Taylored Weddings Reviews

108 | Escanaba, MI

108 Reviews for Taylored Weddings

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kristen · Married on 09/11/2010

This DJ is way more than just a DJ, he is almost like a wedding coordinator. He helped to make sure my reception ran smoothly. He was full of ideas to make my reception unique and memorable. I highly recommend Taylored Entertainment...worth every penny!!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Allen · Married on 08/21/2010

Mitch is a five star entertainment director! He has a high level of professionalism, and will take your wedding needs seriously.

Our wedding day involved four seperate events on two differents floors. Mitch provided smooth direction and coordination to guests so they did not miss a beat!

Mitch met with us on several occasions to ensure our needs would be met. He brought creativity and fun to the table, and added many personalized touches along the way. The bride and I felt as though our wedding was the most important event on his agenda.

I would reccommend Taylored Entertainment to any bride and groom looking for a worry-free, exciting, unique, wedding day!

Sent on 09/06/2010

Danielle · Married on 07/31/2010

Phenomenal! Mitch went out of his way to make our wedding day enjoyable and memorable. He was always willing to work around our schedules to meet when it was convenient for us. Mitch made us feel like our wedding day was as important to him as it was to us. We weren’t “just another wedding” to him. He even helped us deal with a difficult vendor who was initially not very cooperative, Mitch even offered to help serve the cake and champagne if we needed him to! He also came up with some amazing ideas to keep our guests interested! We came to Mitch with 3 Best Men and he helped us find our “Best Best Man” our “Best Man” and our “Worst Best Man” with a best man contest! All in all, we would not hesitate to recommend Taylored Weddings to anyone.

Thank you for everything, Mitch!
    Chris and Danielle Windberg

Sent on 08/22/2010

Korey · Married on 06/04/2010

Taylored Weddings does it all. They made sure that our wedding reception went smoothly. When we first met Mitch we knew we had to have him at our wedding and we never looked back. He created custom photo montages for important dances and did personalized mother/son and father daughter recordings which were inserted in the songs we danced to. The reception went without a hitch and we never had to worry about anything. He made our wedding reception perfect.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Scottie · Married on 05/29/2010

Mitch helped keep our close to 700 guests entertained, engaged, and involved. With his special touches, such as games to release the tables and customized introductions for the bridal party, he kept our reception fun and exciting and our guests on the edge of their seats. We believe he was instrumental, along with our caterer, in feeding our 700 guests in approximately an hour (No small feat!), and the dance floor was packed until 1 in the morning. Also, his custom timeline and attention to details made our reception only more enjoyable for us, because we knew we didn't have to sweat the small things. Mitch had control of all those details and we trusted him.

His professionalism, customization, and ability to manage any size crowd (Including a massive wedding such as ours) make him a must have for any bride! We give him our highest recommendation and would encourage couple’s to take advantage of the many wonderful options he has available to make your day special and your own.

Thanks so much Mitch! We cherish the memories of our reception and will be sharing them with our friends and families for years to come!

Best Wishes,
    Brian and Scottie Barton

Sent on 07/18/2010

Katie · Married on 05/22/2010

When we started planning our wedding, we were unsure who we would hire for our DJ/ entertainment. Then after seeing how great Mitch did at my brothers wedding in September, I knew that we had to have him. I emailed him late one night and Mitch called me back the next morning, (which was a Sunday morning, and as most people planning a wedding realize, it always seems to be difficult getting a hold of wedding "vendors"). That Sunday morning call was only a beginning to 9 more months of EXCELLENT service.

Mitch helped in making our wedding so memorable. Between the Love Story, Song Editing, and formal Introductions for our wedding party, I could not have asked for more. Mitch doesn't only do all these things, but he also makes sure that the entire night runs smoothly. He helps build, and follow, a timeline and ensures that the night will be perfect and hassel free. When I talk with guests from our wedding, almost all of their favorite memories are those that we had with the help of Mitch.

I know that the money we spent on Taylored Entertainment, was the best money spent for our wedding. I would highly recommend him to all future brides and grooms.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Margaret · Married on 04/02/2010

We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience with Taylored Weddings.We wanted our day to be special, and after doing a lot of researching of DJ's I felt Taylored Weddings would be the one.I couldn't be happier with the services!

Sent on 05/12/2010

rhiannon · Married on 10/03/2009

Mitch provided us with the best entertainment we could have asked for. His willingness to incorporate our ideas was fantastic! Our guests thought he was one of the best parts of our reception! Thanks, Mitch, for helping to make our day so memorable! Rhiannon and Landon

Sent on 11/27/2009

Kim · Married on 09/19/2009

Taylored Entertainment was the absolute first thing that I booked for my wedding. In fact, our wedding date was determined by an available date with Mitch. I had attended weddings that Mitch had done, and stood in weddings where he was providing the entertainment, and had known for a long time that he would be the DJ at my wedding some day.

