20 Reviews for Terra Malia Designs

Preservation (1)
Bouquets (1)
Boutonnieres (1)
20 Terra Malia Designs Reviews

Terra has an eye for beauty. My favorite part of hiring her for our wedding florals was telling her my vision and then seeing it come to fruition. It was absolutely gorgeous, just how I explained it, yet even more beautiful than I possibly could have imagined. Her attention to detail was immaculate and her vision was executed flawlessly. On top of that, she was wonderful to work with. Down to earth and just a beautiful soul. Thank you Terra for taking our wedding day to another level with your inventive and beautiful talent.

Profile Picture Lynee, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Terra Malia Designs was an absolute treat to work with to design the flowers for my wedding and rehearsal dinner. I had a loose vision for what I wanted, mainly just a color scheme and pictures of the type of centerpieces and bouquets I wanted. But without much floral knowledge or specific requests for flowers I did or did not want, I had to trust Terra to take what I gave her and turn it into reality. On our wedding day I was thrilled with how everything came together, the pieces we had talked about looked even better than I imagined, and the creative pieces that she put together on her own with some input from our planner were gorgeous!! My favorite piece was a large wreath hung behind us during the ceremony. We had a ton of compliments throughout the evening and for days afterwards.

Terra's communication was fantastic throughout the entire process and she was more than willing to work with pieces we already had such as votives and rented pieces. She is an expert in working succulents into her pieces and after the wedding she took the time to plant all of the succulents from my bouquet in a pot and gift it to me. They sit on our deck and everyday remind me of our wedding. I highly recommend Terra for any bride or groom looking for creative, beautiful pieces for their special day or any other occasion!

Profile Picture User6289279, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

Terra was great to work with! We were on a tight budget for our wedding but wanted unique bouquets. We gave Terra the general gist of what we wanted, and gave her artistic liberty to create something special. She delivered beautiful succulent and wild-flower bouquets and matching boutonnieres and hair piece for our wedding. After the wedding, she offered to plant the succulents in a decorative vase for us to keep a part of our special day (free of charge). She was easy to work with, responded quickly, and worked well with our "day-of" schedule. You can tell she enjoys what she does and takes the time to personalize your requests.

Profile Picture Ronnie, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Consultations, Delivery, Preservation

Terra was very flexible and easy to work with. I had only a few suggestions for flowers/plants for the bouquets and boutonnière for our wedding and she incorporated them and more to create works of art. They were more than we expected, and we are happy and feel lucky that we chose Terra for our wedding.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Wow!! We are so blessed to have had the chance to work with Terra. She did such an incredible job on our wedding!

With her in depth knowledge of the local flora she was able to create the most magnificent arrangements. We wanted a Spanish Aloha theme and sure enough Terra was able to deliver. From succulents to eucalyptus garlands and gardenias; it was everything we could have ever dreamed of and more.

We were very impressed with how timely she was with communication. She always made her self available and worked with us to manifest our vision.

With her love of plants, mother nature and her Hawaiian background Terra was the perfect fit for us!!

Lots of Love and Aloha!

Kathryn and Jason

Profile Picture Jason, 10/18/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

I hope this review does Terra justice because she is an amazing person and her work is incredible.

I had the best experience working with Terra for my wedding. I got in touch with her because she also has a love for succulents but she was able to grasp exactly what I wanted and make it happen. She was fun, creative, well-organized and reliable. Above and beyond what was expected, Terra worked with my limited budget and even added a few extra flowers just to complete the look. The flowers for the ceremony were incredible, and all locally sourced. She was even able to repurpose some of the arrangements to the reception site so they could be used again AND she potted some of the succulents used in the arrangements for me after the wedding.

I could not have asked to work with anyone better. If I had to do it all over again I would not go with anyone else!

Thank you, Terra, for the most amazing flower arrangements, your kindness, and for your incredible work ethic!

