69 Reviews for Terrace DJ

One Event Per Day (10)
Uplighting (6)
Liability Insurance (5)
66 Terrace DJ Reviews

Even with iffy weather and a short power outage Nate was wonderful and worked though everything with ease. Guests raved about the music! Fantastic job!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We planned our wedding from abroad and were initially worried about how communication would be working with our vendors but from the first contact with Nate our worries were brushed aside! Nate was super quick to respond to all (there were many) of our questions and at the same time was super professional making sure to ask us all the right questions to be sure we were on the same page. When we finally landed in Philly, Nate went out of his way to make sure he met with us and see the space before the big day. During the planning process he guided us and took all of our wishes to heart and was able to find every song we requested--even the ones in Swedish! On the wedding day he made sure the right music was being played at the right times, took extra care to pronounce everyone's names correctly, and not take up any time on the mic (besides necessary announcements, of course). All of these things combined with the planning on Nate's side made it to be an amazing night!! We are so so pleased with our experience with Nate and highly recommend him! If you have the opportunity, book Terrace DJ for your wedding or any special event, you will be glad you did!!

Profile Picture Kristy, 5/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so glad we chose Terrace DJ to DJ our Material Culture wedding this April! Nate was so easy to work with. My fiance and I are very particular about the music we wanted played at our wedding and like most other couples on here, wanted a DJ who could create a playlist which reflected our individuality and specific tastes. We felt confident from the first consultation at a local bar that Nate would be able to segue from 60's soul to indie rock to new wave and current dance music in a way which felt organic and seamless. At every step of the planning process he remained friendly, calm, and professional. The rates were transparent and completely reasonable and the DJ Intelligence software was fun and easy to use and alleviated any fears we had about weird requests or cheesy wedding dance songs creeping into the mix. He even downloaded and purchased songs we requested which weren't in his database. When the classical guitarist we had planned on having play during the ceremony canceled at the very last minute DJ Nate calmly assured us that it wouldn't be a problem and was able to take over without a hitch. His presence and announcements during the wedding were calm and assured and completely professional ... no wedding cheese to be found. The entire process couldn't have been smoother and best of all our friends and family stayed on the dance floor the entire night! Would wholeheartedly recommend Terrace DJs and DJ Nate to any couple, rest assured you will be in the best of hands.

Profile Picture Kimi, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Nate was the perfect DJ for our outdoor September wedding. From the very beginning he was very professional, accommodating, and detail oriented. I never had to mention anything twice, which is a lifesaver when you are working with so many people to coordinate your own wedding!
He arrived on time on the day of, coming early to check out the space-- making sure he had adequate equipment, etc. His equipment is also aesthetically pleasing so it blends into the dance floor area. A few days before, he even asked about the wedding colors so he could dress in appropriate attire. A thoughtful detail that makes a difference for me! He even offered to help with set up since he arrived early! I was not good at picking upbeat music, so he offered suggestions and they were well received with our crowd! Music is important--it adds so much to the wedding celebratory atmosphere, and so I am very grateful to DJ Nate for providing that aspect for us. I highly recommend DJ Nate/ Terrace DJ for your event! --Jes & Brian

Profile Picture jes, 9/9/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Working with Terrace DJ/Nate for our wedding could not have been a better process. It was clear from our very first conversation over the phone (Nate's responses over email are prompt too!) that he was our guy. Its very clear that Nate has tons and tons of experience when speaking with him, but despite having this background, he was absolutely flexible and willing to make our day special and unique to us, not just a run-of-the-mill wedding.

Not only did Nate provide an amazing party and dance experience during our reception (the music was so good, our guests asked for the playlist at the end of the night!), but he also aided in providing audio support during our ceremony and music during our cocktail hour as well.

Having him on board for the whole day was a relief, because he had spent plenty of time with us going over the big picture stuff, as well as the details. He knew exactly what we were looking for, and if something went off-book, he could anticipate what my fiance and I were hoping for.

Folks, if you're fretting over a choosing a DJ, you can stop. Terrace DJ is it, trust me.

