Tan Weddings & Events Reviews

Tan Weddings & Events 7
  • Alisha & Ryan

Alisha · Married on 10/14/2018

Choose Jose Flores!

Jose Flores was more than we could have asked to preside over our wedding. Right from the start, we knew we were in great hands upon our first meeting. Leading up to the wedding, he made the extra effort to come to our home to really get to know us better. He was always available to reach out to with any question we had.

On the day of our wedding, Jose was awesome! He did an amazing job helping to calm our nerves and assured us that everything was going to go perfectly and we had nothing to worry about.

Our ceremony was fantastic! Jose breezed through everything like a true professional. He even stopped to laugh with both us and our guests, as we struggled with our nerves in trying to tie our Fisherman's Knot! He didn't miss a beat, and sent us off a very happy newlywed couple!

We loved Jose and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant for their upcoming wedding!

Alisha & Ryan Widenmann

Briana Troutner · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing team!

Jennifer Tan and her team are absolutely AMAZING! I've been in the wedding industry for over 5 years, and coordinated my own share of weddings, which means I knew how important hiring a Coordinator was. We are so happy we chose Jennifer! From the very beginning, she was extremely responsive, easy to talk to, professional, and kind. Leading up to the day, she helped us make small decisions, without ever pushing in one direction or the other, visited the venue with us, created a seamless timeline, and updated our layout multiple times. On the day of our wedding, she and her team kept everything running smoothly, handled small issues that came up, and was always calm. She truly cares about her couples and made sure that my husband and I, along with our families could really enjoy the day. I can't thank her enough for helping make our wedding absolutely perfect!

• Allison

Allison · Married on 09/29/2018

Hoffman Wedding 9/30

I can't even begin to say enough words to describe my experience working with Jennifer and her team. Every girl has their pinterest board of ideas but where do you really start? From my first call with Jennifer I felt at ease and comfortable that I knew that she was there for me and also knowing what to expect. She was good at checking in to ensure everything was on track and that I didn't need any help. But back to my pinterest board that I spoke about above... Not only did they execute every last detail but they perfected it with their professional finishing touches!

Lastly I know I already mentioned that our wedding was absolutely perfect but I left something out.. She ALSO did our Flowers, and I mean all of them to every last piece of greenery! I literally have tears in my eyes look back at every last detail of my vision and dream and to know that her team made it also their vision. Hands down the BEST WEDDING COORDINATOR. No need to keep looking as I assure you the search ends here!

Tan Weddings & Events 11
    Tan Weddings & Events 16
    Tan Weddings & Events 17
    Tan Weddings & Events 18

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2018

If you’re debating hiring TW&E, just do it.

The best decision I made this year was to marry my best friend. The second best decision I made was hiring Tan Wedding & Events to plan our dream day.
    We were very nervous about planning a wedding in 6 months with a tight budget but Jennifer was an absolute dream to work with. From the very beginning she understood our vision and helped us find the most amazing team of vendors, within said tight budget, to make it happen. She graciously and promptly responded to all of my emails, questions and concerns and truly held my hand through the entire process.
    Her husband, Rick, officiated our ceremony. He met with us a few times before the big day to get to know each other more and do some pre-marital counseling. He used WedWordy to help us create a custom, beautiful ceremony script that I will forever cherish.
    On the day of the wedding, I was smiling from ear to ear all day. Jennifer, Mikaela, Kelsy and the rest of their team were like my own personal fairy godmothers. They truly made our wedding the best day ever.
    Planning your wedding should be a fun, happy time and I promise you, that is what Tan Wedding & Events makes happen.

Tan Weddings & Events 19

Anna · Married on 06/22/2018

Tan Weddings was absolutely wonderful! Jennifer Tan officiated our wedding, she made it very easy to put together our ceremony and make it exactly what we wanted, all of the words were personalized and meaningful. It was clear that she was very experienced and offered suggestions when we needed them. She was also very flexible and helped calm any nerves either one of us had about the ceremony. What made everything even better was the beautiful harp play by Rick Tan, it made the ceremony that much more magical. We received many compliments on how beautiful the music and ceremony were. Everything went so perfectly, I would highly recommend both of them without hesitation.

