Tenacious Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Helen
    Helen Married on 08/01/2021

Amazing from start to finish!

Tanya was such a pleasure to work with and her work is amazing. She pays attention to details and wants to make sure you are satisfied with your look from trial to day of wedding. I can’t wait to use her services for future events. She was my favorite wedding vendor!
    Laila J. Married on 06/12/2021

Wonderful experience

Tanya is really kind and did a fantastic job doing my make-up and hair (the bride) as well as my sister's and mother's. I was really looking for someone who would ensure I looked elevated and natural but not unlike myself on my wedding day. She was really wonderful to work with, flexible and we had a great experience. I would definitely recommend her to anyone.
  • Teresa
    Teresa C. Married on 05/15/2021

Fantastic choice

Tanya was amazing! She came to my house on my wedding day to do myself, daughter and stepdaughter’s makeup. She was accommodating with the arrival time, skilled in her craft and just soo sweet! We 3 felt beautiful- thank you Tanya for being you 👰🏽‍♀️
  • Joel
    Joel L. Married on 05/08/2021

Profesional and so nice!

So glad I hired! Make up on all my bridesmaids were great. She was super nice and captured what everyone wanted.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin V. Married on 04/24/2021

I love tanya!

Tanya did an AMAZING job on my hair and makeup-- particularly my makeup! Like most brides, I cried more often during the ceremony and reception than I thought I would but my makeup NEVER budged. It did not even budge in the rain! My bridesmaids were SUPER impressed.
    Tanya did an amazing job doing hair and makeup for my party-- even when we started to rush due to impending rain, she made sure hair and makeup was perfect.
    When returning to the bridal suite during the cocktail hour to change my shoes, she had left a beautiful note and small bag of makeup samples, including a makeup eraser--which was perfect because I totally forgot to bring mine!
    I HIGHLY recommend Tenacious Makeup! :)
  • Karima
    Karima W. Married on 04/23/2021

Excellent hair and makeup, on time and professional

I hired Tenacious Makeup to do my makeup for my engagement shoot. She arrived on time, helped me decide on a look and make me look so pretty. When my then-fiancé walked downstairs he was amazed at how good I looked. He asked me to keep the makeup on all day. The best thing is the makeup did not make me look chalky, which can be a problem for darker skinned people. I highly recommend.

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Hi Karima, thanks for taking the time out to leave me a review. It was a pleasure meeting you & I wish nothing but happiness for you, your hubby & fur babies! 😊
    Stephanie H. Married on 12/31/2020

Lovely experience!

Tanya was amazing! She was super flexible, friendly, and professional. She worked with me to decide what style would be best for my wedding day when I was unsure, and I loved the way my hair turned out! I would definitely recommend!

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Aww I loooovveee everything about these photos! Thanks for sharing & taking the time out to leave me a review! I greatly appreciate it!
  • Lisa
    Lisa H. Married on 10/24/2020

Look no further! This is the full package!

Tanya was professional and fun! I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup! I am a makeup lover - but I'm usually pretty casual about my hair. Tanya put me at ease and came up with a pretty, romantic style that felt very "me". She also did my teenage daughters hair and makeup (with a lighter hand) and she was gorgeous as well!
    Catherine M. Married on 10/24/2020

So pleased with my makeup by Tanya!

My husband and I had a Zoom wedding this fall and Tanya made me feel so beautiful! I don't usually wear makeup so we did a trial first and she really listened to what I wanted. I would definitely recommend Tanya!

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review Catherine! It was great working with you on your special day, I hope all is well with you & your hubby!
    Jenny A. Married on 09/27/2020

Satisfied Customer

Tanya provided excellent service. She was professional, friendly, and ensured my look was perfect for my special day. I couldn’t be happier with my wedding day look she gave me.

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time out to leave me a review Jenny! It was a pleasure to work with you & I hope all is well in newlywed land!
    S Kab Married on 09/12/2020

Awesome Hair & Makeup Artist

I was debating about my makeup and hair options since we were having a less formal outdoor ceremony. I reached to Tanya less than 6 weeks before the wedding for a trial and I was blown away. I received so many compliments about my hair and makeup. I was going for a more natural look and she did an outstanding job. She was also very responsive and pleasant to work with.

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Hi Sylvie, thanks for choosing to work with me on such a special day & taking the time to leave a review about your experience with me. It was a pleasure working with you and seeing how happy everyone was on your wedding day! Wishing you & your husband a lifetime of happiness & love!
  • Shannan
    Shannan B. Married on 09/06/2020

Thank You!!

I reached out to Tanya to do my hair and the bridal party’s hair for my wedding, this past September. I was first blown away by Tanya’s responsiveness and professionalism. She was able to give me a discount for her services and also included a hairstyle for my flower girl, which was very generous, since I was planning on styling her hair myself. I had a trial appointment with Tanya a few weeks before my wedding date. Tanya was able to style my hair without any picture but by my description of how I wanted my hair to look. We tried a few styles and she created a beautiful goddess styled braid for my final look. I instantly fell in love with the braid and knew it was the style that completed my wedding look. On the day of my wedding Tanya worked on various hair textures and types (including: Natural African American, Extensions, Dreadlocks) of my bridal party’s hair. She was able to create a variety of gorgeous styles for everyone in the wedding. I hope to work with Tanya in the future!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay L. Married on 08/16/2020

Everyone looked beautiful!