Profile Picture joe, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Terrace DJ was one of the first vendors we hired. We didn't want a typical run-of-the-mill cheesy wedding DJ, and DJ Nate was exactly what we were looking for! After our initial conversation, it was clear that DJ Nate was super professional and understood our taste in music. DJ Nate was so accommodating and went out of his way to read through our venue contract and call our wedding coordinator about the onsite sound system to make sure everything was set for our big day. He has a large library of music, and was willing to obtain any songs that he didn't already have. He met up with us prior to our wedding to run through all of the details, and he even made sure he knew how to pronounce the names of everyone in our wedding party, which was a little thing, but meant a lot to us. At the wedding, DJ Nate read the crowd well and got everyone up and dancing, while still adhering to our musical tastes. He was calm and collected when things didn't go exactly as planned (we forgot to do the champagne toast...oops) and kept the night moving along. We got a bunch of compliments on the music at our wedding and are so thankful that we chose Terrace DJ!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I got married in June, and we were so grateful to have DJ Nate on our team! He delivers exactly what he promises - a great, completely customized experience with very little schticky DJ stuff. This was also the must chill & fun part of wedding planning for us. Terrace DJ has an online system where you can just plug in the songs you want and sort them into must play, songs we like, and songs we don't want categories. This allowed us to dance to all the songs we absolutely wanted while still allowing for flexibility so the DJ could read the crowd.

DJ Nate also played the music during our outdoor ceremony with no hitches. He was really responsive during the planning process too. He always got back to us pretty much right after we emailed him. Highly recomended!

Profile Picture Valerie, 6/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

On behalf of my (now) wife and I, we'd like to thank Nate in every way possible! As many engaged couples quickly find out, wedding planning can be STRESSFUL! We searched high and low and spoke to countless entertainment companies/ DJ's/ Bands and we never felt as though we connected with the person on the other end of the phone. Then came along Terrace DJ (Nate).

The week we came across Terrace DJ's profile just happened to be leading into a vacation and we were extremely busy. Nate was SUPER flexible and agreed to speak with us during our 4 hour drive to the camp site. We ended up speaking for the better part of an hour and going through so many details that when we hung up, my wife and I looked at each other and agreed that it would be pointless to speak to the other calls we had set up for later in the week.

Once booked, Nate supplied a login to his website where we could add all the DO and DO NOT play songs we could think of. We also added the run down of entry music and the entire schedule of our wedding, which made everything so simple for us.

Getting to the night! Nate showed up, played every song we wanted and stayed away from anything we requested to avoid. The dance floor was packed the entire night from start to finish. We have received a ton of compliments on the vibe and flow of the music and that has everything how Nate handled himself behind the podium. It was all we expected and more. Thanks again and to anyone else who books this DJ will be getting much more than they even know. Hire Nate, he is the best!!

Profile Picture Leah , 6/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

If you care at all about the music at your wedding, and you're worried about the DJ screwing it up, then look no further. Book DJ Nate right now. Nate was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. I'm a bit of a music nerd, and my wife and I wanted very specific songs for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, entrances, and reception. We weren't interested in hearing the typical Macarena, Electric Slide, Mambo #5, etc. (BUT if you are, Nate will play it). For our wedding I made it very clear from the beginning that there were certain songs we had to hear, and certain songs we absolutely did not want to hear. This included no requests from the guests. Nate assured me from the get-go that he would accommodate me in any way possible, and he did just that. Whatever songs he did not have at his disposal (such as rare live tracks from lesser known punk bands) he made it easy for me to just send them to him via dropbox. He was very responsive through phone and email messages, and professional the whole time, even when I got a bit wild with my requests and had to make some last minute changes. He was also willing to meet with me in person a couple of times, over a nice pint of beer (which wasn't necessary but totally awesome), and go over the playlist on his laptop, so we were both on the same page. No surprises. This gave me A LOT of peace of mind. The totem lighting package was nice and went well with our wedding decor. Nate also had to fill some time during our dinner hour, because the meals took longer than expected, and he did a great job playing things from his collection that matched what I had already asked him to play. The introductions were spot on. DJ Nate knows how important this part is, especially for the bride and groom, and if you ask him to read something he will do just that, word for word. He seriously was a pleasure to work with, and helped make our wedding so much more rockin' and enjoyable, and all of our guests agree.

