Tasteful Occasions Reviews

118 | New Freedom, PA

118 Reviews for Tasteful Occasions

Jamie · Married on 11/19/2016

I would like to give a huge thanks to Tasteful Occasions Catering! They really did so much more for our wedding than just catering. Kim helped me plan so many details from the menu to colors to timeline of events. She is very sweet, always organized and quickly available to my many questions. TOC offers a day of coordinator which I highly recommend! I thought I would be able to tackle all of the set-up/ clean-up with the help of my family and bridal party. However, my bridesmaids surprised me with the coordinator as a gift and I am so so grateful! Mickey made sure everything ran smoothly and took care of every last detail. I really would not have been able to enjoy the wedding without her! Maria and Mickey checked on Steve and I frequently throughout the wedding and made sure we had plenty to eat and drink throughout the night. Everything was fabulous! We truly enjoyed our wedding day thanks to TOC!!!
    Love,
    Jamie

Sent on 12/30/2016

Katelyn · Married on 10/21/2016

Kim & Team,

Reed & I both want to give another big THANKS! for all the amazing work you and your excellent staff did for our wedding. From allowing us to meet with you for a tasting, to working with us on the menu to keep within our budget, to helping our coordinator with various things throughout the entire day to the end of the reception, and to always making sure Reed & I were well taken care of and always had our favorite drinks in our hand! You were always a pleasure to work with! We really appreciated your responsiveness and we definitely got the feeling that you truly cared and only wanted the best for us!

To top it all off, the food was absolutely amazing! All our guests raved about the creativity of the meal and quality of the service. Thank you also for the left overs! We had both our families over to enjoy the rest of the delicious meats, vegetables, and crab dip!

Thank you again for making our October 21st wedding the most perfect and beautiful day of our lives!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Allison · Married on 10/08/2016

Kim and her team at TOC exceeded every expectation for our wedding day! They are so much than a catering company - they are a full event team! Nina, was our designated event coordinator who organized the ceremony and made sure that all of the decorations were in the correct spots. Kim and her team decorated the cocktail hour and reception area and served a beautiful family-style dinner. Thank you - thank you for a flawless day! XO

Sent on 10/31/2016

Jamie · Married on 09/02/2016

Our wedding would have not been as perfect as it was without the amazing staff at Tasteful Occasions. A big shout out to our coordinators, Kim and Mickey! Without these two fabulous ladies, our day would have not been flawless and simply amazing. Both of them were always two steps ahead of the day and never overlooked one detail. During the planning process, Kim was always readily available by phone or email to put me at ease and made sure our cocktail hour and reception was perfect! It was no easy task to coordinate and manage our very large bridal party and families, but Mickey handled it like a pro and felt like family by the end of the night. The rest of the staff from Tasteful Occasions were very friendly, professional and provided our guest with excellent service. The food and desserts were delicious and were raved about by all of our guest.
    I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions! Thank you again for the most amazing day and experience of our life! :)

Sent on 09/06/2016

Linda · Married on 08/27/2016

Many, many thanks to Tasteful Occasions and especially to Kim and Mickey. All of our interactions from the very beginning were pleasant and professional and they never steered us wrong! We knew from the taste testings that the food would be delicious and it was. We received many compliments throughout the afternoon. The cake and cupcakes were a big hit with everyone and the dessert table looked gorgeous. Special thanks and recognition to our day of coordinator, Mickey. She was a big part of the success of the day due to her extraordinary service and attention to detail. We were so impressed with service we received from the staff and Mickey all through the day. We could not have had such a beautiful day without her! Highly recommend Tasteful Occasions, their staff, and coordinators.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Jamie · Married on 06/17/2016

All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! Kim and her staff went BEYOND our expectations with their incredible service. From the beginning, she was easy to work with, straight-forward and accommodating. The tasting was delicious and we were able to choose from their entire menu. On our wedding day, Kim made sure we were able to enjoy all of our food (including during cocktail hour when things were crazy), provided a non-stop drink service (seriously, as soon as my cup was empty she was there with another one!), and made our guests feel welcome and taken care of! She continually checked in on my husband and me to make sure we had everything we needed. Our guests could not get enough of how great the food was and how friendly the staff was! We were so thankful for all of it! The food is amazing and the service is even better! INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE OVERALL!!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2016

