Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor Reviews

57 | Carlisle, PA

57 Reviews for Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor

• Jackie

Jackie A. · Getting married on 09/05/2022

More Like an Outing with Girlfriends than Under Pressure to Find the Perfect Dress

Tamzen's Bridal was my first stop in looking for wedding dresses. I was nervous and had a vague idea, at best, of what I was looking forward. Brittany was professional, warm, and very knowledgeable. In the end, we found a dress that was very much me, exceeded expectations, and was in my (tighter) price range. I would highly recommend Tamzen's Bridal. At Tamzen's you'll feel more like you're on an outing with girlfriends, then under pressure to find the perfect dress.

Sent on 01/20/2021
  • amyrosner

Amy R. · Getting married on 02/14/2022

Simply Perfect

I couldn't possibly have had a better wedding dress buying experience than the one I had with Tamzen's Bridal. I felt so overwhelmed (and excited!) with this task at the beginning but Tammy was so attentive and helpful and answered all of my questions. I wound up with the perfect dress and the easiest buying process I could imagine! Tammy's primary concern was that I was completely happy with everything about my choice, and I can't thank her enough for her professionalism and caring.

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin S. · Getting married on 05/22/2021

Lovely Dresses!

Tamzen's Bridal was the first shop I went to to look for a wedding dress. I ended up buying a dress right there and then! The woman who assisted us was incredible! She gave me so much advice and truly made it a magical experience. Due to COVID, we were the only ones in the store (appointment only currently) and I loved it. She gave us endless attention and really guided me through the process. The shop has a wide array of choices and styles, but our stylist narrowed it down based on my body type and likes to make the experience not so overwhelming. If you are looking for a wedding gown I highly recommend checking out Tamzen's Bridals!

Sent on 06/27/2020
  • Anna

Anna M. · Married on 11/14/2020

Outstanding!

Since I grew up in Carlisle I wanted to try to keep most my vendors local. I had heard about Tamzen's from a fellow peer who had been married a couple years before myself. I decided to start my wedding dress search there and was not disappointed. Tammy was absolutely fabulous. First of all having the store to myself and my party, which meant so much and made us all very comfortable. We were able to find a winner within a couple hours. But this is not where Tammy stopped. She personally converted my mother's veil to a comb, provided me with a perfect recommendation to a seamstress closer to my home, and helped me set up preservation of my dress in advance. I am so happy my hometown has such a gem in Tamzen's.

Sent on 11/19/2020

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Aww! Thank you Anna!! Your kind words couldn't mean more now, then ever. I truly have a dream job that I absolutely LOVE, and have been more than blessed with wonderful brides like yourself!
    It truly is our pleasure to serve our clients and help them find the perfect wedding gown for their big day. Thank you for letting us be apart!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/03/2020

WORTH the drive!

I cannot say enough good things about Tammy and her staff at Tamzen’s bridal. I found 5 very specific dresses I wanted to try on, and all the stores near my home in Maryland said it would cost $100 per dress to ship to their store so I could try them on if they did not already carry those dresses, which none of them did. If I did not buy a dress, I would be out hundreds of dollars just to try on some dresses! Because of this, I decided to look further from my home and called Tamzen’s Bridal. Tammy went above and beyond to make sure I could get all 5 dresses I wanted to try on, and even worked it out with a trunk show so all the dresses could be shipped for FREE! The location is in a very nice city of Carlisle, where we were able to do a wine tasting at a nearby winery at Tammy’s recommendation before my appointment. I was the only bride in the store during my appointment which meant I had the whole store to myself and the whole staff to help me decide on a dress! I found the dress of my dreams and said yes to the dress thanks to Tammy - everyone was in tears! It was definitely worth the 2 hour drive from my home and I would HIGHLY recommend Tamzen’s Bridal for anyone who wants a personalized experience with spectacular customer service.

Sent on 10/15/2020

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Awww! Thank you Kelsey for your kind words. It was our pleasure!
    Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day.
    You look gorgeous!!!!
  • Alayna_Peterson

Alayna · Married on 09/26/2020

Outstanding Experience!

I cannot recommend Tamzen's enough!!! The shop is beautiful and Tamzen and her consultants are super helpful and respectful of your budget. They really listened to what I wanted and chose dresses that flattered my figure. I never felt pressured or overwhelmed. Tamzen also called and texted me several times to let me know when my dress was ordered and delivered to the shop. I also love that they let you walk around and pull dresses! Not all bridal shops do this, but I think it makes wedding dress shopping fun and easier for you and your consultant.

