Tara Skinner Weddings & Events Reviews

Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 6
Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 7
  • Randi

Randi Bonilla · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Our experience with Tara Skinner was wonderful and highly professional.

Amy Macatee from Tara Skinner was amazing! She helped to create the dream wedding my daughter wanted. She was so easy to work with. She guided us to the perfect vendors and took care of all the wedding day logistics, which included trolleys and a boat! My daughter's wedding was absolutely beautiful and I was able to just enjoy the day and not worry about anything thanks to Amy and her assistant,Evan. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Browning · Married on 05/04/2019

Crystal the Wedding SAVIOR

Crystal with TSWE goes above and beyond and was truly amazing. As an out of town bride, she made planning a destination wedding a breeze. She was there every step of the way. Meeting us on weekends for planning appointments when we were in town to weekly and often daily emails. She gave us her complete dedication. She also LITERALLY saved our plated dinner, when the venue required caterer ordered the incorrect food counts. Crystal showed up with shrimp to feed our guests. If nothing else speaks to the superb quality of service that Crystal provides, actually bringing the food the feed our guest should! She goes above and beyond to make sure that your wedding goes as smoothly as planned without any hiccups. Also Crystal is an absolute joy to work with. We immediately hit it off and she became a dear friend in the process. I cannot say enough wonderful words about Crystal except, BOOK HER!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Caitlin Kaye · Married on 04/27/2019

Made my day a breeze!

We worked with Ms. Krystal for our Savannah elopement and she was amazing! I wanted a local coordinator since we were coming from out of town and she was always available to call/text/email. Krystal made sure all the details were handled and on our wedding day was on the ball! I knew I was taken care of and was able to thoroughly enjoy my wedding day. Thanks Krystal!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Ann

Ann Vacarella · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Wedding Planners EVER!!!

This company is the absolute best - specifically Crystal Brooks. I did not think at first that I would need a planner having been in the hospitality industry for years but I was so wrong. Being from out of town Crystal was the best source of vendors, covering details and suggestions that made this wedding fabulous. We had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they had ever attended and Crystal was a major reason why! I highly recommend Tara Skinner Events and Crystal Brooks!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 8
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 9
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 10
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 11
  • Lexi

Lexi Hartman · Married on 04/13/2019

The absolute Best!

The absolute Best! As a Bride from Atlanta planning a wedding in Savannah - there is no way it could have happened without Crystal and Tara Skinner Wedding & Events! We signed on for the "Month of" package as my Mother had been in the hospitality industry all her life and we figured we could handle everything until then. Crystal still jumped into action sending us documents with vendor recommendations and information for Savannah Weddings. We still talked to her daily and she was always available to help answer questions or concerns! She always provided full honesty in answering my questions which I so appreciated. You could tell how much she cared about our Wedding. I never once felt like this was just another wedding to her. Unfortunately 6 months before the Wedding my Mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. With everything approaching we started treatment quickly which meant I lost my right hand. Crystal again jumped right into action. She was there, texting me through my tears reassuring me that everything was going to be perfect. She attended our Tasting (on a Sunday) because my Mom's taste buds weren't the same through Chemo. Crystal was there for me in more ways than any Wedding Planner is paid to be. From start to finish she was on top of everything, organized and asking questions that I never would have thought about. It was Genuine. On the Big day she was there from the very early morning all the way to being the absolute last to leave. My Wedding Party and Family were checked in on all through out the day, there was never a time I couldn't find Crystal or didn't have her right there. She's by your side through out it all. But most importantly - Crystal and TSWE allowed me to enjoy the 5 days of Friends and Family and they allowed me to have my Mom by my side the whole day as everything else was attended to. After talking with my Mom, our only regret was that we didn't hire them from the very beginning. They truly will take away the stress of this process for you. I would absolutely recommend this company again and again. Our Wedding crew became our Family and we can't imagine still not seeing them on our trips back to Savannah. Crystal, I can't thank you and TSWE enough for everything you did for us through out our Wedding Journey. You are the sweetest soul and you all truly made our Dreams come to life!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Mary Cooper · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience

Tara was the best wedding planner I could have ever dreamed of. She took care of all my needs and I never had to stress about a thing. If you’re on the fence just go ahead and book Tara and her team now!!

