he’s so fantastic and made the party at our wedding!! Truly, you will not regret going with his service for a second!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

That's My DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and for trusting me to provide the entertainment for your wedding day. I'm pumped that you had a wonderful time and I hope I get a chance to party with you again!
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 10/20/2018

Everything you are looking for in a DJ

We hired Kelvon to DJ our wedding on Oct 20th and he was awesome! From the first time we talked to him on the phone we knew he was the DJ for us, in fact I believe we called him back that night or the next day and booked him! He is so upbeat and fun and also very organized and professional. My husband and I have pretty distinct tastes in music and Kelvon did an amazing job reading the dance floor and playing music that fit our tastes and kept the dance floor full. He also did our ceremony which was so beautiful and perfectly timed. If you are looking for a DJ who is fun, organized and listens to what you want, Kelvon is the is all of that and more! Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 11/02/2018

That's My DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and letting me be apart of you special day. You both made my job easy through the whole process and I'm lucky I get to work with couples as awesome as you guys.

Bryan · Married on 09/30/2018

Great DJ! Quick to respond and very much on top of everything!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2018

This dj is the BEST in the wedding business! He's smart, flexible, personable, patient and understanding. He can make changes on the fly without batting an eye. He's a great guy and a joy to work with. If you want a less stressful wedding (and reception), THIS GUY is the guy for you!!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Phyllis · Married on 08/18/2018

Kelvon MADE my son’s wedding! He did several phone conferences with us, a personal visit for planning at my son’s apartment AND a visit to the venue. All carefully timed before the event. He suggested uplighting, which made a big difference in the atmosphere. And he was the MC for the entire event, enthusiastically introducing everyone and letting each speaker know ahead of time that rheir turn was coming. OH, by the way- the music was perfect! He uses an online planning tool in which the couple gives him lists of songs, requests, must haves, etc. the dance floor was full the entire evening! I HIGHLY recommend Kelvon!!! Can’t wait for my other son to get married so we can use Kelvon again!

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • W

W & C · Married on 08/18/2018

Stop worrying & book Kelvon!

Kelvon is amazing! We could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding and recommend him to all our friends. Not only was he patient with us (guiding us through every song decision we needed to make), he is organized, timely, and flexible!

Kelvon adapted the music to each part of our wedding ceremony and reception seamlessly. Our friends and family could not stop raving about how great of a DJ we had found. One of my friends even told me she kept on meaning to sit down after dancing to a song, but then an another amazing song would come on and she just kept on dancing.

Kelvon, thank you for making our big day so memorable!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • W

Wai · Married on 08/10/2018

I first met Kelvon when he was working for an MC company back in 2015. I was extremely impressed by how well he read the crowd and how seriously he took his work. When I began preparations for my own wedding in 2018, I looked up the same company my sister used to request Kelvon but was told he had started his own company and no longer worked there. A quick internet search led me to Kelvon's company, "That's My DJ Entertainment" and I immediately reached out to Kelvon to see if he was personally available for my wedding date. He confirmed that he was, and after discussing several aspects of the event (venue size, preferred musical tastes, sound system, etc), he gave me his personal guarantee that the only things that could keep him from personally working my event were death or hospitalization. Kelvon kept in contact with us throughout the planning process and was very flexible in accommodating the many changes we made to our track requests. When the day arrived, Kelvon arrived and had his equipment set up before our guests even arrived and had both our requested music and his own inputs from reading the crowd to filll in the gaps we left. We expected the best from Kelvon and he went above and beyond to not only meet but exceed our expectations. There were no technical difficulties errors or nix-ups, only perfection. We would highly recommend Kelvon for any event as the service he delivered far exceeded the costs of his services. 10/10

Sent on 08/20/2019

Justin · Married on 07/29/2017

"Kelvon was great, our wedding music was perfect. He made sure the dance floor was always busy and put our needs first. I would recommend that everyone utilize that's my DJ Entertainment for wedding music service."

Justin Anderson

Sent on 10/17/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/20/2017

I can’t even think of strong enough words to describe how amazing Kelvon and That’s My DJ Entertainment are! When we initially met he informed/ educated us on everything that we would need for our wedding day. On that day everything went PERFECT! All night people kept telling us what a GREAT job he was doing. He kept the dance floor packed all night and played songs for everyone, old and young. If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding day you CAN’T GO WRONG with That’s My DJ Entertainment & Kelvon!!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jody · Married on 06/16/2017

Kelvon was so awesome to work with!! He was always so friendly and professional, and very responsive to emails, texts and calls. The dance floor was packed the entire night, and our guests still talk about how much fun they had at our wedding. Kelvon even went out of his way to drive down from Chicago to our southern Illinois wedding a day early. He came to our rehearsal dinner and brought us a gift! Our wedding was nearly 5 months ago and we still keep in touch because he is a fun, genuine person. We would HIGHLY recommend Kelvon! Great price, excellent service!

Sent on 10/27/2017

That's My DJ Entertainment's reply:

You guys were truly AWESOME that night! Thank you for having me it was truly my pleasure.