You can't go wrong booking Mitch at Taylored Entertainment for your wedding. He is very professional and doesn't miss a detail. You won't have to worry about a thing on you wedding day because not only does he do your music, he actually is more or less your event planner. You won't have to worry about when you are supposed to cut the cake, do your toasts, or when to do this or do that. He does all that for you and keeps the night rolling smoothly.

We had so many compliments on Mitch! People were coming up to me that night and saying how great he was and how much fun they were having. We had a lot of people saying how personal our wedding felt and that it really was all about us, which sometimes is an element that seems to be missing. Our parents couldn't believe what a great job he did and were so happy that we chose him. Weeks after our wedding we had people approaching us and our parents still telling us how much fun it was. Many people said they normally leave after dinner, but stayed because they wanted to see our photo montage and listen to our love story (both done by Mitch). They were having to much fun to leave. There was never that down time during or after dinner where people tend to get bored sitting around and leave. Mitch kept things rolling and the energy level up. He added so many personal touches throughout the night, it was awesome!

You will not be sorry if you hire Mitch. He is worth every penny. When somebody does their job above and beyond the competition they deserve to get paid accordingly!

Thank you Mitch, we were so glad that you could be a part of our special day!

Sent on 03/01/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2009

Mitch was so helpful and proffessional with us. We live in Las vegas and did all our planning over the internet and telephone. He gave great suggestions when we had none of our own. He was extermely informative and even helped us work in unusual requests. He helped make our special day one to remember. I would recommend his services.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Melissa · Married on 06/27/2009

I knew when I got engaged I wanted Mitch to be the entertainment. I worked for a catering type business and I saw him a couple years ago at a wedding I was working and when I saw Mitch I said to myself I want him at my wedding when I get married. Well as soon as I started my planning I found Mitch right away and booked appointment. I even switched my date of the wedding so I could book with Mitch. He provided so many good ideas and helped me so much trying to figure out what would work best for a timeline. He answered all my questions asap and I felt like it would be the best wedding ever because he helped me so much and assured me everything would be wonderful. Wedding day was the best!!!!! I didn't think anyone would dance because of all the drinking but Mitch got everyone to stay on the dance floor with all the great music. I am also not a crier and I sobbed my way through the father/daughter dance but it was the best and happiest cry ever. He made that dance so special that I will never forget that moment with my dad. I still have people telling me that it was the best wedding ever and thats what I wanted. THANK YOU MITCH!!!! I want to have another wedding!!! lol

Sent on 07/03/2009

Joanna · Married on 06/20/2009

You will not go wrong if you book Mitch for your wedding. We were first impressed with his informative web site. Then we talked to him on the phone and the three of us immediately got along. We were ready to hire him right then but he suggested we look at other options first to make sure we were getting what we wanted. How many people do that? After surveying some other options, we were still completely sure that we wanted Mitch for our big day! Mitch provides exceptional personal service throughout the wedding planning process. When we were comparing Mitch’s prices to others in the area, they are a little higher but by the time our wedding day arrived we definitely felt like we got our money’s worth and then some. Mitch is not just a dj. He will be your coordinator, your sounding wall to bounce ideas off of, your shoulder to lean on when the wedding planning gets stressful, and finally your emcee and DJ on your special day. The amount of time and energy he puts into planning each wedding is amazing. I never felt like just another customer, I always felt like my day was the only thing on his mind. We met with him at his office twice and then he also took time out of his weekend to meet us at the ceremony location to help plan that out and then of course countless emails and phone calls to iron out the details. With the minute by minute timeline, the ceremony music timed exactly as we wanted it, the personalized introductions, the love story and many more things, he made sure that the day was all about us! We have received so many compliments about Mitch’s attitude, music choices, flow of the day, everything! I would highly recommend Mitch to anyone planning any sort of event. My husband and I keep saying we need to come up with something else to throw a party for so we can hire him again! The best part? We feel like we also gained a new friend. Thanks Mitch!!!

Sent on 07/06/2009

Ashley · Married on 06/13/2009

Mitch was absolutely FANTASTIC! We are so pleased with how our reception went. Mitch played the key role in making our night run smoothly. Mitch is not just a DJ that comes to play your reception music. He is assists in the planning and coordination of almost your entire reception. After we booked Mitch, and the planning came we were very impressed with all of his creative reception ideas and the amount of time and patience he had with the preparation. We had two different sessions with Mitch to plan and e-mails and phone calls to work out details. Mitch is very creative and organized. Our guests are still talking about our love story and how much fun they had. We did not have to worry about a thing at our reception, Mitch was always there, letting us know what was coming up next, and making sure we didn't need anything. We couldn't have asked for a better entertainer!!

Sent on 07/18/2009

Janna · Married on 05/15/2009

Mitch was the first thing that we booked for our wedding. We had seen him at a couple of other weddings and new that our wedding reception would not happen how we wanted it to without him. Mitch went out of his way both literally and figuratively to make sure that we were able to do the planning that needed to get done. He drove hundreds of miles to meet with us since we were down state going to school while we were planning our UP wedding. The night turned out perfectly! We have had several comments from our guests about how personalized Mitch made our evening. Thank you for everything!! We could not have asked for more from Taylored Entertainment (oh wait maybe a discount ;)...haha...He was worth every penny that was spent!)