Profile Picture Alan, 4/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

I cannot speak highly enough of Terrace DJ’s DJ Nate (Nathan Atwood)! We had a weekend wedding PA. The one catch was that we wouldn’t be able to meet our DJ in advance of the event because my now husband and I live across the country in Reno, NV. This meant that we had to put full faith in our vendors (and some very helpful family members in PA) that their services would be perfect for our big day after just a few phone calls. It seems crazy now but we were SO lucky to end up with a DJ that was perfect for us considering the distance and circumstances in which we hired him (i.e. one late night phone call 3 months before our event).

Nate was great to work with throughout the planning process. I enjoyed using the online planning system Terrace DJ uses - it made long-distance planning pretty painless.

Nate’s timing for all of our planned songs was spot on, and he did an excellent job introducing us, calling tables up to the buffet, introducing some family and friends for toasts, etc. He has a great commanding yet friendly voice for this and I appreciated how (as promised) he wasn’t interested in providing any other comments than necessary - he was all about the music but definitely knew how to keep the evening flowing. This was a huge help to us since we did not have a wedding planner or any other kind of coordinator for the reception. We leaned on Nate for this and he absolutely delivered.

All evening I had people coming up and asking me, “how did you find this guy? It feels like i’m listening to your iPod, the songs are so perfect for you guys!” and these comments continued throughout the night. Our guests were thrilled with his song selections and a lot of people thought that we had hand-picked the songs ourselves, which was not the case. People were dancing immediately and continued until our 11 pm stop time. I (and others) never wanted to leave the dance floor!

100% would recommend, especially if you and your family love to let loose and dance!

Profile Picture Devon, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Nate (and Terrace DJ) was absolutely perfect. I cannot recommend him/them highly enough.

My husband and I had very specific criteria for a DJ. We wanted somebody who a) was professional, b) would play the music we wanted, and c) wouldn't make the party about himself by mashing songs together or shouting at guests through a microphone. DJ Nate played exactly the music we wanted (he went out of the way to find tracks that he didn't yet have), and he was a total pro in the lead-up to the day, and on the day itself.

DJ Nate also went above and beyond in a number of ways. For example, my husband and I wanted to do a choreographed dance for our first dance. But the song we chose was too long for the dance we'd planned. So DJ Nate edited the track to shorten it (seamlessly), so the song would fit the dance without anybody noticing. Example two: My father wanted to sing a song, Karaoke-style, and DJ Nate lent him the microphone, and found a way to turn the vocals down on the track so he could sing along more easily.

Before the date, DJ Nate sent us a detailed survey where we could say what kind of music we wanted, specific songs we wanted, and specific songs we didn't want. The survey also asked the timing of the reception: when dinner would be served, when the toasts would be (and who would be giving them), when we'd cut the cake, et cetera--to make the reception go smoothly. We weren't sure about some of the reception timing, and DJ Nate spoke with us on the phone (at length) and helped us work it out. Leading up, he was so easy to work with, and so detail-oriented, and so tolerant of the craziness that comes over you when you're planning a wedding.

And on the day itself, he was set up on time with great equipment, and he easily handled a few last-second curve balls. Thanks to him, everything went smoothly, and everyone had an awesome time.

Seriously, this is the guy you want for your wedding/event.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Nate was a perfect fit for our wedding. He was very responsive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process. When it came to the day of the wedding, he did exactly what we talked about and even adjusted to a few last minute requests. He was very professional and fit into our non-traditional wedding style perfectly. We would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Emma, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Nate at Terrace DJ was amazing! He was super helpful and understanding about me procrastinating when it came to filling out my music survey, he downloaded any songs that he didn't already have that we wanted to hear, including our somewhat obscure first dance song, and he managed to keep people dancing all night even when they was potential to be distracted by a fire pit with s'mores and an ice cream truck! Nate listened to all our wacky requests and made sure to play songs that would keep the party going and keep my guests happy. I've heard from many guests about how great the music was, how happy they were to hear the songs they requested on the survey I sent out before the wedding, and how awesome it was to be at a wedding where they didn't play to same tired wedding songs. (a direct quote from a coworker: "I've never heard 'Ruby Soho' played at a wedding! That was amazing!")
Terrace DJ was much more affordable than any other DJ company I looked into and from the very beginning I was sure that we would get only awesome service from DJ Nate. I will absolutely recommend his services to anyone getting married in the future!