I felt beautiful on my wedding day and will recommend Tamzen's to every bride I meet!

Sent on 09/29/2020

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Wow! Thank you Alayna for the lovely review. I can't begin to tell you how much that means to us! It certainly was our pleasure to work with you. Your pictures are amazing! We are thrilled to have you as part of the Tamzen's Bridal family!
    Best Wishes for a beautiful future!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2020

Wonderful experience!

All the ladies go above and beyond! After being a very picky bride and going to multiple places, I decided to visit Tamzens. Within minutes the ladies there knew exactly what to do and found the perfect dress! The dresses and suits at Tamzens are stunning and the prices are great! Thank you!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Jessica!!!!
    Your pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You look absolutely stunning!
    More importantly, thank you for the opportunity to help you find your gown. We had so much fun that day!! You now have become part of our family! Best Wishes!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2020

Just Amazing!

Tamzen is the best there is! The moment I met her I could tell she was someone who knew bridal gowns and the bridal industry very well. She knew exactly which gowns would look amazing on me, and she was the one who ended up picking out "the dress" after realizing the ones I was picking just weren't right for my body type. She made me feel very comfortable with her warm and genuine personality. She basically treated me as if I was HER daughter getting married! I can be very indecisive (and it didn't help that she has sooooo many beautiful dresses to choose from), so when I finally had it narrowed down to three dresses, she guided me to the right one by giving me things to think about that other places didn't, like what alterations would be needed and how that would affect the overall look and cost of the dress. Again, she really knows her stuff, and that is exactly the type of consultant you need when making such an important purchase. She gives you her complete and undivided attention, and she will not pressure you into anything just so she can "make a sale". She truly cares about her clients and making sure they walk out of her shop feeling valued and beautiful. The dress I ordered came very quickly - about 2 months - and it was exactly as I ordered. I thought finding and ordering a dress would be one the most stressful things about my wedding, but it turned out to be the easiest because of Tamzen's outstanding professionalism. I cannot say enough nice things about her and her staff, and I highly recommend anyone getting married to see Tamzen and only Tamzen. You won't need to go anywhere else - trust me.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Ashley W. · Married on 05/30/2020

Amazing shop

Amazing group! They knew what was going to look great on me and helped pick pick a beautiful dress.

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 10/26/2019

Great Experience!

I was extremely overwhelmed when I began looking for a wedding dress and Tamzen’s was recommended to me by a friend. From the moment we walked in, Tammy was kind and very helpful! She picked out dresses I never would have imagined myself in but she also listened to my vision. She was very patient and didn’t push me into purchasing. This was my first visit but it will definitely not be my last! If you are looking for a great bridal shop in Central PA, I cannot recommend enough! Thank you, Tammy!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/13/2019

I wish there was a way to give more than 5 stars because I would give 10 stars for the excellent service and care I received at Tamzen’s Bridal at Butler Manor. I have been to multiple bridal stores between shopping for my sister’s wedding dress and mine and NOTHING compares to the care we received with Tammy. First, they shut down the entire store for your wedding appointment, so you never have to deal with other brides walking by your mirror or big wedding parties crowding your space. It creates the feel of having a little bridal show for your family and bridal party, starring you – who wouldn’t want that?! I would hate it when I went to other bridal salons and they said the same thing as everyone else, “oh, honey you look great in everything,” which we all know is false. Tammy tells you exactly what dresses flatter you and which dress will look perfect for your wedding theme. She never tries to push you into anything or make you second guess your decision. We all have this image in our mind of how we want to look on our wedding day, I had selected a few wedding dresses that I thought matched my image. After trying on 2 dresses, Tammy pulls out this wedding dress that is the EXACT color, style, and image I had imagined for my wedding dress. My family could not get over how this was the best “wedding dress experience” they ever had. If I could describe Tammy, she would be the long-lost Aunt I never had. Tammy makes you feel like family and I don’t think anything is better than that.

Sent on 03/11/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/13/2019

A wonderful experience!

All I can say about my experience at Tamzen's is WOW! Tamzen is so knowledgeable and caring. She did a wonderful job of making my family and I feel right at home in the shop. She made wonderful recommendations about which dresses to try on. The dress I ended up choosing was actually one of her 'wild card' choices for me! Tamzen also makes great recommendations for the way your dress should be ordered in to make the alteration process easier. She will also recommend various different seamstresses in the area that she knows and trusts, which I really appreciated! I would recommend anyone looking for a wedding gown to make an appointment at Tamzen's!!