Profile Picture User5572929, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Terra of TMD came highly recommended to us by our caterer (Pure Joy Catering) and we couldn't agree more! We met Terra for the first time on-location at our venue to be. She brought a portfolio of pictures, lots of positive energy and great ideas but most of all she wanted to get to know us and our style! Terra was able to visually create gorgeous florals for our August destination wedding in beautiful Santa Barbara. She made all my wishes into visual masterpieces! I could barely articulate what i wanted besides a few basic details and colors ... And Terra made it happen. She was always accessible during the planning process, timely and on budget when it was all done. Our pictures are incredible and everyone just adored the flowers. If you're looking for a fun to work with, light-hearted and creative spirit to make your special event simply divine, look no further. Terra can make it happen and exceed your expectations!

Profile Picture Maggie, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Terra is an absolute pleasure to work with. And to be honest-- nowhere in our time together did it actually feel like work! I had little idea of what I wanted or where to go with my floral arrangements, not to mention that what I needed and my wedding in general was a bit of a special circumstance. Terra was completely understanding and flexible, and she guided me through the whole process. In the end, I gave her simple parameters and told her that I trusted her expertise and to do what she does best. Terra did just that! My bouquet was absolutely beautiful, and one of the most commentated on aspects of my wedding from others! No one could stop talking about how beautiful the arrangments were. And I will always be grateful that Terra was a part of my day.

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We got married at Elings Park in Santa Barbara at the end of September. I loved working with Terra throughout the entire planning process. She is so calm and friendly! Her flower style is a little unique, but was exactly what I wanted. I love that she rents out her succulents, and that every arrangement is different. I think she put a lot of thought and love into the arrangements, and it showed. She took detailed notes on things that I liked and did not like, and accommodated my last minute changes. I got so many compliments on the centerpieces and the ceremony decorations. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Terra to other brides!

Profile Picture Claire, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough amazing things about Terra. She got me in ways no other florist did and she wasn't afraid to be creative to deliver the vision I had in my mind, but couldn't quite articulate the way only a wonderful florist can. We jived from our first phone call and she immediately understood what I was looking for. She sent me a few ideas, even mocked up a bouquet with me in mind for a wedding show she was doing in Santa Barbara. Then, when I was in town visiting (we live in San Francisco), she left full mock ups of the centerpieces at the venue so we could see them in the space. Mind you, this was like 4 months before the wedding and they were absolutely perfect. Then, she searched high and low for the perfect birch to complete the vision I had for our wedding arch. As I watched her put it together on our wedding day, I literally had chills because it was exactly as I had pictured it. She has such a gift and beyond all that, she is simply a wonderful person to work with. Don't think twice, work with Terra. Also, I am sitting here writing this next to the potted succulents she incorporated into my bouquet. So much better than drying your bouquet, I get to see mine grow and flourish!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/30/14, 1 Review
4.7

Terra Malia Designs did a beautiful job for our wedding last weekend! The flowers were absolutely stunning and unique. I got asked my multiple guests 'what kind of flowers are these, they're gorgeous!" or "I've never seen anything like that". Clearly she knows how to make a statement which is what we wanted. We had our reception in the Plaza at the Fess Parker Resort which is large space but Terra found a way to stay within our budget while still making the centerpieces pop.

She is professional, listens to what you want but also provides her opinion if you ask (very helpful for a bride who has a million decisions to make!). Thank you Terra for being such a critical part of our day.

Profile Picture Malia , 8/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Terra has an incredible talent for recognizing someone’s likes, tastes, and personality and then incorporating all of it into her designs. From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, she made us feel comfortable that we were in good hands by checking in with us and keeping us updated with her ideas and designs. She genuinely loves what she does and made the experience fun with her creativity, which helped take the stress out of this particular part wedding planning. I will recommend Terra to any of my friends who need a florist!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Our wedding flowers were absolutely ideal for our style. I was able to give Terra a general idea of color and type of flowers, then she worked her magic! As a bride, I was able to trust Terra’s skills and focus on other wedding details knowing the flowers would be fabulous!

Profile Picture Danette , 4/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I met Terra at the Santa Barbara wedding show and when I saw her arrangements I knew she was the perfect florist for me. Her designs are fantastic. If you like simple elegance she is your woman! I love that she grows her own succulents and buys her flowers locally!
Not only were our flower arrangements just what I'd hoped for, but Terra went out of her way to make our ceremony beautiful by bringing extra flowers to hang on the isle seats when the wind was too strong for our planned decor. It was so thoughtful and looked amazing. Thank you Terra for your help making the day perfect.