Natalie · Married on 06/16/2018

If you are looking for an exceptional wedding planner and team look no further!!! The team at Tan Wedding & Events, literally pulled off the most perfect wedding for us within our very limited time frame, and it was a destination wedding! Every vendor they recommended was superior in their field from floral design just how we envisioned it, on point Dj, the perfect Hair & Makeup artist, to polished transportation services and our very favourite the most exception photographer in the biz.

I honestly could not say enough positive words about are experience with Tan Wedding & Events, they made our last minute destination wedding not only come to life but made it magical, stress free and seamless. They also have some really great software as well that makes planning a wedding simple and enjoyable. They are incredibly responsive and always seemed 10 steps ahead... life savers!

Thank you Jennifer, Joey, the whole Tan Team plus the amazing vendors we are forever grateful!!!

Eve · Married on 06/02/2018

Jennifer and Rick Tan were incredible! Choosing TWE for coordinating and officiating was hands-down the best wedding decision we made! We would give them a 6 on a 0-5 scale! We would recommend using them to make your day feel relaxed and know that you are in good hands. Thank for being by my side the whole year of planning, Jennifer! I can't express enough how grateful I am for you all!

Courtney · Married on 05/27/2018

Tan Weddings & Events was by far the best investment we made for our wedding. They went above and beyond in every aspect and fulfilled our dreams beyond expectations! Not only are they are a great vendor and business, but they're great people too! Thank you TWE!

Crystal · Married on 05/26/2018

To start I am a chill, yet elegant-perfectionist type of bride. I found Tan weddings online and simply sent a email. Then after the initial email ( everyone knows it takes days for vendors to respond or not even do that- but Tan Weddings responded in less than 2 hours max) it was a match made in heaven. Jennifer and Rick Tan were amazing from start to finish. Jennifer is a fairy godmother that every bride should have on their side. Let me clarify.. I personally don’t like to repeat my self on what I like and my expectations- Tans Weddings are top notch professionals. Once The Tans meet you, they already know what kind of bride and groom to anticipate. I didn’t have to repeat a word, just sit back and relax - after I did my little assignments that were asked of me.
    They allowed me to have peace of mind with the planning and organizing which was shear bliss and a dream. Tan Weddings are professionals, miracle workers, affordable, and a wonderful individuals to plan your event. Their staff that works prior and during the event is spectacular. Everyone on their team is undoubtfully perfect.
    The day of the wedding, I was greeted by Mr. Rick then shortly after Mrs. Jennifer and the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. I know every bride says their wedding was perfect but I must say honestly Mine was PERFECT; with a rainbow and family of deers roaming, seriously ... Tan Wedding & Events is A MUST to hire for any bride that wants sheer perfection with makeup, food, cake, decor, venue choice, photography, videography, musicians, and true friendship after everything is over and done.
    One last comment though, I have only one regret... not finding Tan Wedding &Events sooner. That would have saved the pre marriage arguments with my now husband on choices. Take my advice: they are amazing and worth every penny in the world for that PERFECT moment in life.

Tan Weddings & Events 20
  • Y

Yuliya · Married on 02/24/2018

Tan Weddings and Events is exceptional! Jennifer, the wedding coordinator, is the best wedding planner any bride can hope for! She made our event flawless and beautiful. She referred to us and then coordinated excellent wedding team: hair stylist and makeup beautician, harpist for the ceremony, DJ for dancing, photographer, and florist. You name it, she will help you with your vision to make it come true. Jennifer is excellent with communication, flexible with changes, very organized and accommodating. Our wedding was perfect!