Kim and the team at Tasteful Occasions are AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a better caterer and day of coordinator. Everyone told me how good the food was, and how friendly the staff was that night. I will definitely use them in a future event!!! Thanks to Kim, and Mickey for everything you did to make my wedding perfect.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/23/2016

Kim and the team at Tasteful Occasions Catering did such an amazing job at April 2016 wedding! We had originally picked Tasteful Occasions Catering because of their packages. A lot of caterers charged extra per head for coffee, etc, and Kim's team had that all include in the final price. I never would have been able to pull off such a gorgeous wedding without Kim's help. She was so incredibly organized and provided me with a lot of forms that helped to keep me super organized as well! Kim was always very professional, from the tastings to the day of. Mickey was our day of coordinator, and she did a fantastic job keeping everything running smoothly. The food was so delicious and Kim and Mickey did an excellent job making sure the bridal party got plates and plates of appetizers and also making sure that my husband and I had time to eat. The food was delicious as well and the portions were HUGE! I don't even think I ate half of mine. A lot of our guests commented on how great the food was. We also got our cakes and dessert table through tasteful occasions. Although I didn't have time to try all of the desserts, our cake was so devious and it looked beautiful. My husband and I moved across the country 4 months prior to our wedding, and Kim was so accommodating to our needs with finishing planning a wedding from across the country. Kim went above and beyond her duties as a caterer, even volunteering to go talk to my other vendors in person when I was not able to. Thank you so much to Kim and the Tasteful Occasions team!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Bonnie · event on: 12/11/2015

We used Tasteful Occasions for our annual company holiday party. From the beginning, they could not have been more helpful. The food was wonderful and the staff could not have been more professional and helpful. The food choices are amazing - there is something for everyone. Everyone at the party raved about how good the food was. The prices are so reasonable also. We will definitely use them again next year. You can't go wrong with this company.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2015

Kim at Tasteful Occasions is absolutely incredible. Jon and I would not have been able to get through the wedding planning process without her! From day one, she was responsive, responding to emails within hours, answering questions all of our ridiculous questions. She was incredibly flexible as we dealt with families with totally different tastes and made everything come together flawlessly. Kim always made herself available to me, even texting me the night before the wedding, again, answering my senseless questions and making me feel at ease. All of my family and friends were shocked at how calm I was, considering there was a hurricane coming through the area on our wedding weekend...but I kept telling them I had nothing to worry about because I knew Kim had everything under control. Mickey, our ceremony coordinator, was also wonderful! Spending time with me on the phone going over our unconventional wedding ceremony and offering advice. She even wrote up a rehearsal script for us since she was unable to attend our rehearsal. The food was wonderful, the bartenders were great, the servers were lovely...cannot say a bad thing about Tasteful Occasions! Thank you again Kim and Mickey for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Jenna, you were an absolute pleasure to work with also!!! We loved being a part of your Special Day! Thank you for sharing your day with Tasteful Occasions!

Amy · Married on 10/02/2015

What can I say about Kim and her team... They are beyond amazing! Every single one of my guest complimented how amazing the food and her team was. Everyone felt taken care of and the professionalism was beyond our expectation. We picked a family style dinner, and Kim executed dinner service perfectly. It was exactly how I envisioned our wedding dinner! Kim also coordinated a surprise Bacon Bar for my groom that was a huge hit with everyone! Kim was always fast to respond to my emails and questions, having her as my day of coordinator was the best decision I made! She made sure as soon as the ceremony was over we had food and drinks in our hands. Our whole night was made flawless by her team, I was able to breathe, relax and really enjoy my night! I would recommend Kim to anyone looking for a caterer and will always keep her in mind when looking for someone. Thank you Tasteful Occasions for helping create our dream wedding!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

We just got married this past Saturday in Gap, PA. Tasteful Occasions was our caterer, but they also set up our venue, provided an event coordinator (Maria), bar tender, and cleaned up for us. They were awesome! All of our guests raved about the great food from the mini Italian sandwiches during the cocktail hour to the main buffet. They give the bride and groom goodie bags to take home & everything is just as good reheated! We worked with Kim initially to schedule dates, food and details. She was very friendly, detail oriented and quick to respond to any questions that we had.