Profile Picture Kristi, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Terra is doing something very unique and I'm so lucky to have found her! She makes outstanding decor with very special care and love and her work never goes unnoticed! She is a artist!

Profile Picture lynette, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We could not be more thrilled with the unique, colorful and lovely centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, and ceremony site decorations that Terra Malia Designs provided for our wedding! Our goal was to use succulents and locally inspired designs and TMD delivered everything we had envisioned (and more!) The ceremony site looked much more beautiful than I ever pictured. We were blown away by the quality and pure attention to detail in every piece. Several guests remarked they had never seen centerpieces and bouquets as unique and colorful as the works of art at our wedding.
Aside from the designs, Terra was a pleasure to work with during all phases of the wedding planning and event process. She really put my mind at ease so I didn't need to worry or stress! We will cherish the memories forever and truly appreciate everything TMD did to deliver above and beyond our expectation. Thank you for being an integral part of the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Malia, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Terra's talents were on full showcase at our recent wedding. She made all the brides bouquets, groomsmen's boutineers, table pieces and ceremony arrangements. Her style with succulents is beautiful, fun, unique and renewable! Many of our guests requested Terra's information as they had planned to hire her for future events, with many people commenting how creative and beautiful her work was at the wedding. I will definitely hire Terra for future events and highly recommend her for not only her creative talents but also because she is a pleasure to work with and a professional florist of the highest degree.

Profile Picture Pete, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Our flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS! Terra's colorful personality shines through in her work and resulted in simple, yet elegant; soft, but bright and colorful bouquets that everyone at our wedding loved. Terra was extremely easy to work with and was happy to take ideas and suggestions down to the last minute. She really made the whole process so easy and I knew that I didn’t have to think twice about the décor of the wedding because she would handle it. She worked wonderfully with our vendors at the Rincon Beach Club and it all came together perfectly. I will never forget walking into the venue on the day of, before the ceremony, so us ladies could take a few pictures. Honestly my jaw dropped when I entered. The table settings were the perfect balance of everything I had been wanting. She used an eclectic array of bottles, driftwood, stones, succulents, chamomile and sunflowers to create a romantic, peaceful and serene setting. Then, when I saw my bouquet and the bridesmaid’s flowers for the first time I was even more impressed! Every little detail was perfect, the groomsmen’s’ boutonnieres, the flower girls baskets, the corsages for the mothers and grandmothers, the succulents and driftwood at the ceremony….seriously she exceeded our expectations in every way! And the best part was, when all was said and done, when the celebration had ended, we had beautiful succulents from my bouquet and my husband’s boutonniere that we were able to replant as a living memory of our day and our love. We highly recommend Terra for your wedding or any event you may have. She is a wonderful person with a huge heart and a smiling personality and she brings an incredible energy to her work which really shines through. Her flowers set the tone for a beautiful and perfect day and I couldn’t have imagined it being any better!

Profile Picture Laina, 8/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

From the moment I saw Terra's designs and prior floral arrangements I knew I wanted her to be the florist at my wedding. After meeting with Terra I was positive I had made a good choice. Terra took time to truly find out what I wanted at my wedding, I wanted succulents included in my bouquet and in various floral arrangements at the reception. Terra's prices are very reasonable. The day of the wedding I was excited and very pleased with how Terra tied everything together. Her creativeness and ability to overlap various textures and colors in the arrangements she makes is amazing. I would highly recommend Terra for your wedding!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

After speaking to Terra for a few minutes on the phone, I knew she was the florist for me! I had planned a “rustic” theme for my outdoor wedding and wanted a bouquet and boutonniere made with succulents. Terra responded with some amazing suggestions. I emailed a couple photos and she replied quickly with a very reasonable quote. On the day of the wedding, Terra appeared early with the most gorgeous bouquet and lovely boutonniere. I was thrilled! I truly appreciate Terra’s deep interest in sustainability which shows in her work. She came to our house the day after our wedding and (unobtrusively) planted the succulents from my bouquet in a lovely pot she had purchased. This is something that will live on and will be treasured as a wonderful memento from our wedding. We highly recommend Terra Malia Designs!

Profile Picture Patti, 8/18/12, 3 Reviews