Tanya did a great job of making myself and everyone in my bridal party look beautiful! She had such creative hair and makeup ideas that my bridesmaids really loved. I've got a lot of hair, which can be difficult to keep up all night long, but everything stayed in place! Very happy with her in all respects.

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Thanks for taking the time out to share your experiences working with me Lindsay! It was so nice to meet all of your friends and family & make them feel like stars on your wedding day. Thanks again for choosing to work with me!
    Wishing you & your husband a happily ever after!
    Keyomie Married on 08/08/2020

August (covid)

Despite the world’s pandemic of the COVID, I still decided to go through with my wedding. Tanya was more than ready to accommodate me and the many changes I had. She was a delight, her personality was a match with my wedding team. We all looked gorgeous!! And everyone was more than shocked when they saw the bridal party which was my two daughters and myself. My daughters loved how she uplifted them to just place extra emphasis that they were beautiful. She even gave them pointers on how to apply lashes, in which they are now hooked on!! Thank you Tanya for bringing our inner beauty out to shine!!!!!
  • Catrell
    Catrell H. Married on 07/24/2020

Flawless and Magical

So thankful we found Tenacious Make-up. Tanya arrived early, set-up and then created loving masterpieces. I highly recommend you book Tanya of Tenacious Make-up for your special day, or any day you want to be transformed into the best version of self.
    Tania W. Married on 07/17/2020

Highly reccomend booking, just AMAZING!

Tanya is, not only an excellent makeup artist, she goes above and beyond! After reaching out to her only 5 weeks before my wedding day & having some trouble with my initial venue Tanya helped pick out the very spot we eloped! She is very responsive, professional, kindhearted and accommodating. I felt like I was just getting my makeup done by a good friend. I cannot say enough positive things about her. My makeup lasted all evening, except for the lipgloss lol. Luckily, the package included a customized bag for touch-ups. I was glowing in our wedding pictures and video! Hairstylist, Tanya, set my beachy curls to last (through July's hot humidity). I was particular about wanting a bit of my hair pulled back but still having it look like it was down from the front and, right away, she knew what I meant and perfected the look I was going for, plus added flowers. Tanya is more than just an artist... she's a sweet, genuine person who truly cares. We were eloping during covid so none of our family/ friends were there... Tanya was so sweet to take pictures and videos of my fiancé and I as we were leaving her cottage to go get hitched. It was something I didn't think too much of at the time but looking back at the pictures and videos--I will cherish them forever! I highly recommend Tenacious Beauty .. Makeup & Hair!

Tenacious Makeup's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time out to review me! It was a pleasure to work with you & your family! I wish nothing but great things for you!
    Ami Married on 07/01/2020

Great makeup artist

She did an excellent job for my makeup on my wedding day. She came on time and was very professional and friendly. I loved my makeup, my husband and family members loved it too. I will highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a makeup artist.
    Marlena B. Married on 04/04/2020

Beautiful work

Tanya was extremely professional and kind! She was such a calm and pleasant presence to have in my bridal suite! My bridal party's (and mine) hair and make-up was so beautiful and exactly as I had requested. Tanya definitely has an artistic hand
  • Kaza
    Ka Za Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing MUA

She made me and my bridesmaids look great. Everyone raves about the hair styles she did. She also responds to input, and does a great job. Couldn’t have asked for a better makeup artist.
    Alexa C. Married on 11/24/2019

Amazing Experience

Working with Tanya was an awesome experience. She was punctual, friendly, and professional! She made me laugh both in my birthday and wedding day! Highly recommend! Very sweet!
    Carah M. Married on 11/22/2019

Wonderful experience with perfect results!

I reached out to Tanya when my scheduled makeup artist had to cancel. Tanya got back to me within an hour and shared her availability. I did a family ceremony on a Thursday and a party on the next night. Tanya was able to accommodate both dates. We had a trial run with my hair and makeup and Tanya was very in tune with what I wanted and what I wanted to change, and she nailed it! I received endless compliments on both nights about my makeup and hairstyle! I couldn't have been happier with my experience Tanya and I am so very grateful I found her.
    Leigh L. Married on 09/28/2019

Flexible and Professional

I was so fortunate that she was able to fit me in on such short notice, the appointment started on time and ended exactly when stated, and my hopes/aims were definitely heard and met!
    Natalie A. Married on 09/08/2019

Perfect Choice!

I wanted my makeup to look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. I hired Tenacious Makeup for myself and a few of my bridesmaids. I knew exactly what I wanted (and didn't want) and communicating my vision to her was easy which made me confident that my desired look could be easily accomplished. The process on my wedding day was super peaceful and relaxing. Tanya came to my location which made it even easier! My makeup (and my bridesmaids) came out better than I could have ever imagined and I'm forever grateful to Tanya for making it happen! I would recommend their services for your special day with great confidence
    Elaine O. Married on 08/22/2019

Wonderful experience

Tanya was friendly, flexible, and wonderful. I got many compliments on my hair and make up throughout my wedding.
    Cherrie G. Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing experience

Tanya was such a pleasure to work with when planning hair and makeup services for my wedding. She replied to every email super fast and went above and beyond to meet all my needs. I made quite a few changes and she was able to accommodate me in everything I asked for. Tanya did a great job listening to all my feedback during the trial and creating an amazing look on me for my big day. Every time I looked at myself in the mirror I did a double take because I couldnt believe how pretty I looked! I'm so happy I made the choice to go with Tenacious Makeup and I would definitely use her services again!