Katie · Married on 02/22/2018

Words can not express how perfect our elopement was from start to finish. Jennifer was simply amazing; flexible, creative, helpful and pays such close attention to detail. Our young daughter was a part of our ceremony and Jennifer was understanding and so easy to work with. Loved this unique experience and would do it all again!

Tan Weddings & Events 21

Autumn · Married on 12/10/2017

I found Tan Weddings about a week before our wedding as our other officiant had dropped out last minute. I had made a post about needing an officiant on a Wedding Recycle page on Facebook and thankfully they had replied back within 5 minutes. I ended up being able to meet with them the same day and chose Reverend Rick to be our officiant. He was very kind, very flexible and everything I wanted for my officiant so I hired him the same day.
    He came up with a very beautiful ceremony with the perfect hint of corniness and humor to help ease our tensions and make our guests laugh. Everything was perfect and even after the ceremony, my guests were raving about our officiant! I definitely will be recommending Tan Weddings and Events to other people!

Erica · Married on 10/21/2017

Jennifer and Rick Tan are simply the best! Jennifer was the officiant at our October wedding and she and Rick also made signs, table numbers, and the seating chart, and provided us with photo frames for our wedding. They are very experienced and clearly know what they are doing. I never had to worry about any task that had been assigned to them. Jennifer did an amazing job officiating our ceremony. She was a great speaker, had many beautiful words to say, and worked easily with us to tailor the ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. We received many compliments from guests about the great job she did. I was very nervous about the ceremony, but she prepped me adequately beforehand about how the ceremony would go and patiently answered all my questions. My husband works in the wedding industry and had worked weddings with Jennifer in the past, and she was his first pick for our wedding. Jennifer and Rick are also the sweetest people! They are so kind and easy to get along with. I'm so glad Jennifer was a part of our wonderful wedding!

Daniel · Married on 10/21/2017

I am a wedding photographer and have worked on over 200 weddings at this point in my career. Of all the officiants I have worked with Jennifer stood out to me with her warm demeanor and professionalism. This is why I had her officiate my wedding! And of course she did an amazing job and stepping us through everything for the ceremony in a clear concise way. We were a little nervous beforehand but once we went over everything with her we felt completely at ease. Her husband also does signage so we had him make our seating chart and other signs for the wedding. They all looked beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for anyone better than them. Thank you again so much for all of your help and I look forward to seeing you at more weddings this next year!

Alice · Married on 10/21/2017

I have nothing but positive things to say about Rick and Jennifer. They both officiated and coordinated our October wedding. They clearly know what they're doing, they are very organized and professional, and it's clear that they enjoy what they do. Their calm demeanor and professionalism made our day smooth and seamless. Our guests also commented that Rick was an amazing officiant - his voice and calm demeanor was so captivating that he managed to draw a huge crowd. You can't go wrong with either Rick or Jennifer at your wedding. We were lucky to have both!

Tan Weddings & Events 22

Ann · Married on 10/14/2017

We are so very incredibly happy we chose Rev. Rick Tan to be the officiant for our wedding!! He is kind, easy to work with, and responds to emails promptly. Choosing our ceremony words was very easy to do on their online website. Rev. Rick Tan came to rehearsal 30 minutes early and patiently waited/chatted with everyone while the rest of the bridal party were still on their way to rehearsal. He walked the bridal party through rehearsal very smoothly and made sure to give us lots of tips! Rev. Rick has an excellent speaking voice, very calm and soothing. As I was listening to him speak during our ceremony, I started tearing up listening to his sweet words about love. I would 1000% recommend choosing Rev. Rick Tan as your officiant!!! It will be the best decision you will make throughout your whole wedding planning process!!