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • U

Donna · Married on 04/07/2018

I would HIGHLY recommend Posh, Petals, and Pearls to any bride. We had Marvee as our month of planner and I can't begin to say how THANKFUL we were to have her. From the beginning, she was always responsive, helpful and calming. We had a Persian/Christian wedding which required the set up of a large ceremonial spread with many intricate and delicate items on it and she handled setting it up (and breaking it down) perfectly. She even came to my family home to see the spread and take pictures. The week and the day of the wedding tend to be the most hectic but she handled everything that came my way perfectly, including last minute changes as my ceremony was to be outside and had to be moved inside. Not only are my husband and I thankful and raved about her but my family and many guests also spoke highly of her and how on top of everything she was as well as sweet and professional. She was the best decision I made in wedding planning and we truly believe our day would not have been as special without her there. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Emily · Married on 04/07/2018

Now that our wedding is a few months behind us, what Tara and her team added to the day comes into clear focus. Simply put, we would not have been able to pull off a destination wedding without her! She answered all of our questions in the months leading up to the week, and even scouted a new location for us when our ideas for the location started to slide all over the place. She was always positive and open to what we wanted, but was able to expertly steer us in the right direction when we had no clue what to do. And she helped so much the day of. I essentially gave her a carload full of wedding knick knacks (family photos, guest book, post showing where our guests came in from, signs, menus, baskets, favors, etc.) with no direction. Twenty-four hours later I walked into the perfect set-up after our ceremony. We also dealt with changes to the venue architecture and rain on the day, and Tara guided us through it all. We highly recommend her, especially if you’re coming in from across the country like we were. We interviewed a few wedding planners before choosing PPP, and the professionalism and expertise we noted in the first phone call was maintained throughout the year-long planning process.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Emily · Married on 04/07/2018

THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!! I have been in so many weddings and I can promise you that I was the calmest most taken care of bride there ever was! I did not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 03/10/2018

Marvee was the month-of-coordinator for my March 2018 wedding. I couldn't be happier with my decision to use a wedding planner, especially the team at Posh Petals and Pearls! Marvee was extremely responsive for the months leading up to the wedding and then dove in to give me some much needed relief during the weeks prior. She was able to handle communication between my parents (from out of town), me, and my vendors seamlessly. I was SO EXCITED to see the minute-by-minute detailed timeline of my day! We had a unique rehearsal without our pastor and our best man, but Marvee filled everyone in behind the scenes and was even instrumental in secretly slipping our late best man into the ceremony! I felt so relaxed on the morning of my big day because I knew everything was handled. My venue decor looked perfect, literally just like my Pinterest board! When we hit a few minor snags on the big day (groomsmen a little tardy and a dirty wedding gown) she and her assistant were such pros at adjusting the timeline. I was able to enjoy dinner and dancing knowing that everything I wanted to happen was on schedule and perfect. My mom and mother-in-law were also able to relax knowing that they could just enjoy our day without additional responsibilities. I don't know how anyone can pull it off without someone like Marvee or the team at Posh Petals and Pearls!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 12
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 13
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 14
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 15
    Tara Skinner Weddings & Events 16

Shelly · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding was FLAWLESS thanks to Taylor and her team! I'm a Savannah native but currently live in DC, and initially thought I didn't need a planner. However, as you brides will learn, the last month is crazy and 3 weeks before the wedding I panicked and decided we needed a 'day of' planner. I had a friend who highly recommended PPP, and we went with the 'month of' option. Honestly, I knew within minutes of talking to the ladies at PPP that I was in excellent hands, but I could not have imagined or anticipated just how amazing they would be. My only regret is not hiring PPP at the beginning of this process! Taylor was AMAZING-- so patient, knowledgeable, organized and an absolute pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond in every way imaginable. And on the wedding day, from beginning to the end, Taylor (with Marvee and Crystal, also fantastic!) executed all aspects of the day to perfection, so I was able to just relax and party! I even had wedding guests tell me how lovely Taylor was!

Trust me when I say that the ladies at PPP are extraordinary. You may find a less expensive option, but I promise you PPP is worth every penny. I walked away knowing Taylor made my wedding and overall experience as a bride better than I could have imagined. Coming from someone who has been a bridesmaid in many weddings, these ladies are THE BEST in town and you won't regret your decision to work with them. A thousand thanks, y'all!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Maria · Married on 08/05/2017

The Posh, Petals and Pearls Team was AMAZING!!! I worked closely with Tara Skinner, she was extremely enjoyable to work with. I went with the 1 month-out plan because I was not working at the time but if I would have been working I would have definitely gone with the full service. Tara was super professional from beginning to end. She was resourceful, very organized and attentive to details. The weeks leading up to the wedding I felt very comfortable because Tara was going to be around and she seemed to be a go-getter. Well I was RIGHT, unfortunately we had a couple of surprises the day of but Tara was right there to take the lead. As an event planner myself, I really enjoyed working with Tara and would recommend her to anyone! If you are looking for someone to really take the reins the day of your special day and someone that does it with a smile don't hesitate to contact Tara. She has a great team, they are customer service oriented, very professional and attentive to detail!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2017

