22 Reviews for Tangier Banquet & Event center

Plated (1)
House Wine (1)
House Liquor (1)
22 Tangier Banquet & Event center Reviews

We recently hosted our daughter's September 30th wedding in the Fountain Room at the Tangier. What a beautiful and magical experience it was! Everything was above and beyond our expectations. From the moment we met with Angelica, we knew that it would be a fabulous and memorable evening for all. Her attention to detail, vast experience and knowledge, and ability to embrace our vision left us feeling totallyconfident that all would go as planned. The Fountain Room is so architecturally beautiful and provides guests with a sense of historical significance and times gone past; so perfect for our Gatsby-themed reception. The multitude of choices for linens, centerpieces and tableware fit any theme and color scheme one can imagine. The food was absolutely amazing and the options of a chef attended pasta bar and late night snack feature was something we had never seen before and our guests absolutely loved them both! The bride and groom's request for a signature cocktail for the evening was graciously honored and masterfully done as well. All of the staff that evening were courteous and attentive and made us feel welcomed and special. The buffet lines moved very quickly with virtually no waiting, thanks to the competent and skillful staff and our guests were thrilled with the quality of the food. Overall, the Tangier is an exceptional, all-inclusive value that can accommodate practically any budget, and the end result is truly priceless. Angelica was with us every step of the way and we are so very grateful to her for making our event perfect in every way. We only wish it could have lasted all night, and we look forward to our next visit to the Tangier!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tangier and its staff were outstanding. Not only is the building beautiful but the staff are so accommodating and helpful. We had our wedding reception there and have heard 100 times over how good our food was. It really was delicious. Angelica took the stress out of planning for us and stayed to help hours into the reception. I can't say enough great things about the venue and the staff.

Profile Picture betsy, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor

The venue is unique and all our guests loved it. The staff at Tangiers, especially Angelica, was just amazing. I would highly recommend this place!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone at the Tangier is extremely helpful and accommodating. Anything we wanted to, they made it happen. There are so many little things that they did for us that other places would charge extra for, but they truly just want your wedding to be everything you've dreamed of.
Antoinette listened to our every request and made our wedding dreams come true! On the day of the wedding, the ballroom looked absolutely incredible -even more amazing than I could have imagined. The food was excellent. The drinks were delicious. Our only complaint, and it's a small one, is that a few of our guests mentioned that the bartender was not the friendliest person. But overall, the day was amazing, everything went off without a hitch and we couldn't have asked for a better reception venue!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Tangiers is the perfect venue for a Northeastern Ohio wedding. Angelica and their entire staff our extremely professional, genuine, and work hard to make your wedding yours. We had several changes to make throughout the process and they were extremely accommodating and gave us the perfect night.

On top of all that, their food is absolutely fantastic and they have tons of options to choose from. If you are going to use them, make sure to get their meatballs for your cocktail hour!

Profile Picture Marty, 12/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Valet, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I had my wedding at the tangier and it was everything I ever wished for! They were excellent at helping with any needs that I had as a bride. They put together my center pieces and made sure that it looked fantastic. I had our ceremony in the wine cellar and our reception in the ballroom! We had a full service bar and the food was amazing! It's been almost 2 years and family and friends keep saying how great the food was and how beautiful our wedding was. If I had to do my wedding all over again I would definitely pick this venue!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a more beautiful, exciting experience from beginning to end! Antoinette, Angelica and the entire staff were truly on point from the Bridal Expo to actually helping us not only plan the actual ceremony and receptions decor and meal but also ideas of different party favors we could use, bridal party color, outfit looks to bridal shower ideas. The quality of service they provided the entire year before to that wonderful day. We had set backs of course being young and wanting to pay for everything ourselves as well as day of issues, but the flexibility and honest to goodness empathy they showed towards us I can guarantee would not be shown by many other venues! The professionalism and ability to work with us on so many levels was more than anyone can dream for. We had the Ceremony, Reception and Bridal shower at The Tangier. The bride’s side of the bridal party also had a room to get ready in before the ceremony. Everything was thought of, orderly and literally perfect. If I could give 1 million filled in stars I wouldn't hesitate. Trust me when I tell you there is NO other place to host one of the most important days of your life than The Tangier. If you want the time leading up to your special day to the actual day its self to exceed your expectations than again look no further. We are very very appreciative.

Profile Picture Narrissa, 11/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Very helpful and friendly staff! They took care of everything for us! Everything went smoothly and the food was delicious!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tangiers is the best kept wedding secret in Akron. Angelica, the general manager, was just amazing to work with! She helped me through the entire process and made everything perfect. The food was fantastic, the venue was amazing, the quality of everything was just so great. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. I did not have to worry about ANYTHING. The whole venue is gorgeous and by far the nicest that I looked at between Hudson and Medina and believe me, I shopped around. I did not have any particular ideas in mind for my center pieces, I just handed over a bunch of stuff I collected and they put them together into an amazing array of center pieces. I could not have dreamed it better myself. Not only that, they are so reasonably priced. I really felt like I got a ton of value for what we paid. I was able to keep my wedding on budget and it looked like a million bucks. The mashed potato martini bar was an absolute hit. All of my guests absolutely loved it and are still talking about it. All in all, I am so happy that I went with Tangiers, it was truly the wedding of my dreams.