Profile Picture erin, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

5 stars isn't enough for Nate. This was by far one of the best vendor decisions I made for my wedding. Book this guy! He exceeded all expectations. We had very different and specific music requests but he was able to deliver on them and beyond. He was super professional, set up wasn't gaudy or over the top, and handled music changes/music location changes seamlessly. We got so many compliments on our music choices. But honestly, the biggest and to us, most important thing, was that we had a DJ who just got the vibe we were trying to go for. Absolutely nailed it. And that comes from conversations/his years of experience. I danced the whole night - my wedding was a dream, and DJ Nate helped contribute to that!

Profile Picture Steffy, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Nate was amazing! My husband is a musician so music was an important piece of our wedding. We had a lot of specific requests for the ceremony and reception, and he was so accommodating. We provided him with a list of songs and he had them ready to go the week before our wedding.
When we initially started looking at DJs, we were concerned about the corny / cheesy factor that sometimes comes along with wedding DJs. DJ Nate is neither of those things! He kept the dance floor crowded, and made introductions / announcements as necessary. He was extremely professional, and we would 100% recommend him to any couples looking for a great DJ!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

Nate is the BEST. The. Best. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and it was all because Nate is a genius at crafting the perfect dance-all-night playlist, even when the songs are totally all over the place. We asked him for a happy indie playlist for our cocktail hour and a big band/rat pack playlist for our dinner hour but gave no song requests - he nailed it! My grandparents were even up and dancing, which is a feat unto itself. Once we transitioned to dance music, I don't think there was a single moment the dance floor was empty.

What we appreciated the most about Nate was that he didn't have to use a cheesy voice or goad our guests to get on the dance floor - his music curation was just that good. Nate even gave me a call a few weeks before the wedding to inform me that my dad had made a special song request, just to make sure I wasn't surprised the night of. He was such a pleasure to work with - quick responses, easy to use online system - and was really flexible when we came to him with some crazy requests for our more important dances.

Nate was also flexible enough to allow another vendor, a strings duo, to use his amplification system for our ceremony and came extra early to make sure that the speakers were pointing the right direction at our windy venue.

We cannot express enough how important of a role Nate played in making our little wedding into a big party. I definitely burned off all those cake calories dancing the night away.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Nate was extremely responsive to all of our needs and professional throughout the entire process. The music was amazing and we received so many compliments on how much fun our wedding was. People were dancing until the very end of the reception! What we liked most about Nate was that he is was able to keep the reception lively and fun during the dancing part of the evening but he was also extremely classy and matched the elegant vibe we were going for during dinner and toasts. Everything was perfect and we couldn't have been happier with our experience!

Profile Picture Kelley, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are someone who truly cares about music, who wants both the classics AND tracks that may not be your "typical" wedding songs than look no further! My wife and I are very much "music people" and the music for our wedding was among one of the most important things to get right for us and I cannot say enough great things about DJ Nate and Terrace DJ! We were very specific and particular about what songs we wanted during our ceremony, our cocktail hour, our dinner, and during the rest of the night and DJ Nate absolutely nailed every moment perfectly. We were in contact with him multiple times leading up to the big day with changes and curveballs and every email got a response from him almost immediately and always congenially. We had multiple songs we were able to hand pick for him to get just for us, but he also had all the songs that you could want for any great party. We covered so many different genres from Sinatra to the Spice Girls and DJ Nate skillfully transitioned and played to the crowd to make the party enjoyable by all, but also truly unique to us. There were guests who told us afterwards that we had the best music of any wedding they had ever been to. And even if you're not that particular about music, I am confident that Terrace DJ would have you covered and give you the perfect playlist for whatever you're interested in. DJ Nate's flexibility, song selection, equipment, skill, & passion cannot be beat. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted and he was an absolutely integral part of that.