I cannot say enough about working with Ashley from Posh Petals and Pearls. From our first conversation when I had no idea where to start and she answered on a Sunday afternoon, spending an hour and a half on the phone answering all of my questions, I knew that she was going to be amazing to work with. Even though I only contracted her for the month of planning package, Ashley was there every step of the way to recommend vendors, review contracts, meet me at venues, answer a thousand questions no matter how busy she was, and even helped procure last minute corn hole boards when the ones we made didn't go so well. She is so on top of everything and made our dream wedding come together and make sure the day was flawless! It felt like I was working with one of my best friends.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Lindsey · Married on 03/25/2017

I had the BEST wedding experience working with Tara at Posh, Petals & Pearls. I hands down recommend Posh, Petals, & Pearls to any bride and we could not be more pleased. Tara made the whole planning experience wonderful from the start. She is so knowledgeable in all aspects of the wedding planning industry, extremely organized & timely, had the best suggestions, and took my vision for the wedding and made it better than we could have imagined. We could not recommend her and her team more! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Lara · Married on 03/03/2017

My husband and I must have said at least 5 times during our planning process that Ashley and Posh Petals and Pearls had paid for themselves. We hired Ashley early on in our planning for the coordination package and to say she went above and beyond is true understatement. As a couple planning a 100% destination wedding, Ashley's input and recommendations were spot on and tremendous. She helped us assemble a vendor team that worked seamlessly together and with just a few questions could recommend precisely the right vendor based on what we wanted. We had already determined PPP was worth every penny and then Hurricane Matthew hit. With Savannah evacuated, we had to postpone. Ashley sprang into action -- letting vendors know and helping me tremendously. Within 4 days, we had a new "rescheduled" date picked and new contracts with all of our vendors. In the weeks leading up to the new wedding date, Ashley finalized layout, confirmed rentals and oversaw a set up that was truly all of our random ideas coming together in a way that worked so well. She and her assistant were a calming influence and made everything SO easy for us on the day of.

In short, hiring PPP was the single best wedding related decision that we made (other than deciding to get married!). Knowledgeable, professional, and impeccable taste and service.

Sent on 04/12/2017
  • W

W · Married on 01/15/2017

I sought advice from married friends and they all recommended finding a great wedding planner to handle, at a minimum, the day of the wedding. However, I had a hard time finding someone in the Charleston area that was in our budget. Most planners were out of reach financially and looking to provide more services than we needed. We were so, so lucky to stumble upon Ashley Greene and her team at Posh Petals and Pearls. She was able to customize a package for us that fit our budget and our wedding planning needs. She's also TERRIFIC at her job and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Ashley is a fabulous listener. Our first meeting was so easy. She answered all of our questions and asked us a lot of great questions to make sure she understood what we were looking for. She was open, honest, personable and professional. She had great suggestions, too, but never felt pushy. I was immediately comfortable. The contract process was just as easy.

We hired her for the "month of" and that's when she really knocked our socks off. We had multiple phone meetings to review all of the details coming together and she had great advice and problem solving ideas during that hectic time. She met my mom and I the week of to do a walk through of our space, review the floor plan and decoration set-up, and answer any other questions we had. By the time I officially handed her the reins, I felt confident in letting go of the "nuts and bolts" of our wedding day, which is one of the best feelings you can have as a bride.

She was a rock star the weekend of our wedding. Our wedding rehearsal process was so smooth with Ashley at the helm. I'm not sure I can even articulate how amazing Ashely and her team were the day of our wedding. (Tears are coming just thinking about it.) She perfectly executed all the things we'd talked about and came the rescue in a few emergencies. HIRE HER! She's amazing and a really worth the investment.

Sent on 09/13/2017

mary · Married on 12/10/2016

Marvee is amazing- totally professional and incredible to work with. She took care of all details, reminded me of deadlines and had a most cheerful attitude throughout!!!!! Mary Sprague

Sent on 12/22/2016

Cindy · Married on 10/01/2016

If you are considering a wedding planner for the Savannah area, I would absolutely recommend Posh Petals & Pearls--especially Tara Skinner. Tara's professionalism and demeanor were tops and it was always a pleasure to work with her. Her knowledge of the industry as well as wedding and event etiquette cannot be topped. We were so pleased (and very grateful) that Tara was able to refer my daughter (the bride) and me to some of the best vendors in the area, making the planning process from out of town extremely smooth, seamless--and fun! We would hire her again in a heartbeat; you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

