Textbook Beauty Reviews

12 | Stamford, CT

12 Reviews for Textbook Beauty

12 Textbook Beauty Reviews

Lauren · Getting married on 10/10/2020

The girls at Textbook Beauty were amazing to work with! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and all of our expectations were surpassed. The bride, the other girls and myself all felt so beautiful. Lindsey and Allison are so knowledgeable concerning all topics of beauty! They delivered exactly what was asked for from each woman in the bridal party. I would highly recommend them for any future event. They're so sweet, you will not be disappointed!

Lauren · Married on 12/02/2017

Lindsey and Allison were top notch and delightful to work with from start to finish. I am someone who generally doesn't do much with my face or my hair, and they made me look and feel like a literal goddess for my wedding.

I was nervous about looking like I went way overboard, considering I'm generally pretty simple with my tastes, but both Lindsey and Allison listened and made me look like me - just amplified. My make-up and my hair somehow stayed put all night, even after running around the dance-floor like a maniac for 3+ hours. One of the biggest compliments I received was from an uncle who said "your hair looks so lovely, you should do that more often!" because he had no idea the effort that went into it. It was proof to me that I didn't look overdone, but rather the best possible version of myself.

Besides making me feel so beyond beautiful, these girls took the same care and attention to make my bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law look and feel their best. Everyone's hair and makeup came out lovely and identical to the inspo photos my bridesmaids came armed with, and my mom walked around all night with the biggest smile on her face because she knew she was just lighting up the room. Both Lindsey and Allison also offered touch-ups to all of the girls before the ceremony and before the reception, completely unprompted, which was such a nice touch.

A huge thank-you to the Textbook Beauty HQ duo - you two are masters of your craft.

Textbook Beauty 1
    Textbook Beauty 2

Christie · Married on 12/02/2017

Very professional, accommodating for different looks and styles, and a lot of fun to work with!

Rachele · Married on 11/04/2017

Lindsey and Allison are the BEST! They are literally a dream to work with. They are so professional but also so personable; working with them is like getting ready with your friends. They recently did hair and makeup for my wedding and made both me and my entire bridal party look STUNNING. I've never looked for left more beautiful. They nailed every look and we all got compliments all night long. I truly wish I could have Lindsey and Allison do my hair and makeup everyday!!

Textbook Beauty 3
    Textbook Beauty 4

Naomi · Married on 10/29/2017

Allison & Lindsey did my hair & makeup for my bridal shower, and were wonderful! They were super organized & responsive when booking, and as soon as I met them, they made me feel comfortable. My hair & makeup came out exactly the way I wanted - a mix of natural but glamorous - and I love that they actually listened to what I wanted. I'll plan to use them for hair & makeup needs in the future, and definitely recommend them to any bride!

kimberly · Married on 09/09/2017

I am not sure how to begin with how incredible Lindsey and Allison were with all the lead up to our wedding day and on the day of. First, they were so fast and easy to communicate with starting from almost a year prior to our event and kept up regular communication to make sure I was on track leading up to our day. They made scheduling a trial a complete breeze, and were incredibly flexible with my last minute addition of hair and makeup trials for my mom and mother-in-law. Leading up to the day of the wedding they were incredibly organized in terms of scheduling and timing -- making sure that I had one less thing to stress over. I was also amazed by their level of professionalism, flexibility, and desire/ability to make every one of the girls look and feel amazing. Even with a number of last minute style changes, they handled every adjustment so attentively, but also made sure that we were done getting ready in perfect time for photos. Lastly, and I think most importantly, they truly understood the stress and emotions that go into a wedding day and had a unique ability to make everything feel under control and calm. Thank you so much, Lindsey and Allison!!

Ashley · Married on 10/29/2016

Lindsey and Allison did an amazing job making myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids looking beautiful!! They were so accommodating and very professional! They are VERY knowledgeable about all things hair and make-up, which was great because I am totally clueless. They catered to everyone's needs and desires, and did an excellent job not going overboard (which is always a concern of mine when it comes to hair and make-up). I highly recommend their services to all brides!

Emily · Married on 10/09/2016

I truly could not be more pleased with the results and professionalism of the Text Book Beauty girls. Allison and Lindsey are unbelievably talented and just the sweetest gals anyone could ever work with. I as a bride and my bridesmaids were beyond THRILLED with the results of our hair and makeup. Thank you for making my day so special!!!

Abby · Married on 08/27/2016

Textbook Beaty was so wonderful to work with! I had a very large wedding party and 10 of us got hair and makeup done. They came prepared, outlined a schedule for us, and finished ahead of schedule so we were ready for the big day! The makeup and hair also lasted all day long. I was completely done up at 12PM and at the afterparty 12 hours later after dancing all night several people told me my makeup still looked like I had just walked into the church. The girls are also really willing to work with you to perfect your look and make it you. I didn't feel like I was even wearing makeup, but the pictures were beautiful. And the best part, they come to wherever you and your bridesmaids are! Can't recommend them enough!

I had Lindsey do my makeup for my wedding, and I couldn't be more satisfied! I told her what I wanted and gave her a few pictures and she did exactly what I wanted. I got so many compliments the entire night!! Given my experience I highly recommend Textbook Beauty!

Alison · Married on 06/14/2015

I could not say more wonderful things about these girls. They are the exact people you want with you on your wedding day or before a special occasion. They are calm, cool, fun, easy going, prompt and professional. I've had my hair and make-up done by them for weddings and special occasions. They are both highly trained but more than that, know how to work with people and clearly have a passion for this work. Their work speaks for itself. Alison and Lindsey are the best!!

M · Married on 08/11/2017

Lindsey and Allison were absolutely fantastic! During the booking process they were very helpful and dealt with all changes (even last minute ones) with flexibility and ease. I did both hair and makeup trials, both of which were very helpful to get a better idea of what I wanted and try out a few options. On the day of the wedding Allison and Lindsey listened to what each person wanted and worked with them to get the exact look they were going for. Everyone loved the results! I would 100% recommend them!