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/2/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tangier was the perfect place to hold my wedding reception! Angelica was wonderful to work with...she was very knowledgeable, sweet, and hard-working. The food was amazing, the service was amazing, and I couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Allison, 4/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were in the Fountain Room, and it was stunning. It looks gorgeous in photos. Also, they were very flexible and handled all of the details. I was very happy with the level of service I received from the Tangier.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

They were absolutely wonderful. I could not have been more pleased. They were easy to work with and made the day less stressful for me. The food was also amazing. You get actual restaurant food and not some greasy catered stuff. I would highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/13/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tangier is a phenomenal place to have your wedding in the Akron area! If you can get past the unqie outer design, the interior decor is tasteful and exquiste. The detail and tim ethey put in is unmatchable for the cost.
They were super flexible and let us bring in anything we wantd from real chirstmas trees, to our own desserts!
I can not say enought great things about them!
The food is amazing and the service equals that!
Ask for Kelly Byers!

Profile Picture Lori, 12/1/07, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WONDERFUL!!! That is the only way to describe this place. The atmospher was Beautiful, the wedding planner was extremely helpful through everything, and the food was phenominal!!!! I would do it all over again just to for the reception. It was absolutly worth the money!!! I highly recommend!!! :)

Profile Picture Hillary , 7/7/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have been happier with our Halloween wedding at The Tangier this year. They took great care of us and our guests. It was a perfect day at a great price!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tangier's ballroom provided the perfect location for our reception. From the time planning started (more than 1 year prior to the wedding), Kelly and her staff were extremely helpful. I appreciated that she was only involved as much as we needed her to be- not pushy at all. We wanted a place where we could put everything into their hands and not worry about any detail come the day of the wedding (which is VERY important to relieve stress)- and that's exactly what we got. The food was AMAZING and all the guests were in awe of the decor and ambiance of the room. We couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Lindsay , 7/10/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding in their fountain room, and the whole process was great! Angelica, our coordinator, was so patient with us changing some details around and asking for a second tasting, and she was so helpful every step of the way, especially when we had technical difficulties with our music. The venue is gorgeous, and really doesn't need extra decorating, which makes one less thing to worry about. The food is all so delicious (especially the stuffed pork)! The serving staff was excellent, and our bartender was fantastic. And the best thing was that the pricing was all-inclusive; we didn't have to worry about rentals or a separate bar cost. They also made my wife and I feel completely welcome, and that was very important to us. Thank you so much to Tangier for making our reception amazing!

Profile Picture Miejie, 4/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking

They place was amazing, more than I could have hoped for. Kelly the woman in charge of the wedding planning was so helpful and willing to do anything I asked. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. I had an afternoon wedding which kept the price down. I wouldn't have changed a thing. The food was amazing as well.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/25/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

The Tangier is the most amazing wedding venue I could have chosen. Angelica and her entire staff are the most accommodating, understanding and kind people there is out there! You can truly tell they are professionals in this industry. When I walked into The Fountain Room on the night of our wedding, I was blown away. They executed what I had envisioned perfectly, I couldn't believe how flawless everything looked! They truly know what they're doing. I would do it all over again at The Tangier! I could rave forever about how amazing the service was.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Event Planning, Set Up

Tangier is professional and provides exceptional service. Recently, engaged I have been slaving over finding the perfect wedding venue from a different state. It is hard enough to plan a wedding in another state while training in the Army. Tangier has been very patient and willing to meet my needs to excel my expectations for my wedding.

Profile Picture User5053557, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.0

Unfortunately they are harder to get ahold of...I feel like whenever I meet it is rushed or I'm bothering them but it was the best price. They discounted my price because the scheduled a tasting then didn't show up for it or have it ready. They made up for that with a discount and catering the food to my home. Unfortunately the day of there was a pageant there the same day and you had to walk through it to get to my reception and we were told nothing really gets scheduled on the day. Not only was it scheduled but we had to walk through it. Things were set up completely when we got there. They really don't provide coordinating services even though they say they do. My DJ and the coordinator Kathy did most of the work. It was set up beautifully though but some of the things we asked for and provided weren't done. If you want To have your event There make sure you don't need guidance and have amazing vendors. The coordinator was hard to find and was giving tours even at our reversal. I know they do this a lot but I'd never been married and needed hand holding .On another note the food was delicious but we got homestyle Mac and cheese and fried chicken and it was great.

View Vendor Response