If you want to enjoy every moment and memory of your wedding day and not worry about anything, then I would highly recommend choosing Posh Petals and Pearls. I can't imagine not having had Tara in the months leading up to the wedding and on that day. Tara and I worked very hard at planning to bring the picture of my dream together and when the day came I just got to sit back and enjoy it while Tara and her team worked tirelessly to create the most beautiful day. Everything ran smoothly without a hitch, or at least none that I know of. We even brought in a band from out of town who commented that they have never been a part of a wedding that has been so organized and flawless all that credit goes to Tara. Every vendor we chose was at Tara's recommendation and they were all exceptional. When I walked in to our reception and saw how Tara and team had brought together every piece of my vision I cried tears of joy. It was the most amazing feeling and worth every single dollar. There is no way I could have had the wedding of my dreams without Tara and Posh Petals and Pearls. She absolutely out did herself.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Debbie · Married on 09/17/2016

Ashley Greene and her team at Posh Petals and Pearls deserve all gold stars for their work on my daughter's wedding in September. Ashley was always available by phone or text and quick to respond with even the smallest of details. Her expertise includes a vast knowledge of wedding vendors that gave me the opportunity to work with some very talented individuals in our community. Thank you, Ashley, for helping us give our daughter the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/30/2016

Tara and staff were wonderful! I was a bit worried at first because my daughter's wedding was in North Carolina. I live in Virginia, my daughter lives in Minnesota and Tara lives in Georgia. I wasn't sure how this would come together. We met with Tara a few months before the wedding in the town where it was going to be. After meeting with her, I had no doubt that everything would be fine. She was very professional and already had incredible ideas. She had spoken with my daughter before the meeting and knew my daughter's vision for her wedding day. Since my daughter was having her wedding on the NC coast, she wanted to incorporate oyster shells. Tara spent hours in 100 degree weather collecting oyster shells. What she did with them was amazing! The day of the wedding was stress free. All we did was show up at the venue and we were in awe. Everything was more beautiful than I imagined! She had every detail of the day organized and it went exactly as planned. I have one other daughter and will not hesitate to give Posh Petals and Pearls a call when she is planning her wedding.

Sent on 02/10/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

I absolutely loved working with Tara of Posh, Petals, and Pearls. She is so sweet and knowledgable and was always available to answer any questions--no matter the nature. She made the planning process much easier, and I didn't have to worry about a single thing the week of the wedding, especially the day of. She handled everything from phone calls, vendor arrivals, and even family drama with grace. I don't know what we would have done without her! Additionally, Posh, Petals, and Pearls' recommended vendor list was a godsend, and we loved working with every single vendor we used from this list.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Kristin · Married on 04/16/2016

Ashley was amazing!! We live out of state and would not be in Savannah before the week of our wedding and everything was perfect! Better than we ever imagined!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/09/2016

It was so wonderful it was to have the privilege to work with Ashley from Posh Petals & Pearls. When we got engaged last year, we decided to get married in Charleston, even though we live in NYC. I am a total control freak / obsessive planner, and the idea of looking into someone else to help with the planning was NOT an easy decision for me but we decided it was necessary since we would only be able to make 1 or 2 trips to Charleston during the planning process. From the second I called Ashley, I knew we needed her in our planning process, and that she would be the perfect person to help us with all of our wedding day needs. From Day 1, she answered every single one of my random questions instantly, even when my wedding was many months away. She had the perfect suggestions, helped me make some tough decisions, and met with us multiple times during our trips to Charleston to meet with other vendors. As the pressure and stress started to build, Ashley helped me realize what was important, what to delegate, and what was not worth worrying about at all. She ran errands for us, accepted packages on our behalf, and truly went above and beyond for us in every sense. When we got to Charleston for our wedding weekend, she took total control and made sure that we were not left doing anything that she could do for us – I did not have to worry about a single element of our large Welcome event, or the timing of our entire wedding day. She juggled so many schedules, locations, and vendors for our large bridal party and 130 out-of-town guests, ensuring that my husband and I had the absolute time of our lives from start to finish. She is so experienced in every aspect of wedding planning- it was easy for me to hand over control increasingly throughout the whole process, and we trusted her completely with everything we had worked so hard all year to plan. Melissa assisted her on our wedding day, and working with the Posh, Petals & Pearls ladies was the best decision we made!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Martha · Married on 04/03/2016

Tara and the Posh Petal and Pearl team were invaluable in the planning of my daughters wedding. She fielded so many calls during the many months of planning with grace and kindness, making us most confident of the final outcome. All of our guests were saying afterward that it was, "by far, the best wedding they had been to"! Planning a weekend-long affair, with multiple venues, was an handled seamlessly due to Tara's organization and planning. Perfection!

Sent on 04/27/2016