Sent on 07/02/2009

Megan · Married on 09/27/2008

Mitch is very professional. He goes beyond normal "Dj duties", he offered to get my husband and I drinks when we arrived and he was always checking in to make sure we were okay or if we needed anything.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Kristin · Married on 08/09/2008

Mitch was wonderful and I have seen is work before and when i got engaged he was the first vendor i booked even before the reception venue! He was everything we hoped for and the wedding could not have been the same without him! Everyone said the two things that stood out the most was the personalized Grand March and then our love stories! Thank you Mitch for everything and i would recommend you to anyone, if they don't have you it wouldn't be a great wedding!

Kristin and Brian Haack

Sent on 08/22/2008

Vallery · Married on 08/02/2008

Mitch did a fantastic job! We have gotten many comments on how our reception was so much fun and that it was the best wedding reception people have ever been to. From when we first met with Mitch to when he played the final song of the evening; he always was professional, courteous, and made sure everything was right for us. The reception was planned out perfectly. He made sure that it was exactly what we wanted long before the reception doors opened. Thank you Mitch for making our reception one that we will never forget.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Lindsey · Married on 09/22/2007

Mitch was great. We didn't have to worry about anything at the reception. He was not just a DJ he made sure that everything ran smoothly! He also suggested several creative ideas and really memorable moments to our reception that we would not have done otherwise. All of our guests enjoyed it as much as we did.

Sent on 04/08/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2007

Our wedding day was a day to remember, where moments were created in an instant but will last us a lifetime. And thanks to Taylored Entertainment our wedding reception will be a day we'll never forget. Mitch was the BEST decision we made for our entire wedding.

Sent on 04/05/2008

RACHEL · Married on 06/18/2005

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Mitch did an excellent job at our reception. He helped us pick out music and certain songs for our reception, played all the different kinds of music we wanted, and had our "special requests". He was exactly what I wanted in a DJ...fun, professional, great to work with. He is by far the best in our area, and I highly recommend him to people I know who are getting married.. Thanks Mitch for the excellent job, you made our night memorable!

Sent on 04/06/2008

Taylored weddings is absolutely fabulous and worth every penny! Mitch was fantastic in helping plan with our wedding, went above and beyond what I could have imagined! So organized and professional! And I can not thank brad and Allison enough for everything they did on our wedding day! I truly believe it's thanks to them that everything at the reception went flawless and kept moving! I can not tell you how many compliments we received on how fantastic and organized everything was! The personalized touches make it so much more intimate and how can I forget the photo screens... Those were complimented as well! Thank you ALL again for everything! Hands down would do it all over again with yous! -Cassie and Marcus Bubloni

Sent on 06/16/2015

Cindy · Married on 01/26/2008

Mitch did an awesome job for my winter wedding! I did not have to worry about a single thing when we arrived to our reception. He was very professional and did a great job keeping things on track and moving along. Our guests still talk about how much fun they had during our reception.

Sent on 04/07/2008

Allison · Married on 08/25/2018

Taylored Wedding really made our day special! They pay attention to every detail and were all around fun to have!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2016

Simon (Master of Ceremonies) and Kaylene (Photo Booth attendant and assistant to Simon) both were great to work with. We had some changes to our itinerary on the wedding day and Simon was very accommodating and gave us what we wanted. We had tried to make changes with Mitch (Owner) and this did not go well. We just finally gave up and when we had met with Simon we both agreed to change things when we talked to Simon on the night of the wedding since he was more easy going and more of a fit for us. Example: We had cocktail hour from 8 pm until 9 pm. Mitch wanted us and the bridal party to be announced at 8:15 pm (even though we had kept saying we wanted to be announced later). Why this early when a lot of our guests were not there yet? We had Simon announce us at 9 pm and this worked out great! We got to “mingle” for an hour which was relaxing for us before things got started. If I had not put down half of the money, I would’ve went with someone else. Another thing to consider is that we live 1 ½ hours away from Escanaba and we had to meet at his office three times. Not very convenient if you are not from the area. We had many compliments on the photo booth. Lots of comments on how fun the "photo booth girl" was! The owner of the venue also told us how easy the two of them were to work with. They were very nice and did not have the "holier than thou attitude" that he has run into in the past. He did have a comment that he had told the two of them to grab something to eat (we had finger food hors d'ouevres all night) and they had stated that they were not allowed to have anything to eat. We were not made aware of this at the time or we would've insisted that they grab something if we were made aware. I'm assuming Mitch does not allow this. Be ready to pay as we got a special on the photo booth and still paid $300 an hour, however, Simon and Kaylene did do a great job. They are very good at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Tristan · Married on 06/18/2016

Our day exceeded everything I could have expected and that was due in part to Mitch and his team. Thanks Brad for everything on our wedding day!

Sent on 07/04/2016