Maria was our coordinator the day of our wedding. She and her team were amazing making sure that Andrew and I were never out of food or beverages the entire night. And they kept all of the family fed and had fresh beverages during pictures too. Everyone was amazed by the level of service. The venue set-up looked awesome too! It was so nice not having to worry about setup and cleanup! They were very quick and efficient! A guest mentioned they thought they had 10-12 people there helping out and couldn't believe when I said I thought there were only 6. Several people mentioned that if they have an event that needs to be catered they would definitely give Tasteful Occasions a call.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Taylor · Married on 09/18/2015

I was blown away by how amazing Kim and her team made my wedding day. When picking a caterer I was very concerned with cost but still wanted to keep some things that were important to me (like butlered appetizers). Kim spent lots of time with me to find a menu that would work best with my budget. After the tasting I knew I had made the right choice because my fiancé and I could not stop talking about how amazing everything she made us that day was! On the day of the wedding Kim went above and beyond by bringing my husband and I appetizers and wine while we were getting some pictures after the ceremony. She was so tentative all night long making sure we both had food, or a glass of water, or a drink in our hand. She also made an AMAZING mojito as my signature drink, I had multiple guests raving to me about it! All in all a perfect day and Kim and her team were a big part of making it that way :)

Sent on 09/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

Tasteful Occasions provided a great service and quality in food..our cake was so beautiful and the cupcakes were very good. ..everyone seemed to love the food and the bartender was so friendly...Kim was a pleasure to work with and she worked well with me to get the costs to fit our budget... I really appreciated the extra effort...I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions to my friend and family

Sent on 08/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2015

After reading the reviews and speaking with Kim we decided to have Tasteful Occasions cater our wedding. Despite the difficulties of planning a wedding from Texas, they made it all work. The food was as amazing the day of as it was at the tasting – weeks later everyone is still raving about the food (especially the stuffed mushrooms). Where they really shined though was how they handled some unexpected issues (people who had lent us items decided to remove them that day - including tables, drink dispensers, candy jars, cake stand, etc) on our wedding day. Once Kim realized what was happening, she took charge and working with our venue (Historic Shady Lane) found a solution to every issue that presented itself. We were blissfully unaware to most of the issues and upon seeing everything we never would have even known there had been a problem in the first place. Every penny we spent was well worth it for the delicious food and peace of mind that everything was in good hands. We cannot say enough about how happy we are to have chosen Tasteful Occasions!

Sent on 09/26/2015
  • LauraAnn3406

Laura · Married on 07/18/2015

If I could give one piece of advice to any bride looking for a caterer it would be this: Book Tasteful Occasions. You will not regret it, and your expectations will be exceeded.

My husband and I contacted maybe six caterers (our venue had an approved list) and met with three. Kim was the only caterer who saw the vision I had for our day, and helped me to craft a menu within our budget even before we booked her. At our tasting, she offered so many suggestions to make our meal perfect. Kim and her team were responsive to every e-mail and phone call, and no question was a stupid question. Her knowledge of wedding and event details is extensive, and she is thorough in making sure nothing is left out. On the day of our wedding, I had no worries because I knew Kim was on top if it, and everything ran smoothly. She met the bridal party when we arrived at the reception with a tray of drinks and appetizers and had plates ready for my husband and I at dinner (which was amazing, because I wouldn't have eaten!). She and her team set up our venue exactly how I had described, and helped to load decorations and gifts afterwards. But most importantly - her food is memorable. I really can't say that for any other wedding I have been to. Even six months after our wedding, we've had guests comment on the food, and some have asked for recipes to recreate the dishes. Hiring Tasteful Occasions proved to be one of the best decisions we've ever made.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your family also! I am so glad we were able to give you the wedding of your dreams!

Caitlin · Married on 06/21/2015

Kim and her team were wonderful to work with. My husband and I continue to say over and over again that Tasteful Occasions helped to make the wedding day perfect, exceeding even our highest expectations. From the first moment I met Kim, I was impressed by her competency, experience, and willingness to provide us with exactly the menu and type of day that we wanted. Kim was the perfect balance between providing us with practical suggestions and varied options while still honoring our ideas and making everything about what we wanted. Kim was so helpful via email and over the phone through countless conversations with my father and me. Wedding planning can be stressful but Kim helped to alleviate a lot of the pressure by being so organized and precise. The Tasteful Occasions team took our vision and made it even better and more magical than we could have even imagined. On the day of, the food and the cake were even better than the previous tastings we had done and our guests and families have been raving ever since. Additionally, Mickey was wonderful in assisting our needs and making us feel so special as the bride and groom, providing us with appetizers while we took pictures and drinks all through the night. I have nothing but positive remarks to make about working with Tasteful Occasions and am so happy that we chose to work with them to make our wedding day the best of our life.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Chris · Married on 06/12/2015