Tan Weddings & Events 23
    Tan Weddings & Events 24
    Tan Weddings & Events 25
    Tan Weddings & Events 26
    Tan Weddings & Events 27

Madison · Married on 10/07/2017

We chose to hire an officiant for our wedding ceremony because we did not want to put any sort of pressure on a family member or friend. We are not a religious couple but wanted to honor some aspects of the faith we were raised. Reverend Rick Tan was very easy to work with, professional, and made sure the whole process ran smoothly. We were able to customize our ceremony the way we wanted it. Overall, we are very happy with the services Reverend Rick Tan provided. Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

Madison & Daniel

Tan Weddings & Events 31
    Tan Weddings & Events 32
  • I

Ivan · Married on 09/20/2017

I honestly don't believe I could have done better with any other vendor, level of experience, or additional finances. I felt as if the Tan's were good friends helping me have the most special day possible and never sensed or felt as if it were a contracted job or service. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We just showed up and let the good times roll.

AJ · Married on 09/03/2017

How do I put into words their tremendous assistance during our special day.. Let’s just say we asked for a day of coordinator and we basically got a whole team who seem to have the talent or maybe intuition to be situated where you need them the most. There is nothing they wouldn’t do to make your wedding day go as smoothly as they can humanly possible. They are so thoughtful, made sure that everyone in the wedding party is fed and hydrated during the event, especially the bride and groom. Very easy to communicate with, they would guide you to achieve your vision, not push you into an idea they have and they worked really well with my other vendors. My husband and I even see one of them serving the drinks as the Catering needs extra hands. We were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day. Highly recommended!

Chelsea · Married on 08/26/2017

Reverend Jose Flores with Tan Weddings & Events did a perfect job as the officiant for our wedding. Our wedding ceremony was just as we had planned, and it's all thanks to Jose's planning and preparation. We met several times with Jose to prepare and arrange our ceremony script, in addition to meeting for our wedding rehearsal to ensure everyone knew where/when to walk and talk. Bottom line, if you want a smooth and beautiful ceremony, as well as a supportive and professional officiant, hire Jose at Tan Weddings & Events. 10/10 would recommend. Thanks Jose!

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2017

I used Tan weddings and Events through Wedgewood as one of our vendors. Working with Jennifer Tan from the beginning was great! They are very organized and made sure everything during our ceremony was perfect! Love their ceremony words maker, too!! Getting to choose the exact words that would be spoken was priceless to us. Even with having an unexpected turn of events the day of our wedding, with Jennifer getting stuck in traffic and not being able to make it, she had another officiant who lived near by ready to go and perform our ceremony. And it turned out Rev. Corkie was the best!! So sweet, and prepared both of us for what we had to say and do during the ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony for my wedding and the Tan's made that possible!

Michelle · Married on 05/20/2017

Jennifer and Rick Tan, and their team made the process of planning our wedding so smooth and effortless. Weddings can be challenging to coordinate in person - let alone across the country - and you made the process seem like a breeze. We loved every minute of our day and all of your advice in the process. Words cannot even begin to describe how much we have enjoyed your help and working with you!

Kristyn · Married on 04/29/2017

Wow! We cannot say enough good things about working with the Tans for our wedding ceremony in Napa Valley. They were a dream to plan our vows and the flow for our ceremony -- they are incredibly organized and experienced in translating and delivering couples' wishes for their nuptials, and at every interaction along the way, they were so lovely and positive and supportive. They have such a wonderful way about them, and it was such a delight having them officiate and provide the music for our ceremony! We will never forget our sweet, sentimental and beautiful ceremony.

• O

Olivia · Married on 04/08/2017

I loved having Jennifer officiate our wedding, if I could I would giver her 10 stars! She was so wonderful right from our first meeting, my husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her. Not only did she officiate our ceremony, she helped us to find our florist, made putting together our ceremony effortless and fun, and was there if we needed help every step of the way. By the time our wedding day rolled around, it was as if we were having a friend marry us, not just a professional officiant. We had several guests approach us after the ceremony to compliment Jennifer, they felt she did an amazing job and had enjoyed listening to her. Jennifer really set the tone for our ceremony, emphasizing the love we wanted our guests to feel as we said "I do".