Charity M. · Married on 07/06/2019

Small Town Feel With A Personal Touch

I had to take my daughter in to find a specific designer for my sons out of state wedding.. Tammy the owner was so helpful and nice.. The atmosphere was relaxed which was so needed.. I was so impressed even after telling her I wasn't sure about ordering the dress there because my future daughter in law wanted them to be ordered together.. She explained the process and also offered (with receipt) to match any price or sale discount we were offered.. She has that small town feel with a personal touch.. I will refer everyone I know to her for all their Bridal or formal needs.. Defiantly someone I would give my business to in the future..

Sent on 02/27/2019

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

It was a pleasure to meet you lovely ladies!
    Congrats again!
    You have a new fan!

Alyssa Y. · Married on 06/21/2019

Thumbs up to Tamzen's Bridal!!!

Tamzen's Bridal is amazing! I would highly recommend them to any bride. I just had a baby so I was very self conscious about how I looked. When I made the appointment I was super nervous because I knew I wasn't where I wanted to be size wise. When I got there Tamzen was immediately welcoming me and my bridesmaids. I didn't know what to expect walking in. At places like David's Bridal you seem any people around watching, but at Tamzen's Bridal you have the store to yourself, which made me so much more comfortable. Once I picked out a few dresses, Tamzen helped me try them on. Again, she was very professional and also very helpful in helping me find the perfect dress! That was the first and only place I went to. My bridesmaids also got their dresses there as well. They too had an amazing experience.

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Aww! Thank you Alyssa. You know how I feel about you and your wedding party! You're the sweetest! I am looking forward to the big day and lots of pictures.
  • Alicia

Alicia D. · Married on 06/02/2019

Gorgeous Dress & The Best Experience!

My sister and I both ended up getting our wedding dresses at Tamzen's Bridal in Carlisle, PA because of the customer service and overall experience. A lot of dress shops have gorgeous dresses and I'm sure I could have found my dress at any other shop since it was a Stella dress and pretty popular. But, Tamzen's bridal shop is one-of-a-kind. She makes you feel like you are the only bride in the room - mostly because - well, you are. You can schedule your own private appointment which means you have the entire place to yourself! There's no awkward moments of you having to look at other brides trying on their dresses or maybe trying on the dress that you want to try on, too. There's no comparing yourself to anyone else because you are the only bride and Tamzen makes you feel like the most beautiful bride she has ever seen. She is so easy to work with. She listens to what you are looking for but she will also offer own advice from experience. I thought I was looking for a totally different dress with lots of lace and a completely different neckline. But, she pushed me to also try on things I wouldn't have considered for my body type. I'm so glad that she did! My dress was beautiful and I received so many compliments. If you are looking for that special dress when finding the perfect dress, you definitely want to "say yes" to Tamzen's Bridal!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Aww Alicia, you are going to make me cry! Thank you for such a wonderful review. It was an absolute pleasure to help you find your gown. You and your family are very special to us, here at Tamzen's Bridal. (I personally feel like you are apart of my own family!) Your pictures are gorgeous and you certainly "rock" that Stella York gown!!!! It was definitely made for YOU!
  • Kate

Kate P. · Married on 05/25/2019

Bought a sample dress - unseen and it was AMAZING!

Buying a wedding dress can be a tough process. Buying a wedding dress online can be even more difficult. Buying a sample dress, for a great price was a huge gamble... I was biting my nails waiting for it to come! BUT, it arrived, packaged perfectly and in AMAZING quality. The fit was amazing and I still pinch myself that I was so fortunate to have found such a great buy. PLus, Tamzen treated me just like any of her brides that walk into her store and followed up to be sure I was happy with my purchase. It made me feel great that she was so pleased the sample dress worked for me, and I never felt like she was just trying to clear out old stock. Highly recommend her!

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Thank you Kate! It was wonderful working with you. I'm still waiting to see pictures of my beautiful bride. (Wink, Wink) I hope your day was as beautiful as you!

Sarah F. · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful!

I don't have enough positive things to say. I was concerned about finding the right dress after I tried other stores, and Tammy not only found it :)!!!, but she made me extremely comfortable during the entire process. My dress is BEAUTIFUL, but the sincerity and warmth at Tamzen's was the icing on the cake! I strongly recommend visiting Tammy & team!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Tamzen's Bridal at Butler Manor's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was my pleasure!
    BTW...What dessert are you serving at the reception? LOL!
    Sweets are my downfall.

Bethany · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

I had the most memorable experience with Tamzen's bridal! I live out of town and my mom is a school teacher, which made getting to Carlisle at a decent hour of the day difficult to manage. Tamzen understood my situation when I was attempting to make an appointment and she offered to keep the salon open late so we could get all our schedules lined up, talk about customer service! It was also wonderful having the salon to ourselves. She was patient and understanding with me (this was my first time shopping for a dress). She listened to what I liked and found me the PERFECT dress. I would recommend over and over again!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Devon C. · Married on 10/20/2018

Find your perfect dress too!

Tammy helped me find the PERFECT wedding dress. I am not the type who enjoys being the center of attention, but they made me feel right at home. She encouraged me to try on dresses that I never would have looked twice at, and her instinct was completely on point. I suggest them to EVERYONE!!

• Michelle

Michelle H. · Married on 10/11/2018

Great Quality and Variety!

Tamzen is the sweetest!! We met Tamzen through a personal connection and we are so grateful! We had a vision for all of our bridesmaids to be in different styled dresses in varying jewel toned colors the only similarity was that they would be long. We came in on our first appointment with all 4 bridesmaids not expecting to make any decisions, just to start the process, but we ended up finding all of their dresses right there within our one and a half hour appointment! We were pleasantly surprised and honestly it still shocks me with how simple and easy that process was! She had such great variety and so many options that are very reasonably priced.
    We had such a great experience that one of my bridesmaids ended up getting engaged after our wedding and was able to use Tamzen for her bridal gown!
    Thank you so much for all of your help and being such a special part of one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful Experience

I don't even know where to begin! Tammy and Doc were absolutely wonderful. They were so kind and worked with me and each of my bridesmaids in the most professional manner. I went in looking for a fitted gown with sparkles and lace, but none of those seemed to be "it." Tammy pulled a simple A-line gown and showed me that less really can be more. My dress even had pockets! She dressed it up with a cathedral-length veil and a sparkly headband. Her expertise is out of this world. We're so thankful for such a great experience

Sent on 12/05/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Going to Tamzen’s was the best part of my wedding planning experience. I traveled over three hours to their bridal shop at the recommendation of a friend and I am so glad I did. When I booked my appointment online, the website had an error and gave me the same appointment time as someone else. I was called immediately and the owner, Doc, felt so bad that they offered to open the shop early for my family and I. The day that we went, we walked in and discovered that we weren’t walking into your run of the mill bridal shop. It was closed except for my family and I with a big sign personalized with my name on it. Doc and Tamzen were beyond welcoming and gracious. I truly felt like I knew them my entire life. I never felt rushed or obligated to buy anything. In the end, Tamzen actually ended up picking out the winning dress. My dress came on time, along with my accessories, exactly as ordered. I can’t recommend them enough and have already sent two friends their way (both found their gowns there, too!).

Sent on 10/12/2018

Jessica Y. · Married on 08/19/2018

Maid of Honor Dress

Tamzeb provides the best service in the area, hands down. My sister decided to get married with 3 months notice and Tamzen was more than accommodating when it came to getting me in to find the perfect Maid of Honor dress!!! My dress was affordable, comfortable, beautiful, and everything I hoped it to be!
    Tamzen is warm, professional and makes you feel at home the second you walk in the shop doors. I will definitely be returning here for all of my future needs!

Linda · Married on 08/11/2018

Fabulous small town vendor with amazing selection and service

Who knew that in the heart of a small central PA town, one could find a perfect bridal boutique with a crazy couture selection and helpful, HONEST, down to earth service. Tam's help in selecting a dress was perfect. She lifted me up while still be honest about how a dress fit my body type. A second time around bride, I walked in with a thought in my head that didn't complement my body at all. Still, I was able to find a dress that was everything I never knew I wanted. I felt beautiful, and (best!) it was in a price range that I could afford. Though the shop is almost 90 minutes from my home, it was worth every second to drive there, and I recommend her every chance I get. Tamzen's Bridal is amazing.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Vanessa · Married on 06/30/2018

Tamzen's Bridal made my wedding gown dreams come true. I had such a special experience choosing my wedding gown with my family. I could not have asked for a better day or consultant Tammy. The kind and genuine service provided truly made the experience unforgettable. I highly recommend Tamzen's to any bride to be. ♥ Plus there is a beautiful selection with affordable prices.

Sent on 04/18/2017