We were very pleased with our experience with Tasteful Occasions. Working with Kim was an absolute pleasure! She was very patient while helping us to finalize all of the details. Communication was excellent throughout the process. I felt completely comfortable leaving the meal in Kim's capable hands. Everything came off without a hitch. The food was wonderful & beautifully presented. The service was great as well! I would highly recommend Tasteful Occasions Catering to others.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Nicola · Married on 05/30/2015

Kim and her team are phenomenal! The food is delicious and I still hear guests raving about the mac n cheese! Kim worked tirelessly to help me coordinate everything, and was so caring even when I was asking a zillion questions. Wedding planning is a huge project, but I can't think it could have been any easier than with having Kim to help me! Kim also set us up with a ceremony coordinator who knocked it out of the park (thanks Mickey!). Talk about going the extra mile, Kim and Mickey helped out when a few things went awry (as to be expected). We left a few signs at the hotel and they went back to pick them up for us. A few of our DIY projects came apart and they went to AC Moore to fix them. That kind of service makes hiring TOC worth every penny. We were in such great hands, and besides those super minor issues, the day was absolutely perfect. I am thrilled to pieces with the service and with how the food turned out. We took our leftovers home and boy were they yummy! I'd definitely recommend TOC for any event, but especially wedding planning as they take the headache out of it! I'm eternally grateful to Kim and her crew at TOC and will never forget everything they did to make our day so magical.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Megan · event on: 05/17/2015

Tasteful Occasions catered my children's First Communion party. (That wasn't an option for event choices and it made me choose something.) The food was delivered on time and the driver was professional. The food was so, so good. All of my guests raved about it. I would not hesitate to use them again and recommend them to other people.

Sent on 05/18/2015
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 05/10/2015

Having delicious food was a must for our wedding, when me and my then fiance visited with Kim for a tasting I knew Tasteful Occasions were the ones to caterer our wedding and I think we made the best decision possible!! Kim was attentive during dinner and afterwards and the team were so wonderful and polite. Kim, answered all my questions even though I kind of repeated myself a lot because I was nervous of missing something. She always made feel assured and that helped with the wedding planning immensely. They looked like they were working very hard to make our day the best and it really showed. The food was delicious! Especially, the beef tenderloin. I got so many compliments from my guest in regards to the food. We definitely made the right decision going with Tasteful Occasions :)

Sent on 05/18/2015

Kevin · Married on 05/09/2015

Kim, Maria and the entire staff at Tasteful Occasions were great to work with. We found a wedding spot in Northern Baltimore County. It was a great setting, but was set back in the woods on a private farm, and there was no running water. We met with Kim, told her about our venue and some of the limitations, and she and her team took care of nearly everything. We wanted a fun and laid-back reception with great food. We got all of that, and Tasteful Occasions made it very elegant. The food was excellent. We're still getting compliments from friends and family. They made everything seem easy, and took a ton of pressure off of us. We'd absolutely recommend Tasteful Occasions to anyone looking for wedding reception or a fun party. They are awesome.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Betty · event on: 12/19/2014

T.O. was outstanding. The food was exception. The service was outstanding and reasonably priced. I would recommend them for your event. They deliver on everything. Loved it!!!

Betty

Sent on 12/29/2014

Tasteful Occasions's reply:

Thank you, Betty! We really appreciate your kind words. Have a wonderful New Year!
  • User4538179 · event on: 11/08/2014

Everyone is still commenting on how wonderful the food was for my daughter's Baby Shower this past weekend! A huge "thank you" to Tasteful Occasions for catering this event so nicely. Can't go wrong with this caterer!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jill · Married on 11/08/2014

Kim Hernadez & Tasteful Occasions exceeded our expectations! My daughter's wedding is the first wedding I have planned & Kim was prompt, knowledgeable & patient with answering all of my questions. We were impressed with the selection of delicious food at the tasting and were not disappointed at the reception. All the food was amazing & then they top it all off with excellent customer service! I could not have asked for a better experience with a caterer. Our guests were also impressed with both the food & the service. Kim was on-site & the entire event progressed so smoothly. I was able to have fun & enjoy the evening! She even made sure I got a personally delivered piece of pecan pie since she knew it was my favorite! Kudos!

Sent on 05/20/2015