Profile Picture Mike, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Nate from Terrace DJ was absolutely top notch in every way. My husband and I wanted someone to play only the music we wanted to hear (a mix of the old, the new, and the explicit), with minimum MC-ing, but be able to read the room to know what songs would keep people on the dance floor. He hands down, no question, delivered. We were able to choose every song that was played at our wedding, but it is 100% thanks to him that everyone was dancing to our choices! In fact, we had way less people at the wedding than expected, but the dance floor was rowdy the whole time (something that was really important to me). For all the people who think they can just plug in an iPod, think again. Everyone commented on how great he was! The segues from song to song kept people interested and the totem lighting system created the vibe we wanted. Throughout the process of working together before the wedding, Nate was flexible and professional every step of the way, making recommendations where we asked his opinion but also doing exactly what we told him we wanted. He was exceptional and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a high quality DJ. No frills, no fuss, just a true professional!

Profile Picture Lilly, 6/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Nate was, of all the vendors for our wedding, the most accommodating, flexible, and easiest to work with. He'll cater to your every request and was very professional from start to finish. He also offers a convenient website on DJIntelligence that allows you to maintain an evolving list of song requests and do-not-plays, along with event timelines and corresponding music for the event. We ended up using this timeline as a guide for our venue host. If he is missing music, he'll gladly acquire it beforehand. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Stephen, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Nate was by far the PERFECT DJ for us. He was the first DJ we spoke with and we knew we needed to look no further. He was incredibly flexible to arrange meeting times and locations, and he was our most responsive vendor throughout the planning process. He drove out to meet us at our venue to get an idea of the where would be the best place to set up and to get an overall vibe of the wedding. We had a very specific and eclectic sense of music and really requested a unique mix of music, and Nate never flinched at our requests. We merely provided him with a list of our preferred songs, and he had them downloaded and ready to review. We used his online planning tool to create lists of must play songs and indicate special requests for introductions, first dances, fading pieces, etc. Nate executed everything we requested to a T on the night of our wedding, and really provided the soundtrack to our evening. His dance lights made for some great party pictures, and everyone commented on what a great job he did. Our parents were pleased with what an excellent, humble host he was and how in-tune he was to the mood of the crowd. We loved working with Nate and would use him again in a heartbeat if we could do our wedding again. It was the best night of our lives, and we have his humble, professional service to thank.

Profile Picture Jay, 3/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Nate was a pleasure to work with. He accommodated several last-minute special requests, including clips of songs we recorded for the ceremony and making a mash-up of very different genres for our recessional. He did a great job keeping people on the dance floor all evening and nobody wanted the night to end! He seemed to really get exactly what we wanted out of every part of the evening. I would absolutely recommend DJ Nate!!

Profile Picture Katie, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My wife and I had a NYE wedding because we wanted to dance all night. Obviously the DJ then becomes one of - if not the most - crucial element of our special day. We had heard of Terrace DJs through a friend and after finding their price very reasonable (especially for New Years Eve) we contacted them. Throughout the entire process DJ Nate was extremely responsive, accommodating, and knowledgable about the business. He gave us the option to create our own playlist of songs to play and those not to play. He stuck to the list perfectly and even when needed created some nice additions when our "Dinner songs" ran out. We didn't want DJ Nate to talk, introduce anything, or make announcements. All we wanted was great music to dance to and he came through. In addition, a friend of ours was DJing the cocktail hour and Nate was kind enough to arrive early to the venue and set up speakers for our friend to use for his set. Talk about going above and beyond!

If you know what you want for your wedding then DJ Nate is perfect. If you need some assistance in selecting specific tracks or moods for the evening I'm sure he can help you as well but we didn't particularly need those services.

THANKS DJ NATE AND THANKS TERRACE DJS!

Profile Picture Adam, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Sound/PA System

DJ Nate at Terrace DJ was an absolute delight to work with. My husband and I were having a difficult time finding someone who would accommodate us with our very specific and precise wedding Must Play list. I went full-neurotic when it came to the music and almost every DJ I found wanted to play sets their way and not mine.

DJ Nate worked seamlessly with me to make sure I got to hear what I wanted when, and filled in any gaps I had. If he didn't have a track, he was immediately willing to get it himself or let me place what I had already in a dropbox.

I may not have a lot of experience with DJs outside of the wedding, but I can say that when it came to maximum powered stress, DJ Nate calmed me and gave me nothing but confidence in the music of the entire wedding. He's incredible and I can't rate him highly enough.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews